-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I think one of these might drive me crazy, but am still entertaining the idea.

For guys that have them, what is the good, the bad, and the ugly? Do you think they are worthwhile, and worth the cost? Which ones do you like, and why?

Thanks

GW

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have a Moultrie. My only complaint is that it is so sensitive that it takes pictures of shadows. It burns through batteries and my allowable pics too quickly.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
how does the allowable pics thing work?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have 4 Coverts, I love them. 4G made them awesome. Little pricey, but worth it to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Thats what the gunvme t going to be putting on everbodys land to catch you all’s corn piles. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚

Or growing dope

Wait...is any of tbis chit illegal anymore? Why are they really doing that??

Would be sweet to get live time on trespassers

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
Thats what the gunvme t going to be putting on everbodys land to catch you all’s corn piles. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚

Or growing dope

Legal here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I have moultrie with Verizon plan. No complaints really, amazing that it sends me anything at all with the non existent cell signal where i have it placed. I believe i will get a couple more.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
At the risk of contradicting anything I've posted before whilst drunk....I have one of these: https://creative-xp.com/products/cr...tdoor-wireless-full-hd-wild-game-camera.

Image quality is outstanding and it's been very reliable. The weird thing is that I get better data connections with this cam than I get on my Verizon phone on my land, so connections have never been an issue. The only problem I have is that the thing has a hair trigger, even on the lowest settings, and I'll get images arriving when the sun rises, when it sets, when the wind blows and, of course, when animals step in front of it.

The way this cam works is that it comes with a SIM card for cell access and you buy a plan. The cheapest plan, about $7 a month for 150 or so MB of data, should be fine if the thing only took images of animals. But I was getting 20-50 images a day and that would chew through the data plan in a matter of a day or so. I'm still trying to figure out how to manage the sensitivity of the camera, but it sure is nice to be able to get images via email as they are taken than driving 2 hours to the land. I may have to find a much larger tree, one that doesn't move in the wind, and then clear the area in front of it so there's no sage dancing in the wind.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Great_Wazoo
how does the allowable pics thing work?

You get what you pay for. I pay for 750/month for $10. After the 750, the camera will still take pics, but the modem won't send them.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Corn Pile is not only legal, but expected in Ga where my lease is at.

IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
So do you think it would be worth having a bigger plan, or trying to sort out the sensitivity?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have several Spypoint Link-Micro picked them upper $99 shipped....well worth the money....use some for surveillance around hunting camp buildings great for telling when the snow is plowed, propane delivery or someone snooping around.... once received a picture of a person walking around the house called the sheriff they got there in time to question the person....you can get 100 pictures for free every month with out needing a plan for $5 250 photos, $10 1000 photos or unlimited $15 you can change anytime you want.... they do take pictures of shadows at times even on low setting but have found if you can point them due south or north it will happen less.....batteries ones from Sam's Club last longer than expected taking close to 100 pictures a month during winter where it gets below 0 they will last 8 months and still have 40%....

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Does one plan apply to all or do you need a separate plan for each camera? If one covers all, that would be the best security system I have seen. Very interested.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by kevinpauley
Does one plan apply to all or do you need a separate plan for each camera? If one covers all, that would be the best security system I have seen. Very interested.

Each camera....some of my cameras never get to 100 pictures a month so its free....if you see your going to go over 100 pictures just pay for that month....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Or growing dope

Would be sweet to get live time on trespassers

Corn piles is legal.. it's them corn barrels and stills to be concerned with.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Great_Wazoo
So do you think it would be worth having a bigger plan, or trying to sort out the sensitivity?

I have done everything I can to reduce the sensitivity. I moved it to a place with fewer shadows, mounted it low to the ground and aimed it up. It's not feeding me pics now. I have a hunch that my signal is too weak in the new location.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have three Bushnell Trophy Cameras. Usually one or two of them are set up at my farm, about 55 miles away from where I live. They have proven invaluable for tracking activity on my farm, including patterning the whitetails and turkeys that I hunt in spring and fall. Having images transmitted quickly to my cell phone and computer has saved me thousands of miles of travel to and from, to switch out SD chips. Fuel savings alone have paid for these cameras.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have a Moultrie. My only complaint is that it is so sensitive that it takes pictures of shadows. It burns through batteries and my allowable pics too quickly.

I rigged up a 12 volt rechargeable battery in an ammo can that plugs into the external jack. I have 2 and charge one at the house when it starts showing less than full and I swap them out. I last swapped it in March and its still showing full.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,861 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,237
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.