Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gremcat
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Religion only really cares about "life" after death, and salvation doesn't require leading a "good life". What a terrible mindset to be introducing to young and malleable minds of children.
Christianity has as much or more to do with this life as it does the next.
Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by jaguartx
They rejected JESUS as GODS son and crucified HIM....

You fail to consider that the OT describes the prophesied Messiah,..
.. Jesus does not not meet the description.

Why do you ignore these problems?

If Christians were to ackowledge such incongruence
the basis of their faith crumbles.

have never seen a CF Christian address such
a fundamental flaw issue no matter how
many times it is raised,.. just goes straight
in the - T. F. H. - basket.

The elephant remains in the room no matter
how much they chose to ignore it, thus we are
left with a Faith based on pretence.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The inspired word of God is so ambiguous that people have argued fought over its meaning for centuries.....you'd think a mind capable of creating a universe would be clearer.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
The inspired word of God is so ambiguous that people have argued fought over its meaning for centuries.....you'd think a mind capable of creating a universe would be clearer.

I guess HE did that to distract lame brains from the good news. John 3:16. He let Christians discuss the rest of HIS message in order to help HIM see who needed salvation and who didnt, you know, to help seperate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. To let the world see who was for and who was against HIS word. whistle

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Going through a Jesus is trying to find
Salvation through a Proxy.

Other methods offer one the chance to save
Oneself and reach Nirvana.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by antlers

You also made an interesting statement that grace couldn't be earned - so that means it's a lotto draw?
The grace that God extends to us, through Jesus, can’t be earned. That’s my belief. If ‘you’ choose to see it as a “lotto draw”...cool. I’m fine with it.

Understood - it's a "carrot" to entice believers. Have to understand that there are also "lemons".

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You also made an interesting statement that grace couldn't be earned - so that means it's a lotto draw?
The grace that God extends to us, through Jesus, can’t be earned. That’s my belief. If ‘you’ choose to see it as a “lotto draw”...cool. I’m fine with it.
Understood - it's a "carrot" to entice believers.
If ‘you’ choose to see it that way...cool. I’m fine with that too.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

I guess HE did that to distract lame brains from the good news. John 3:16. He let Christians discuss the rest of HIS message in order to help HIM see who needed salvation and who didnt, you know, to help seperate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. To let the world see who was for and who was against HIS word. whistle

Or most likely, the bible as a collection of books that don't always agree with each other, contradictions, mistakes, absurdities, is nothing more than a testament to the beliefs of the people at the time the books were written....hence an angry god of war in early OT times and a God of Love in the minds of NT Christians.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
So, im glad to hear youre a good guy, mauser. Never cuss, swear, coveted, stole or had dirty thoughts or lied or... whoa. You say there is no GOD or Savior? Well, so much for not lying.

Ima put you in fer honorable mention, but your works wont do the job. Sorry, i dont make the rules. The big guy who made you does that. I agree, HIS rules arent worth a schat and you and i could do much better. Darn it, if weuns just made the rules.

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Jag and others. It is not the unbelievers who are afraid. Religion is there with all its promised comforts of the hereafter precisely because we as humans are afraid of death. So we try to soften it by making up stories of how wonderful it will all be after we die.

In actuality, it ought to be just the opposite. The reality is that when we die, we absolutely cease to exist. ALL the evidence says that we simply...stop. The good news is that we will never know we are dead. It would be impossible to be aware of anything, including that we are unaware. It is in fact exactly like falling asleep: we do not notice the moment when we stop being conscious precisely because we are unconscious.

That should be a comfort. It is a comfort to me. I think that if I were in fact able to "look back down upon myself" from soul height and realize that I was dead, it would be a horrific trauma. I'm confident that won't be the case, for which I am deeply grateful. The sad thing is that all you believers won't know you were wrong and none of those promises will happen. I won't know I'm right and you won't know you're wrong.

Lastly (and maybe I'll give this an everlasting rest, ha!) I will say that I am not an atheist. An atheist is an anti-religion zealot, just as eager to convert as the most fervent missionary. I am not that. I am simply a non-believer who was raised in the most rigorous Catholic way - until I started asking what seemed to be rational questions. And got what were patently absurd answers, one whopper after another to "explain away" every earlier whopper. And it all unraveled. I'm still pointing out the absurdities. And slyly smiling.

Rocky, I envy your eloquence.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Or most likely, the bible as a collection of books that don't always agree with each other, contradictions, mistakes, absurdities, is nothing more than a testament to the beliefs of the people at the time the books were written....hence an angry god of war in early OT times and a God of Love in the minds of NT Christians.

