Home
He misspelled subtlety.
I was afraid that video would be weird...
One could do as convincing an analysis of Grimms' Fairy Tales, which is more believable than the Bible anyway.
Originally Posted by deflave
I was afraid that video would be weird...

Hahahaha!

Just a gut feeling?
The Bible is written in symbolic language,also some books have been removed as well which leads to even more unanswered questions.
Since you brought it up, baldhunter...

What began as a mass of ever-embellished verbal stories in Aramaic and other languages is finally collected in about the year 600, with about a third of them being discarded or rejected before being written down in ancient Greek. Later dubiously translated into ancient Latin and even more centuries later into Chaucerian English, early German, and other languages. Then continually revised, re-translated, abridged, and essentially re-written from scratch.

Until today, we are told to accept it word for word. (Coming soon: The Bible in Ebonics!)

But it’s the WORD OF GOD, they say. So is the Quran, the Talmud, as well as the texts of Buddhism, Taoism, and at least a dozen other “isms” of the thousands of other religions practiced in history and around the globe. Is yours the one and only “right” religion? Yes, say the believers of each and every one of them. Is your book the one and only word of god? Yes, say the believers of each and every one of them.
Exactly! Everybody knows stories never change from one person to another.
Rocky, that would be laughable if it weren't so ignorant.
[quote=

What began as a mass of ever-embellished verbal stories in Aramaic and other languages is finally collected in about the year 600, with about a third of them being discarded or rejected before being written down in ancient Greek. Later dubiously translated into ancient Latin and even more centuries later into Chaucerian English, early German, and other languages. Then continually revised, re-translated, abridged, and essentially re-written from scratch.

Until today, we are told to accept it word for word. (Coming soon: The Bible in Ebonics!)

But it’s the WORD OF GOD, they say. So is the Quran, the Talmud, as well as the texts of Buddhism, Taoism, and at least a dozen other “isms” of the thousands of other religions practiced in history and around the globe. Is yours the one and only “right” religion? Yes, say the believers of each and every one of them. Is your book the one and only word of god? Yes, say the believers of each and every one of them. [/quote]

I've always had a problem with that. It is the word of God but it has been perverted, corrupted and defiled, just like every other thing that man has ever touched.
We have the Dead Sea Scrolls which are nearly word-for-word compared to most modern translations.
These are Sons of the Devil from a Biblical point of view.

Kim took a basic doctrine and complicated so much that it makes him look like he has some kind of special insight that nobody but a handful of the Churches of Christ denomination hold to.

Satan's seed is clearly defined for us: However, What they need is a clear Gospel presentation.
The end of this movie on Psychopaths explains all of that after the credits.
Another PODS conman trying to invent ;interesting' ways to weasel into everyone's wallet. crazy constant yapping thumpers are "the great dividers!"
Tell me, Tyrone - what part of what I wrote isn't factual? And how do you know?
I guess we’ll all find out sooner or later, and for some......the sooner the better! memtb
So this is what happens to Asians from Mythbusters when they die.
Watch the Miraculous Exodus and The Biblical Exodus on Youtube.
Originally Posted by Tyrone

yeah he's a few meg short of a full OS
That's a bit unfair to Buddhism and Taoism from what I know of them.

Siddhartha Gautama, the Buddha, never really talks about a God, he sort of mentions "the gods" in an offhand manner sometimes. But what stands out is that he said basically "what I'm telling you works for me. Try it yourself, if it doesn't work, then try something else."

Taoism, from the Tao te Ching or Way of Life, also never talks about being a true religion, it doesn't even call itself a religion. The guy who supposedly wrote it just wrote down some things about the way the universe flows, and folks can go with that flow or against it.

Humans later on deified Buddha even though he never claimed to have any supernatural origin, plus they added a whole bunch of technical stuff which AFAIK he never talked about. I don't believe there is any central deified figure in Taoism although again, humans have created a structure of religion around it. Buddhism, Taoism and Hinduism, not having a central god figure, are basically pretty peaceful religions, you won't find much in the way of crusades or mass wars caused by their believers. "It's God's will that we destroy you! (that salves our conscience about the horrible, sadistic brutality we bring upon you and makes it okay)" Absent that whole "god's will" thing folks tend to treat their fellows much better. The Hindus have fought against the Muslims but that's probably as much politically and economically based as the deadly struggles between Protestants and Catholics.

The Christian and Islamic power brokers are the two biggies who will kill you if you disagree, and in Christianity that's the extant remnant of the Roman Empire working symbiotically with secular governments to enlarge and cement their power. I suspect it's the same with Islam except the Islamic clerics want to be the entire government with no competition from secular sources.
Funny, sse. Really.
That is precisely my point, Jim: Humans deify EVERYTHING. Gods and religion are simply madeup superstition from the time when Og couldn't understand why his children died or even why it rained. There had to be something invisible that controlled it all. Hence, gods.

Then some clever villager realized that if he declared himself the only emissary that could talk to those gods, he could be as powerful as the village chief. And presto there were priests and their contrived version of reality/religion.
We have the Dead Sea Scrolls which are nearly word-for-word compared to most modern translations.

Were they written as the story unfolded, by Adam (Not Eve, wimmins didn't get skooled back then), Moses, Abraham, Isaiah, Enoch, David, Solomon, et al?

Or were they compiled long after the stories were said to have occurred?

Asking for a friend.
Originally Posted by Remsen

Holy scheidt,

the Son of Adirondacks Comedians arrives!
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Funny, sse. Really.

Floppy disk this morning?

We shall now read from the books of Matthew John Luke and Duck!
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Holy scheidt,

I didn't get it.

I feel shame.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Holy scheidt,

I didn't get it.

I feel shame.

Oh well, there will be more we don't understand on the first go round grasshopper.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
That's a bit unfair to Buddhism and Taoism from what I know of them.

Siddhartha Gautama, the Buddha, never really talks about a God, he sort of mentions "the gods" in an offhand manner sometimes. But what stands out is that he said basically "what I'm telling you works for me. Try it yourself, if it doesn't work, then try something else."

Taoism, from the Tao te Ching or Way of Life, also never talks about being a true religion, it doesn't even call itself a religion. The guy who supposedly wrote it just wrote down some things about the way the universe flows, and folks can go with that flow or against it.

Humans later on deified Buddha even though he never claimed to have any supernatural origin, plus they added a whole bunch of technical stuff which AFAIK he never talked about. I don't believe there is any central deified figure in Taoism although again, humans have created a structure of religion around it. Buddhism, Taoism and Hinduism, not having a central god figure, are basically pretty peaceful religions, you won't find much in the way of crusades or mass wars caused by their believers. "It's God's will that we destroy you! (that salves our conscience about the horrible, sadistic brutality we bring upon you and makes it okay)" Absent that whole "god's will" thing folks tend to treat their fellows much better. The Hindus have fought against the Muslims but that's probably as much politically and economically based as the deadly struggles between Protestants and Catholics.

The Christian and Islamic power brokers are the two biggies who will kill you if you disagree, and in Christianity that's the extant remnant of the Roman Empire working symbiotically with secular governments to enlarge and cement their power. I suspect it's the same with Islam except the Islamic clerics want to be the entire government with no competition from secular sources.

Tell it to JESUS.
At 73, every morning is a floppy disk and no RAM, Jim. LOL!

We could read from the First Book of Ezra - except that it was one that the Synod of Hippo "voted out" of the Bible.
Rocky,

do you know if there is a translation into SoCal Dude language.

Something along the lines of:

Dude, like way way back in the olden days, you know like when they had the cool old woody station wagons and surfed on like ten foot long boards, there was like this babealicious babe named Eve, lived in like this garden like, with this dude named Adam. Everything there was like free, and it must have been like down by Tahiti or some place, because like they didn't even need to wear no clothes like. Anyway, there was like this snaky dude there, reminds me of like that creepy guy that hangs out down by the lifeguard tower, and like ogles all the chickies, so like, he like comes on to the Eve babe, and gets her to eat the forbidden fruit, which I think was like a avocado or some other rad tasting goodie like, then the Adam dude and Eve get kicked out by the old man who owned the garden for eating his avocados, and they ended up somewhere cold like and had to wear clothes and there was like no more free schidt like, and then there were kids and likeo one of them killed the other, then wars like with the neighbors, and a giant flood, but they like had a cool boat, and folks lived like a million years like. There's more, but I gotta like toke up another doob.
If you are going to take some book and assign some grand significance to it and then analyze it to death, adding sub-plots and deciding some parts are real and others are metaphor, pick a more recent book, or one that hasn't been dicked with by so many different people and groups over several centuries.

There's a reason why the Bible was the first book printed with the newly invented printing press, and remains the most widely printed book in history. And that reason has nothing to do with "word of God", or "truth".
EBE1 said in the future there is no need for God. I say lying aliens even if we are their ancestors.
They missed that one so far, Valsdad. Just like they somehow skipped over Esperanto.

Jag, you probably believe in Jesus because your elders taught you he's real. Just like they did with the tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny, and Santa.

Santa, BTW, is just "Jesus Lite." We created him the same way. He's immortal, can't be seen, knows if you're good or bad, and performs miracles, after which he flies home to his mythical heaven. He even has a group of "apostle elves" to do his bidding. Instead of bread and wine we make it kid-level with a milk and cookies offering.
I've found the first four books of the New Testament to be a very valuable guide to approaching life no matter who wrote them, as good as anything else ever written, and following the advice therein is a definite path to happiness or contentment or whatever one's soul is searching for. The Old Testament has some gems scattered throughout but you gotta get through the slaughtering, adultery and all the good soap opera stuff to find it.

But - and not saying this just to debate or piss off anybody - one can also find equally good advice in the Dharma of Buddha and Taoist works as well, plus works of the stoic philosophers Marcus Aurelius and Epictetus. Heck, a fellow could do a lot worse than just reading Tolstoy's short stories. There are lots of others but these examples are among the ones I'm most familiar with.
Its amazing how the smartest people know what to repudiate without even having watched the program.
It reminds one of the lieberals in college showing up to prevent Laura Ingraham from speaking and to contradict her before even hearing her.

Many follow the script written for them ages ago. Strange that so many claim their GOD given rights.

Knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.”

“‘Look, you scoffers, be astounded and perish; for I am doing a work in your days, a work that you will not believe, even if one tells it to you.’”

But it’s the WORD OF GOD, they say. So is the Quran, the Talmud, as well as the texts of Buddhism, Taoism, and at least a dozen other “isms” of the thousands of other religions practiced in history and around the globe. Is yours the one and only “right” religion? Yes, say the believers of each and every one of them. Is your book the one and only word of god? Yes, say the believers of each and every one of them.

Uh oh. Now you've done it.
Jag, I went through 16 years of Catholic education. Trust me, I have seen "the program." There's no wizard behind that curtain, either.
So Eve prances around the forest, tatas (small, so there is rhat) akimbo and Bush pilot worthy snatch out there for Adam to see (and probably smell as this was before the days of Femenique). Eve gets pissed at Adam ignoring her so the Devil turns himself into a John Holmes look alike snake, bribes Eve with an apple (yeah, right), knocks the bottom out of her, so god gets pissed, throws them out of "Paradise" (no air conditioning, color TV, fast cars OR nice guns), makes them wear clothes and the rest is history? So where did the coloreds and the zips come from? riiight...Good post, Rock...
That is precisely my point, Jim: Humans deify EVERYTHING. Gods and religion are simply madeup superstition from the time when Og couldn't understand why his children died or even why it rained. There had to be something invisible that controlled it all. Hence, gods.

Then some clever villager realized that if he declared himself the only emissary that could talk to those gods, he could be as powerful as the village chief. And presto there were priests and their contrived version of reality/religion.

I'm a Christian, but the reason I know for a fact that what you say is not true is:
1) paganism in a variety of forms is exploding in the educated west. I'm not talking about stupid people. I'm talking about very, very educated people who are going all in. It is not some fashion fade. It's exploding.
2) the supernatural is very real. just because you have not seen it does not mean others have not.
It's what you believe, Old hat, but you cannot in any way KNOW what I said isn't true. Besides, what you say proves mine: people invent gods.

You are perfectly free to believe anything you like. I won't call you names because of it. It is in fact one of our inalienable rights. Not God-given, I would argue, but inalienable nonetheless. Whether you choose to worship Jesus or Yahway or Allah or Bahl or Osiris is none of my business - unless and until you start telling me I have to as well. With a gun to my head. Then things get hairy.

