Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
7 SAUM has proven itself in F-Class, but you better use darn good bullets.

Once you cross 1.4k yds the heavy weights really show benefits, but to see them you have to shoot them and ranges for distances longer than 1k yd RANGES which are hard to find at place that offers that distance. It takes a while for most guys to figure out they need a crazy high MOA rail, and then to figure out the bullets are coming in at a steep angle so calling & adjusting your hits is squirrely. I have a 1 mile camera system, but I still prefer shooting steel plates out to 1,000 with white paint and a water Mark & center line

I use a 6 Creed for anything under 1k, and am building a 7 SAUM for higher winds, and further reach work... but I’ll go bigger if I exceed 1.4k as a normal range.
338 Edge is good, but ELR means .4 for the most part these days - then you need a special lathe for the bigger barrels, and those rifles are heavy as snot.

Capacity,is simply capacity and if only to the chagrin of CLUELESS Window Lickers everywhere. Hint.

Requisite optical inclination,is a function of the parcel in unison. 1400yds with a 180 ELD at ShamWow capacity,is VERY farrrrrrrrrr from being an Erector Burner. Beware,that some folks actually fhuqking shoot,while Crying Karens talk about it. HINT.

Pardon the miserly come-ups associated with a "lowly" 250yd zero,in my current atmosphere and at Low Tide. Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

As an aside,note the "HUGE" difference at like zero,with a 22" 7-08 at the 1400yd line. If only for conversation. HINT.

In fairness however,I've only got (3) 243 Kreedmires. Be SURE to "tell" me more about that too. HINT.

If only in fairness,I don't shoot any contours greater than straight 1.350". Hint. LAUGHING!

You CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Though in fairness,I suffer an extry Pre-64 70(which I hate)in H&H boltface(which I hate even more) and it'll be a receiver diameter 8" 7mm Remmie Mag,wearing like throat length as the above 284 Twat-Six and likely 25.25",because I like round numbers. It'll get stuffed into a HEAVY plywood T-hole "Target/BR" handle(hope it arrives next R&R) and be fed 180's expressly too. Hint.

Less IS more.

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Laughing!................

It's about time you started running some proper rifles whistle

I'll be watching for that one.

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

My range has steel to 1800 yrds, if it's not to hot and windy we shoot on weekend mornings early, My .243 will bang the hell out of steel at 1400 yrds,,
1x8 24" barrel and 107 SMK, the scope and rail on my .243 won't get me past 1400, my 6.5 PRC GAP will bang the hell out of steel at 1800 yrds, 1x8 24" barrel and 147 gr ELD-M

I have a 338 Laupa Chey-Tec that gets out there real well but it's no fun to shoot, to much recoil and muzzle blast, so I will stick with my
6 mm and 6.5s , they do the job real well for what they are, and they are fun to shoot, as I shoot long range for the fun of it. Rio7

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Thank’s stick...

Keeping your round supersonic until it reaches the target generally leads to much better performance given they get wierd when crossing the barrier.

1125 fps past your target range is what will get you there.

OH - Barrel profile .. I would stick with MTU or heavier
Action wise - a single shot is probably best, but if your course of fire requires repeater... BAT, or the Neuvo would be my first choice,

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'retzs,

Unfortunately,I've suffered rifles of that ilk for too fhuqking many decades and have as of yet,to find anything "endearing" mechanically. One COULD garner support for a S/S Krassik Winny in Whizzum,but with (3) Montucky 7 Whizzum's in the larder,that'd be a BITTER pill. Hint.(grin)

Though like most thangs,it do improve,when slammed in a MacaMillion handle and I MUCH prefer a 1pc REAL S/S bottom. Hint.

I embarrassingly suffer numerous Pre-64's and amongst them,a prestigious pedigreed 54 K-Hornet,choked with a Shilen spout and yet another of them MacaMillion's,though in the now defunct G&H pattern. Pass the 77/22 K-Hornet PLEASE and hold the fhuqking Fluff. Hint.

