Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
T Man,

This guy can be a little nerdy but he has some good info regardless. Only thing that scares me about stuff like your Winchester is I wouldn't know a fake from a tampon.

I just figuratively pulled the trigger on an original Win 1897 beater (so I can slam fire it) that has been refurbished into a period correct 1897 Trench gun. The same deal and company the the nerd in the trench gun youtube video above has. It's not an original trench gun mind you....but an original 1897 that has been made into a replica trench gun, sans bayonet.

Awesome......
http://www.bullcreekarms.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=76_82&product_id=77

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Viking,
Follow up on this with a range report please! Like the idea, just never heard of one that was executed well.
Pete

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by T_Inman
T Man,

This guy can be a little nerdy but he has some good info regardless. Only thing that scares me about stuff like your Winchester is I wouldn't know a fake from a tampon.

I just figuratively pulled the trigger on an original Win 1897 beater (so I can slam fire it) that has been refurbished into a period correct 1897 Trench gun. The same deal and company the the nerd in the trench gun youtube video above has. It's not an original trench gun mind you....but an original 1897 that has been made into a replica trench gun, sans bayonet.

Awesome......
http://www.bullcreekarms.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=76_82&product_id=77

Tinman,

I was hoping you might look into them. If I was after one I'd go the same route.

Supposedly Bull Creek takes a lot of pride in their work.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Get ALEXA, a German Shepherd, keep an unloaded 12 gauge pump in the corner, the unmistakable sound of a 12 pump action and 100 pounds of barking, snarling charging dog.
You may need a new door or window.
Last week a local women was accosted in her house and yelled “ALEXA CALL 911”. He left immediately.
The intruder was hyped up on something.
Police were in the area because of reports of a suspicious man, they got him minutes after the call.

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone looked into the new PDW being offered by Daniel Defense and Springfield? Just a short barreled ar15 with a brace. Still, nice job.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T Man,

Awesome......

That is a sweet looking shotgun! Bet it be fun for quails too.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T Man,

Awesome......

Tinman,

I was hoping you might look into them. If I was after one I'd go the same route.

They should give complimentary BJs for the $ they charge, but since they cut the chambers to modern specs, and make an absolutely bad ass self defense shotgun, I can deal with the lack of some head. I am used to it anyhow. Now the waiting game begins.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=abbydog]Get ALEXA, a German Shepherd, keep an unloaded 12 gauge pump in the corner, the unmistakable sound of a 12 pump action and 100 pounds of barking, snarling charging dog.
You may need a new door or window.[\quote]

Or sometimes just the dog. A student’s mom had a Rottweiler when the kid was young, said dog not inclined to bark, so the would-be rapist was quite unaware of the near proximity of said dog when he forced his way through the door. 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T Man,

Awesome......

Tinman,

She has arrived:
[Linked Image from i.gifer.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The ability to slam fire is a beautiful thing.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nice!

You have to kill some birds with that thing.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T Inman:
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's breaking clear and mild in your part of the planet and all else is as you'd prefer it to be.

Congrats on that fine looking piece of machinery! cool

While I "know" they're old technology and all that, there's something about 97s that has always just done it for me.

Maybe it's the hammer, perhaps the fact that when the action is open it's so easy to see at a glance it's clear/safe and likely it's just watching The Wild Bunch way too many times... blush

As Travis said, you need to go dispatch some birds with that now!

All the best to you as we head into hunting season T.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Pistol is plenty good if you practice. If you want to be prepared you must prepare.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
T Inman:
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's breaking clear and mild in your part of the planet and all else is as you'd prefer it to be.

Congrats on that fine looking piece of machinery! cool

While I "know" they're old technology and all that, there's something about 97s that has always just done it for me.

Maybe it's the hammer, perhaps the fact that when the action is open it's so easy to see at a glance it's clear/safe and likely it's just watching The Wild Bunch way too many times... blush

As Travis said, you need to go dispatch some birds with that now!

All the best to you as we head into hunting season T.

Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne! The external hammer is most certainly what has drawn me to this shotgun, despite the ability for more dirt to get in there. For some reason, I just like it and the quality "feel"of the '97 is certainly there.