I cannot believe in a loving God who blesses us with (for example) a child and then kills that child with some agonizing cancer. Or inflicts more plague than harvest upon us. I can't believe in a God who does those things. Because if a God doesn't control everything, then he isn't an all-powerful god. And if he does control everything, then he's a vicious, capricious, vengeful, and cruel thing.

Does that mean the Bible is a “greatest hits” or reader’s digest abridged version?
grin

Uh, no.

Which isn't to say "Faith" is necessarily a bad thing. If it makes you feel better, live better, treat others better, with no harm, it is a good thing.

Faith is believing something without logic or proof, but it may not be a bad thing, as above. It depends on how it is practiced.

Have at it.
Well, I'm going to throw my .02 worth in this discussion.....

Rocky, you asked Tyrone to prove his statements.... you prove yours! Both of you are just repeating what you've read or been told. Both of you, as I understand it, have valid points and some of what both of you stated is probably right. Me, I don't have the answers and as far as being a Christian is concerned, it doesn't matter. Either you believe or you don't.... simple as that.

And, while we're on the subject, this statement is a fact.... 'Religions are man made'. Christian religions came from people reading the same Bible and interpreting what they read differently. And there was enough difference in the interpretations that they formed different religions.

What a lot of people do not realize is that the Bible tells us 'not to judge'. That's God's job. My job is to 'witness and bear fruit', and I have my hands full, just doing that.

Another thing, lots of people think to 'witness and bear fruit', you have to go around banging on doors, or telling people how good you are and how bad they are, or telling people what they should do, and that is wrong. Witnessing can be just living a good life, setting good examples for younger people, and helping others when they are in need. You'd be surprised how impressionable young people are and how much they see and learn from grownups. I didn't say support the lazy, like our government does, there is a big difference.

I could say more, but then I'd be preaching and that is not my intent.

Again, just my .02.
IF there is a god, IMHO, he just doesn't GAF. We are on our own, make or break, and chit happens.

On the other hand, there are dogs, so maybe HE does.
Oldman, I'm not intending to prove or disprove anything. I'm merely pointing out that what a huge chunk of humanity has created to explain natural events is purest hokum and superstition. Just because things "are" does not imply, much less prove, that they had to have been created by some eternal and all-powerful being. Nor (and how this started) does any book of tales become the dictated message of that being just because somebody's great ancestor starting saying it was.

Hell, I wrote two books. How much of either of them came from God? You tell me. But if you say none of it, how the hell can you say every word of the other one did? Books is books, brother. They all contain morality messages.

Religions, I claim, were invented to give some people power over others. From the times of "Give up your goat as sacrifice - and now that it is holy, only I the High Priest may eat it" to "Tithe us this portion of your income so we can build a new marble and gold temple for the use of us High Priests." It has not changed. Nor has the inevitable result of "My Yahway or the highway and this way to the beheading block."

Morality programs like Buddhism and Taoism are well and good. There's a best way for humans to interact, and laying that way out is beneficial. If we could just somehow avoid what seems to be the hard-wired instinct to create gods in our own image, we'd be a lot better off.
Originally Posted by las
IF there is a god, IMHO, he just doesn't GAF. We are on our own, make or break, and chit happens.

excellent point...but he takes them back too soon! frown
It's what you believe, Old hat, but you cannot in any way KNOW what I said isn't true. Besides, what you say proves mine: people invent gods.

I know it because I provided a counter example. If religion were simply a way of filling knowledge gaps then modern highly educated people would not believe deeply in it. Your claim that religion is the result of ignorance is hackneyed atheist propaganda.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
So Eve prances around the forest, tatas (small, so there is rhat) akimbo and Bush pilot worthy snatch out there for Adam to see (and probably smell as this was before the days of Femenique). Eve gets pissed at Adam ignoring her so the Devil turns himself into a John Holmes look alike snake, bribes Eve with an apple (yeah, right), knocks the bottom out of her, so god gets pissed, throws them out of "Paradise" (no air conditioning, color TV, fast cars OR nice guns), makes them wear clothes and the rest is history? So where did the coloreds and the zips come from? riiight...Good post, Rock...

jorge, that was FABULOUS. Especially the John Holmes snake.

Holy scheidt,

I wish! Unless the Adirondacks had an outpost in Czechoslovakia, I am a mere impostor.

Holy scheidt,

I wish! Unless the Adirondacks had an outpost in Czechoslovakia, I am a mere impostor.

OK, Son of Carpathian Comedians arrives???
OldHat, my postulated Og didn't know a whole lot about orographic uplift, so he credited the appearance of clouds and rain to...well, something invisible up there. Which quickly morphed into somebody invisible up there. Somebody just like himself, but clearly all-powerful and all-knowing. In short, a god in his own image.

That's a scenario a whale of a lot more probable than any construct and web of highly improbable contradictions we made up to support the first manufactured one.
A&E were not the first humanoids.
They were just the first to have souls.

I thought Mohammed was supposed to be the third and most recent prophet.
Who both Christians and Jews don't hold much stock in.
And of course the Jews don't hold much stock in the second prophet either.

But perhaps a God is like a parent telling the kids whatever gets the kids to do what they want. And so different groups of kids get different stories.

And then who owns the "house of God" comes into question by the different groups and things get ugly...
Were they written as the story unfolded, by Adam (Not Eve, wimmins didn't get skooled back then), Moses, Abraham, Isaiah, Enoch, David, Solomon, et al?
Or were they compiled long after the stories were said to have occurred?
How much of all of ancient history ‘was’ written as the story unfolded...? How much of what we know of all of ancient history ‘was’ compiled long after the stories were said to have occurred...?
Ahh yes, "souls." Great example of one of the web of improbable constructs we invented to support the earlier invented improbabilities.

"When we die we meet God in heaven." "Uh, we don't seem to go anywhere except to worm food." "Well...um...there's an invisible thing that goes to heaven. It's the 'real' us. it's called our...um...soul. Yeah, that's it. And we're the only animals to have one. Ain't we special?"
Tell me, Tyrone - what part of what I wrote isn't factual? And how do you know?

And, the New American Standard Bible is as much a word-for-word translation as is possible given the limits of ancient vocabulary and is based off of some of the oldest copies of Biblical books such as the Dead Sea Scrolls. The actual canon was decided at the Council of Rome in 382AD.
If you want more detail on this huge subject, it's going to take a book. I suggest "Where We Got the Bible" by Graham https://www.amazon.com/Where-Bible-...mp;qid=1596735129&s=books&sr=1-2 or, for more modern language, "The Bible is a Catholic Book" by Akin https://www.amazon.com/Bible-Catholic-Book-Jimmy-Akin/dp/168357141X

Sorry, but it's a big subject and there's no way I can do it justice in one post. I find it's better to learn about a subject rather than be like a Democrat and just have a childish, ignorant view.
Ahh yes, "souls." Great example of one of the web of improbable constructs we invented to support the earlier invented improbabilities.

"When we die we meet God in heaven." "Uh, we don't seem to go anywhere except to worm food." "Well...um...there's an invisible thing that goes to heaven. It's the 'real' us. it's called our...um...soul. Yeah, that's it. And we're the only animals to have one. Ain't we special?"
When you find a rabbit that's changed the course of the World through the force of their character, you let us know.
God,is there one or not?If there really is a God why is their disease,famine,wars?Because God gave us a free will and a soul .Our body is just a vessel that contains our soul during human life.We can think,write ,imagine and have the choice of doing right or wrong.God does not interfere.Hell and heaven.Neither are actually places.If you believe in God you have eternal life as a spirit or part of the eternal awareness.Hell is nothingness.You die ,you are done.Religions are mostly man made to make people conform to who ever is in power.They are bought and sold like whores in a cathouse.If we have a soul(and I don`t think everyone does)you know right from wrong and do not need someone to tell you.Souless people are ones like Hitler,Obama and just about any dimocrat.Plenty of Republicans also.How do I know there is a God?There for sure is Evil on this Planet.If there is evil their must be Good.If not this planet would be a raging clusterfugg.Yeah ,I know it is headed that way now.The Devil likes to tempt us.Free health insurance,free baby killing and anything that is good and righteous is bad.I believe we are here for a reason and we can accept it or deny it and determine our own fate.Of course denying it is the easy way.JMHO Huntz
I'll take that as an insult, Tyrone. No problem.

I didn't make this stuff up; all you believers did. It's up to you to defend it. I just get to point out the absurdities and sit back to watch the fun.

Just one to start: if the "every word is literal fact" in the Bible, and Jesus was God the Father's "only begotten son" then who was the Mrs God to help with that begetting?
I cannot believe in a loving God who blesses us with (for example) a child and then kills that child with some agonizing cancer. Or inflicts more plague than harvest upon us. I can't believe in a God who does those things. Because if a God doesn't control everything, then he isn't an all-powerful god. And if he does control everything, then he's a vicious, capricious, vengeful, and cruel thing.

It's how ingrates get weeded out.

ETA: I know that pisses you off, but it's true. what else is true is that God gave you the free will to choose whether or not to bomb babies. We all are accountable for our decisions and we all end up having to do one of two things - be sorry for the wrongs we committed or scream and pout and say that it can't be true that we are responsible.
Yes, we are sorted by not only what we do, but our response to it.

Why would God bring someone into Heaven who doesn't want to spend an eternity worshiping Him?
Interesting
OldHat, my postulated Og didn't know a whole lot about orographic uplift, so he credited the appearance of clouds and rain to...well, something invisible up there. Which quickly morphed into somebody invisible up there. Somebody just like himself, but clearly all-powerful and all-knowing. In short, a god in his own image.
And that's wrong how? Can you create laws of physics?
BTW, GOD spoke spiritually and literally.

Example. HE told us if we, as a nation, turned away from HIM, we would be cursed (figuratively go to hell in a handbasket).

Looks to me like HE wasnt lying.
All these discussions always come down to a couple points- religion is man made- which is debatable but probably as true a statement as we can understand- and second, there is no God...

I'm unwilling and unable to concede that there is no God for many reasons. The fact we have an imperfect understanding and faith in and of God doesn't mean he doesn't exist... quite the contrary. The fact that most religions have their own God figure can mean many things, but I prefer to think they are all referring to the same God but from their own points of religious views....

I have talked to many engineers, mathematicians, and scientists along my way and many of them concede that when you do the math of the universe and how things work in this ethosphere we reside in, the math is just simply too perfect to be random in any way. It had to be planned by an intelligent being with a plan of some sort...

And the one thing that I stubbornly hang on to when I have this discussion with my scientist Son in law and his wife, my daughter, is this- every one goes back to the "big bang" to describe the beginning of all things, the universe, the reason for life, etc.... but no matter what, before the big bang could happen there had to be some sort of matter for it to happen, regardless of the quantum science behind it... so, where did all that matter that now surrounds us, come from? If that was the beginning, where did everything we rely on for life, structure, etc... come from before that "beginning"?

I believe there are things we may never understand, but we continue to argue about them anyway- it's just our way as humans. Which is interesting since in most Christian texts it is implied that God gave us choice. How we use that choice is up to us, but it determines how we live our lives and treat others, how well our species survives, and how evil is practiced and described.... I once heard a Cardinal in a large area say- " there really is no heaven or hell as you have been taught that you go to after your death. You make your own heaven or hell on this earth while you are alive and live in them every day by your actions and your faith".... seems as good a description as any...

Bob
Actually, there was no need for any discussion by the atheists. There was an enlightening litany of connected Bible verses and the interpretaion of words.

The athiests, like a dog attacking what it fears, are made very uncomfortable buy being reminded of GODS words and attack to try to drive those words away, just as lieberals and dimocommies and socialists do when faced with truth.
Oldman, I'm not intending to prove or disprove anything. I'm merely pointing out that what a huge chunk of humanity has created to explain natural events is purest hokum and superstition. Just because things "are" does not imply, much less prove, that they had to have been created by some eternal and all-powerful being. Nor (and how this started) does any book of tales become the dictated message of that being just because somebody's great ancestor starting saying it was.

Hell, I wrote two books. How much of either of them came from God? You tell me. But if you say none of it, how the hell can you say every word of the other one did? Books is books, brother. They all contain morality messages.

Religions, I claim, were invented to give some people power over others. From the times of "Give up your goat as sacrifice - and now that it is holy, only I the High Priest may eat it" to "Tithe us this portion of your income so we can build a new marble and gold temple for the use of us High Priests." It has not changed. Nor has the inevitable result of "My Yahway or the highway and this way to the beheading block."

