Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Cheesy
156 acres that joins me just came up for sale. $4500/acre. For rocky ground overgrown with sumac, hedge, and blackberry brambles and I think a couple meth labs on the far side of it.....
lolol Prolly some nice poison ivy and oak thrown in for no extry charge.

You evidently have been over it already. Last year my boy and the neighbor kid were shirtless. Chopping some long dead elm log down that’s in the fence line. 2 days later my boy is swelled up like a tick. Covered in poison ivy. He must have been rolling in it to get the coverage in his body. Poor kid. He now knows, leaves of three...

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ribka
I just paid 135 k for an acre in Idaho. I wish land was that cheap here

Whereabouts?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by EdM

Whereabouts?

north of Hayden right by lake

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was gonna guess waterfront.

Grandma still has her place on Pend 'Oreille. Around 100' of waterfront, +$10k per foot for her neighborhood(or was it 20k?) either way whoever buys generally tears down the existing and builds new.

Crazy.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM

Whereabouts?

north of Hayden right by lake

Nice area. Not far from me.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I believe that is Highland county is it not?

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by WPAHunter50

Correct, Monterey is the town.

My bad in the title being wrong.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RemModel8
$4200 an acre is pretty steep for a democrat run state. YMMV

Monterey is the town, Highland is the county. Highland County VA is one of exactly 3 counties in the entire US that as of the last census was 100% white....that take the sting out?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Looks pretty sweet Cash ! I got to be on saltwater, or a stones throw.

4 hrs from my cabin to Virginia Beach Sport Fishing center at Rudee inlet 5th least densely populated, and 15th highest average elevation of any county east of the Mississippi.
5 persons per square mile, 98.6% white (more like 99.5% in reality) county supervisors are chicken [bleep] cowards (as proven by their initial refusal to pass 2A sanctuary status and their subsequent change of heart when they realized the deputies wouldn't be able to keep them alive if they didn't vote yes). Sheriff and deputies are solid though ( as witnessed by ALL of them in support of being declared a 2A sanctuary county)
Over 30% of the county is in farmland with the bulk of the remaining land wooded mountain land.
Not one traffic signal in the entire county, or fast-food chain of any kind. One family dollar and two gas stations total. One in Monterey and one in McDowell.
Hamilton County NY is the least populated county East of the Mississippi at 3 people PSM and is 97.7% white.. It is nearly the size of the state of Delaware with a total population of roughly 4,600. It lies completely within the boundaries of the Adirondack park and is predominantly public forest land.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice looking area but i dont think ill confuse it with switzerland

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by WPAHunter50

Correct, Monterey is the town.

My bad in the title being wrong.

Where us that relative the the little tooth on WV.
East or west?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I live about 30 mins south of Monterey. $4200 an acre is way steep. You can do better. Lots of retired military and CIA moving in. They have changed the whole makeup of the county. I have a couple places I hunt in Highland, some of the best folks in the world live there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart

4 hrs from my cabin to Virginia Beach Sport Fishing center at Rudee inlet 5th least densely populated, and 15th highest average elevation of any county east of the Mississippi.
5 persons per square mile, 98.6% white (more like 99.5% in reality) county supervisors are chicken [bleep] cowards (as proven by their initial refusal to pass 2A sanctuary status and their subsequent change of heart when they realized the deputies wouldn't be able to keep them alive if they didn't vote yes). Sheriff and deputies are solid though ( as witnessed by ALL of them in support of being declared a 2A sanctuary county)
Over 30% of the county is in farmland with the bulk of the remaining land wooded mountain land.
Not one traffic signal in the entire county, or fast-food chain of any kind. One family dollar and two gas stations total. One in Monterey and one in McDowell.
Hamilton County NY is the least populated county East of the Mississippi at 3 people PSM and is 97.7% white.. It is nearly the size of the state of Delaware with a total population of roughly 4,600. It lies completely within the boundaries of the Adirondack park and is predominantly public forest land.

Sounds like paradise Blackheart!

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Bperdue21
I live about 30 mins south of Monterey. $4200 an acre is way steep. You can do better. Lots of retired military and CIA moving in. They have changed the whole makeup of the county. I have a couple places I hunt in Highland, some of the best folks in the world live there.

I showed a friend of mine a listing yesterday for 122 acres for $175,000 in Highland.

And yes, some of the best folks in the world. When you're friends with a native Highlander you're like a family member. Unfortunately, I'm not from the branch of the family that ended up over there.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Sounds like paradise Blackheart!
It ain't too bad though I suppose some folks would get bored driving for miles and miles and miles and not seeing anything but public forest land open to hunting by anyone with a license.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Might have the least population density, but there are less than 2500 people in Highland County VA.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Might have the least population density, but there are less than 2500 people in Highland County VA.
Highland county is 416 square miles. Hamilton county is 1800 square miles.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Right. There are less people in Highland County VA, less population density in Hamilton County.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Nice looking area but i dont think ill confuse it with switzerland

Lol. Good one.

Ouray, Colorado

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Right. There are less people in Highland County VA, less population density in Hamilton County.

OK so we'll put it like this. Hamilton county is the least DENSELY populated County in the East.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 2,634 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,079
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.