Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB4

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
He misspelled subtlety.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I was afraid that video would be weird...

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One could do as convincing an analysis of Grimms' Fairy Tales, which is more believable than the Bible anyway.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
I was afraid that video would be weird...

Hahahaha!

Just a gut feeling?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The Bible is written in symbolic language,also some books have been removed as well which leads to even more unanswered questions.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Since you brought it up, baldhunter...

What began as a mass of ever-embellished verbal stories in Aramaic and other languages is finally collected in about the year 600, with about a third of them being discarded or rejected before being written down in ancient Greek. Later dubiously translated into ancient Latin and even more centuries later into Chaucerian English, early German, and other languages. Then continually revised, re-translated, abridged, and essentially re-written from scratch.

Until today, we are told to accept it word for word. (Coming soon: The Bible in Ebonics!)

But it’s the WORD OF GOD, they say. So is the Quran, the Talmud, as well as the texts of Buddhism, Taoism, and at least a dozen other “isms” of the thousands of other religions practiced in history and around the globe. Is yours the one and only “right” religion? Yes, say the believers of each and every one of them. Is your book the one and only word of god? Yes, say the believers of each and every one of them.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Exactly! Everybody knows stories never change from one person to another.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rocky, that would be laughable if it weren't so ignorant.

Politics is War by Other Means
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
[quote=

What began as a mass of ever-embellished verbal stories in Aramaic and other languages is finally collected in about the year 600, with about a third of them being discarded or rejected before being written down in ancient Greek. Later dubiously translated into ancient Latin and even more centuries later into Chaucerian English, early German, and other languages. Then continually revised, re-translated, abridged, and essentially re-written from scratch.

Until today, we are told to accept it word for word. (Coming soon: The Bible in Ebonics!)

But it’s the WORD OF GOD, they say. So is the Quran, the Talmud, as well as the texts of Buddhism, Taoism, and at least a dozen other “isms” of the thousands of other religions practiced in history and around the globe. Is yours the one and only “right” religion? Yes, say the believers of each and every one of them. Is your book the one and only word of god? Yes, say the believers of each and every one of them. [/quote]

I've always had a problem with that. It is the word of God but it has been perverted, corrupted and defiled, just like every other thing that man has ever touched.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have the Dead Sea Scrolls which are nearly word-for-word compared to most modern translations.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These are Sons of the Devil from a Biblical point of view.

Kim took a basic doctrine and complicated so much that it makes him look like he has some kind of special insight that nobody but a handful of the Churches of Christ denomination hold to.

Satan's seed is clearly defined for us: However, What they need is a clear Gospel presentation.
The end of this movie on Psychopaths explains all of that after the credits.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/06/20.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Another PODS conman trying to invent ;interesting' ways to weasel into everyone's wallet. crazy constant yapping thumpers are "the great dividers!"

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tell me, Tyrone - what part of what I wrote isn't factual? And how do you know?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I guess we’ll all find out sooner or later, and for some......the sooner the better! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 08/06/20.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
So this is what happens to Asians from Mythbusters when they die.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Watch the Miraculous Exodus and The Biblical Exodus on Youtube.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Rocky, that would be laughable if it weren't so ignorant.

yeah he's a few meg short of a full OS

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a bit unfair to Buddhism and Taoism from what I know of them.

Siddhartha Gautama, the Buddha, never really talks about a God, he sort of mentions "the gods" in an offhand manner sometimes. But what stands out is that he said basically "what I'm telling you works for me. Try it yourself, if it doesn't work, then try something else."

Taoism, from the Tao te Ching or Way of Life, also never talks about being a true religion, it doesn't even call itself a religion. The guy who supposedly wrote it just wrote down some things about the way the universe flows, and folks can go with that flow or against it.

Humans later on deified Buddha even though he never claimed to have any supernatural origin, plus they added a whole bunch of technical stuff which AFAIK he never talked about. I don't believe there is any central deified figure in Taoism although again, humans have created a structure of religion around it. Buddhism, Taoism and Hinduism, not having a central god figure, are basically pretty peaceful religions, you won't find much in the way of crusades or mass wars caused by their believers. "It's God's will that we destroy you! (that salves our conscience about the horrible, sadistic brutality we bring upon you and makes it okay)" Absent that whole "god's will" thing folks tend to treat their fellows much better. The Hindus have fought against the Muslims but that's probably as much politically and economically based as the deadly struggles between Protestants and Catholics.

The Christian and Islamic power brokers are the two biggies who will kill you if you disagree, and in Christianity that's the extant remnant of the Roman Empire working symbiotically with secular governments to enlarge and cement their power. I suspect it's the same with Islam except the Islamic clerics want to be the entire government with no competition from secular sources.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Funny, sse. Really.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

702 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 117LBS, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 3,000 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,978
Posts18,480,823
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.