The pending 284 Rem Mag,will be fhuqking funny too! Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

'O7,

I tend to whistle 105 Hornie HPBT's for utility,whether it 270 or 'Twat-Six induced and with all stops in between,upon multiple boltfaces. They do especially nice thangs up feedramps,in both Small and Large frame Krunchentickers. Hint.

The 1400yd line in a Large Frame,requires wellllllllllll shy of 50% of an erector,from a 225yd zero,in this morning's atmosphere. Obviously,that's incorporating an integral 1913 "flat" rail and I hear good thangs about 'Horn rings and 40 MO-MO's inclination. Could reach said distance easily,in a totally "flat" system,but extry reach don't aspook me. Hint.

With your aforementioned 147's,what sorta launch Speed do you like in your George 264 PRICK?

I hear good thangs about .224" 88's and am prolly awaiting another Launcher of same to hit the porch,ala 7" RPM 22PPC Improved. Though in fairness,I squirt 'em in 223,223AI,22 Grendel,22BR,22-250,22-250AI and of course Speedmire too. Tough for a .243" bore to keep pace,at like case capacity(they cain't). Hint.

Have shot a fair bit of 338 Lapooey and it ain't my jam either.

Hint.................

NOTshooter,

Now that's odd,as I gun the toughest atmospheric conditions there are and a "lowly" 22" 7-08 will choogle a 180 ELD 1125fps+ to the 1550yd line,as plainly cited above. I get it,that you sure in the fhuqk ain't very bright,but you needn't keep PROVING it. Hint. LAUGHING!

Receiver selection,largey doesn't make a fhuqk unless your reap frosting from the Sale and contour largely "means" the same,given a shred of fhuqking sense. Hint.

As a aside,what exactly is "wierd" and what troubles have you "seen",as you've "shot" 180's beyond their Transonic Slip? Do tell...because that too,will be funnier than fhuqk! HINT! Laughing!

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

Laughing!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Connecting dots and Starting At The Fhuqking Start,I'd simply go 700 in 280 SALAMI,due the HUGE COAL latitude. The Kali Kid would get the nod(again) and it'd be 8",with 180 Focus. I'd have him throat it like my first one,but might even bump contour a bit more. Double-Ounce S/S Shilen,Marty 45 MO-MO rail,Kelly and Crew HEAVY filled handle,S/S Matt BDL bottom,Bart',yada,yada,yada and modest recoil,with (5) in the belly. Pass the Lapooey Twat-Six Virgins and kick the trimmer offa' fhuqking cliff. Hint.(grin)

O.K., I'm not trying to poke fun at my little buddy. It seems like there is some good information in this one paragraph. I know what some of it means; but, can someone please translate this entire paragraph for me. I'm usually pretty good at deciphering what BS is putting out; but, with most of this paragraph I would like some help. Thanks in advance.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TheBigCry,

Do cite any/all words,that are either "too big" or "too Technical" for you and your "abilities" to understand...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

EXTRY Hilarity Points copiously awarded,for being able to fhuqk up Splendid Pixels and the fact,that your Incredible Fhuqking STUPIDITY,is assuredly no "Act". Hint. LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you set in the bleachers with your mask on,while rattlin' your Pom-Pom's. Hint.

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying and Whining,you MAGNIFICENT Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do cite any/all words,that are either "too big" or "too Technical" for you and your "abilities" to understand....

Well, I was hoping someone else would respond as I knew you would get upset and somehow be threatened by others. Anyway, in response to your directive:

Connecting dots and Starting At The Fhuqking Start,........... and it'd be 8",with 180 Focus. I'd have him throat it like my first one,but might even bump contour a bit more. ...............and modest recoil,with (5) in the belly....... Pass the Lapooey Twat-Six Virgins and kick the trimmer offa' fhuqking cliff. Hint. .....yada,yada,yada ,,,,,,,(grin)

All of the above, I'm able to decipher after years of practice. The below are things on which I need help.

