Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
If the owner lights up a reefer during any phase of this, it'll certainly be a (Dooby ous) transaction.

Fixed it for ya

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by postoak
That supreme court decision seems pretty final. I wouldn't do it even if a local BATFE agent said he had no problem with it.

What are you talking about?

The helper guy can simply buy it FTF private party without a 4473 (legal in their state) then ship to AK FFL who transfers to end buyer..
If the original owner was already at an FFL to process (like to sell to the helper guy with 4473) there'd be no need for the helper guy, (hence there would be nobody declaring falsely on a 4473) , it'd simply transfer from original owner to the southern FFL, to AK FFL to end buyer. All perfectly legit, .

What the helper wouldn't do legally, and the ruling refers to, is purchase from a dealer for someone else. Different scenarios. Right?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by cv540
Aint
This
Funny?

Dont complain about the legal warnings

After
The
Fact

Well, let's also not forget that the OP changed his story again and says he was looking for an FFL member to handle it negating the premise of the entire conversation! LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ken158
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by persiandog
isn't it illegal to buy a gun for sole purpose of selling it?

Isn’t this what Gunshop’s do?

Gun shops are FFL dealers - hence a very big difference and they do not sign a 4473 under penalty of perjury that they are buying the gun for themselves... Now, the legal way for this transaction to complete is for the out of state buyer to find a FFL dealer either in his state or the seller’s state to make the purchase and do a transfer in state and then the buyer picks up the gun after filling out required paperwork.

Uhm NO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Real Einstein here

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by taylorce1
I do not see the listing for the other one. If you could provide a link I would greatly appriciate it.

Gunbrker Remington 582

Originally Posted by JAC43

The answer of course is no, the fella picking up this rifle with intent to forward it to AK can't say "yes" to this question. End of deal.

I've done it a few times, then turned around and shipped a rifle to an FFL of a deserving soldier or other person who I felt deserved a nice rifle. It wasn't a lie, I bought the rifle with the sole intent of giving it to someone else. That doesn't change the fact at the time I filled out the 4473 I was the actual transferee/buyer. Then the person I shipped it to became the actual transferee, this time the OP would be the buyer.

Once you are able to rationalize dishonesty there is no limit to what you might accomplish.
Absolutely true. Just look at what the legislators and SCOTUS justices accomplished while rationalizing their dishonesty. "Shall not be infringed" just ain't that hard to understand.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by postoak
That supreme court decision seems pretty final. I wouldn't do it even if a local BATFE agent said he had no problem with it.

What are you talking about?

The helper guy can simply buy it FTF private party without a 4473 (legal in their state) then ship to AK FFL who transfers to end buyer..
If the original owner was already at an FFL to process (like to sell to the helper guy with 4473) there'd be no need for the helper guy, (hence there would be nobody declaring falsely on a 4473) , it'd simply transfer from original owner to the southern FFL, to AK FFL to end buyer. All perfectly legit, .

What the helper wouldn't do legally, and the ruling refers to, is purchase from a dealer for someone else. Different scenarios. Right?

Absolutely.

Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No.

It is if you plan on making a profit and are not a ffl

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ok, riddle me this

When I am traveling for work and out of state can I buy a firearm in another state from a private party without a ffl involved?

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by RandyR
ok, riddle me this

When I am traveling for work and out of state can I buy a firearm in another state from a private party without a ffl involved?

Federal law says no.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by srwshooter

No.

It is if you plan on making a profit and are not a ffl

No, actually not. You are able to do this on limited basis, however, not as an ongoing business endeavor.

--- Kid Rock 2022

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by RandyR
ok, riddle me this

Federal law says no.

Here we go again

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Deadeye59: I'll do it!
Send me the money and include some particulars.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Why is this in the Classified section?

"The choices you make dictate the life you lead"
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Having read through all of the drama and misinformation I am at a loss for some of the conclusions folks come to.

To me the OP sounds like a set-up but if it isn't and he really wants a 582 I'll bet if he posted a WTB here someone would have one to sell him or at least point him in the direction to find one that would be easier to obtain. Wonder why he hasn't done that???

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by drover
Having read through all of the drama and misinformation I am at a loss for some of the conclusions folks come to.

To me the OP sounds like a set-up but if it isn't and he really wants a 582 I'll bet if he posted a WTB here someone would have one to sell him or at least point him in the direction to find one that would be easier to obtain. Wonder why he hasn't done that???

drover

I pointed the OP to a nice 582 at a pawn/gun shop close to me, so no hurdles for them to ship it to the OP's dealer in AK.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You don't suppose a lame ATF agent would get on here and do some trolling do you? Nevermind, stupid thought...LOL

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by drover

drover

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../14846291/wtb-remington-582#Post14846291

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Well then bump it, stuff falls off the first few pages quickly. Also try an ad on rimfirecentral.com watch for them on gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I haven't read all this.

Simple solution is to pay the local FFL his fees and $50 profit to buy that rifle from the eller and then sell it to you and ship to your FFL.

Montana MOFO
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 16gage, 50 invisible), 2,986 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,969
Posts18,519,622
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.