The apparent contradictions are to snag those really smart folks like you who can get everlasting life all by their own self.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/06/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Im out of this for today.

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
So, im glad to hear youre a good guy, mauser. Never cuss, swear, coveted, stole or had dirty thoughts or lied or... whoa. You say there is no GOD or Savior? Well, so much for not lying.

Ima put you in fer honorable mention, but your works wont do the job. Sorry, i dont make the rules. The big guy who made you does that. I agree, HIS rules arent worth a schat and you and i could do much better. Darn it, if weuns just made the rules.

I'm no different to anyone else. I otherwise follow moral standards that everyone expects to be also reflected back on them. God is man-made, so his rules come from us.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Understood - it's a "carrot" to entice believers.
If ‘you’ choose to see it that way...cool. I’m fine with that too.

You left off my comment about the "lemons" but I know you don't have an answer to that - just saying (for all to see).

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You left off my comment about the "lemons" but I know you don't have an answer to that - just saying (for all to see).
An “answer” to your comment about lemons...? In light of ‘all’ of the discussion that’s been going on here, *that* is what you choose to use in your feeble attempt at an ‘I gotcha’...!

laffin’

For ALL to see.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You clearly have a HUGE problem with my beliefs. While I have ZERO problem with yours.

lol

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by DBT
Religion only really cares about "life" after death,...
Jesus’ teachings of loving God, and showing your love for God ‘by’ loving others is clearly the polar opposite of your assertion.
...and salvation doesn't require leading a "good life".
That’s right...because grace can’t be earned...if it could be earned then it wouldn’t be grace. But, loving God, and showing your love for God ‘by’ loving others would certainly go towards leading a good life. Not done as often or as good as it should be, but the premise is still there. If the only thing motivating a person to be good and decent is the expectation of a divine reward, then that person likely has a bad theology.
What a terrible mindset to be introducing to young and malleable minds of children.
I think teaching children Jesus’ New Covenant commands is a great mindset for them to have.

There was a lot less strife in Chitcago, Portland and Seattle and less quuuers kissing on the streets and schietting on the streets 60 years ago in San Francisco before Christ was kicked out of school, and a lot less overdoses and suicide by young folks back then too. Fuggers werent kneeling on the field or rioting either. Prolly ust a coincidence though.
Know way those dumbassed sheep herders years ago could know. They ust made some lucky guesses by coincidence.
whistle wink

No way id trade our wonderful progress for Him, though. Nah, we got it too good now. Well, if that dumbassed believer Trump gets elected again anyway. grin

You're biased to making a link between religion and civil unrest whereas that link doesn't exist. There are other causes for the problems over there.

Sheesh. None are so blind as those who would not see.

Thats what the stiff necked jews said before being taken captive by ancient Babylon, Rome.

Thats what the empire of Israelites said as they degenerated into a degenerate nation under Jeroboam as they were being defeated and taken captive by the Assyrians.

There is a reason the Jews, Tribe of Judah, has experienced the curses they have suffered through.

Hey, God looks after His own chosen people well, really, really well....which is why they have suffered for thousands of years? Oh, wait, it must be that pesky free will thing at work.

Oh, gee. You mean HE doesnt treat those who rejected and killed HIS son the way you think HE should have done. Cry me a river.

Come on you hyoocrite. What would any real man, not a man like you, would do to those who tortured your son unmercifully and then killed him. Im sure as sweet as you are that you would have blessed them.

WTF are you talking about. By your own teachings, Christ did not die. He is immortal, omniscient, He is GOD. Christ simply went back home.

That is, if all you have been telling us the last many years is true.

It was all preordained, the script written millenia in advance by Christ/God himself. According to your past statements, it could have happened no other way.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
An “answer” to your comment about lemons...? In light of ‘all’ of the discussion that’s been going on here, *that* is what you choose to use in your feeble attempt at an ‘I gotcha’...!

laffin’

For ALL to see.

So you choose not to answer? You seem to have answers for everything else?

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
. What would any real man, do to those who tortured your son unmercifully and then killed him..

What kind of father throws his son under
the bus to be tortured and killed?.. especially
when Salvation is possible without Need for
such gruesome human blood sacrifice.

The christian blood sacrifice narrative sounds
very much like a backward primitive civilizations
method of appeasing deities.

Anyhow, It appears they killed the wrong man,
Jesus just found himself in the wrong place
at the wrong time. Christians didn't let it go
to waste and set about building a fable around
the ordinary unfortunate man.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You seem to have answers for everything else?
Well, ya’ know...you keep lobbin’ softballs...
It’s pretty easy to crush em’ out of the park.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,781
Posts18,515,729
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.