Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Nope

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes. I had a BC moose/mountain caribou combo hunt in late September that isn't going to happen and has been bumped until next year. I hope.

F U COVID!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by szihn
Nope

Nope nope nope

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, indirectly. Lost out on an out o state hog hunt due to company policy. They required 2 week quarantine if you went out of state at that time. Was not willing to quarantine, so porky got a pass.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yes, it messed up my spring turkey hunt. I drew the 1st week in Michigan but Governor Half-wit had us all under house arrest and threatened to fine people traveling too far.

The the DNR allowed everyone to convert their license to a statewide universal hunt for a month.

So I hunted a day down home in SE Michigan but went up for a few days to where I usually stay albeit a month later. The gobbling that late wasn’t nearly as good.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by jfruser
Yes, indirectly. Lost out on an out o state hog hunt due to company policy. They required 2 week quarantine if you went out of state at that time. Was not willing to quarantine, so porky got a pass.

Just curious. How does the company know if you've been out of state?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yesterday morning I had a group of seven bucks in my back yard. They all had very large racks 8, 10, 12 point. This is the first time I saw a group of bucks.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep. My son and I had planned a spring bear hunt here in Idaho but, at the time, we could not enter the state. I have a 16 day BC goat, moose and elk hunt that is supposed to start the 26th of August that I don't see happening.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Only in that I’m REALLY looking forward to spending every day in Oct., Nov. and first half of Dec. in the woods hunting. Actually, hunting is only an excuse for getting away as I really don’t care to shoot a buck.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by doubletap

Sure, I could have lied or obfuscated.

But I have been blessed with a good & honest man as a supervisor. Not going to start lying to him now and don't want to put him in a bind. He is a believer in the system, so can hardly conceive of being lied to by gov't or superiors. Also, I do my best to pay back like with like, on the individual and group level.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I had made a reservation for a KY deer hunt, luckily the Covid virus shutdowns occurred before the first payment was due. Will just have to see what 2012 brings, hopefully the virus situation will have settled down by then.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, I believe less non-residents applied so we were drawn.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I didn't pull an elk tag, that's what's affecting my fall plans, not some China virus. I gotta figure sumthing out.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
All our group drew buck tags in CO - my assumption is fewer applicants.

The ridges, hillsides & canyons on public Land where I chase elk have not sent me a cancellation. So I expect this will be an enjoyable season.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by doubletap

Sure, I could have lied or obfuscated.

But I have been blessed with a good & honest man as a supervisor. Not going to start lying to him now and don't want to put him in a bind. He is a believer in the system, so can hardly conceive of being lied to by gov't or superiors. Also, I do my best to pay back like with like, on the individual and group level.

Good answer in my book. Trust takes a long time to build and seconds to loose.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I had made a reservation for a KY deer hunt, luckily the Covid virus shutdowns occurred before the first payment was due. Will just have to see what 2012 brings, hopefully the virus situation will have settled down by then.

You can probably find the 2012 harvest numbers online.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All I have planned for this Fall/Winter is Predator calling. As long as fuel is available I'm good

Coyotes shot no waiting.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Southwest cancelled our flight from Nashville to Denver, but we were considering driving to elk camp anyway.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Yes and no. I had my application pretty well figured out shoulda gotten my second choice hunt but didn’t because of increased demand.

I’m convinced that guys were home locked down during application season and decided that their long postponed trip was gonna happen this year.

That’s ok I’ll shoot deer around here and have a full freezer.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yep.
A spring turkey hunt and fall bear hunt.

Wyoming November deer hunt is still on.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,413
Posts18,470,468
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.