Hop To
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by lvmiker
PB will continue to dig his grave w/ his mouth. Anyone dull enough to equate CG law enforcement w/ the daily life of a metropolitan street cop will not know when it is a good time to retreat and seek cover.

mike r

Another person who is quick to make a general quip but not delve into specifically what I said that won't work. And for those who are literate, they have read many times that I am not equating maritime LE with street LE. I am saying that some of the skills and tactics transfer and have explained certain instances in which they will. Several members who are dead certain I am wrong are intent on avoiding direct conversation. There's a reason for that.

My general quip illustrates that , despite your quest for relevancy, you have no training or experience to support your rainbow striped theories on dealing w/ resisting felons in an environment totally hostile to LE or the norms of decent society. You have chosen to bloviate outside of the reality in which the incident occurred and with which you have exactly zero knowledge. It may be the time that a thinking person might decide to STFU. Skills and tactics transfer appropriately among the problem solvers that understand reality. Those that don't live the life should recognize their inadequacies. ty it.

mike r

Look, another person avoiding specifics. I am really good at this.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Billy, you are speaking in generalities rather than specifics. I suspect that is purposeful. If you want to take a specific comment that I have made and tell me how or why it wouldn't have worked in the referenced situation, I'll be happy to have that discussion with you.

Paul,

Outside of your pedal biker threads, I have made it a point not to call you names or bust your chops unnecessarily. I respect the fact you come on here and take the heat for putting on pink spandex and a helmet and giving it your all, and then bandying words back and forth.

I speak in "generalities" in regards to your approach to LE, because your approach to LE in a general sense is fugged up. I've played this game before, I specify a situation and who/what/why it and then what I said in regards to a specific situation at that exact time and place, gets transposed to an approach to a totally different situation where that response might or might not be appropriate. I had a whole big thing typed up, but then realized it still didn't explain it plain enough.

Bottom line, when you pin on a badge and take the oath, the taxpayers aren't paying you to be a puzzy. You are expected to step up and do the job. If your response to an aggressive contact is to retreat and call for backup then I am glad you are retired. That being said, you are not Judge Dredd. That is why LE is such a demanding job, and requires so much of it's folks. You need to be able to go up and down the use of force continuum at a moments notice, and be right EVERY time.

I'd be happy to buy you a White Claw or dessert coffee and visit further, but this is as specific as I'm going to get.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Billy, you are speaking in generalities rather than specifics. I suspect that is purposeful. If you want to take a specific comment that I have made and tell me how or why it wouldn't have worked in the referenced situation, I'll be happy to have that discussion with you.

Paul,

Outside of your pedal biker threads, I have made it a point not to call you names or bust your chops unnecessarily. I respect the fact you come on here and take the heat for putting on pink spandex and a helmet and giving it your all, and then bandying words back and forth.

I speak in "generalities" in regards to your approach to LE, because your approach to LE in a general sense is fugged up. I've played this game before, I specify a situation and who/what/why it and then what I said in regards to a specific situation at that exact time and place, gets transposed to an approach to a totally different situation where that response might or might not be appropriate. I had a whole big thing typed up, but then realized it still didn't explain it plain enough.

Bottom line, when you pin on a badge and take the oath, the taxpayers aren't paying you to be a puzzy. You are expected to step up and do the job. If your response to an aggressive contact is to retreat and call for backup then I am glad you are retired. That being said, you are not Judge Dredd. That is why LE is such a demanding job, and requires so much of it's folks. You need to be able to go up and down the use of force continuum at a moments notice, and be right EVERY time.

I'd be happy to buy you a White Claw or dessert coffee and visit further, but this is as specific as I'm going to get.

Good enough brother!

There is a lot of reading out there on tactical disengagement or retreat. It is often the best course of action when doing so won't further endanger yourself or others. I am not the only person who see value in its APPROPRIATE use. It is going to become more prevalent in training, use and organizational acceptance.

Brown/Wilson. It is important to note that I am not criticizing Wilson. He was in a highly charged deadly force situation and was likely very amped up. If he had remained in his unit after the initial confrontation, confirmed back up was coming, maintained visual contact with Brown, and engaged once he had back-up he would be better off today. In fact I think we can all agree that much would be better today had he waited. There was very little risk in doing so, and much potential for gain. We have to be willing to review and learn from these situations or we are doomed to repeat them.

