Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by jaguartx
They rejected JESUS as GODS son and crucified HIM.

Strain your ass out for satan all you want pal.

It's not that simple. You fail to consider that the OT describes the prophesied Messiah, or that Jesus does not not meet the description.

Why do you ignore these problems?

The thread title is outer space unfu-king believable...............so some cat with wings fly's in and out of heaven, bangs an apparent mortal whore [adams woman] gets directions, then fly's to, and is the automatic boss of hell for eternity. crazy

Trump Won!
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gunner500

The thread title is outer space unfu-king believable...............so some cat with wings fly's in and out of heaven, bangs an apparent mortal whore [adams woman] then gets location directions too, then fly's to, and is the automatic boss of hell for eternity. crazy

Why not...it is as believable as any of the rest of it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Starman

This? Coming from a guy that thinks a
KT who firmly believed in Christ created the
miracle of the Shroud of Turin but that Christ
is a myth?!

WTF is a 'KT'...?

And why are you making wild ass assumptions
about what I think?

Can you quote me regarding the Shroud of Turin?
coz your hairbrain claim don't make any sense.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Since you brought it up, baldhunter...

What began as a mass of ever-embellished verbal stories in Aramaic and other languages is finally collected in about the year 600, with about a third of them being discarded or rejected before being written down in ancient Greek. Later dubiously translated into ancient Latin and even more centuries later into Chaucerian English, early German, and other languages. Then continually revised, re-translated, abridged, and essentially re-written from scratch.

Until today, we are told to accept it word for word. (Coming soon: The Bible in Ebonics!)

But it’s the WORD OF GOD, they say. So is the Quran, the Talmud, as well as the texts of Buddhism, Taoism, and at least a dozen other “isms” of the thousands of other religions practiced in history and around the globe. Is yours the one and only “right” religion? Yes, say the believers of each and every one of them. Is your book the one and only word of god? Yes, say the believers of each and every one of them.

Yep

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by JSTUART

The thread title is outer space unfu-king believable...............so some cat with wings fly's in and out of heaven, bangs an apparent mortal whore [adams woman] then gets location directions too, then fly's to, and is the automatic boss of hell for eternity. crazy

Yes, there were adam and eve, they had cain and able, cain killed able, that leaves adam, eve and cain, if banging kinfolk is wrong in the book, where the fook did everyone else come from, the black? the chinaman, the dot head injuns, eskimos??????????????????

All animals on a big boat for 40 days and nights, what did they eat, where did they shlt? apparently there was plenty of water to drink,,,,,,,,,,everyone else in the world drown, here we are back to banging kin folk again.

Building a tower to the heavens, then all of a sudden all men on the work crew have a different language and cant communicate, yeah okay. crazy like they had that fu-king ladder in the right spot anyway, double fu-k me!

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by baldhunter
The Bible is written in symbolic language,also some books have been removed as well which leads to even more unanswered questions.
There ‘are’ questions. And I’m not disagreeing with you here. But what do ‘you’ think about the Bible that we ‘do’ have today...versed, chaptered, mapped, and wrapped..?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Yes, there were adam and eve, they had cain and able, cain killed able, that leaves adam, eve and cain, if banging kinfolk is wrong in the book, where the fook did everyone else come from, the black? the chinaman, the dot head injuns, eskimos??????????????????

All animals on a big boat for 40 days and nights, what did they eat, where did they shlt? apparently there was plenty of water to drink,,,,,,,,,,everyone else in the world drown, here we are back to banging kin folk again.

Building a tower to the heavens, then all of a sudden all men on the work crew have a different language and cant communicate, yeah okay. crazy like they had that fu-king ladder in the right spot anyway, double fu-k me!

Hey, it could happen...............

with enough inspiration.................

right?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
praise be and pass that offering platter Brother! wink

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

lmao

gunner500’s done some readin’ and/or some listenin’. And some contemplating.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

We havin' a pot luck after the services?

I was always bummed, we Catholics didn't do that often.

Sometimes when I was in Scouts, we had pancake breakfasts, but we never had no big baskets of fired chicken and homemade apple pies after the preachin'

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I've found the first four books of the New Testament to be a very valuable guide to approaching life no matter who wrote them, as good as anything else ever written, and following the advice therein is a definite path to happiness or contentment or whatever one's soul is searching for. The Old Testament has some gems scattered throughout but you gotta get through the slaughtering, adultery and all the good soap opera stuff to find it.