Morality programs like Buddhism and Taoism are well and good. There's a best way for humans to interact, and laying that way out is beneficial. If we could just somehow avoid what seems to be the hard-wired instinct to create gods in our own image, we'd be a lot better off.

That's a scenario a whale of a lot more probable than any construct and web of highly improbable contradictions we made up to support the first manufactured one.

I don't care. My point was that you were wrong about your claim as to the origin of religion.
Originally Posted by hookeye
A&E were not the first humanoids.
They were just the first to have souls.

That is my belief as well.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Does that mean the Bible is a “greatest hits” or reader’s digest abridged version?
grin

IMO, the bible was, and in it's many variations, is a political document meant to settle all the Christian tribes' differences at the time it was written and create a stronger, more coherent church. Remember at that time that Christianity was so strongly committed by the various branches of the religion that they were willing to go to war to defend their version of "christianity"... As luck would have it, at that particular time there were leaders wise enough to see the timing was right to assemble the various teachings of Jesus Christ before they were totally lost... the politics came in when they had to compromise with all the different religious sects' leaders who believed strongly that their "version" of the facts that had been passed down through tradition and retelling of the tales was the accurate one... the compromise was difficult and took quite some time before the politics of the writing was settled. Considering the battles that were waged during the meetings to discuss this world altering mission to get this book written, it is a miracle it was ever written at all...
Jag and others. It is not the unbelievers who are afraid. Religion is there with all its promised comforts of the hereafter precisely because we as humans are afraid of death. So we try to soften it by making up stories of how wonderful it will all be after we die.

In actuality, it ought to be just the opposite. The reality is that when we die, we absolutely cease to exist. ALL the evidence says that we simply...stop. The good news is that we will never know we are dead. It would be impossible to be aware of anything, including that we are unaware. It is in fact exactly like falling asleep: we do not notice the moment when we stop being conscious precisely because we are unconscious.

That should be a comfort. It is a comfort to me. I think that if I were in fact able to "look back down upon myself" from soul height and realize that I was dead, it would be a horrific trauma. I'm confident that won't be the case, for which I am deeply grateful. The sad thing is that all you believers won't know you were wrong and none of those promises will happen. I won't know I'm right and you won't know you're wrong.

Lastly (and maybe I'll give this an everlasting rest, ha!) I will say that I am not an atheist. An atheist is an anti-religion zealot, just as eager to convert as the most fervent missionary. I am not that. I am simply a non-believer who was raised in the most rigorous Catholic way - until I started asking what seemed to be rational questions. And got what were patently absurd answers, one whopper after another to "explain away" every earlier whopper. And it all unraveled. I'm still pointing out the absurdities. And slyly smiling.

In actuality, it ought to be just the opposite. The reality is that when we die, we absolutely cease to exist. ALL the evidence says that we simply...stop. The good news is that we will never know we are dead. It would be impossible to be aware of anything, including that we are unaware. It is in fact exactly like falling asleep: we do not notice the moment when we stop being conscious precisely because we are unconscious.

That should be a comfort. It is a comfort to me. I think that if I were in fact able to "look back down upon myself" from soul height and realize that I was dead, it would be a horrific trauma. I'm confident that won't be the case, for which I am deeply grateful. The sad thing is that all you believers won't know you were wrong and none of those promises will happen. I won't know I'm right and you won't know you're wrong.

We will all have the chance to test your hypothesis. If you are correct none of us will "know" or "care". If Christians are correct we will all know and care very, very much.

'And Agrippa said to Paul, "In a short time would you persuade me to be a Christian?" And Paul said, "Whether short or long, I would to God that not only you but also all who hear me this day might become such as I am—except for these chains." '
(Act 26:28-29 )
Jag and others. It is not the unbelievers who are afraid. Religion is there with all its promised comforts of the hereafter precisely because we as humans are afraid of death. So we try to soften it by making up stories of how wonderful it will all be after we die.

Lastly (and maybe I'll give this an everlasting rest, ha!) I will say that I am not an atheist. An atheist is an anti-religion zealot, just as eager to convert as the most fervent missionary. I am not that. I am simply a non-believer who was raised in the most rigorous Catholic way - until I started asking what seemed to be rational questions. And got what were patently absurd answers, one whopper after another to "explain away" every earlier whopper. And it all unraveled. I'm still pointing out the absurdities. And slyly smiling.

I'm in much the same boat as you, but I chose to go back to church a few years ago for one reason- my contract is with God, not the people who run his church and the men and women who have done so much damage to his church and damaged his teachings in the process...

I was having a discussion with a woman I met at some gathering- can't recall what is was for- and the subject of religion came up. She described herself as a "recovering Catholic" , which I thought was entirely appropriate given the church's history and failures to follow their own doctrine in their methods and practices...

Bob
We could read from the First Book of Ezra - except that it was one that the Synod of Hippo "voted out" of the Bible.
If the Bible is inspired by God, and one of its books got “voted out” by man, does that negate the rest of it...? If the Bible is inspired by God, and one of its books got ”voted out” by man, does that mean that all of the rest of it is no longer inspired by God...?
Originally Posted by antlers
If the Bible is inspired by God, and one of its books got “voted out” by man, does that negate the rest of it...? If the Bible is inspired by God, and one of its books got ”voted out” by man, does that mean that all of the rest of it is no longer inspired by God...?

So, is it "inspired by God" or the literal Word of God?

Could be an important point in all of this.
Can't help myself...

If they wrongly left out one that was inspired, maybe some that they wrongly left in aren't.

I really will stop now. The whole thing is like trying to change the mind of anti-gunners with facts. They don't care about logic and fact, they base everything on wishful thinking and emotion. So do believers.
What does Q say about the Bible?
You don’t believe...? OK, cool. But claiming that your position is based on logic and facts is erroneous. You’ve simply stated your thoughts, your emotions, and your opinions on the matter. As have the rest of us.
You don’t believe...? OK, cool. But claiming that your position is based on logic and facts is erroneous. You’ve simply stated your thoughts, your emotions, and your opinions on the matter. As have the rest of us.

But he was inspired, and apparently that's the litmus test, no?

I really will stop now. The whole thing is like trying to change the mind of anti-gunners with facts. They don't care about logic and fact, they base everything on wishful thinking and emotion. So do believers.

That is very far from the truth. I do agree that ultimately Christianity is based on faith, but it is naive to believe the facts are against Christianity.

A very good book on the logical and scientific support for the concept of God.
https://www.amazon.com/Blackwell-Companion-Natural-Theology/dp/1444350854

You are assuming the supernatural does not exist. if the Bible is inspired then God would supernaturally protect it's integrity.
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Sorry RemMod8, but I’m not followin’ ya’. Could you rephrase the question...?
Q will certainly tell you that plenty in power on this planet worship Satan and are busy doing his bidding. Christian or not I think we would all like to see and end to that.

You mention inspired a few posts back. Is one's inspiration less than another persons?
Originally Posted by OldHat

You are assuming the supernatural does not exist. if the Bible is inspired then God would supernaturally protect it's integrity.

antlers, I see what you are saying. I actually believe the voted out books is God cleaning up His inspired word.
.. if the Bible is inspired then God would supernaturally protect it's integrity.

Your god may have allowed Bible to be corrupted
like he did Adam & Eve and the church.

Btw; Had a Creator not hated gardening there
would have been no need for an Adam to tend it.

If they wrongly left out one that was inspired, maybe some that they wrongly left in aren't. .

Such Logic and reason has no place
in christian faith.

When something is totally devoid of all logic,
reason, evidence and witness, you have faith,
but ~stupidity~ shares the same definition.

BELIEF is a construct of the mortal fallible mind.
yet countless Christians form another wacky belief
that their beliefs are infallible / beyond question.

As if more absurdity and delusion gives credit
to their other feeble mind factory junk.
You are assuming the supernatural does not exist.
No, I’m not. I’m pointing out that if man “voted out” a book that was inspired by God, that doesn’t negate the legitimacy of what we ‘do’ have in the Bible today. If man “voted out” a book that was inspired by God, that doesn’t mean that what we ‘do’ have in the Bible today isn’t equally inspired by God.
If the Bible is inspired then God would supernaturally protect it's integrity.
I don’t know that. And you don’t know that. Although you can have your opinion on the matter.
You mention inspired a few posts back. Is one's inspiration less than another persons?
I was referring to the books themselves as being ‘inspired’ by God. But, I ‘do’ think that your opinions or inspirations on these matters are just as valid as anyone else’s are.
No, I’m not. I’m pointing out that if man “voted out” a book that was inspired by God, that doesn’t negate the legitimacy of what we ‘do’ have in the Bible today. If man “voted out” a book that was inspired by God, that doesn’t mean that what we ‘do’ have in the Bible today isn’t equally inspired by God.

I agree.

I don’t know that. And you don’t know that. Although you can have your opinion on the matter.

God said he would protect His word. For me that is knowing. It's knowing because I act on that belief as if it were absolute truth. My job is not to make you believe anything.
Originally Posted by Starman
.. if the Bible is inspired then God would supernaturally protect it's integrity.

Your god may have allowed Bible to be corrupted

What has your god allowed?
All you know is a book penned by man
and of dubious credibility.

Is there any christIan here that can prove
All other Gods are false.?

Why are your mental fabrications of a God
any more credible than anyone else's..?

Foolish, quite foolish.
God said he would protect His word. For me that is knowing. It's knowing because I act on that belief as if it were absolute truth.
Did God say that...? Or did the psalmist say that when he was praising God...? Your opinion, and what you choose to believe, factors in as well.
My job is not to make you believe anything.
Don’t know where that even came from. Regardless, what we have now was put together by a bunch of 4th century guys who were trying to cobble together something that would suit an Emperor who was establishing a State Religion. Did God watch over that and make sure that we have what He wanted us to have...?
I was referring to the books themselves as being ‘inspired’ by God. But, I ‘do’ think that your opinions or inspirations on these matters are just as valid as anyone else’s are.

I hear you, but a man's work, inspired by God, is still man's work. How does one know that Paul wasn't crazier than 3 sheithouse rats? Paul could have been an earlier version of Charley Manson. I'm assuming they were less tethered in the day? Perhaps the inspiration came from Satan? How do you you, I or anyone know? Does God show the one inspired a photo ID?

I don't know, no one knows, so any possibility is as likely or unlikely as any other one.
It was decided by people who had the authority to judge and were deemed worthy of having that authority passed on to them through apostolic succession.
The actual inclusion was based on 4 criteria:
Apostolic Origin - attributed to and/or based on the preaching/teaching of the first-generation apostles (or their closest companions).
Universal Acceptance - acknowledged by all major Christian communities in the Mediterranean world (by the end of the fourth century).
Liturgical Use - read publicly along with the OT when early Christians gathered for the Lord’s Supper (their weekly worship services).
Consistent Message - containing theological ideas compatible with other accepted Christian writings (incl. the divinity and humanity Jesus).
Two other criteria that make themselves apparent by the selections were that the book be universally applicable and also that it make a unique contribution. For example, The Shepherd of Hermas was a candidate for inclusion, but was decided that it was private revelation and not universally applicable plus it didn't contain anything that wasn't found elsewhere. This doesn't mean that the Shepherd of Hermas is a bad book to read, but it's unnecessary. You could put the great Didache in the same group. Although it was universal in application, it didn't fit the uniqueness along with not being used in liturgy.

You could get good answers to these questions by reading one or both books I referenced.
I hear you, but a man's work, inspired by God, is still man's work.
I don’t disagree with that.
I don't know, no one knows, so any possibility is as likely or unlikely as any other one.
We’re men. We choose what we think is right, and move forward with it. To me, whether one believes that Jesus was the Son of God or not, following His teachings will make one’s life better....and it will make one better at life.
RR - although I may not agree that humans deify EVERYTHING, I do understand your point here and also understand that which you posted earlier about the "development" (quotes mine) of the Scriptures. I don't intend to argue any of the broad or finer points in this thread,

I do appreciate what you have posted because it seems to call attention to the major concept and factor alive in many who would take a position opposite to some of yours. Faith is not quantifiable in any sense, and it is mysterious to many. In the case of those for whom it is not the key driver in such beliefs, it may even be unfathomable. If you have it, use it. If you don't, use something else.
It was decided by people who had the authority to judge and were deemed worthy of having that authority passed on to them through apostolic succession.
Then they took that Bible out of the hands of the common man and chained it to the alter, and forbid any common man from having a Bible, or even reading a Bible for himself.
All you know is a book penned by man
and of dubious credibility. Not all that I know.

