Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I gotta throw in one for the USPS as well, up here in rural Alaska the big name shippers cost more, and are way slower. Priority mail chugs on through, the big name brands transfer to third class mail for the last leg up here and consider the package delivered.

GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
If USPS and the common carrier suck so badly, you can pay more for fedex custom critical, it costs but has been 100% for thousands of packages my company sends, but it really costs.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've yet to experience a problem with usps.Now fedex is another story.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
USPS has stated that due to COVID and the increase in online shopping it has caused that they are having trouble delivering items quickly.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I used to think USPS was the worst until we got a new FedEx driver for our area.

I'm convinced he must have skipped the How-to-read-a-home-address session in orientation...

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Turkeywhisperer
Use registered mail, it costs more but is way more secure,requires a signature at each hand off and it is kept separated from the rest of the mail.

This. ^^^^^ Using Priority mail, anything insured for more than $500 gets same treatment as above. Have had multiple USPS packages go AWOL. One more than 3 months. However, other than a one or two day delay, no issues with anything insured for $600 or more. And tracking has always worked...

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ClassyCanids
USPS has stated that due to COVID and the increase in online shopping it has caused that they are having trouble delivering items quickly.

They sucked before the pandemic and now there even worse!

Reading all the commits it looks like it depends on where you live and most on there have problems with USPS

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
tag

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
This all started soon after the new PMG took over on June 15. .

It was happening before that in other areas. Mailed a barrel from CO to MI on March 30th, and it finally showed up May 5th. I was hoping it was just a fluke when I mailed the second barrel to MO on July 3rd, shows still in transit. I hope it'll show up someday.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
USPS has been great in my area. Only mailing service I use.

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Have a package coming from 3 Rivers Archery. 10 days ago via Priority Air. Still not here. Have opened a tracking case. It’ll do no good cause they just don’t care.

I have 3 other packages coming that are in excess of 5 days late.

I loathe the bastards. I even wrote my Congressman about this crap. They need to fold and contract the whole mess to UPS.
. USPS is so over whelmed by the volume increase from everyone shipping not shopping or everything. Nothing is one time for me, but nothing is lost either.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Vasquez956
USPS has been great in my area. Only mailing service I use.

Same. My regular carrier works his but off. Always sweating from the many trips to the door step instead of just popping some letters in your mailbox. He's not getting paid any more than before either.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I'll join the complaint group. Shipped a shotgun last Monday from Va Priority insured to Mo and was told it would be there Friday. Tracked it the entire way. On Friday I logged on and it was in Kansas City. Saturday it moved to Springfield Mo, where it sat for 4 days. Finally moved yesterday and shows still in route to final destination. That sucks big time.

Last edited by vaturkey; 08/12/20.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It will be late, but it will get there. You could have shipped it UPS for 3X the price, and it will still be late. I am a daily UPS pickup, and have been for 20 years. All my 3 Day Ground shipments take 6+ days. Ask UPS about the Residential Surcharge, Fuel Surcharge, and Extended Delivery Area Surcharge before you complain. If it were not for the USPS, many areas of the country would have NO delivery service, because it's not "economically advantageous" to service those remote areas.

Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Puddle
I used to think USPS was the worst until we got a new FedEx driver for our area.

I'm convinced he must have skipped the How-to-read-a-home-address session in orientation...

We had the same experience with FedEx this summer; the driver would keep leaving our packages across the road. He must have missed the "even addresses are on one side of the road and odd addresses are on the other" part of the training. I called FedEx to complain and they asked me to create an account, where I could put "delivery instructions" - limited to 33 characters! But so far, "Green house-south thru iron gates" has apparently been sufficient to keep him from delivering to the blue house on the north side of the road.

Like much of the rest of America, we've had lots and lots of deliveries made in the last 6 months. We've had a couple packages delayed about a week with USPS, and a number of packages a day later than originally scheduled. But overall, USPS, UPS, and FedEx have all done pretty well for us this year. Now getting a shipment of trophies out of South Africa had somewhat longer delays, but it's nearly here.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
We're just overloading the system. Had some magazines coming in from Midway USA via Sure Post. Tracking showed that UPS got the mags to my local Post Office pretty much on schedule ... where they subsequently sat for almost a week before being put on the truck for local delivery. They got here; just took time, which wasn't a problem for me.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by carlm
You could have shipped it UPS for 3X the price, and it will still be late. I am a daily UPS pickup, and have been for 20 years. All my 3 Day Ground shipments take 6+ days. Ask UPS about the Residential Surcharge, Fuel Surcharge, and Extended Delivery Area Surcharge before you complain.

I'd gladly accept 6 days on a 3 day shipment right now, hell I'dsettle for 10-15. I'd even pay extra for it, not a problem. However, when you pay for 3 day priorty and it hasn't been delivered in 41 days a customer has the right to complain.

What chaps my ass about the whole situation is a lost package trace has been initiated on both ends, insurance claim has been filed and denied, the package when tracked only shows enroute to next facility, and the post office on either end doesn't seem to give a damn if they help us or not.

Another thing that makes me hot, I ordered some ammo the other day out of PA and got a FedEx tracking number said it would be delivered Monday before 8 pm. I got home from work at 10 am Monday and it was sitting on my doorstep. I order from RockAuto, Amazon and Ebay all seem to deliver on time even when delivery is finished by USPS. So why can't the package I ship USPS and pay more for shipping costs than online retailers make it to the final destination in a reasonable amount of time?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by NVhntr

The new Postmaster eliminated overtime so there are probably some pissed employees that are working even slower than usual.

^^^^THIS.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Anything of value, especially guns, I now ship via FedEx Ground. They are easier, cheaper, faster and more reliable than USPS or Brown Stain.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
USPS tracking for the time is unreliable. Ordered a barrel for my rifle. It showed it was recieved in a certain distribution center for 2 weeks. Then one day it goes from the distribution center to out for delivery. I use USPS and UPS both frequently. It's just the way it is for now

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,514
Posts18,472,404
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.