You mentioned the taxpayers. We do indeed have to be good stewards of their hard earned dollars.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Paul, phucqk man it ain't working!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Mental note:

Do not take opinions from PaulBarnard.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I did a post on Karelian Bear Dogs a week ago or so.

Somewhere in the responses or supplemental reading I forget, someone mention the delta between a wolf and a dog... as well as a coyote and a domesticated dog.

The gist of the conversation was that a wolf or coyote has spent its entire life killing for a living. It knows nothing else and it has no compunction whatsoever about killing. It does it to survive and it is perfectly moral and Perfectly Natural for a wolf and a coyote to kill. It's actually unnatural for them not to.

As a Christian I believe that all human life is sacred and from birth all children are born as Innocents.

At some point in time people diverge from that innocence.

Some people are raised by parents learning right from wrong and spending a career in a white man's world such as the Coast Guard. I am not bashing the Coast Guard I am just saying it is a proper moral respectable and responsible trade where in 98% of the people you run into on the open ocean are damn glad to see you.

The opposite of those are the human beings that are raised with no morality at all... have no father figures and have no guiding forces in their life whatsoever except murderers and criminals. Obviously these individuals become coyotes and wolves and equally obvious they Prey Upon the weak for their very survival. These people would put a knife in your ribs as easy as they would smoke a cigarette. That makes them subhuman...

Many might consider it a reasonable fight to allow their German Shepherd to engage with a wolf. Or their Assiedoodle to engage with a coyote. It is not. The wolf and the coyote have no sense whatsoever of domestication.

This is not a bash upon you Paul... in reality I applaud your Noble intent and you're compunction to always do the right thing. The point that I'm trying to make is that you are more of a domesticated American then a cold blooded natural vermin and you seem naive in what Vermin do for a living.

There's an old military joke that says if you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck.

The overhaul of policing that will come in many cities either through defunding of the police or expecting social workers to do work they are incapable of doing or some special hands off chamomile tea and scented candle approach to detaining the Gorge Floyd's of the world is going to get thousands of people killed. I genuinely expect the murder rates in cities like Minneapolis or Chicago or Richmond Virginia or Portland OR Seattle to double or more... in the next 2 years.

And in the "put on your tinfoil hat world"... I believe this is all deliberate in an attempt to disarm the American people before the actual coup d'etat occurs. In other words, I believe the doubling of the murder rate or worse that we are about to see is deliberate by the power Brokers of the world and that the victims of these murders are just sacrificial unknown Pawns to those that will disarm us, dissolve the Constitution that you (and I) so love... and eventually enslave the citizenry in a new world order dictatorship.

Last edited by CashisKing; 08/07/20. Reason: Damn phone typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The Bible’s says all people are born sinners.

Not innocents.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave

Not innocents.

You win...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Somewhere in the responses or supplemental reading I forget, someone mention the delta between a wolf and a dog... as well as a coyote and a domesticated dog.

The gist of the conversation was that a wolf or coyote has spent its entire life killing for a living. It knows nothing else and it has no compunction whatsoever about killing. It does it to survive and it is perfectly moral and Perfectly Natural for a wolf and a coyote to kill. It's actually unnatural for them not to.

As a Christian I believe that all human life is sacred and from birth all children are born as Innocents.

Some people are raised by parents learning right from wrong and spending a career in a white man's world such as the Coast Guard. I am not bashing the Coast Guard I am just saying it is a proper moral respectable and responsible trade where in 98% of the people you run into on the open ocean are damn glad to see you.

The opposite of those are the human beings that are raised with no morality at all... have no father figures and have no guiding forces in their life whatsoever except murderers and criminals. Obviously these individuals become coyotes and wolves and equally obvious they Prey Upon the weak for their very survival. These people would put a knife in your ribs as easy as they would smoke a cigarette. That makes them subhuman...

Many might consider it a reasonable fight to allow their German Shepherd to engage with a wolf. Or their Assiedoodle to engage with a coyote. It is not. The wolf and the coyote have no sense whatsoever of domestication.

This is not a bash upon you Paul... in reality I applaud your Noble intent and you're compunction to always do the right thing. The point that I'm trying to make is that you are more of a domesticated American then a cold blooded natural vermin and you seem naive in what Vermin do for a living.

There's an old military joke that says if you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck.