Is there any christIan here that can prove
All other Gods are false.? I think not.

Why are your mental fabrications of a God
any more credible than anyone else's..? My belief in God is not more credible in the eyes and minds of many humans.

Then they took that Bible out of the hands of the common man and chained it to the alter, and forbid any common man from having a Bible, or even reading a Bible for himself.
Again, you should read one of those books so you can avoid embarrassing yourself in the future.
Again, you should read one of those books so you can avoid embarrassing yourself in the future.
laffin’
Inspired by God is a claim made by man.
laffin’
Seriously, it's obvious that you've never examined those beliefs. It's like you still believe in Peak Oil.
Consistent Message - containing theological ideas compatible with other accepted Christian writings (incl. the divinity and humanity Jesus).

The matter of the divinity and humanity of
Jesus was decided in 325 by a very close ballot,
which involved vote stacking, bribery, threats and
and intimidation.

Who in their right mind would consider the
result credible?

.. Regardless, what we have now was put
together by a bunch of 4th century guys who were
trying to cobble together something that would suit an
Emperor who was establishing a State Religion. Did
God watch over that and make sure that we have what
He wanted us to have...?

Council of Rome 382 had about as much integrity
in the process as that dogs breakfast at Nicaea 325.

Originally Posted by las

So, HE should control us as one would a retriever, rather than giving us instruction and free will to choose. Dogs cant choose, they do as their senses or desires dictate. They can not sin, but then, they cant choose the Good News, either.

Amazing that as this nation rejects HIM, we become more and more like China or other godless places.
I actually believe the voted out books is God cleaning up His inspired word.
That’s very possible. Maybe He did as you say. If the entire Bible (Old and New Testament’s) are equally inspired by God, are they equally applicable...? Is believing in the literal interpretation of the Genesis account of creation as important as believing in Jesus’ New Covenant...?
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

I thought Mohammed was supposed to be the third and most recent prophet.
Who both Christians and Jews don't hold much stock in.
And of course the Jews don't hold much stock in the second prophet either.

But perhaps a God is like a parent telling the kids whatever gets the kids to do what they want. And so different groups of kids get different stories.

And then who owns the "house of God" comes into question by the different groups and things get ugly...

We do know where the moslem prophet is buried, iirc.
laffin’
Seriously, it's obvious that you've never examined those beliefs. It's like you still believe in Peak Oil.
still laffin’

I know it because I provided a counter example. If religion were simply a way of filling knowledge gaps then modern highly educated people would not believe deeply in it. Your claim that religion is the result of ignorance is hackneyed atheist propaganda.

Kind of like being an ignorant Republican?

I see no error in this. To think any of "it" is literal is silly at best, IMO. Man learns from "it" and applies "it" to modern life, not blindly believes because "it" says so in "THE" book. All the contrived nonsense men use to try to justify and explain "it" is what is the silliest of all.
Originally Posted by Huntz
God,is there one or not?If there really is a God why is their disease,famine,wars?Because God gave us a free will and a soul .Our body is just a vessel that contains our soul during human life.We can think,write ,imagine and have the choice of doing right or wrong.God does not interfere.Hell and heaven.Neither are actually places.If you believe in God you have eternal life as a spirit or part of the eternal awareness.Hell is nothingness.You die ,you are done.Religions are mostly man made to make people conform to who ever is in power.They are bought and sold like whores in a cathouse.If we have a soul(and I don`t think everyone does)you know right from wrong and do not need someone to tell you.Souless people are ones like Hitler,Obama and just about any dimocrat.Plenty of Republicans also.How do I know there is a God?There for sure is Evil on this Planet.If there is evil their must be Good.If not this planet would be a raging clusterfugg.Yeah ,I know it is headed that way now.The Devil likes to tempt us.Free health insurance,free baby killing and anything that is good and righteous is bad.I believe we are here for a reason and we can accept it or deny it and determine our own fate.Of course denying it is the easy way.JMHO Huntz

Good will become evil and evil good. Some illiterate sheep herder was evidently pretty sharp, huh?
In the latter days HIS message will be spread over the earth and the age of information will explode, HE essentialy said. HE may have been right.
Picts or it didn't happen..
Originally Posted by Huntz

Good will become evil and evil good. Some illiterate sheep herder was evidently pretty sharp, huh?
In the latter days HIS message will be spread over the earth and the age of information will explode, HE essentialy said. HE may have been right.

Now, re being dead and gone and not suffering:
Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever

Then why try to derail us in our attempts to discuss and understand scripture? What are you trying to save us from? Living a decent life on earth?

Must you accept a believers help if you have a flat beside the road, or should we allow you to take care of it with the fishing buddies travelling with you?

Is your help is saving us coming with a bill, or is it free? If free, its probably worthless.

This thread was not to help you. It was to reveal a different take on scripture to Believers to discuss.

We arent sending you a bill either, so our discussion is worthless to you, also. So why not just go discuss puppies or flying or politics rather than expend so much mental and physical typing effort try to help us change our tire? You cant help it, you have to try and help us out.

Its as if you are driven by a satanic force. You are drawn like a moth to a flame. You cant ignore believers and just walk on by.
The matter of the divinity and humanity of
Jesus was decided in 325 by a very close ballot,
which involved vote stacking, bribery, threats and
and intimidation.

Who in their right mind would consider the
result credible?

.. Regardless, what we have now was put
together by a bunch of 4th century guys who were
trying to cobble together something that would suit an
Emperor who was establishing a State Religion. Did
God watch over that and make sure that we have what
He wanted us to have...?

Council of Rome 382 had about as much integrity
in the process as that dogs breakfast at Nicaea 325.
Were you there or is this what Dan Brown told you? Or was it a comic book or computer game you learned this from?
Religion only really cares about "life" after death, and salvation doesn't require leading a "good life". What a terrible mindset to be introducing to young and malleable minds of children.
People can believe whatever they choose. My life has become better with the belief Jesus died and was resurrected three days afterward. I accept the Bible at face value. Doe this make me a better person than others? No, but it guides me to be a better person, a happier person, a content person. I'm far from perfect and sin every day. My only regret is I didn't accept Jesus as my savior years ago. The words in the Bible are like the UCMJ, they can burn you or save you. YMMV
.. Were you there or is this what Dan Brown told you? Or was it a comic book or computer game you learned this from?

Where you there when a Jesus allegedly
performed miracles, rose himself from the
dead and flew into the clouds?

Not even the unknown authors of the Gospels
can claim witness to such, but you take their
word for it.. 😂

Comic books and Bible, there's little difference.
Kids are told their super heroes are not real by
adults who believe in religious mythology.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Religion only really cares about "life" after death,...
Jesus’ teachings of loving God, and showing your love for God ‘by’ loving others is clearly the polar opposite of your assertion.
...and salvation doesn't require leading a "good life".
That’s right...because grace can’t be earned...if it could be earned then it wouldn’t be grace. But, loving God, and showing your love for God ‘by’ loving others would certainly go towards leading a good life. Not done as often or as good as it should be, but the premise is still there. If the only thing motivating a person to be good and decent is the expectation of a divine reward, then that person likely has a bad theology.
What a terrible mindset to be introducing to young and malleable minds of children.
I think teaching children Jesus’ New Covenant commands is a great mindset for them to have.
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
People can believe whatever they choose. My life has become better with the belief Jesus died and was resurrected three days afterward. I accept the Bible at face value. Doe this make me a better person than others? No, but it guides me to be a better person, a happier person, a content person. I'm far from perfect and sin every day. My only regret is I didn't accept Jesus as my savior years ago.
Sound wisdom.
Rocky, there are a lot of threads on the Fire I never open because I have no interest. Tractors, chainsaws, planes, Mi get togethers, childrens books, price haggling, space X, chickend coming home, building rachets, chess, whirlpools, etc.

Why? I have no interest. Why do those who have no interest try to tell believers all about it. Makes about as much since as me pontificating on rocket launches and telling fly boys they dont know wth they are talk8ng about.

Most unbelievers cant just walk on by. They have to pontificate and denigrate and ridicule?

Why?
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Rocky, there are a lot of threads on the Fire I never open because I have no interest. Tractors, chainsaws, planes, Mi get togethers, childrens books, price haggling, space X, chickend coming home, building rachets, chess, whirlpools, etc. Why? I have no interest. Why do those who have no interest try to tell believers all about it. Makes about as much since as me pontificating on rocket launches and telling fly boys they dont know wth they are talking about. Most unbelievers cant just walk on by. They have to pontificate and denigrate and ridicule? Why?
Truth...!
Can An all capable God communicate directly
with all persons?
So why the need for such a book?
sounds rather primitive and backward for a God,
and in any case most people were illiterate.

Nothing would be better than straight
from the horses mouth. directly into
the minds and hearts of mankind.

But for some reason a super intelligent being
did it the hard way through scripture ...

Jesus’ teachings of loving God, and showing your love for God ‘by’ loving others is clearly the polar opposite of your assertion.
That’s right...because grace can’t be earned...if it could be earned then it wouldn’t be grace. But, loving God, and showing your love for God ‘by’ loving others would certainly go towards leading a good life. Not done as often or as good as it should be, but the premise is still there. If the only thing motivating a person to be good and decent is the expectation of a divine reward, then that person likely has a bad theology.
What a terrible mindset to be introducing to young and malleable minds of children.
I think teaching children Jesus’ New Covenant commands is a great mindset for them to have.

There was a lot less strife in Chitcago, Portland and Seattle and less quuuers kissing on the streets and schietting on the streets 60 years ago in San Francisco before Christ was kicked out of school, and a lot less overdoses and suicide by young folks back then too. Fuggers werent kneeling on the field or rioting either. Prolly ust a coincidence though.
Know way those dumbassed sheep herders years ago could know. They ust made some lucky guesses by coincidence.
whistle wink

No way id trade our wonderful progress for Him, though. Nah, we got it too good now. Well, if that dumbassed believer Trump gets elected again anyway. grin
If, IF!, there is no life after death, and I think there is, following God Jesus is still The Way.
Thanks, Antlers.

Rev 14:11
...and the smoke of their TORMENT goes up forever and ever; they have no test day and night....
(That's pretty darn clear!)
Rev 20:10
...they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Rev 20:10
...they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

They as in the devil, beast and false profit
(specifically) , but you intentionally left that
important detail out.

One Cant trust a rabid christian conspiracy kook
with anything.

Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
People can believe whatever they choose. My life has become better with the belief Jesus died and was resurrected three days afterward. I accept the Bible at face value. Doe this make me a better person than others? No, but it guides me to be a better person, a happier person, a content person. I'm far from perfect and sin every day. My only regret is I didn't accept Jesus as my savior years ago. The words in the Bible are like the UCMJ, they can burn you or save you. YMMV

You can believe whatever you choose? Are you sure? I sure can't.

There was a lot less strife in Chitcago, Portland and Seattle and less quuuers kissing on the streets and schietting on the streets 60 years ago in San Francisco before Christ was kicked out of school, and a lot less overdoses and suicide by young folks back then too. Fuggers werent kneeling on the field or rioting either. Prolly ust a coincidence though.
Know way those dumbassed sheep herders years ago could know. They ust made some lucky guesses by coincidence.
whistle wink

No way id trade our wonderful progress for Him, though. Nah, we got it too good now. Well, if that dumbassed believer Trump gets elected again anyway. grin

You're biased to making a link between religion and civil unrest whereas that link doesn't exist. There are other causes for the problems over there.

You are perfectly free to believe anything you like. I won't call you names because of it. It is in fact one of our inalienable rights. Not God-given, I would argue, but inalienable nonetheless. Whether you choose to worship Jesus or Yahway or Allah or Bahl or Osiris is none of my business - unless and until you start telling me I have to as well. With a gun to my head. Then things get hairy.

I think this is prophetic; except for "capricious". Otherwise God, being Infinite, is all you posted.
RR - I'm not certain who you wish to convince or what you would like to change with your postulates, so I may or may not be changeable of mind. But, you seem like a very knowledgeable and reasonable person, so let me make a few inquiries of you about things in your post.