I'd simply go 700 in 280 SALAMI,due the HUGE COAL latitude.

This leaves me to believe you'd use a 700 action in either 280 Remington SAAMI, or possibly 280AI SAAMI. You referenced the lack of need for a trimmer; so, I'm assuming you mean, to use your standard lingo "280 Aye Aye SALAMI". Is that correct.

The Kali Kid would get the nod(again)

For those of us who have "never used him", who is the "Kali Kid" and what does he do? Some smith I'm guessing.

Double-Ounce S/S Shilen

I assume by "S/S Shilen" you mean a stainless steel Shilen barrel (8 twist from up above); but, what is meant by "Double-Ounce". Common use of American English would leave one to determine that is a 2 ounce barrel. However, that's clearly not what you mean.

Marty 45 MO-MO rail,Kelly and Crew HEAVY filled handle,S/S Matt BDL bottom,Bart',yada,yada,yada ,,,,,,,,

"45 MO-MO rail" is easy enought; but, what or who is "Marty"?

Kelly and Crew HEAVY filled handle,S/S Matt BDL bottom,Bart',yada,yada,yada ,,,,,,,,

What and/or who is "Kelly and Crew" and "HEAVY filled handle. I assume you are talking about a heavy stock from someone named Kelly. Please fill in those blanks.

S/S Matt BDL bottom,Bart',yada,yada,yada ,,,,,,,,

I assume "S/S Matt BDL bottom is referencing the bottom metal (and or magazine?); but, could you clarify that?

Bart'

This is usually your shorthand for "Bartlein"; however, you already selected a Shilen barrel above. So, in this instance, what is meant by "Bart"?

I know I could probably go back through your past posts to determine some of this. When I try to google some of your stuff, my computer starts smoking and suggesting foreign translator apps and software. So, I thought either you or one of your sycophants (or more learned member of normal ilk) could help. I never thought I would receive your offer telling me to tell you exactly what I don't understand about your post. Thanks in advance little buddy (or anybody else who wishes to chime in.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The "double ounce Shilen would be a Competition Shilen trigger in Stainless. The heavy filled handle refers to the brass bolt knob. 280 Salami I figure is referring to the standard 280 remington And the Lapuey twat-6 brass comment means to use 30-06 Lapua brass to make you cases from. Note the picture with the 06 case necked down in a 280 die leaving a shoulder for the brass to headspace on, this gives you quality brass for sure. Bartlein is the barrel of choice. Hope this helps.

Last edited by rickt300; 08/19/20.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rickt300
The "double ounce Shilen would be a Competition Shilen trigger in Stainless. The heavy filled handle refers to the brass bolt knob. 280 Salami I figure is referring to the standard 280 remington And the Lapuey twat-6 brass comment means to use 30-06 Lapua brass to make you cases from. Note the picture with the 06 case necked down in a 280 die leaving a shoulder for the brass to headspace on, this gives you quality brass for sure. Bartlein is the barrel of choice. Hope this helps.

Rick,
Thanks for the info. I wrongly assumed Shilen was barrel. Knowing now he means trigger, it makes the "double ounce" make sence. I first thought of the bolt knob for the "handle"; but, thought it could mean the stock too. It seems to be used for both. 280 Salami, I agree with you, on it's own would mean a 280 Remington, however, knowing his preference for almost all things Ackley and his reference to tossing the trimmer, it made me assume the Ackley version. The '06 brass is self-explanatory. Now, with your explanation of the Shilen trigger, the "Bart" clearly makes sense as the barrel manufacturer. Thanks for clearing those up. I appreciate it Rick. Now, there are just a couple more. Anybody? Little Buddy?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The tossing the trimmer comment is because when you form 280 brass from 30-06 brass it will end up being .020 short.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You may be right about the heavy filled handle he is pretty much referencing what is in the picture you copied his comment from.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Kelly, as in Kelly McMillan

