Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
All cutting up and being silly aside Slum, nothing, and I mean nothing hurt like that hatchet hitting live living 'green' bone, it felt like god hit me in the side with a bolt of lightning, fear the blade my Friend, anyone shows you a blade in anger, shoot the fu-k out of em!

Trump Won!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
No scrip meds here.
The occasional Excedrin for headaches beyond the norm ( no migraine last 8 yrs or so ......those fuggers suck ).

I just take the pain. Work standing on concrete lifting stuff.
Shift starts at 4 and will be getting warmed up til about 6. From 6 to 10 i feel pretty good. Been moving enough.
Done at 12, home, showered and rigormortis by 1 am.

W my back its stand 5 sit 5 walk 5 repeat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=gunner500]All cutting up and being silly aside Slum, nothing, and I mean nothing hurt like that hatchet hitting live living 'green' bone, it felt like god hit me in the side with a bolt of lightning, fear the blade my Friend, anyone shows you a blade in anger, shoot the fu-k out of em! [/quote
I winced reading your first mention of that.

Lots of folks don't realize how soft "green" bone is. Until they break one, or get hit by a hatchet.

I've had the ends of two digits grazed by things taking the end of the digit off, or trying to. Wasn't fun.

Gotta keep moving is right. Drug, no drugs, homeopathic stuff, witch doctors, medicine women, crystals and amulets, Stations of the Cross...............whatever works, just don't give up!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 270winchester
How do you deal with it, besides meds? This month is 25 years for me, L-4, L-5, S-1. Left foot is numb and hurts 24/7 from nerve damage. Inoperable. Ran out of options years ago. Been in the "Live with it" stage for years. Distractions help, good movie, boobies, etc...What about you?

Man you sound like me. 15 years. Two back surgeries. Two foot surgeries to correct improper stance caused by nerve damage. Thankfully pain is not constant, but there is pain of some sort every day. Gabapentin, Duloxotine help. IMS weekly. Some days pain is frequent enough and bad enough, I question if living is worth it. Pain really wears you down. My wife and children keep me grounded along with a Christian faith.

I also use Biofreeze and Voltaren to help mitigate pain. Sometimes I wonder if CBD oil might not help?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm going on about 9 years and getting worse every year. Started years ago with random foot or ankle or tie joint pain. Spent years trying to treat it as gout with little success. 9 years ago back pain started. Ended up with central stenosis down to 5mm at L3 L4, And L5.
Ended up with cause equine syndrome and had emergency laminectomies.

Other joints, knees, hips, and especially Achilles tendons got really sore and stiff. Started growing bone spurs everywhere. Finally figured out it was ankylosising spondylitis and psoriatic arthritis. I'm in pain all the time now and its really slowed me down the last few years.

Bb

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Might try a TENS unit, but a hospital grade, not one from Walmart. I have lived with back pain for over 50years. Two surgeries,that helped some . I wore a TENS unit every day for for about 12 years before my last surgery. I still use one when my back acts up.

I also use a topical cream called SOMBRA Cool Therapy (Amazon , about$ 18) There is also a warm therapy,but it has the Capsacian (sp) in it that I can't use.
Ialos use acBD cream

I stay away from Gabapenton.Too many side effects

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
For me it's just a matter of which of my chronic pain issues is going to be the worst on any given day. Bad knees. Bad back. Bad shoulder. Chronic headaches. Anal warts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have three lower back disc that are basically gone they look like thin black lines on the MRI, and a pucked up right shoulder . I use a small TENS unit every night specially if I've been working hard or just tweaked it somehow. Small portable TENS unit does wonders for me, long drives put the pads on and cut it very low and drive with no pain for hours. Sometimes going to the movies and will be setting up for an hour and a half can't move much I put the TENS unit on I've worn it at school many days working no issues. I would much rather use the TENS unit then narcotic pain relief. I have prescription anti-inflammatories and sometimes can get away with just ibuprofen but usually just use the TENS unit.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Phoouuuck.

After reading all of these,,,,I feel great!

Seriously, never take a good day for granted.

“Remember thou thy Creator, oh man”

Ecc. Talks about the vissictitudes of aging and what to expect.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
For me it's just a matter of which of my chronic pain issues is going to be the worst on any given day. Bad knees. Bad back. Bad shoulder. Chronic headaches. Anal warts.

Paul,,,,,ya coulda left out the last part.
Grins

Edited to add:
That’s what q u e e r s call “speed bumps “.

Last edited by Old_Toot; 08/05/20.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Grins

I was just checking to see who was reading all the way through...maybe.

