-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 59 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 58 59
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, something is up with his website. Doesn't look like anyone can do any shopping.

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
His play lawyer games w companies is one thing.
Trying the same chit w individuals is way more risky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Yeah, something is up with his website. Doesn't look like anyone can do any shopping.

He's likely filing papers to sue the web hosting company. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle

Doesn't matter if you can shop it or not...you don't get any product either way...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe

Doesn't matter if you can shop it or not...you don't get any product either way...

How true and a great post. smile

Jim

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Got me too, contacted my credit card today and I'm calling texas ag tomorrow

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And the site is back up and running...

https://opticsandammo.com

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I just went to the website for the first time and clicked on hunting scopes. Quite a few of the scopes listed as being in stock have been discontinued for quite some time. That would make me suspicious from the get go.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
In wonder what happens when a guy asks for pics of the Leopold 4x he allegedly has?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
He's still a lying thieving asshat, even his reviews are fake and he stole the images online

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Just a heads up, that site is a scam so don’t buy anything

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If you ask for pics of a scope, as I did, he stops replying...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Just a head's up.

You are just one of Maser's many troll sock puppets.

Nobody would buy half interest in a free lunch from you either.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
M
He tried to call me at 12:25AM then text me cursing saying i was scared of him since i wouldnt answer his calls! LOL I guess my cell being on night mode and me being asleep had nothing to do with me not answering. I was curious and responded when i got up @5:30am smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MartyM83
He tried to call me at 12:25AM then text me cursing saying i was scared of him since i wouldnt answer his calls! LOL I guess my cell being on night mode and me being asleep had nothing to do with me not answering. I was curious and responded when i got up @5:30am smile

What are the specifics of your dealings with him?

M
M
Everyone should email fraudauthorize.net and let them know they have been scammed by opticsandammo. They are who he is using to process payments. I called them and the rep said to have everyone email their complaints to that email.

M
M
I placed 2 orders thru the site. Requested information multiple times and he wouldnt respond. When he finally text me he wouldnt give me anything, just ignored me. I then text and said i was canceling my orders. He started the threats then.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Just a head's up.

You are just one of Maser's many troll sock puppets.

Nobody would buy half interest in a free lunch from you either.

Tell us how great Texas is

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
My update: papers have been filed with the investigator. Continued boilerplate emails from Eustice/opticsandammo. I would encourage everyone to work with your credit card companies, contact the detective listed elsewhere on this thread, and contact the manufacturers of the products you tried to purchase directly. Let them know what happened. I personally wouldn't have any interactions with Mr. Eustice going forward, but I guess choose your own adventure.

For those that don't know, OpticsandAmmo has been sued for trademark infringement by Vortex. The case is pending in the Southern District of Texas. It's case number: 4:20-cv-02304 SHELTERED WINGS, INC. D/B/A VORTEX OPTICS v OPTICSANDAMMO, LLC, and CHRISTOPHER DAVID EUSTICE

You can view the documents in PACER: https://pacer.uscourts.gov/ but there is a small fee after viewing a certain number of pages per quarter, I believe. Keep that in mind. Don't throw good money after bad, but it is cheap entertainment if you are looking for it. His "motion for an extension of time and sanctions," filed in response to Vortex's complaint, is kind of interesting in that it reveals some of his ""business model."" (double air quotes, as I am using this term loosely) The parties are currently fighting over whether he can proceed pro se (corporations have to be represented by an attorney in federal court), and over an extension of time. Some highlights, from OpticsandAmmo's motion:

On the business model -

"The Defendants have tried to work with Vortex Optics over the past 4 years, but Vortex Optics wants to bully small business owners because they do not have the resources necessary to open up a physical storefront as required by Vortex Optics. The Defendants have thus engaged in wholesale purchases with many authorized Vortex dealers such as such as BHPhotoVideo, OpticsPlanet, Cabelas, and others. All of these vendors offer B2B Sales Programs and Discounts for Business Purchases. All of the listed products, regular prices, images and product descriptions used on the Defendants website originally were provided to the Defendants by BhPhotoVideo in the Fall of 2016. BHPhotoVideo informed the Defendants that they had the full rights to use their images for advertising and the like. It possible the Vortex Optics listings have become outdated, because the Defendants have to manually update 35,000 products by themselves in addition to running the day to day operations of their company. The Plaintiff seems to fraudulently deny the fact that their own authorized dealers make B2B sales of their products. Vortex Optics is not entitled to a Monopoly over the resale of their products. This would run contrary to all common law and legal knowledge."

On the need for an extension of time -

"To further support the extension of time to respond to the Complaint, the Defendant provides the following facts: Somebody very close to the Defendants passed away recently, the court was closed on Friday July 3, Defendant has been locked out of his ECF account and is trying to regain access, Defendant's neighbor's dogs chewed through the Defendant's internet cable which had not been properly buried by AT&T, Defendant is currently dealing with final exams and other many other stressful and time consuming commitments. Furthermore, the case has been pending due to COVID-19 related court disruptions and that should also be fully considered.

Defendants respectfully request for an extension of 30 days time to respond to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. This time is necessary to allow the Defendants some additional time to find the expensive legal counsel which they are currently unable to afford. This will also allow some additional time to research the many complexities of intellectual property law in the event that the Defendants proceed in this case Pro Se."

I highly doubt B&H granted a guy in his house in Houston the "rights" to use everything on their website. I wonder if B&H knows about this? He claims to still be a student. I wonder if whatever university/community college he attends knows about everything going on?

Bottom line: he has no money and has resorted to "I need more time to learn the laws I've broken" and "the dog ate my cable connection"-type arguments. (Vortex's attorneys note that Eustice has filed these arguments in other cases across a length of time in which the cable should have been fixed.) Infer from that what you will...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope Vortex and their atty are aware of the wholesale fraud this guy has made as a daily usual business practice.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 14 of 59 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 58 59

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,576
Posts18,492,035
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.