Jag and others. It is not the unbelievers who are afraid. Universal statement - you know this for sure, and how? Religion is there with all its promised comforts of the hereafter precisely because we as humans are afraid of death. So we try to soften it by making up stories of how wonderful it will all be after we die. Uh - not all of the "stories" are about "wonderful"

In actuality, it ought to be just the opposite. The reality is that when we die, we absolutely cease to exist. Universal statement - you know this for certain, and how? ALL the evidence says that we simply...stop. Really - - evidence? - - or absence of anything to the contrary, or ?? From "all" of it, please state some of the "evidence that we simply stop. The good news is that we will never know we are dead. It would be impossible to be aware of anything, including that we are unaware. It is in fact exactly like falling asleep: we do not notice the moment when we stop being conscious precisely because we are unconscious. Is there some irrefutable evidence of the above from someone who simply stopped and did not know that he/she was dead?

That should be a comfort. It is a comfort to me. I think that if I were in fact able to "look back down upon myself" from soul height and realize that I was dead, it would be a horrific trauma. I'm confident that won't be the case, for which I am deeply grateful. The sad thing is that all you believers won't know you were wrong and none of those promises will happen. I won't know I'm right and you won't know you're wrong. I think I will know if I am wrong - can you prove that I will not?

Lastly (and maybe I'll give this an everlasting rest, ha!) I will say that I am not an atheist. An atheist is an anti-religion zealot, just as eager to convert as the most fervent missionary. Not to sure about this definition - "the anti-religion zealot" part - for those I have known were content to say that God does not exist and to argue that strongly - but did no work toward having me join their team. Are any of the Atheists on the Campfire doing conversion work - might they speak up on this? I am not that. I am simply a non-believer who was raised in the most rigorous Catholic way - until I started asking what seemed to be rational questions. And got what were patently absurd answers, one whopper after another to "explain away" every earlier whopper. And it all unraveled. I'm still pointing out the absurdities. And slyly smiling.

whistle wink

You're biased to making a link between religion and civil unrest whereas that link doesn't exist. There are other causes for the problems over there.

Sheesh. None are so blind as those who would not see.

Thats what the stiff necked jews said before being taken captive by ancient Babylon, Rome.

Thats what the empire of Israelites said as they degenerated into a degenerate nation under Jeroboam as they were being defeated and taken captive by the Assyrians.

There is a reason the Jews, Tribe of Judah, has experienced the curses they have suffered through.

Jesus apparently died to cover off for people’s sins. People keep sinning yet the slate is washed clean. It’s just one of the many contradictions in the bible – lead a good life but you’ll be saved anyway as long as you accept Jesus as your saviour, all sins aside.

I lead a good life without religious belief system, and outside of any expectation of a devine reward. I guess this grace must be more of an innate human trait that we developed. Angry believers use the threat of damnation and hell when they are confronted by logic from non-believers, so their focus changes to suit their immediate circumstances and shows their true preoccupation with the “afterlife”.

No offence but that response has zero meaning to me – it’s your opinion and it’s of no value to me.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If, IF!, there is no life after death, and I think there is, following God Jesus is still The Way.

Other religions had an afterlife in their theology long before Judaism or Christianity. Dreams and visions give an impression of a non material or disembodied existence. It's a very old belief.
Mauser, Thats what the stiff necked jews said before being taken captive by ancient Babylon, Rome.

Thats what the empire of Israelites said as they degenerated into a degenerate nation under Jeroboam as they were being defeated and taken captive by the Assyrians.

There is a reason the Jews, Tribe of Judah, has experienced the curses they have suffered through.

whistle wink

Thats what the stiff necked jews said before being taken captive by ancient Babylon, Rome.

Hey, God looks after His own chosen people well, really, really well....which is why they have suffered for thousands of years? Oh, wait, it must be that pesky free will thing at work.
No nation on earth has been as blessed as has the USofA, simply because it was the ONLY COUNTRY IN HISTORY dedicated to the idea that the people created in GODS image should be free and were given certain INALIENABLE RIGHTS BY THEIR CREATOR.

That is why we were so blessed. If you cant connect that blessing going away with the US kicking HIM away you are seriously mentally compromised, especially since HE PREDICTED IT AND WROTE IT DOWN FOR US TO SEE AGES AGO.

How do you explain Israel regaining its homeland AGAINST ALL ODDS. And then HIM having written for them to not make treaties with their enemies who would turn on them and try to "DRIVE THEM INTO THE SEA". Then HE prophesied that they would be carried to safety as if by the WINGS OF AN EAGLE. We, the EAGLE, carried them to safety by Nixons help, though his secretary of state Kissinger told him he would be driven out of office if he did.

Oh yes, brainiac, it was ust a lucky guess, a councidence. Unfreaking real.
Originally Posted by DBT

whistle wink

Hey, God looks after His own chosen people well, really, really well....which is why they have suffered for thousands of years? Oh, wait, it must be that pesky free will thing at work.

Oh, gee. You mean HE doesnt treat those who rejected and killed HIS son the way you think HE should have done. Cry me a river.

Come on you hyoocrite. What would any real man, not a man like you, would do to those who tortured your son unmercifully and then killed him. Im sure as sweet as you are that you would have blessed them.
Jesus apparently died to cover off for people’s sins. People keep sinning yet the slate is washed clean. It’s just one of the many contradictions in the bible – lead a good life but you’ll be saved anyway as long as you accept Jesus as your saviour, all sins aside.
Yeah, Jesus is ‘the’ way. First and foremost, regardless of anything else, no matter what. THAT’S the ultimate belief according to the faith.
I lead a good life without a religious belief system, and outside of any expectation of a devine reward. I guess this grace must be more of an innate human trait that we developed.
I believe ya’. Millions of people lead good lives without a religious belief system or any expectation of a divine reward. Grace, to me, is getting something good that we do not deserve.
Angry believers use the threat of damnation and hell when they are confronted by logic from non-believers, so their focus changes to suit their immediate circumstances and shows their true preoccupation with the “afterlife”.
There are some angry believers that seem to be happy about the existence of hell. But not all are that way. And often the “logic” that believers are “confronted” with by non-believers isn’t ‘logic’ at all. And there are plenty of angry non-believers as well. Painting all believers the same color is no different than all atheists being painted the same color.
No offence but that response has zero meaning to me – it’s your opinion and it’s of no value to me.
That’s fine. I was simply responding to, and expanding on, an assertion that you made.
Originally Posted by CCCC
RR - I'm not certain who you wish to convince or what you would like to change with your postulates,

What makes you think RRs intention is to convince anyone?.. how did you arrive at such an assumption?

RR expressed his view, nothing more nothing less.

Originally Posted by DBT

whistle wink

Oh, gee. You mean HE doesnt treat those who rejected and killed HIS son the way you think HE should have done. Cry me a river.

Come on you hyoocrite. What would any real man, not a man like you, would do to those who tortured your son unmercifully and then killed him. Im sure as sweet as you are that you would have blessed them.

You miss the point nicely. The troubles began long before Jesus and continued long after. The Jews are said to be God's chosen people.
Originally Posted by DBT

You miss the point nicely. The troubles began long before Jesus and continued long after. The Jews are said to be God's chosen people.

That is what the Jews tell everyone.
Angry believers use the threat of damnation and hell when they are confronted by logic from non-believers, so their focus changes to suit their immediate circumstances and shows their true preoccupation with the “afterlife”.
There are some angry believers that seem to be happy about the existence of hell. But not all are that way...

How do believers know such a hell exists?

No christian knew of such until brainwashing
made them believe in such.

Merely imagining a hell to exist does not make
an actual hell exist.. but Propaganda works wonders
on impressionable human minds.

Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by DBT

Well, they were, but they rejected it.

So, HE said you have to accept the Good News to be saved AND HE said all of Israel will be saved.

Now, there are many Jews who died waiting for the Savior to arrive and never accepted Jesus CHRIST as the superstar. So, those Jews, where from israel or not, will not have their name in the book.

Now, if all who are believers in Christ JESUS (the Name, the WORD is JESUS) and the Good News, are the only ones who get the nod to Heaven, and all the Israelites will be saved, what does that mean.

It can only mean that HIS Israel HE refers to is HIS believers, not the Israel the MSM refers to.
Originally Posted by DBT

So, HE said you have to accept the Good News to be saved AND HE said all of Israel will be saved.

Now, there are many Jews who died waiting for the Savior to arrive and never accepted Jesus CHRIST as the superstar. So, those Jews, where from israel or not, will not have their name in the book.

Now, if all who are believers in Christ JESUS (the Name, the WORD is JESUS) and the Good News, are the only ones who get the nod to Heaven, and all the Israelites will be saved, what does that mean.

It can only mean that HIS Israel HE refers to is HIS believers, not the Israel the MSM refers to.

You ask "what does that mean".

It means that you have a penchant for listing opinion as fact.

It is printed on paper and paper will take shit...bit like your "HE SAID".
Yeah, Jesus is ‘the’ way. First and foremost, regardless of anything else, no matter what. THAT’S the ultimate belief according to the faith.
I lead a good life without a religious belief system, and outside of any expectation of a devine reward. I guess this grace must be more of an innate human trait that we developed.
I believe ya’. Millions of people lead good lives without a religious belief system or any expectation of a divine reward. Grace, to me, is getting something good that we do not deserve.
There are some angry believers that seem to be happy about the existence of hell. But not all are that way. And often the “logic” that believers are “confronted” with by non-believers isn’t ‘logic’ at all. And there are plenty of angry non-believers as well. Painting all believers the same color is no different than all atheists being painted the same color.
That’s fine. I was simply responding to, and expanding on, an assertion that you made.

This was my original statement:

Religion only really cares about "life" after death, and salvation doesn't require leading a "good life". What a terrible mindset to be introducing to young and malleable minds of children.

My takeaway from our conversation is that you concur with my first sentence.

You provided an opposing opinion on the second sentence without any expansion or substantiation.

You also made an interesting statement that grace couldn't be earned - so that means it's a lotto draw?
There are some angry believers that seem to be happy about the existence of hell. But not all are that way...

How do believers know such a hell exists?

No christian knew of such until brainwashing
made them believe in such.

Merely imagining a hell to exist does not make
an actual hell exist.. but Propaganda works wonders
on impressionable human minds.
We don't need proof of Hell - we have you! LOL!
I know, you were sooo close to agreeing with me until I said that.

LOL!
You sound even sillier than the utter garbage
catholic priests spew on the flock.

Why would God create someone just to ne a wife? Where is Eve's choice
Originally Posted by DBT

But they didn't reject it. They rejected the Christian claim that Jesus was the prophesied Messiah. They give reasons for why they do.
They rejected JESUS as GODS son and crucified HIM.

Strain your ass out for satan all you want pal.
The christian description of Jesus doesn't
match the O.T. word of God criteria necessary
to qualify as the Messiah.

Christians conveniently gloss over that fact.

EITHER the O.T. word of God is wrong,.. or
christians are wrong.

But Christians will go on 'believing' without
addressing the issue, which is ludicrous.
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

Adam and Lilith - Lilith chose not to abide by Adam and paid the consequences. Eve best not make that mistake.

....and the winner of our “Big Stick Wanna’ Be” Award is Rocky Raab!
This was my original statement:

My takeaway from our conversation is that you concur with my first sentence.
That’s ‘your’ takeaway. My position on your first sentence is in stark contrast to yours. And what I wrote about it is posted up~all can see it. Loving God, and demonstrating your love for God ‘by’ loving others is done ‘here’...on this earth. I wrote some other stuff regarding your first sentence, again~it’s there for all to see.
And it’s also clearly in stark contrast to your position. But, ‘your’ takeaway can be whatever ‘you’ choose.
You provided an opposing opinion on the second sentence without any expansion or substantiation.
You only provided your opinion in your second sentence without any expansion or substantiation. You simply stated your opinion, and I voiced an opposing opinion. And I clearly referenced Jesus’ New Covenant commands as being a great mindset to teach children. But again, see it however ‘you’ choose. I’m fine with it.

You also made an interesting statement that grace couldn't be earned - so that means it's a lotto draw?
The grace that God extends to us, through Jesus, can’t be earned. That’s my belief. If ‘you’ choose to see it as a “lotto draw”...cool. I’m fine with it.
Richard, just a wife is to support her husband and be a helpmate to him that he can do what GOD appointed him to and to become one with him as man needs a helpmate and partner to help him reduce the risk of prostate cancer and bear and take care of the children and to impart in them love and compassion and teach them the workings of the Christian family structure and the proper worship of GOD and to follow right from wrong that they will learn from example and be responsible adults that will help the Christian nation thrive and survive against the satanic forces against it that are at this time bringing this once Christian nation down.

The Christian wife is half of Christian children and necessary for the survival of a nation that is to be blessed by GOD Almighty.