This will be primarily a bear gun for fishing and when getting moose/caribou quarters out, though I am sure plenty of spruce grouse will be taken along the way so I'll plan to always have a few dove loads with me.

Looking at this shotgun, it is apparent that Bull Creek Arms cares about their reputation. This things is absolutely gorgeous, though it won't be for long.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice, interesting Military Politics revolving around that weapon for its time period. Any idea on the period correct bayonet?

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice!

You have to kill some birds with that thing.
I have to agree it's nice, but I gotta admit to never having killed any birds with my cock.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Nice, interesting Military Politics revolving around that weapon for its time period. Any idea on the period correct bayonet?

They do make repro bayonets for around $80 and I may look into one. Originals abound too and both are supposed to fit the lug on this thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T Inman;
Thanks for the reply and report sir.

It's gratifying to know that there's still firms and folks out there who take pride in their workmanship for sure.

As well as the look for sure, one thing I don't mind about say a lever gun for "social shoo bear" work is that they can be checked with one's hands easily with a modicum of practice. That's sorta handy either in the dark or when one is fixated upon a recalcitrant bruin which one is in the midst of negotiations with.

I vividly recall my ancient and as it turned out dirty magazine tube on my Lakefield Mossberg 500 binding up on me while I was explaining to a yard black bear that it really should look elsewhere for handouts. When I ran the action I knew the sound was off and by muscle reflex opened it up and dropped a shell into the chamber.

Then I started to fool with the magazine and yes in fact the shells were stuck in place therein.....

It was, as I recall a bit of a conundrum for me to both negotiate with the bear for a smooth exit for both parties while trying to unjam the thing.

Anyways, that's the beginning of my finding the Hi-Viz Delrin followers we discussed.

That reminds me, I may have to try to fabricate one for my old 94 just because....

Thanks again and good hunting with the 97 - may you never require it for serious social work!

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That’s awesome Ted...

Congratulations on landing a trophy gauge!

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
T Inman;
Thanks for the reply and report sir.

It's gratifying to know that there's still firms and folks out there who take pride in their workmanship for sure.

As well as the look for sure, one thing I don't mind about say a lever gun for "social shoo bear" work is that they can be checked with one's hands easily with a modicum of practice. That's sorta handy either in the dark or when one is fixated upon a recalcitrant bruin which one is in the midst of negotiations with.

I vividly recall my ancient and as it turned out dirty magazine tube on my Lakefield Mossberg 500 binding up on me while I was explaining to a yard black bear that it really should look elsewhere for handouts. When I ran the action I knew the sound was off and by muscle reflex opened it up and dropped a shell into the chamber.

Then I started to fool with the magazine and yes in fact the shells were stuck in place therein.....

It was, as I recall a bit of a conundrum for me to both negotiate with the bear for a smooth exit for both parties while trying to unjam the thing.

Anyways, that's the beginning of my finding the Hi-Viz Delrin followers we discussed.

That reminds me, I may have to try to fabricate one for my old 94 just because....

Thanks again and good hunting with the 97 - may you never require it for serious social work!

Dwayne

I may look into a Delrin follower for this thing too. It is obvious that they're quality and it does make my 870 Marine feed smoother.

The last two years I have had incidents with bears and my dead critters. Slugs in this thing will be a piece of mind, though my 870 Marine is going to be a bit jealous especially in Alaska where that nickel plated 870 was designed to operate. I'll carry both for a while and see if the rain and humidity in Alaska make me go back to the 870...in which case I'll keep the '97 for home defense and for when hunting elk in drier WY and MT.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Late seeing this thread, but I put a lot of thought into a tactical shotgun over the years - and wound up with an AR.

I watched a guy at the range one day shooting a Benelli M4. I was very curious about it, as this model is supposed to be THE primo tactical shotgun. At ~25 yards, his buckshot loads were making nice neat 4-5 inch groups. It was clear watching that M4, you still have to aim the damn things successfully to hit the bad guy. And it has less shots onboard & more recoil than an AR, and is longer and less handy.

Bullpup shotguns? "Spreader" loads? Blunderbusses? grin well, they might work. Quality AR's damn near always work....

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

343 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 264mag, 160user, 320090T, 2500HD, 33 invisible), 1,454 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,866
Posts18,497,398
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.