-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What an exciting professional response. I prefer real bear commentary from those who hunt them, like my personal friend-Phil Shoemaker in Wasila and the Interior.
Have you encountered the small round dark pellets left by deer, even sitka deer? I suggest you read my thoughts while you chew a few with your coffee.
It definitely appears you spend a lot of time at the computer, but not around bears or knowledgeable hunters, biologists or guides. Ever heard of the Craigheads or William Wright?
Sign your posts so that you get full credit for your departures into fact-less commentary.
HR M
Lt Colonel-USA-R (Khe Sanh-71-72) MACVSOG-5th SpecialForces Gp(ABN)-10th SFG(ABN)-7th SFG(ABN)
Vietnam 70-72
SFA-LIFE
SOA-LIFE
NRA-LIFE

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
GB1

Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by ironbender
This spot reserved for Sd.

Bastid!

Schitstirrer!

I know you are not a Herrero fanboi.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 450Fuller
What an exciting professional response. I prefer real bear commentary from those who hunt them, like my personal friend-Phil Shoemaker in Wasila and the Interior.
Have you encountered the small round dark pellets left by deer, even sitka deer? I suggest you read my thoughts while you chew a few with your coffee.
It definitely appears you spend a lot of time at the computer, but not around bears or knowledgeable hunters, biologists or guides. Ever heard of the Craigheads or William Wright?
Sign your posts so that you get full credit for your departures into fact-less commentary.
HR M
Lt Colonel-USA-R (Khe Sanh-71-72) MACVSOG-5th SpecialForces Gp(ABN)-10th SFG(ABN)-7th SFG(ABN)
Vietnam 70-72
SFA-LIFE
SOA-LIFE
NRA-LIFE

Please, do continue... or perhaps you can do a search here. You might even find enough information to understand I once saw a bear.

Arguments to authority do not mean squat. Your military background has absolutely nothing to do with your bear knowledge or experience or basic credentials.

Herrero has two versions of his "best seller" out there. He was jumped on by lots of folks for his agenda and bad facts and rewrote the book. Sadly, he did not do the basic courtesy of changing the title. Many quote from his book without realizing they are spouting nonsense from the first edition.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The real subject is not about Herrero, who is just a college professor-and may be a Canadian liberal.

It is about bear encounters and bears: black or brown with teeth and claws.
That you displayed no specific knowledge of the two fatal attacks outside National parks: Glacier
and the Wind River Range NE of Yellowstone speaks volumes. I never argue with a fool or wrestle with
a hog. You just get dirty and the idiot pig has a good time. Take a .22 and bear spray into the bush if you wish.
I guarantee you the family of the man killed near Hope wish he had taken a heavy handgun with him, at least.
He apparently had enough time to empty a can of spray. You need a backup firearm with authority.

Credibility is like virginity, once you lose it-it ain't coming back.

Sign your posts.

Last edited by 450Fuller; 08/19/20.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Many, many folks here have fished, hunted, boated, or spent time around me. Hundreds, in fact. Any and all argument to authority is meritless. I have seen the insides of a lot more bears than most. I even knew Dan, the victim. I skinned the better part of 6 black bears this spring. If you have a disagreement with my statements, tell me what they are. Suggesting Herrero is a valid source indicates you believe him. That proves your information is not from personal experience. Got it?

Last edited by Sitka deer; 08/19/20. Reason: Auto-correct sucks

Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Was dan only armed with spray? That article was the first indication of any protection (such as it is) I have heard/read.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I haven't seen any mention of anything other than an empty can of spray.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las

The empty spray can was probably found late in the search of the area...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did you trap those blacks or poison them? Reading your comments, my guess is that in a tight spot , an interior griz is gonna skin you .
Sign your posts, so that I will know when you are on the trail anywhere near me. You being a fan of Herrero and his expertise.
It looks like you would'nt know an 1886 from the front end of a 450 Alaskan.

Got it, pilgrim?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did you trap those blacks or poison them? Reading your comments, my guess is that in a tight spot , an interior griz is gonna skin you .
Sign your posts, so that I will know when you are on the trail anywhere near me. You being a fan of Herrero and his expertise.

