-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I now have six packages ( four from y'all ) that are now ten days late.
They sent me a feedback request on one that was delivered two weeks late.
It wasn't pretty.
Simple solution:
Pay the overtime and deliver the mail.
By the by.....
My FedEx package from a member was delivered today. On time.

Last edited by John_Boy; 08/12/20.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Ill take USPS with issues over Fed Ex or UPS up here in Alaska

Bingo!!!

The last couple months things have been a bit slower, but reliable and a lot less expensive!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by John_Boy
They sent me a feedback request on one that was delivered two weeks late. It wasn't pretty.

I got a feedback pop up a while back too. I lit 'em up good as well.

Finish up by saying until they get their shlt together, I'll be using other services.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by John_Boy
They sent me a feedback request on one that was delivered two weeks late. It wasn't pretty.

I got a feedback pop up a while back too. I lit 'em up good as well.

Finish up by saying until they get their shlt together, I'll be using other services.

Promising to back off at a time when they are swamped is not much of a threat...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Originally Posted by NVhntr

The new Postmaster eliminated overtime so there are probably some pissed employees that are working even slower than usual.

^^^^THIS.

Jerry

I am a letter carrier with 35 years on the job, and have the option to work overtime or not. I am on the list that I do not wish to work overtime. I AM FORCED TO WORK OVERTIME BECAUSE OF STAFFING ISSUES. There is no body working slow at our office.If we are moving a little slower it is because of the iowa heat and humidity. The USPS is far from being an efficient well oiled machine but we are trying real hard to get every ones packages to them.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I just sent a package to ND today. I'm betting it gets there in 3 days... The only problem I had today was the fn printer is going tits up..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by webfoot56
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Originally Posted by NVhntr

The new Postmaster eliminated overtime so there are probably some pissed employees that are working even slower than usual.

^^^^THIS.

Jerry

I am a letter carrier with 35 years on the job, and have the option to work overtime or not. I am on the list that I do not wish to work overtime. I AM FORCED TO WORK OVERTIME BECAUSE OF STAFFING ISSUES. There is no body working slow at our office.If we are moving a little slower it is because of the iowa heat and humidity. The USPS is far from being an efficient well oiled machine but we are trying real hard to get every ones packages to them.

I appreciate that. The reason I always use USPS. Have any of you guys seen videos of how the UPS guys treat packages? Especially ones they think rifles are in....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1moredeer
They are running 5-7 days behind on everything here in east Texas, including first class and priority mail.

Yep. Shreveport is a black hole for mail and packages. Those sh*t sacks are late on everything. Finally got a package last week that was in Shreveport for 7 days. How is that even possible? Do they have a big enough parking lot that 7-days worth of trucks can just sit there unloaded?

I paid for 3-day delivery. It arrives after 15-days. Why don't I get my money back for the freight? F them.

Fire all of them, they forfiet their retirement, and contract it all to the Girl Scouts. Even they could do a better job.

Last edited by Gun_Geezer; 08/13/20.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
They are running 5-7 days behind on everything here in east Texas, including first class and priority mail.

Yep. Shreveport is a black hole for mail and packages. Those sh*t sacks are late on everything. Finally got a package last week that was in Shreveport for 7 days. How is that even possible? Do they have a big enough parking lot that 7-days worth of trucks can just there unloaded?

Fire all of them, they forfiet their retirement, and contract it all to Amazon as they are the best logistics company on the planet.

Some of the problem is AMAZON---WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE LATE ON SOME DAYS--BECAUSE AMAZON DELIVERY DRIVERS CAN NOT GET TO OUR LOADING DOCK IN A TIMELY MANNER SO WE CAN SORT THE PACKAGES OUT AND GET THEM DELIVERED---COVID-19 HAS AFFECTED DELIVERY ACROSS ALL THE DELIVERY SERVICES BUT TO SAY FIRE THEM ALL THAT JUST ISN'T RIGHT.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Yep. Shreveport is a black hole for mail and packages. Those sh*t sacks are late on everything. Finally got a package last week that was in Shreveport for 7 days. How is that even possible? Do they have a big enough parking lot that 7-days worth of trucks can just sit there unloaded?

I paid for 3-day delivery. It arrives after 15-days. Why don't I get my money back for the freight? F them.

Fire all of them, they forfiet their retirement, and contract it all to Amazon as they are the best logistics company on the planet.

I put in 20 years with the p.o my wife is on 30, so i guess i can say i know what goes on there. Did you know amazon uses the p.o ? The p.o got hit hard really hard with covid at a facility in Detroit known as the NDC, they had over 90 trailers as in semi trailers full of priority mail sitting. They had to scramble to move that mail to other locations across michigan to be worked, this is just one city in one state.

Now take a few million people out of work sitting home ordering everything on line,guess what ? A PERFECT STORM ! It is getting better the p.o processes 181 MILLION pieces of mail daily hmm bet ups and fed x dose not do that. I have had some delays myself, with all of them. As for firing them all forfeit their retirement, YOU SIR ARE A FOOL.

Last edited by SAINTDANIEL; 08/13/20.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SAINTDANIEL

I put in 20 years with the p.o my wife is on 30, so i guess i can say i know what goes on there. Did you know amazon uses the p.o ? The p.o got hit hard really hard with covid at a facility in Detroit known as the NDC, they had over 90 trailers as in semi trailers full of priority mail sitting. They had to scramble to move that mail to other locations across michigan to be worked, this is just one city in one state.

Now take a few million people out of work sitting home ordering everything on line,guess what ? A PERFECT STORM ! It is getting better the p.o processes 181 MILLION pieces of mail daily hmm bet ups and fed x dose not do that. I have had some delays myself, with all of them. As for firing them all forfeit their retirement, YOU SIR ARE A FOOL.

Amazing that my plant and industry in general have been "hit" by Covid but we just keep on chugging along. We work harder, faster, smarter. Hire temps, work some OT, outsource, etc. It's what we do out here in the real world where we have to compete.

If they can't move the mail as fast as "priority" is supposed to move then they should not charge for it. They know they can't and still charge for it. That is either fraud or theft, don't know which. I still have package shipped priority air that is not here after 15-days. This level of incompetence is a new record even for the US gov and all it's little alphabet agencies.

Last edited by Gun_Geezer; 08/14/20.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Common knowledge that Donald is sabotaging the USPS because he does not want voting by mail. He publicly admitted it. It's a free country. Start a delivery service and do better.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our postal service is probably the best in the world. But when I lived just out of Flagstaff I thought the postal service was piss poor. Flagstaff had to postal branches and managers one was great and the other was really bad. I wrote to Washington complaining about the service. That post master finally was fired.
There’s people in all walks of life that are I positions that they do not deserve.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Tracy,
When you send anything thru or to Dallas all mail goes directly to the Bulk Mail Center. It is a very large warehouse one could easily get lost in. Once your package arrives there it may, or may not be delivered any sooner than 10 days at best. Back in the 90's I hauled many a tractor trailer load up there as a part time weekend job. I loved it as a driver, it was a drop & roll out. As a customer I have been on the receiving end of it once & it was excruciating as I was waiting on a $1000 rifle.

Last edited by Reloder28; 08/14/20.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Wait for mail in voting.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 2,184 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,092
Posts18,501,957
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.