Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Monterey County in Virginia is known as Little Switzerland. It's an absolutely beautiful country. Much like Big Sky Montana country but on a much smaller scale obviously.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/550-Maple-Sugar-Rd-Monterey-VA-24465/194472114_zpid/

Just got this as an email and figured I would share it. Our place in West Virginia is about 30 miles down the road... Northeast.

There was an interesting thread a while back about land values in different locations. We looked at Monterey extensively when we were searching for mountain land.

I get nothing from sharing this link except possibly a good neighbor somewhere down the road.

Last edited by CashisKing; 08/06/20. Reason: Typos.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
$4200 an acre is pretty steep for a democrat run state. YMMV

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Sure is beautiful and seems like a good price. Like the '63 Chevy in front of the shop.

Those green bills are quite a contrast to my place in arid Southwest Utah.

Old guy, old guns.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
I just paid 135 k for an acre in Idaho. I wish land was that cheap here

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Monterey County in Virginia is known as Little Switzerland. It's an absolutely beautiful country. Much like Big Sky Montana country but on a much smaller scale obviously.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/550-Maple-Sugar-Rd-Monterey-VA-24465/194472114_zpid/

Just got this as an email and figured I would share it. Our place in West Virginia is about 30 miles down the road... Northeast.

There was an interesting thread a while back about land values in different locations. We looked at Monterey extensively when we were searching for mountain land.

I get nothing from sharing this link except possibly a good neighbor somewhere down the road.

It would be 10k in NC

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

It would be 10k in NC

Same her in MONTGOMERY County, Virginia

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like a good place for your meth lab. Get you a couple of pits and you'll be set. Single wide is pretty sweet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
156 acres that joins me just came up for sale. $4500/acre. For rocky ground overgrown with sumac, hedge, and blackberry brambles and I think a couple meth labs on the far side of it.....

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Looks like a good place for your meth lab. Get you a couple of pits and you'll be set. Single wide is pretty sweet.

Once again you prove ignorance has no bounds...

Real expert on Highland County are ya?... Or just jacking off in the milk jug again...

Last edited by CashisKing; 08/06/20. Reason: Damn phone typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RemModel8
$4200 an acre is pretty steep for a democrat run state. YMMV

Are you and EE engaged or just living in sin?

Last edited by CashisKing; 08/06/20.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Land seems high in northern VA compared to SW Virginia. We've been looking at land in eastern Tennessee and it's pretty expensive when you find something nice over 3000'. I like Tennessee there's no state income tax and very few building restrictions compared to Virginia. We still might end up buying around High Knob Virginia, just because I hunt there and it's beautiful.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ribka
I just paid 135 k for an acre in Idaho. I wish land was that cheap here

No really you dont , cheap land grows fools lotsa fools !

You must have some high grade ore on your acre.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheesy
156 acres that joins me just came up for sale. $4500/acre. For rocky ground overgrown with sumac, hedge, and blackberry brambles and I think a couple meth labs on the far side of it.....
lolol Prolly some nice poison ivy and oak thrown in for no extry charge.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I just clicked on the link, very very nice.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Monterey is great.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Doesn't matter how beautiful and awesome Virginia is, anybody on our side of the fence that's planning on moving there is an idiot. People who already live there...I understand. Anybody planning on moving there though must be totally ignorant of the political situation that exists there. Unless y'all have a plan to restore Virginia to its former glory, you might as well move to Cali.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Looks pretty sweet Cash ! I got to be on saltwater, or a stones throw.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Doesn't matter how beautiful and awesome Virginia is, anybody on our side of the fence that's planning on moving there is an idiot. People who already live there...I understand. Anybody planning on moving there though must be totally ignorant of the political situation that exists there. Unless y'all have a plan to restore Virginia to its former glory, you might as well move to Cali.

Don't talk with your mouth full of dickk...

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Cheesy
lolol Prolly some nice poison ivy and oak thrown in for no extry charge.

You seem to live as a parasite with sole purpose of sucking the happiness from others.

Does this give you some perverse joy that you do not get from molesting kittens?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Looks pretty sweet Cash ! I got to be on saltwater, or a stones throw.

4 hrs from my cabin to Virginia Beach Sport Fishing center at Rudee inlet 5th least densely populated, and 15th highest average elevation of any county east of the Mississippi.
5 persons per square mile, 98.6% white (more like 99.5% in reality) county supervisors are chicken [bleep] cowards (as proven by their initial refusal to pass 2A sanctuary status and their subsequent change of heart when they realized the deputies wouldn't be able to keep them alive if they didn't vote yes). Sheriff and deputies are solid though ( as witnessed by ALL of them in support of being declared a 2A sanctuary county)
Over 30% of the county is in farmland with the bulk of the remaining land wooded mountain land.
Not one traffic signal in the entire county, or fast-food chain of any kind. One family dollar and two gas stations total. One in Monterey and one in McDowell.

Last edited by jackmountain; 08/06/20.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 3,083 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,896
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.