Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Too late. I won't use tires that pull left. They didn't have the balls to stick to their guns. Apparently lots of PDs let them know their contracts would not be renewed and their stock tanked. Stupid beyond belief.

https://www.rt.com/usa/498454-goodyear-damage-control-trump-boycott/

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Screw them- cat's out of the bag now.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You guys are not supporting the American ideal of free commerce.

They should be able to run their business as they chose, and the "system" appears to have worked in this case.

They made a decision, the consumers said FU, and they reversed their decision.

You folks do realize we're talking about a corporate entity, right? Their obligation is to their shareholders to make a profit. Not to support a cause or not support a cause on moral grounds.

I for one, think it was good business on their part to rescind their earlier decision.

The capitalist system worked this time. Supplier realized their demand would go down and they righted the ship. After it took on some water perhaps.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I wouldn't say their stock "tanked". But certainly it is down this week, and they are attempting damage control. Apparently they didn't know who their actual customers are. I hope their stock DOES tank.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hahaha

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Fugg Goodyear! iIcan't wait to get them off my Ford F-150. Goodyears are the stock tires on Fords, we should all write Ford and tell them we won't buy another Ford if they have Goodyears on them!

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Valsdad

They should be able to run their business as they chose, and the "system" appears to have worked in this case.

You folks do realize we're talking about a corporate entity, right? Their obligation is to their shareholders to make a profit. Not to support a cause or not support a cause on moral grounds.

I for one, think it was good business on their part to rescind their earlier decision.

The capitalist system worked this time. Supplier realized their demand would go down and they righted the ship. After it took on some water perhaps.

Read the article closely. They didn’t rescind anything and their clarification showed the truth of the original accusation as they ban, “political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues.”

In other words BLM & rainbows aren’t the same as political speech or even advocacy like blue lives matter and therefore acceptable.

To your point, if they made a 180 I’d put them on my list of acceptable brands but fact is they are bending the knee to the communists and won’t get my business.

They’re free to whatever Corp policies they like and I’m free not to spend my money on their stuff.

Did the same w/ Dollar Shave Club when they announced they’d be giving money to BLM and told them so.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't agree with what they find acceptable and not acceptable.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Goodyear sucks. Never bought one in my life. Any vehicle they came stock on, they were replaced with Michelin or Firestone when it came time for new tires. Couldn't care less what their policies are.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Smarquez: To little to late.
No more Goodyear Wrangler Radials for me.
Fugg'em.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was hoping to read they had done more than their initial response

They are still committed to seeing BLM support as valid in the workplace while "political" statements like MAGA aren't allowed.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by smarquez
Too late. I won't use tires that pull left. They didn't have the balls to stick to their guns. Apparently lots of PDs let them know their contracts would not be renewed and their stock tanked. Stupid beyond belief.

https://www.rt.com/usa/498454-goodyear-damage-control-trump-boycott/

It's funny how this RUSSIAN news site has more actual news than all the MSM combined.

I hope Goodyear stock tanks and their dealers give corporate hell.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Plenty of other good choices out there besides Goodyear. Fugg em!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I would like to agree with you, however, my suspicion tells me they just backpedaled publicly..... which means their view didn't change, they just suddenly realized that it was a bad idea to say it out loud. I won't be buying any simply based on their views, whether they make them public or not. I'll stick to my Coopers.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What are you talking about, they make a tire and I choose to buy or not to buy. It doesn’t get any more free than that. No one stripped them of their ability to do a damn thing.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sorry Goodyear. You're a day late and a dollar short.

Tarquin
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
You just cant fix stupid....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The USA Military uses quite a bit of Goodyear tire products. Now if President Trump would just whisper in the ear of.....,..

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S

Somebody made a really stupid decision without regard for shareholders. They have shown their true colors. And they accused a large portion of their employees of being racist or they wouldn't have tried to shove this bullshit down their throats.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw

Read the article closely. They didn’t rescind anything and their clarification showed the truth of the original accusation as they ban, “political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues.”

In other words BLM & rainbows aren’t the same as political speech or even advocacy like blue lives matter and therefore acceptable.

To your point, if they made a 180 I’d put them on my list of acceptable brands but fact is they are bending the knee to the communists and won’t get my business.

They’re free to whatever Corp policies they like and I’m free not to spend my money on their stuff.

Did the same w/ Dollar Shave Club when they announced they’d be giving money to BLM and told them so.

Interesting, that quote there
“political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy [b]that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues.

well then, what I said about them rescinding their position appears to be null and void, doesn't it.

I'd stick with boycotting them then, if they don't consider advocacy that promotes "racial justice and equity issues" political campaigning of as similar nature as a MAGA hat.

Apparently, in this case, my feelings that the capitalist system worked are wrong. They didn't go far enough in listening to their customers, at least that segment that will quit buying for them,.

Just like sports, politics and business are strange bedfellows, eh?

Might be interesting to see who sits on their Board of Directors. I'm guessing there might be a couple of generally "conservative" folks, who as I mentioned are voting along profit making lines, not moral lines. And for all we know they voted against or abstained on the original proposal and were outvoted.

I'll read the article closer the next time.

Maybe if you former Goodyear buyers continue to let them know how you feel, and contact Ford and other OEM users, and get your LEO's and county road depts on board, then perhaps there will be a full rollback of their policies.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (01Foreman400, Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,427 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.