Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I need to up my post count

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Actually Paul, you are criticizing Wilson, and almost in the same breath exposing yourself as a narcissist by relaying your CG experience. Then trying to down play that by qualifying to everyone that CG LE is nothing like an inner city patrol cop. The simple fact is. Guys on the street don't have the luxury of backing off and waiting for back up. Let's take Wilson/Brown.....we have an individual who has already assaulted an officer and attempted to disarm him. First where do you think the liability falls if that same suspect is allowed to continue his tirade on the public while an officer "patiently maintains distant contact" while waiting for back up? Give your writings here I am quite certain you would sleep very soundly if that same subject killed some granny while you were waiting for back up instead of engaging him. You and I aren't the same.

In fact for a large part of my career many, many times my closest back up was 30-40 minutes away and that was only if the State Police had some one on that side of the county.

He doesn't have a clue. If he did actually encounter crime during his career it would have been aboard a fast boat in the company of plenty of help with no hostile crowd gathering and catcalling to build up nerve to intervene. You and I have done it both ways, with an isolated criminal and plenty of backup, and out in the boondocks on foot one on one or even one on multiple with a subject that could just run off and continue his criminal life if we "disengaged". No need to discourse with him any further.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Actually Paul, you are criticizing Wilson, and almost in the same breath exposing yourself as a narcissist by relaying your CG experience. Then trying to down play that by qualifying to everyone that CG LE is nothing like an inner city patrol cop. The simple fact is. Guys on the street don't have the luxury of backing off and waiting for back up. Let's take Wilson/Brown.....we have an individual who has already assaulted an officer and attempted to disarm him. First where do you think the liability falls if that same suspect is allowed to continue his tirade on the public while an officer "patiently maintains distant contact" while waiting for back up? Give your writings here I am quite certain you would sleep very soundly if that same subject killed some granny while you were waiting for back up instead of engaging him. You and I aren't the same.

In fact for a large part of my career many, many times my closest back up was 30-40 minutes away and that was only if the State Police had some one on that side of the county.

Fantastic post and thank you for your service. I did not in any way mean to sidetrack this thread. I just found Paul’s posts funny. All of you stay safe and have a great day.

Well except all you liberal twits...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Plain and simple George Floyd sold drugs to children! He should have been strung up by the neck until dead on a public street for all drug dealers to see and ANYONE who sales drugs should receive the same punishment! Problem is we live in a pussy society where criminals who destroy the lives of children have more rights than the children they are destroying

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Unfortunately the kinder gentler world of police work that PB advocates is probably the future. Politicians will castrate street cops in many areas by removing tools and tactics that work and cops will become much less aggressive in trying to limit the power of the savages among us.

Paul spoke theoretically of de escalation of volatile situations as if it is little used. Every good street cop I ever knew, even those that liked a good fight, was very adept at gerbil voodoo and constantly honed his vocabulary and maximized his command presence. This is nothing new. But when you tell some slobbering, drug crazed awhole to do something he better believe that you mean it and that he will never, ever win.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

We've already seen that dumbass liberal model. It's called Parkland.

Yeah. It failed.. hideously.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Trystan
Plain and simple George Floyd sold drugs to children! He should have been strung up by the neck until dead on a public street for all drug dealers to see and ANYONE who sales drugs should receive the same punishment! Problem is we live in a pussy society where criminals who destroy the lives of children have more rights than the children they are destroying

Trystan

Light poles.. Multi-purpose light poles.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
We've already seen that dumbass liberal model. It's called Parkland.Yeah. It failed.. hideously.
Did it ever FAIL. Perfect example of why you don't disengage and wait on backup. If I was that school deputy I would either shoot myself or change my name and move far far away.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I’m glad Floyd didn’t resist .

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hastings
We've already seen that dumbass liberal model. It's called Parkland.Yeah. It failed.. hideously.
Did it ever FAIL. Perfect example of why you don't disengage and wait on backup. If I was that school deputy I would either shoot myself or change my name and move far far away.

I'm not going to condone what that deputy did but that was protocol until post-Columbine.

And BCSO never trained their people on the new protocols.

That's why Israel was removed as he should have been.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

I'm not going to condone what that deputy did but that was protocol until post-Columbine.

Absolutely correct. Scott Israel is right at the helm of responsibility for Parkland.

If you're streaming Fox News, you will be amazed at the number of "Reinstate Scott Israel" ads being run. Where the hell is all that money coming from?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave

That begs the question of whether he was actually stupid or another administrator that doesn't believe in "warrior cops".

We are 20 years past columbine. It's hard to believe an agency that size has not been trained on current standards and protocols. Christ even the itty bitty agencies in our county have had most of their guys go to active shooter trainings.

Was Israel in the CG?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (6mmbrfan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,581 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,962
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.