.. was raised in the most rigorous Catholic way -
until I started asking what seemed to be rational questions. And got what were patently
absurd answers, one whopper after another to
"explain away" every earlier whopper. And it all
unraveled. I'm still pointing out the absurdities.

Savvy kids wake up to the catholic nonsense
smoke and mirrors, which makes me pity the
adults that go on believing such convoluted
crapola all the way to the grave.

It's not that simple. You fail to consider that the OT describes the prophesied Messiah, or that Jesus does not not meet the description.

Why do you ignore these problems?
Savvy kids wake up to the catholic nonsense
smoke and mirrors, which makes me pity the
adults that go on believing such convoluted
crapola all the way to the grave.
This? Coming from a guy that thinks a KT who firmly believed in Christ created the miracle of the Shroud of Turin but that Christ is a myth?!

C'mon, man, you are like a fiction novelist who took too much acid and thought his books were histories.
Originally Posted by DBT

It's not that simple. You fail to consider that the OT describes the prophesied Messiah, or that Jesus does not not meet the description.

The thread title is outer space unfu-king believable...............so some cat with wings fly's in and out of heaven, bangs an apparent mortal whore [adams woman] gets directions, then fly's to, and is the automatic boss of hell for eternity. crazy
Originally Posted by gunner500

The thread title is outer space unfu-king believable...............so some cat with wings fly's in and out of heaven, bangs an apparent mortal whore [adams woman] then gets location directions too, then fly's to, and is the automatic boss of hell for eternity. crazy

Why not...it is as believable as any of the rest of it.

This? Coming from a guy that thinks a
KT who firmly believed in Christ created the
miracle of the Shroud of Turin but that Christ
is a myth?!

WTF is a 'KT'...?

And why are you making wild ass assumptions
about what I think?

Can you quote me regarding the Shroud of Turin?
coz your hairbrain claim don't make any sense.

Yep

The thread title is outer space unfu-king believable...............so some cat with wings fly's in and out of heaven, bangs an apparent mortal whore [adams woman] then gets location directions too, then fly's to, and is the automatic boss of hell for eternity. crazy

Yes, there were adam and eve, they had cain and able, cain killed able, that leaves adam, eve and cain, if banging kinfolk is wrong in the book, where the fook did everyone else come from, the black? the chinaman, the dot head injuns, eskimos??????????????????

All animals on a big boat for 40 days and nights, what did they eat, where did they shlt? apparently there was plenty of water to drink,,,,,,,,,,everyone else in the world drown, here we are back to banging kin folk again.

Building a tower to the heavens, then all of a sudden all men on the work crew have a different language and cant communicate, yeah okay. crazy like they had that fu-king ladder in the right spot anyway, double fu-k me!
Originally Posted by baldhunter
The Bible is written in symbolic language,also some books have been removed as well which leads to even more unanswered questions.
There ‘are’ questions. And I’m not disagreeing with you here. But what do ‘you’ think about the Bible that we ‘do’ have today...versed, chaptered, mapped, and wrapped..?

Yes, there were adam and eve, they had cain and able, cain killed able, that leaves adam, eve and cain, if banging kinfolk is wrong in the book, where the fook did everyone else come from, the black? the chinaman, the dot head injuns, eskimos??????????????????

All animals on a big boat for 40 days and nights, what did they eat, where did they shlt? apparently there was plenty of water to drink,,,,,,,,,,everyone else in the world drown, here we are back to banging kin folk again.

Building a tower to the heavens, then all of a sudden all men on the work crew have a different language and cant communicate, yeah okay. crazy like they had that fu-king ladder in the right spot anyway, double fu-k me!

Hey, it could happen...............

with enough inspiration.................

right?
praise be and pass that offering platter Brother! wink

lmao

gunner500’s done some readin’ and/or some listenin’. And some contemplating.

We havin' a pot luck after the services?

I was always bummed, we Catholics didn't do that often.

Sometimes when I was in Scouts, we had pancake breakfasts, but we never had no big baskets of fired chicken and homemade apple pies after the preachin'
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I've found the first four books of the New Testament to be a very valuable guide to approaching life no matter who wrote them, as good as anything else ever written, and following the advice therein is a definite path to happiness or contentment or whatever one's soul is searching for. The Old Testament has some gems scattered throughout but you gotta get through the slaughtering, adultery and all the good soap opera stuff to find it.

But - and not saying this just to debate or piss off anybody - one can also find equally good advice in the Dharma of Buddha and Taoist works as well, plus works of the stoic philosophers Marcus Aurelius and Epictetus. Heck, a fellow could do a lot worse than just reading Tolstoy's short stories. There are lots of others but these examples are among the ones I'm most familiar with.

I learned morality and ethics from Heinlein. LOL

I think the man would fit right in with this bunch.
Originally Posted by jorgeI

They WERE colored. Any student of Anthropology knows all mankind descended out of Africa.
“Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” - Robert Heinlein

He was an insightful dude.

....... if banging kinfolk is wrong in the book, where the fook did everyone else come from,.....

Exactly. If banging kinfolk was wrong, West Virginia would not exist.

We havin' a pot luck after the services?

I was always bummed, we Catholics didn't do that often.

Sometimes when I was in Scouts, we had pancake breakfasts, but we never had no big baskets of fired chicken and homemade apple pies after the preachin'

LOL, I would expect nothing less than 'fired chicken' at a religious meal ; ] sorry, couldn't resist.

I best clear out of this thread before a billy better than me from georgia shows up to inform me "maybe I wasn't a chosen one," or the other from out n.c. way asking, "why did you even stop by the thread if you don't believe?"
Originally Posted by smokepole

....... if banging kinfolk is wrong in the book, where the fook did everyone else come from,.....

Exactly. If banging kinfolk was wrong, West Virginia would not exist.

laugh

YES, and it has happened thousands upon thousands of times since humans first scratched on cavw walls with a charred stick.

Every discrete population inventing their own version of God. Because people are afraid of the unknown, and other people figure out how to profit from that fact. Religion was created to keep the Preisthood fat, happy, and well laid.

I agree.

God said he would protect His word. For me that is knowing. It's knowing because I act on that belief as if it were absolute truth. My job is not to make you believe anything.

Disciples called to make Disciples, the call of all Christians is to reach all.

If your referring to you can’t soften a hard heart then I’m with you.

A lot of comments in this thread are based on how someone made their mind up long ago and our egos make it hard to openly consider any idea to the contrary. About like a favorite saying tying a current event to a prior emotion thereby allowing our brains to be absolved of the responsibility to reasonably consider the new unique event.

The comment above is worse than the misquotes, misinterpretations, and errors in general thrown as references throughout this thread. Christianity has as much or more to do with this life as it does the next.
Originally Posted by gremcat
Thumpin’ a Bible at someone isn’t the only way to do that. It’s often a really awful way to do it.
Christianity has as much or more to do with this life as it does the next.
Agreed. Wholeheartedly.
Originally Posted by DBT
They rejected JESUS as GODS son and crucified HIM....

You fail to consider that the OT describes the prophesied Messiah,..
.. Jesus does not not meet the description.

If Christians were to ackowledge such incongruence
the basis of their faith crumbles.

have never seen a CF Christian address such
a fundamental flaw issue no matter how
many times it is raised,.. just goes straight
in the - T. F. H. - basket.

The elephant remains in the room no matter
how much they chose to ignore it, thus we are
left with a Faith based on pretence.

The inspired word of God is so ambiguous that people have argued fought over its meaning for centuries.....you'd think a mind capable of creating a universe would be clearer.
Originally Posted by DBT
The inspired word of God is so ambiguous that people have argued fought over its meaning for centuries.....you'd think a mind capable of creating a universe would be clearer.

I guess HE did that to distract lame brains from the good news. John 3:16. He let Christians discuss the rest of HIS message in order to help HIM see who needed salvation and who didnt, you know, to help seperate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. To let the world see who was for and who was against HIS word. whistle
Going through a Jesus is trying to find
Salvation through a Proxy.

Other methods offer one the chance to save
Oneself and reach Nirvana.

The grace that God extends to us, through Jesus, can’t be earned. That’s my belief. If ‘you’ choose to see it as a “lotto draw”...cool. I’m fine with it.

Understood - it's a "carrot" to entice believers. Have to understand that there are also "lemons".

Understood - it's a "carrot" to entice believers.
If ‘you’ choose to see it that way...cool. I’m fine with that too.
Originally Posted by DBT

I guess HE did that to distract lame brains from the good news. John 3:16. He let Christians discuss the rest of HIS message in order to help HIM see who needed salvation and who didnt, you know, to help seperate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. To let the world see who was for and who was against HIS word. whistle

Or most likely, the bible as a collection of books that don't always agree with each other, contradictions, mistakes, absurdities, is nothing more than a testament to the beliefs of the people at the time the books were written....hence an angry god of war in early OT times and a God of Love in the minds of NT Christians.
So, im glad to hear youre a good guy, mauser. Never cuss, swear, coveted, stole or had dirty thoughts or lied or... whoa. You say there is no GOD or Savior? Well, so much for not lying.

Ima put you in fer honorable mention, but your works wont do the job. Sorry, i dont make the rules. The big guy who made you does that. I agree, HIS rules arent worth a schat and you and i could do much better. Darn it, if weuns just made the rules.

Rocky, I envy your eloquence.
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Or most likely, the bible as a collection of books that don't always agree with each other, contradictions, mistakes, absurdities, is nothing more than a testament to the beliefs of the people at the time the books were written....hence an angry god of war in early OT times and a God of Love in the minds of NT Christians.

The apparent contradictions are to snag those really smart folks like you who can get everlasting life all by their own self.
Im out of this for today.
So, im glad to hear youre a good guy, mauser. Never cuss, swear, coveted, stole or had dirty thoughts or lied or... whoa. You say there is no GOD or Savior? Well, so much for not lying.

Ima put you in fer honorable mention, but your works wont do the job. Sorry, i dont make the rules. The big guy who made you does that. I agree, HIS rules arent worth a schat and you and i could do much better. Darn it, if weuns just made the rules.

I'm no different to anyone else. I otherwise follow moral standards that everyone expects to be also reflected back on them. God is man-made, so his rules come from us.

Understood - it's a "carrot" to entice believers.
If ‘you’ choose to see it that way...cool. I’m fine with that too.

You left off my comment about the "lemons" but I know you don't have an answer to that - just saying (for all to see).
You left off my comment about the "lemons" but I know you don't have an answer to that - just saying (for all to see).
An “answer” to your comment about lemons...? In light of ‘all’ of the discussion that’s been going on here, *that* is what you choose to use in your feeble attempt at an ‘I gotcha’...!

laffin’

For ALL to see.
You clearly have a HUGE problem with my beliefs. While I have ZERO problem with yours.

lol
Originally Posted by DBT

whistle wink

WTF are you talking about. By your own teachings, Christ did not die. He is immortal, omniscient, He is GOD. Christ simply went back home.

That is, if all you have been telling us the last many years is true.

It was all preordained, the script written millenia in advance by Christ/God himself. According to your past statements, it could have happened no other way.
An “answer” to your comment about lemons...? In light of ‘all’ of the discussion that’s been going on here, *that* is what you choose to use in your feeble attempt at an ‘I gotcha’...!

laffin’

For ALL to see.

So you choose not to answer? You seem to have answers for everything else?
. What would any real man, do to those who tortured your son unmercifully and then killed him..

What kind of father throws his son under
the bus to be tortured and killed?.. especially
when Salvation is possible without Need for
such gruesome human blood sacrifice.

The christian blood sacrifice narrative sounds
very much like a backward primitive civilizations
method of appeasing deities.

Anyhow, It appears they killed the wrong man,
Jesus just found himself in the wrong place
at the wrong time. Christians didn't let it go
to waste and set about building a fable around
the ordinary unfortunate man.

You seem to have answers for everything else?
Well, ya’ know...you keep lobbin’ softballs...
It’s pretty easy to crush em’ out of the park.
You seem to have answers for everything else?
Well, you know...you keep lobbin’ softballs...
It’s pretty easy to crush em’ out of the park.

Still can't answer the question can you.
Please post “the question” that you are referring to.

You're an idiot
You're an idiot
lol

And ‘you’ castigate believers for getting mad and calling names.

lol some more
You're an idiot
lol

And ‘you’ castigate believers for getting mad and calling names.

lol some more

No? show me where I said that.

Here's the statement that I made:

"Have to understand that there are also "lemons"."