The overhaul of policing that will come in many cities either through defunding of the police or expecting social workers to do work they are incapable of doing or some special hands off chamomile tea and scented candle approach to detaining the Gorge Floyd's of the world is going to get thousands of people killed. I genuinely expect the murder rates in cities like Minneapolis or Chicago or Richmond Virginia or Portland OR Seattle to double or more... in the next 2 years.

And in the "put on your tinfoil hat world"... I believe this is all deliberate in an attempt to disarm the American people before the actual coup d'etat occurs. In other words, I believe the doubling of the murder rate or worse that we are about to see is deliberate by the power Brokers of the world and that the victims of these murders are just sacrificial unknown Pawns to those that will disarm us, dissolve the Constitution that you (and I) so love... and eventually enslave the citizenry in a new world order dictatorship.

Personally I think a good rule of thumb is that if a politician wants it then it is bad for the rest of us.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Not innocents.

You win...

We have a bunch of leftover trophies from the Community track meet last year. I'll mail you one.

Is your preference 1/2 kilometer or the full 1k?

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

We have a bunch of leftover trophies from the Community track meet last year. I'll mail you one.

Is your preference 1/2 kilometer or the full 1k?

It's not about recognition.

It's about understanding the teachings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Personally I think a good rule of thumb is that if a politician wants it then it is bad for the rest of us.

Probably not the worst generalization. What does Trump want this morning? Probably bad for the rest of us.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wish I could write and explain to someone "you don't have a clue" as thoroughly and politely as you did. A very well written and well thought out response.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Probably not the worst generalization. What does Trump want this morning? Probably bad for the rest of us.
What do think of what Nancy, Chuck, and Obama want for us? Not going to ask about Biden because he doesn't know.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He wants you lesbians to stop trying to use the men’s restroom.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Probably not the worst generalization. What does Trump want this morning? Probably bad for the rest of us, treasonous anti-American, left wing democrats.

Fixed it for you.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
At the end of the day the officers arresting Gentle George used the lowest level of force they could use on an active resistant subject.

The veterans will attest to using the same techniques 100’s of times over the span of two decades.

The city will be shown to have trained the officers to use the technique.

Graham vs Connor will solidify that an officer does not have the luxury of hindsight and that they have no obligation to stop the arrest based on unknown medical issues.

Everything else people say is emotionally driven garbage. AKA horse schit.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
At the end of the day the officers arresting Gentle George used the lowest level of force they could use on an active resistant subject.

The veterans will attest to using the same techniques 100’s of times over the span of two decades.

The city will be shown to have trained the officers to use the technique.

Graham vs Connor will solidify that an officer does not have the luxury of hindsight and that they have no obligation to stop the arrest based on unknown medical issues.

Everything else people say is emotionally driven garbage. AKA horse schit.

But Chauvin had his hands in his pockets

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by Springcove
The fact someone is trying to compare being in the coast guard policing and an inner city cop being a policeman is laugh out loud funny. Talk about apples and oranges. Thanks needed the laugh this morning.

I have been very clear in stating that the tactics don't always translate. If I have made a specific comment with which you disagree, comment on that.

I disagree with your whole premise. You were in the coast guard!!! You have never worked as an inner city cop so you have zero experience as to what the hell you’re talking about. Is that plain enough for you?

What LE experience do you have that places you in a position to state that with any degree of authority? It's borderline hilarious that people that never had the stones to do the job are telling me I am ill qualified to make a comment. I'll point out again that you are dabbling in generalities rather than discussing specifics. There's a reason for that.

Aye Aye Captain Blood... You keep believing all that coast guard training would have made a difference and I will keep laughing at you because you do. I’m obviously not the only one who is. But hey you have a great day.

“Yo Ho and Blow the Man Down”...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Actually Paul, you are criticizing Wilson, and almost in the same breath exposing yourself as a narcissist by relaying your CG experience. Then trying to down play that by qualifying to everyone that CG LE is nothing like an inner city patrol cop. The simple fact is. Guys on the street don't have the luxury of backing off and waiting for back up. Let's take Wilson/Brown.....we have an individual who has already assaulted an officer and attempted to disarm him. First where do you think the liability falls if that same suspect is allowed to continue his tirade on the public while an officer "patiently maintains distant contact" while waiting for back up? Give your writings here I am quite certain you would sleep very soundly if that same subject killed some granny while you were waiting for back up instead of engaging him. You and I aren't the same.

In fact for a large part of my career many, many times my closest back up was 30-40 minutes away and that was only if the State Police had some one on that side of the county.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,820
Posts18,516,691
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.