Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#15126175 08/10/20
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I sent a youth shotgun to a friend in Dallas TX from Houston TX on Wednesday the 5th 2-Day Domestic and they said it would be there by Saturday the 8th, but it did not show up on Saturday, and over the weekend when you track it it said Unavailable but today it says in Transit and still has not been delivered?

Has anyone ever seen this Unavailable notice when tracking a USPS package?

Tracy

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have probably shipped or received 50 rifles and 100 scopes using USPS (always Priority) and rarely this happens. I always figured it got on the wrong truck. Bet it arrives safely just a day or two late.

Repeat- Use Priority......

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It’s the USPO. ANYTHING can happen. Good luck. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I shipped a rifle from VA to TN and it arrived today, 4 days later than expected. The tracking info showed up as "unavailable" for a day or 2, and "in transit arriving late" for another couple days. Don't sweat it yet and hopefully it all works out!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have a package coming from 3 Rivers Archery. 10 days ago via Priority Air. Still not here. Have opened a tracking case. It’ll do no good cause they just don’t care.

I have 3 other packages coming that are in excess of 5 days late.

I loathe the bastards. I even wrote my Congressman about this crap. They need to fold and contract the whole mess to UPS.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not a rifle, but lately, several packages have just disappeared for a day or two using USPS.

God Bless,
David B.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I'm waiting for a rifle stock that was shipped on 7/28 via Two Day Priority. The tracking number only shows it leaving the originating PO. Sender checked on it today and reported that it is sitting in Shreveport. Less than 100 miles from where it started.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The last 3 packages I have had shipped have been 2 day and it has taken an average of 10 days. I have one unavailable now.

Yes, The USPS sucks.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Happens all the time! That’s why I hate using Usps.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I used to run a business with shipping and can think of one lost package out of thousands of items with USPS. I don't think people give them enough credit. Fed Ex and UPS are way worse. Fed Ex left my wife's engagement ring and $500 Steelers playoff tickets on the front porch when there was a signature required. The tickets were laying in the snow in paper mailer. I once watched a UPS driver load up a dolly passed his head of fragile item boxes only to have them fall over and then dumb sh*t did it again and they all fell over again. I thought I was on one of those hidden camera shows.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Just received a parcel from reno nevada scheduled for saturday delivery arrived day early. It is not all doom and gloom.With covid-19 rampant all over the nation you ought to give the USPS A LITTLE BIT OF A BREAK. They are handling more packages per day than they ever have done before. Fed X and UPS COMBINED DO NOT HANDLE WHAT THE USPS DELIVERS IN A YEAR. Delays are going to happen with the covid-19 pandemic. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon. If Trump has his way and the USPS does not get the funding it needs the USPS will be closings its doors and you all can complain about whoever replaces them. I for one think they are doing a great job in these perilous times.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I bought one from cdnn once supose to go to GA ended up in Montana .It took two weeks to show up .I finally got it .

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Millions of people stuck at home shopping online. [bleep] is slower than usual. It'll show up soon.

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
I had a scope I had purchased lost for months once. It finally arrived and in good condition. They said it had been put in a crate by mistake and would eventually show up. They had no clue where it was. I had just told the shipper to file a claim and it showed up the next day. Gotta have plenty of patience especially with todays problems.

God Bless, Louis

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Two rifle barrels shipped priority, two rifle barrels lost in the mail. One finally made it after 30+ days and filed insurance claim. Second one is on day 39 right now. I should have gone to UPS after the first barrel fiasco, but there only open between 4-6 pm Mon-Fri and 20 miles away.

I refunded the money on the first barrel and at least the guy was honest enough to pay me for it when he got it. Insurance was denied by USPS because I couldn't prove that a Bartline barrel was worth $300 even though I submitted all the correspondence on our agreed upon price. I even had pictures of the barrel and how I packaged it.

Second barrel is just out there as well, and have been denied the insurance again. Even though I submitted all the correspondence again from when I purchased it. Sent it to a buddy free of charge, and I'm only out a $150 + shipping, I just feel bad as it was the last thing needed to finish my buddies AR build.

Local postmaster says guaranteed delivery is just a suggestion now with covid19.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Last month I waited 7 days for 500 45 colt brass to ship from Houston Tx to Missouri , 2nd day Priority ,but it did arrive in perfect condition

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prescription meds being shipped from Express Scripts in St.Louis to Savannah.. been in route for 20 days, the past 15 in Chicago.

USPS sucks big time!

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ship flower all the time...

Only going thru Michigan do I have delays.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
USPS works well here, things often arrive faster than expected. That is the way I send most everything.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sent a package Friday from WA to Ohio and it arrived today.
I once had a package destroyed and partly my fault as the used box was not the best.
Filed a claim and had it denied three times but the last time I doubled sure I had included everything they wanted and included a letter stating so and that I would continue to elevate the issue until it was satisfactorily resolved.
Received payment in a week.

The key to winning in everything is persistency!!!!!!

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 51 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,641
Posts18,474,477
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.