Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rifletom
Still have an old Hitachi am transistor radio. No antanea. Works fine. Listen to Rush almost everyday on it. Just have to move it around for good reception. It's red. Made in Japan.

I still can’t believe Neil Peart is dead.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I still listen to one of these, still gets remarkable reception and sound, though the dial is off a little.
Still get better reception than any of my CCranes.

[Linked Image from 3.bp.blogspot.com]

I have an old Grundig version of your radio. Still works perfect.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I liked those little TRs - they were handy and very mod for a while - had a few oer time. Some companies had them made for advertising - I used one that was made to look just like a Sunoco gasoline vending pump, blue and yellow with all the proper lettering, etc. Still have that one.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't forget to put the battery on your tongue for a real throw back moment.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got radios all over the house, a Sangean MMR-88, a GE Super Radio, a repro Grundig, and some others. One little Sony uses a single AA, lasts a good while. The Sangean has solar and a crank, plus a rechargeable battery, and even a flashlight. Lot of radio for about $50 and the sound, especially voice, is good.

Used to pick up old floor models when I was young. One Philco had electric tuning: a motor turned the dial to presets.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by slumlord
Remember Car 54 Where Are You?

That was the best show ever

Fred Gwynne (Herman Munster) and Ernest Borgnine "Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!".

Fred Gwynne is buried in an unmarked grave in a cemetery adjacent to my nephew's property in MD. When we visited him last year we walked thru the graveyard and he said, "Oh, the guy who played the judge in "My Cousin Vinny" is buried here in an unmarked grave. I said, "What!! Herman Munster is buried here!" He replied, "Herman who?" Ah, the generation gap.

Apparently Fred was a humble and unassuming man who didn't want his grave in this small cemetery to pose a problem for them with fans seeking it out and leaving crap. Well because it's unmarked, now people go there to try to figure out where he's buried.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Got one of those little shirt pocket transistor radios for a birthday present in the early 60's. It was from Western Auto and I forgot what name they used on their radios, ( Revelation ? maybe?). Worked pretty well and I had it quite a long time. Nowadays I have a couple of the small pocket models from Radio Shack. One's about 10 years old and still going good. It's now discontinued and I just got the newer shirt pocket model. It's even smaller, runs on two AAA batteries for a claimed 50 hours and puts out high quality sound like a much bigger radio. Also has digital tuning with presets, as digital tuning is much better than trying to fine tune that station dial just right all the time. They list for 24 bucks at radioshack.com Catalog Number 1201849. For such a tiny radio it's impressive so far, as I just got it a few days ago. Also has a flexible antenna embedded into the wrist strap that I like because those old extendable metal antennas are pretty fragile. Never saw an antenna like that before but it works good.

Last edited by 22250rem; 08/19/20.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,802
Posts18,496,324
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.