You're right that it wasn't a question but you removed from your response. You took the time to remove it from the quoted text because maybe it was a truth you'd prefer not to make comment on? Here's your big chance to provide useful comment - while all are looking to see.

The bible has God both killing people and ordering people killed.
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

The apparent contradictions are to snag those really smart folks like you who can get everlasting life all by their own self.

I think you are making that up.
lol

You’re denying it...? On many threads here...ALWAYS on religious threads...where you always clearly show that you can’t stand it that believers choose to believe, ‘you’ have referenced the less than stellar attitudes that ‘believers’ have towards others when their beliefs are challenged by “logic”. Yet, ‘you’ have resorted to name calling yourself.

lol some more, and smh
Originally Posted by DBT

I would too, wouldnt you? Hypocrite.
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

I think you are making that up.

Its better than the crap you make up.
That was pretty hot. I hope they make a porno about that soon
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

Eve can't wield a sword. She gets no choices. IT'S A MAN'S WORLD.
You're right that it wasn't a question...
Yep.
...but you removed it from your response.
So...?
You took the time to remove it from the quoted text because maybe it was a truth you'd prefer not to make comment on?
lol

Or maybe I simply felt ‘that’ part of your comment didn’t even warrant a response. After your logistical use of “lotto draw” and “carrots” in this discourse about religion and beliefs...somehow “lemons” just didn’t seem worth replying to. At all.
Richard, just a wife is to support her husband and be a helpmate to him that he can do what GOD appointed him to and to become one with him as man needs a helpmate and partner to help him reduce the risk of prostate cancer and bear and take care of the children and to impart in them love and compassion and teach them the workings of the Christian family structure and the proper worship of GOD and to follow right from wrong that they will learn from example and be responsible adults that will help the Christian nation thrive and survive against the satanic forces against it that are at this time bringing this once Christian nation down.

The Christian wife is half of Christian children and necessary for the survival of a nation that is to be blessed by GOD Almighty.

Jag, how many times have you been married?

The woman is supposed to serve as your semen spitoon, just to lower your chance of prostate cancer????

WTF, Were you born without a right hand?
lol

You’re denying it...? On many threads here...ALWAYS on religious threads...where you always clearly show that you can’t stand it that believers choose to believe, ‘you’ have referenced the less than stellar attitudes that ‘believers’ have towards others when their beliefs are challenged by “logic”. Yet, ‘you’ have resorted to name calling yourself.

lol some more, and smh

Now I'm castigating an idiot for being an idiot.
You're right that it wasn't a question...
Yep.
...but you removed it from your response.
So...?
You took the time to remove it from the quoted text because maybe it was a truth you'd prefer not to make comment on?
lol

Or maybe I simply felt ‘that’ part of your comment didn’t even warrant a response. After your logistical use of “lotto draw” and “carrots” in this discourse about religion and beliefs...somehow “lemons” just didn’t seem worth replying to. At all.

Good - no answer. Adequate believer response.
Now I'm castigating an idiot for being an idiot.
laffin’
After your logistical use of “lotto draw” and “carrots” in this discourse about religion and beliefs...somehow “lemons” just didn’t seem worth replying to. At all.

But you buy into a children's fable religion with
mention of a talking snake and talking donkey.
and someone who ate forbidden fruit.

Questioning the christian narrative is no
different to questioning claims of Big Foot.

... .

ALWAYS on religious threads...where you
always clearly show that you can’t stand it
that believers choose to believe, ‘

Yet you adhere to a faith based on religious bigotry
and prejudice.. with the audacious claim - all other
gods are false - and the stance that other peoples
religious beliefs are inferior.
such blatant bias and intolerance Christians seem
find much comfort in.

Without such Christianity would fall apart,
coz they could no longer market an exclusive
blood brotherhood ritual based membership.
WTH, unbelievers? I started an entire freaking thread for you guys re THERE IS NO GOD.

What the heck is wrong you cant all get on there and argue all your points proving to each other how smart you are and leave us believers alone to discuss the merits of the scriptures in the video. Hell no. All you unbelievers have to get on the thread with the believers as stir crap.

Youre like a bunch of lieberal Californians moving to Texas and telling us how we don't need any guns and how the cops will take care of us dumb hicks? Are the believers flocking to the thread trying to prove the unbeliever who wasca paster is wrong and you are crazy hayseeds for believing him?

Like i said, just like a bunch of bleck boys cant stay in their sand hill. The gotta come over and start crap in the cracker kids sandhill.

You suckers just cant refrain from threads discussing anything about Jesus Christ, can you. At least be men enough to admit it. Its like its an innate desire to know truth even though you play devils advocate.

The unbeliever thread just isnt interesting is it.

Yep, trying Satans trick of running us underground, just like Newsome in California.
WTH, unbelievers? I started an entire freaking thread for you guys re THERE IS NO GOD.

What the heck is wrong you cant all get on there and argue all your points proving to each other how smart you are and leave us believers alone to discuss the merits of the scriptures in the video. Hell no. All you unbelievers have to get on the thread with the believers as stir crap.

Youre like a bunch of lieberal Californians moving to Texas and telling us how we don't need any guns and how the cops will take care of us dumb hicks? Are the believers flocking to the thread trying to prove the unbeliever who wasca paster is wrong and you are crazy hayseeds for believing him?

Like i said, just like a bunch of bleck boys cant stay in their sand hill. The gotta come over and start crap in the cracker kids sandhill.

You suckers just cant refrain from threads discussing anything about Jesus Christ, can you. At least be men enough to admit it. Its like its an innate desire to know truth even though you play devils advocate.

Yep, trying Satans trick of running us underground, just like Newsome in California.

Very Christian of you...but then we already knew there was something wrong with you so no surprise.
Originally Posted by DBT

I would too, wouldnt you? Hypocrite.

The comment is not about you or me. Try to focus.

You start a thread about an ethereal being transporting across the universe just to fornicate with some lowly animal creature (Eve). Akin to me rowing a boat to Arabia so I could screw a goat. Or Zeuz coming to Earth and fathering a race of Centaurs from a mare.

And you are shocked when folks gather to mock?

What's next? The Grinch buggers Mrs Clause..........and the elves pull a train while she's indisposed?

Come on, I'll bet you enjoy these threads as much as everyone else does
Amusing in one way, astonishing in another. Astonishing that people in this day and age still believe in things written in the Bible, Quran, Gita, etc, as the truth, believing that this is the way the world is, and how it works, Yahweh, Allah, Brahman, Shiva....
DBT,

correct me if I'm wrong, but Shiva, Brahmin
are accepted as mythology by practioners.
They purposely and openly employ myth.
They don't fawn over a Proxy Savior, but
aim to discover the Supreme-self.... Ie:
NIRVANA (cosmic awareness/ intelligence)
is achieved by a process of an individual transcending
the limits of mind and body... They don't attain cosmic
consciousness, but reveal that one is cosmic consciousness,
when One successfully strips away the limits
of [Karmic] mind and body.

Its neither faith or religion, but a process/methodology
of self discovery to know ones true-self.

Christians and Muslims with their faith
remain trapped in the limited realm of
fabricated beliefs programmed into to them.

Folks who achieve Nirvana or 'enlightenment' ,
have no motive or agenda to argue mere mortal
theistic opinions against other opinions.

Interesting enough Bible suggests one "know thyself",
which is by no means original to montheists, in fact
they were rather late to the party.

DBT,

correct me if I'm wrong, but Shiva, Brahmin
are accepted as mythology by practioners.
They purposely and openly employ myth.
They don't fawn over a Proxy Savior, but
aim to discover the Supreme-self.... Ie:
NIRVANA (cosmic awareness/ intelligence)
is achieved by a process of an individual transcending
the limits of mind and body... They don't attain cosmic
consciousness, but reveal that one is cosmic consciousness, when One successfully strips
away the limits of mind and body.

Its is neither faith or religion, but a process
of self discovery to know ones true-self.

Christians and Muslims with their faith
remain trapped in the limited realm of
fabricated beliefs programmed into to them.

Folks who achieve Nirvana or 'enlightenment' ,
have no motive or agenda to argue mere mortal
theistic opinions against other opinions.

Interesting enough Bible suggests one "know thyself",
which is by no means original to montheists, in fact
they were rather late to the party.

That is esoteric Hinduism, but many believers build temples and shrines to individual manifestations of Brahmin in the form of Shiva, Shakti, Hamuman, etc, being seen as 'intermediaries,' gods who may bring benefit to the believer, being the manifestations of Brahman, like everything else, with defined functions, personalities, destroyer, etc.
Thumpin’ a Bible at someone isn’t the only way to do that. It’s often a really awful way to do it.

I don’t disagree, just misunderstood your intent.
Something along the lines of:

Dude, like way way back in the olden days

Did you ever hear Brother Dave Gardner do David and Goliath? miles

david and goliath
Courtesy of The Shootest: "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."
Psalm 14:1 Psalm 53:1
Here youse go, Bible thumpers.
RR - I'm not certain who you wish to convince or what you would like to change with your postulates,
What makes you think RRs intention is to convince anyone?.. how did you arrive at such an assumption?
More, not less. Then again Starman, try some reading for comprehension. As it stated, "I'm not certain - -"
I don’t disagree, just misunderstood your intent.
We’re good sir. I’m glad you’re here, and I hope you’ll participate more on these type threads.
For sure.

Antlers, Gem, I guess the unbelievers must think I can perform miracles by the way they seem to think that I think I should be able to convince them of HIS truths.

I can not take the scales off their eyes and only HE can. I do think He would if they asked Him to come into their heart and REALLY wanted Him too. I think a lot of them are afraid He would and they dont want to give up their their comfortable position. I think many halfheartedly ask hoping to save their ass but not really wanting to be changed. Many do it to be blessed financially.

I guess its pretty for Him to see into the hearts He made for them.
More, not less. Then again Starman, try some reading for comprehension. As it stated, "I'm not certain - -"

My reading comprehension is just fine.
Best you re-read your own words..? .

For you clearly implied RR is trying to convince
someone, buy you weren't certain as to who.

So dont try and deflect your faults onto
others coz it's a lame approach, but not
surprising that it comes from a christian.

You seem to suffer the same problem
that we encounter with TF49.
Originally Posted by DBT

That is esoteric Hinduism, but many believers build temples and shrines to individual manifestations of Brahmin in the form of Shiva, Shakti, Hamuman, etc, being seen as 'intermediaries,' gods who may bring benefit to the believer, being the manifestations of Brahman, like everything else, with defined functions, personalities, destroyer, etc.

Hinduism does not have a Supreme God
living in a remote heaven, rather it requires
reaching inward to discover a karma free
Nirvana, or enlightenment/cosmic conciousness.

Transformation comes through transcendence.

and they accept that there are many ways to
such discovery of one's true being... and that
there can be many Gods below the Supreme
being Brahmin...which means henotheism.

Faith and strict conformity are not the primary
basis of Hinduism, for they include many sciences
both modern and ancient, and accept evolution.
They don't buy into the Bibles "how to Create the
universe in six easy steps".

Compare that to the dogmatic infantile mind
christians and Muslims with blinkers on... 😂

Originally Posted by DBT

Hinduism does not have a Supreme God
living in a remote heaven, rather it requires
reaching inward to discover a karma free
Nirvana, or enlightenment/cosmic conciousness.

Transformation comes through transcendence.

and they accept that there are many ways to
such discovery of one's true being... and that
there can be many Gods below the Supreme
being Brahmin...which means henotheism.

Faith and strict conformity are not the primary
basis of Hinduism, for they include many sciences
both modern and ancient, and accept evolution.
They don't buy into the Bibles "how to Create the
universe in six easy steps".

Compare that to the dogmatic infantile mind
christians and Muslims with blinkers on... 😂

I didn't mean to imply that the principle of Brahman is a remote God, but that Brahman is the manifestor of everything...which is not creation and creator, but manifestation of the world/universe and all that is in it through the mind/essence of Brahman, that everyone and everything is Brahman, just not realizing it.
Courtesy of The Shootest: "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."
Psalm 14:1 Psalm 53:1

The verse was written by a human believer in ancient times.
Originally Posted by DBT

I didn't mean to imply that the principle of Brahman
is a remote God, but that Brahman is the manifestor
of everything...which is not creation and creator, but
manifestation of the world/universe and all that is in it
through the mind/essence of Brahman, that
everyone and everything is Brahman, just not
realizing it

You didn't sound to imply such. I was just adding
to the description of Hinduism.

and what I highlighted in bold in your post is very
important to understand...ie; sincerely seek the
true-self and Brahman will be there..👍

One can't BS oneself in order to reach such a goal.