Last edited by robertham1; 08/19/20.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Connecting dots and Starting At The Fhuqking Start,I'd simply go 700 in 280 SALAMI,due the HUGE COAL latitude. The Kali Kid would get the nod(again) and it'd be 8",with 180 Focus. I'd have him throat it like my first one,but might even bump contour a bit more. Double-Ounce S/S Shilen,Marty 45 MO-MO rail,Kelly and Crew HEAVY filled handle,S/S Matt BDL bottom,Bart',yada,yada,yada and modest recoil,with (5) in the belly. Pass the Lapooey Twat-Six Virgins and kick the trimmer offa' fhuqking cliff. Hint.(grin)

O.K., I'm not trying to poke fun at my little buddy. It seems like there is some good information in this one paragraph. I know what some of it means; but, can someone please translate this entire paragraph for me. I'm usually pretty good at deciphering what BS is putting out; but, with most of this paragraph I would like some help. Thanks in advance.

I get all that but "the Kali Kid". I figure he is a smith, just like you did. I'm not sure, since we're fireforming here, why not go for an AI version, to make sure we wear out cases before length gets to be an issue, since we're "kicking the trimmer off a cliff". Wait, there's also the "bumped" contour. I'm wondering which contour that would end up being after bumping.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
The Kali Kid would be Shaen, of Shaen Rifles.

https://shaenrifles.com/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TheBigCry,

You suck a mean ass and nip a mean heel...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I find your Fascinations with wares wellllll beyond your "means","abilities" or "comprehension" more than a whole bunch Fhuqking FUNNY! Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,as you do rattle a mean Pom-Pom.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Rickety,

As you KNOW,there's NOTHING fhuqking funnier than a fhuqking Texan TRYING to "talk" rifles...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,for feigning a First Fhuqking Clue.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

KchuntShoot,

The only thing you "bump",is your pointy head while licking windows...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING so hard.

As an aside,I cain't even know what an "AI" is?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

'am1,

I sent The Kali Kid some rather EPIC video and pics today...ask her to share with you,as I cain't find your number in my foolproof "system".(grin)

98% elder vintage 700. You know,just another Safe Queen. Hint. LAUGHING!

Your heart has GOTTA be in it,to crack one of them "fragile" braed 700 handles.(grin)

I'm talkin' fhuqking MECHANICAL means. Hint. LAUGHING!

This'll be enough to get Whiners RE-Whining! Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless their hearts,for doing their best,with what INCREDIBLY fhuqking little they "have" to "work" with.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Finally!! It's that name-calling ass-hole we were all expecting to show up! Had to get half a fifth into yourself before you felt "right", eh BS?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The pending 284 Rem Mag,will be fhuqking funny too! Hint.

I'll be watching.. 3.6" should be good for the little 7 to do it thing with 180's I'd bet. You'd make ol Bob smile with that rig on a P64..

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
And he post pictures of some beat down POS while he gives us all [bleep]?

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KchuntShoot,

I'm VERY happy to be,that which you need MOST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Rest ASSURED,the last thing I'd wanna do,is to knowingly swipe ANY of the Sweet Satisfactions,of your Imagination and Pretend. Mainly because it's all you've "got". Hint. LAUGHING!

In fairness however,I did forget to account for "The Bump" and it's 30" 1.400" straight "contoured" spout. My bad. Hint. LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

'retzs,

The BEAUTY of a Custom,is aligning THE Boolit Trifecta...RPM,Throat Geometry and COAL. Even a schitty fhuqking Pre-'64 70 can do that,given a shred of sense and a Plumber who listens. Hint.(grin)

Bob would be PROUD and yankin' spouts!

Laughing!...............

Rickety,

I rather enjoy how a Lone CLUELESS Window Licking Texan in her hair net,SUDDENLY "transforms"into a "we" or an "all"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You've ZERO baseline,to begin to fhuqking fathom the magnitude and I getta' kick out of your fruitless efforts,that soooooooooo very CONSUME your every thought and hilarious "move". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Crying so hard Karen and sooooooooooo often.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 66 invisible), 3,288 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,196
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.