L
L

You can get relief. There is a doctor in OKC and he also goes to Weatherford OK that gives a couple of shots called Dexalog 12. I live in Arkansas and heard about it from my son in Kansas. I called a guy that he knew that had had the shot and decided to give it a try. It cost $300, and insurance won't cover it. But they are the best things on earth for pain. He puts one shot in a short IV and pushes it straight into a vein. Then he puts the other in the shoulder. You will be pain free for about 3-6 months, depending. It's different for everyone. You can look them up on dexalog12.com

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Grins

I was just checking to see who was reading all the way through...maybe.

See the edit.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad
[quote=gunner500]All cutting up and being silly aside Slum, nothing, and I mean nothing hurt like that hatchet hitting live living 'green' bone, it felt like god hit me in the side with a bolt of lightning, fear the blade my Friend, anyone shows you a blade in anger, shoot the fu-k out of em! [/quote
I winced reading your first mention of that.

Lots of folks don't realize how soft "green" bone is. Until they break one, or get hit by a hatchet.

I've had the ends of two digits grazed by things taking the end of the digit off, or trying to. Wasn't fun.

Gotta keep moving is right. Drug, no drugs, homeopathic stuff, witch doctors, medicine women, crystals and amulets, Stations of the Cross...............whatever works, just don't give up!

Dang right Geno, that kind of pain can't be explained, hope no one else has to find out, and Yessir, never stop, like those race Hemi's out in the shop, turn em over every now and then, or if not going to race for a season, back the valve springs off, they'll cease just like us from inactivity, do not yield, and don't quit! cool

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Core strength cures a lot. It ain't easy, but anything worth pursuing isn't.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by 270winchester
How do you deal with it, besides meds? This month is 25 years for me, L-4, L-5, S-1. Left foot is numb and hurts 24/7 from nerve damage. Inoperable. Ran out of options years ago. Been in the "Live with it" stage for years. Distractions help, good movie, boobies, etc...What about you?

try eliminating almost all carbs and sugars. Take fish oil, boswelia, hyaluronic acid and alpha lipoic acid, B12 seems to help with nerve pain. Walk a lot and try and keep moving and stretching and stay hydrated. Worth a try

Ribka has about the best idea that has no cost, and will help you loose weight besides. About 1 1/2 yrs ago , I made a thread " sore all over. " Several here said stop the carbs, soda ands bread ETC. My friend who is my age can run 10 miles. He told me to quit that sugar and carbs crap. In a week , I lost 3 lbs and felt a lot better. By end of summer , I was down 12 lbs and felt really good for 55 yrs old . I slowly started with the bread, a burger , a soda, , ice cream a little at a time. Today I decided to go back to the barbless diet cause I am sore all over again. Pain in my joints cause sugar inflames your joints. This might not help the main problem, but it will get rid of other pain if that is part of the problem. In your case , get rid of anything that may cause pain , and it may be several different things.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
All cutting up and being silly aside Slum, nothing, and I mean nothing hurt like that hatchet hitting live living 'green' bone, it felt like god hit me in the side with a bolt of lightning, fear the blade my Friend, anyone shows you a blade in anger, shoot the fu-k out of em!

I can attest to this. When I was 18 or so I cut my index finger on a bandsaw, straight in the end of the finger and about 1/2 to 3/4 inch into the bone. Like you said "Bolt of lightning" hurt like hell mfor the first week and by the end of the second week it only hurt when you bumped it.

BTW, it sure seems like you bump your finger a lot.......I had no idea.

As for 270winchester either he or the Doc waited to long to get something done. when I started to have back problems I did a lot of reasearch on it and found out that you can only ding a nerve so many times and the damage is permanent. it's important to not put things off when it involves nerves.

Don't get sucked into pain management (Unless all other options have failed) and don't get fooled into thinking shots are the way to go either. both of these options only mask the problem neither one fixes it.

Your best option is to do your due diligence and find a good neurosurgeon and just get it fixed. it's a bitch being off work for 5 months and having to be careful with your back for 3 to 4 years afterwards but it's worth it in the long run. it's certainly better than becoming disabled and have chronic pain for the rest of your life.

Surgery is no fun but it's a Godsend when done by a competent doctor.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
YESSIR, steel splitting our bones mucho sucks!

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of pain for some of you fellas.
Sorry to hear this.
Myself: 14 surgeries. All kinds of good things have been done.
Four spinal surgeries, A Fusion in my neck and my lower back is fused L3 to S1
I hurt some days more than others.
What helps: Diet. low carb, very little sugar. When I eat, I tell myself to eat smart.
I walk a lot, do calisthenics. No alcohol.
Three knee surgeries, all on my right knee. They are both wore out.
Not going to give up.
I’ve worked hard all my life. I’m 63 years young, wake everyday thankful.

I guess this is the short story.
Take care

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Dang right Hammerdown, if we quit, we die, your post reminded me I have a compression fracture at C6 vertebrae too. grin

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 1minute, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,189 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,055
Posts18,482,315
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.