But - and not saying this just to debate or piss off anybody - one can also find equally good advice in the Dharma of Buddha and Taoist works as well, plus works of the stoic philosophers Marcus Aurelius and Epictetus. Heck, a fellow could do a lot worse than just reading Tolstoy's short stories. There are lots of others but these examples are among the ones I'm most familiar with.

I learned morality and ethics from Heinlein. LOL

I think the man would fit right in with this bunch.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jorgeI
So Eve prances around the forest, tatas (small, so there is rhat) akimbo and Bush pilot worthy snatch out there for Adam to see (and probably smell as this was before the days of Femenique). Eve gets pissed at Adam ignoring her so the Devil turns himself into a John Holmes look alike snake, bribes Eve with an apple (yeah, right), knocks the bottom out of her, so god gets pissed, throws them out of "Paradise" (no air conditioning, color TV, fast cars OR nice guns), makes them wear clothes and the rest is history? So where did the coloreds and the zips come from? riiight...Good post, Rock...

They WERE colored. Any student of Anthropology knows all mankind descended out of Africa.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” - Robert Heinlein

He was an insightful dude.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

....... if banging kinfolk is wrong in the book, where the fook did everyone else come from,.....

Exactly. If banging kinfolk was wrong, West Virginia would not exist.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad

We havin' a pot luck after the services?

I was always bummed, we Catholics didn't do that often.

Sometimes when I was in Scouts, we had pancake breakfasts, but we never had no big baskets of fired chicken and homemade apple pies after the preachin'

LOL, I would expect nothing less than 'fired chicken' at a religious meal ; ] sorry, couldn't resist.

I best clear out of this thread before a billy better than me from georgia shows up to inform me "maybe I wasn't a chosen one," or the other from out n.c. way asking, "why did you even stop by the thread if you don't believe?"

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by smokepole

....... if banging kinfolk is wrong in the book, where the fook did everyone else come from,.....

Exactly. If banging kinfolk was wrong, West Virginia would not exist.

laugh

Trump Won!
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
OldHat, my postulated Og didn't know a whole lot about orographic uplift, so he credited the appearance of clouds and rain to...well, something invisible up there. Which quickly morphed into somebody invisible up there. Somebody just like himself, but clearly all-powerful and all-knowing. In short, a god in his own image.

That's a scenario a whale of a lot more probable than any construct and web of highly improbable contradictions we made up to support the first manufactured one.

YES, and it has happened thousands upon thousands of times since humans first scratched on cavw walls with a charred stick.

Every discrete population inventing their own version of God. Because people are afraid of the unknown, and other people figure out how to profit from that fact. Religion was created to keep the Preisthood fat, happy, and well laid.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by antlers
You are assuming the supernatural does not exist.
No, I’m not. I’m pointing out that if man “voted out” a book that was inspired by God, that doesn’t negate the legitimacy of what we ‘do’ have in the Bible today. If man “voted out” a book that was inspired by God, that doesn’t mean that what we ‘do’ have in the Bible today isn’t equally inspired by God.

I agree.

If the Bible is inspired then God would supernaturally protect it's integrity.
I don’t know that. And you don’t know that. Although you can have your opinion on the matter.

God said he would protect His word. For me that is knowing. It's knowing because I act on that belief as if it were absolute truth. My job is not to make you believe anything.

Disciples called to make Disciples, the call of all Christians is to reach all.

If your referring to you can’t soften a hard heart then I’m with you.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Religion only really cares about "life" after death, and salvation doesn't require leading a "good life". What a terrible mindset to be introducing to young and malleable minds of children.

A lot of comments in this thread are based on how someone made their mind up long ago and our egos make it hard to openly consider any idea to the contrary. About like a favorite saying tying a current event to a prior emotion thereby allowing our brains to be absolved of the responsibility to reasonably consider the new unique event.

The comment above is worse than the misquotes, misinterpretations, and errors in general thrown as references throughout this thread. Christianity has as much or more to do with this life as it does the next.

Last edited by gremcat; 08/06/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gremcat
Disciples called to make Disciples, the call of all Christians is to reach all.
Thumpin’ a Bible at someone isn’t the only way to do that. It’s often a really awful way to do it.

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10ring1, 12344mag, 49 invisible), 2,844 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,755
Posts18,514,806
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.