Got it, pilgrim?

Hey you in bottom of the hole! You can stop digging now!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las

The empty spray can was probably found late in the search of the area...

OR... finding it did not fit the official agenda and was not announced until later...

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
HR M
Vietnam 70-72
SFA-LIFE
SOA-LIFE
NRA-LIFE

Sir:

I don't know either you or Sitka Deer,

However I've read this thread, and nothing you say makes any sense. You've contradicted yourself from post to post.

I ask you this: how many bears have you killed?

How many bears have you even been face to face with?

(BTW, black bears in the garbage don't count, we've ALL been there)

JM
SSGT/TSGT- R (OEF, OEF-P, OIF, OND)

B-1/61 INF
B-1/222 AVN
D-1/207 AVN
B1-207 AVN
206 CBCS
332 ECS
249 AS
816 AS
144 AS
22 YEAR ALASKAN

On a side note, 99.9% of those claiming to be 5th GP MACV-SOG are %ing liars... any way you care to vet your claims?

Last edited by LoadClear; 08/20/20.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I got quite a bit more information from individuals on the scene and will only say it was probably not a preventable attack and Dan was likely taken totally by surprise.

He was a good guy...

But no reliable info about the empty bear spray can? You poor stupid lying fuuck... Been stealing anymore stocks?? 2 of the biggest culls via 24 hr campfire, art and Larry are from Alaska, who'da thunk??

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LoadClear
HR M
Vietnam 70-72
SFA-LIFE
SOA-LIFE
NRA-LIFE

Sir:

I don't know either you or Sitka Deer,

However I've read this thread, and nothing you say makes any sense. You've contradicted yourself from post to post.

I ask you this: how many bears have you killed?

How many bears have you even been face to face with?

(BTW, black bears in the garbage don't count, we've ALL been there)

JM
SSGT/TSGT- R (OEF, OEF-P, OIF, OND)

B-1/61 INF
B-1/222 AVN
D-1/207 AVN
B1-207 AVN
206 CBCS
332 ECS
249 AS
816 AS
144 AS
22 YEAR ALASKAN

On a side note, 99.9% of those claiming to be 5th GP MACV-SOG are %ing liars... any way you care to vet your claims?

I have no idea who you are or if anything you say can be vetted... But I have gotten emails, phone calls, and a bunch more contacts from people saying he is FOS and typical "stolen valor" trash. Several obvious points stand out.to many. Several are trying to figure out who "Mr Transparent" is. Because of your call out and this response and the probability of stolen valor... you figure it out! wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Judman
I got quite a bit more information from individuals on the scene and will only say it was probably not a preventable attack and Dan was likely taken totally by surprise.

He was a good guy...

But no reliable info about the empty bear spray can? You poor stupid lying fuuck... Been stealing anymore stocks?? 2 of the biggest culls via 24 hr campfire, art and Larry are from Alaska, who'da thunk??

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Judman
You have been on ignore for a long time and you know this because of the note you get when you attempt to PM me. You are not worth pissing on, especially in light of the possibility you may be on fire and it would be of benefit to your throat. Though you do so mightily crave micturition, especially when "live streamed!"

Without looking I know you are bad-mouthing me because I have lived and done things where and how you can never dream nor imagine doing them.

I know far more about you than you can imagine, because I fell for the idea you were worthy. I was wrong, very wrong. You are a pathetic piece of trash fueled by a position of authority. And the need for a prisoner to express Stockholm syndrome.

There is much more I could say, but frankly, you are not even close to worthy. I promise to never open nor respond to another post of yours. Please give me the same courtesy. Should you fail I might start posting specific facts and incidents. At your best you are not worth pissing on.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ol lyin Art, never pm’d you ever, typical for you though, lying thief...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

Got it, pilgrim?

Ignorance and arrogance is a dangerous combination. How did you ever get out of junior high?

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
How did you ever get out of junior high?

You assume he got out.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,627 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.