True seekers, rather than delusion of mind montheists
that claim to have all the answers and never be wrong.

lmao

gunner500’s done some readin’ and/or some listenin’. And some contemplating.

Yes I did, was raised in a Baptist church, even went to bible school in the summer, still go with Wife and Mom on Easter, Mothers day and Christmas, I chose a dirty rotten [bleep] detail career, I wouldn't do those things then go to church, will NOT be a poser/actor/hypocrite, had some real interest over the last year of going to church with Wife fulltime, reading the religious threads on this site has killed that, i'll deal with whatever comes my way at that time.
Satan named his son Bill Clinton, and the twin brother Barak Obama. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Best you re-read your own words..? . For you clearly implied RR is trying to convince someone, buy you weren't certain as to who. So dont try and deflect your faults onto others coz it's a lame approach, but not surprising that it comes from a christian. You seem to suffer the same problem that we encounter with TF49.
I tried to be polite and reply to your silly challenge with a simple and straightforward answer, repeating that I was not certain - which means that I do not know - which is not at all making any kind of assumption. Subsequently, you chose to attack and call names and - for the umpteenth time - try to pretend that you have the wonderful power to read the minds of others and know their motives, NOT.

So, now you will get something different in response to your silly, egotistical, insecure anti-Christian behavior. Either your reading comprehension really is LOUSY or you continue to deliberately misread/misinterpret others words so you can twist them and make some sneaky attack on the basis of falsehoods. It's an old, stupid game - and you don't do it very well. Your "implications" are of your own choosing and construction - you simply aren't smart enough to know the thoughts and intentions of others - let alone announce those.. And, your pettiness fools no one. I'm not uncertain about that.
...had some real interest over the last year of going to church with Wife fulltime, reading the religious threads on this site has killed that,...
I hear ya’ man. People who choose to make the decisions that they do likely have pretty good reasons for doing so. I wasn’t raised in a Christian home. Had nothin’ to do with any of it for most of my life. Anyway, I don’t think that most people who resist any of it do so because of Jesus Himself...I think (as you’ve pointed out) a lot people do so because of His followers. We often come across as contentious hypocrites with a “we know it all” and “we’re better than y’all” attitude. That’s on us, not Him. If that yearning for Him ever returns, I really hope that you don’t let ‘us’ keep you from Him.
Best you re-read your own words..? . For you clearly implied RR is trying to convince someone, buy you weren't certain as to who. So dont try and deflect your faults onto others coz it's a lame approach, but not surprising that it comes from a christian. You seem to suffer the same problem that we encounter with TF49.
I tried to be polite and reply to your silly challenge with a simple and straightforward answer, repeating that I was not certain - which means that I do not know - which is not at all making any kind of assumption. Subsequently, you chose to attack and call names and - for the umpteenth time - try to pretend that you have the wonderful power to read the minds of others and know their motives, NOT.

So, now you will get something different in response to your silly, egotistical, insecure ant-Christian behavior. Either your reading comprehension really is LOUSY or you continue to deliberately misread/misinterpret others words so you can twist them and make some sneaky attack on the basis of falsehoods. It's an old, stupid game - and you don't do it very well. Your pettiness fools no one. I'm not uncertain about that.

You have always been a gentleman. Sometimes one must rip and tear. wink
I don't see it not in terms of who believes this or that, but what is true and factual regardless of who believes this or that.

The physical world doesn't care what we believe about it.

If evolution is true, for instance, it is true regardless of whether anyone 'believes in evolution' or not.
Originally Posted by DBT
I don't see it not in terms of who believes this or that, but what is true and factual regardless of who believes this or that.

The physical world doesn't care what we believe about it.

If evolution is true, for instance, it is true regardless of whether anyone 'believes in evolution' or not.

Correct, and it is hubris to think our belief actually matters to anything other than ourselves.
Either your reading comprehension really is LOUSY or you continue to deliberately misread/misinterpret others words so you can twist them and make some sneaky attack on the basis of falsehoods. It's an old, stupid game - and you don't do it very well. Your "implications" are of your own choosing and construction - you simply aren't smart enough to know the thoughts and intentions of others - let alone announce those.. And, your pettiness fools no one. I'm not uncertain about that.
[/quote]

This.
. Subsequently, you chose to attack and call names and -

re: names (plural)
Precisely what /how many names did I call you?

Either your reading comprehension really is
LOUSY or you continue to deliberately
misread/misinterpret others words.. .

Again my comprehension is just fine.,
but your choice of words/expression were poor.
But keep making lame deflective excuses.

Step.1/. First read your own words.^^^

Now, what compells you to believe and suggest RR
had any such motives?

there is distinct difference between saying -

"I'm not certain who you wish to convince".
(vs)
"I'm not certain if you wish to convince"

What you used is suggestive of motive to convince,
the other is uncertainty as to such motive.

So, now you will get something different in response
to your silly, egotistical, insecure
anti-Christian behavior.

You have been brainwashed to see yourself as a
christian victim and like many you bruise easily.
Ironbender will wipe your tears for you.

Guys, sorry but is it so very hard to just not pull up threads you have no desire to read?

So, the speech or discourse of others must be curtailed to spare the feelings of others.

Sounds rather "progressive" to me. I dont read threads im not interested in. Like shovel posts. Im not interested. Im not pissed at those who are.
Believing is not enough.
You have been brainwashed to see yourself as a christian victim and like many you bruise easily. Ironbender will wipe your tears for you.
Again you willingly reveal your silly and foolish self - again pretending to be the the psychoanalyst and mind reader - again trying to identify a victim , any victim, for your pointless negative crusade.

You don't even know if I am a Christian. And yeah, my feeble brain has really been washed - scrubbed by the old washerwoman - shiny and squeaky clean. .

You really are quite the fearsome bruiser, you are. But wait - look - why have I none? Wait again - maybe I'd enjoy seeing StellaHombre sporting one. Maybe I could help with that. Nah - too easy - no fun.
CCCC,
where are all those nasty names you allege
I called you?

produce the evidence or put your victim status
crazy imagination to rest.

your pointless negative crusade.

Crusade? .. LoL

No, I just called out your bullschitt
and you evidently have got all bent
out of shape going by the length
and vocabulary of your responses.
CCCC,where are all those nasty names you allegeI called you?produce the evidence or put your victim status crazy imagination to rest.
Silly boy - you called me a Christian - and other things.
CCCC,where are all those nasty names you allegeI called you?produce the evidence or put your victim status crazy imagination to rest.
Silly boy - you called me a Christian - and other things.

Christian is a nasty insulting term in your mind
Hmmm. OK.

What other apparently nasty names have
I put to you on this thread?

All this because you could not simply admit to
being wrong after misunderstanding your own
Post. .... TFF.. 😂

You really are quite the fearsome bruiser,

Not at all, I just don't suffer fools gladly.

Anyway thanks for the engagement
it has been fun.
You have been brainwashed to see yourself as a christian victim and like many you bruise easily. Ironbender will wipe your tears for you.
Again you willingly reveal your silly and foolish self - again pretending to be the the psychoanalyst and mind reader - again trying to identify a victim , any victim, for your pointless negative crusade.

You don't even know if I am a Christian. And yeah, my feeble brain has really been washed - scrubbed by the old washerwoman - shiny and squeaky clean. .

You really are quite the fearsome bruiser, you are. But wait - look - why have I none? Wait again - maybe I'd enjoy seeing StellaHombre sporting one. Maybe I could help with that. Nah - too easy - no fun.

This is why starfish is on ignore.
Again you
willingly reveal your silly and foolish self - again
pretending to be the the psychoanalyst and
mind reader - again trying to identify a victim , any victim, .

No mind reading involved.

You claimed you were attacked Which means
you identified yourself as a victim.

If that really escapes you, I seriously doubt
you have all your rational congintive mind
faculties in order.

So far I've only seen senseless rambling
from you in an attempt to deflect from
owning up to your errors.

Its a pattern of behavior you exhibit
when you start losing a tussle on the CF.
People and their dumb pride... go figure.

Haven't read all the replies, but I watched the video. With all the talk of "mouth" stuff, it appeared he was trying to say the devil got a BJ. No offense intended, it just seemed pretty far-fetched to me.
Far fetched is correct.
I'm not denying that evil is rampant in the world today; it always has been. We're just seeing more of it due to 24hr. "news" coverage and the internet. I'm hoping the realization of it turns more people to the Lord. That's not to deny that Christians, like any other group, do turn out a few with ideas that appear a bit goofy.
You know, the more I read about this Eve character, she seems to have been a real kgunt.
Again you
willingly reveal your silly and foolish self - again
pretending to be the the psychoanalyst and
mind reader - again trying to identify a victim , any victim, .

No mind reading involved.

You claimed you were attacked Which means
you identified yourself as a victim.

If that really escapes you, I seriously doubt
you have all your rational congintive mind
faculties in order.

So far I've only seen senseless rambling
from you in an attempt to deflect from
owning up to your errors.

Its a pattern of behavior you exhibit
when you start losing a tussle on the CF.
People and their dumb pride... go figure.

Reading your mind is like looking for a Ferrari in a box of Cracker Jacks, you can’t find something that just isn’t there.
You know, the more I read about this Eve character, she seems to have been a real kgunt.

Well she did eat the forbidden fruit and talked Adam into it as well which really pissed God off. And now we learn that she was fuggin the Debil.

She must have been a real kgunt.
Could be a fascinating gal - I would like to meet her and have a chat.
Is the Biblical story of Adam and Eve...and ‘the fall’...actual history, or is it allegory...? Were Adam and Eve two real people, or are they metaphors...for every man and every woman who has ever lived...?
If allegory, at what point did original sin come into the world? And if allegory, what need of a redeemer, Jesus, or a blood sacrifice?

Is the story of Jesus also allegory?

An allegorical redemption for an allegorical fall, where nothing really happened. Just another creation myth seeking to offer an explanation for suffering in the world and hope for something better?

I believe your mostly likely citing the Isaiah scroll which is the cherry picked gold standard for Christian apologetics. And yes your correct. But there's also found things like the Book of Giants in that find of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Where is that one in our Canon?
Epistle of Jude.
Originally Posted by DBT

You’re dead wrong.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by DBT

You’re dead wrong.

How so?
“All Scripture is inspired by God...” 2Timothy 3:16

I'm not saying Scripture isn't inspired by God.

Your quote from 2Timothy is not the way to prove it though.

It's kind of circular logic, quoting the texts you wish to prove true in order to prove them true sounds very much like what mom used to tell me.............

"Because I said it is"

It's kind of circular logic, quoting the texts you wish to prove true in order to prove them true sounds very much like what mom used to tell me.............

"Because I said it is"

Do you think the writers of what we call The New Testament considered their writing scripture? Timothy was talking about what we call The Old Testament.
Originally Posted by jdm953

"Because I said it is"

Do you think the writers of what we call The New Testament considered their writing scripture? Timothy was talking about what we call The Old Testament.

Well, if that's the case then when did Timothy's writings become "scripture".

"Because I said it is"

Well, if that's the case then when did Timothy's writings become "scripture".

Jesus was taught using the Hebrew scriptures.Jews teaching Jews until Paul took the gospel to the gentiles.
Jesus was taught using the Hebrew scriptures.
Jews teaching Jews until Paul took the gospel to the gentiles.
So he took the message of Jesus to the Gentiles without a Bible. Gentiles gave zero flips about the Hebrew Bible, and none of the books contained in the New Testament had even been written yet. But Gentiles learned that Jesus loved em’, and extended grace to em’...without a Bible bein’ involved at all.
Jesus was taught using the Hebrew scriptures.
Jews teaching Jews until Paul took the gospel to the gentiles.
So he took the message of Jesus to the Gentiles without a Bible. Gentiles gave zero flips about the Hebrew Bible, and none of the books contained in the New Testament had even been written yet. But Gentiles learned that Jesus loved em’, and extended grace to em’...without a Bible bein’ involved at all.

YES.

That is a human author writing under the name 'Timothy' who is making the claim. The history and development of the bible tells a different story.
Man for several millennia has invented and told
himself all kinds of convenient things to sooth
his fears and insecurities..Its a function of the
creative feeble human mind coping mechanism.

21st century, we still have christian kooks that
accuse folks of working for the devil, just like
their brainfart hysteria forefathers accused people
of being witches based on wacko superstitions.
© 24hourcampfire