Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Antlers is going into his cut and paste subterfuge meltdown mode again
”Meltdown”...? The last time you tried to step up to the plate, YOU ended up callin’ me names...! lol

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Jim1611
So God does not exist and the founders didn't rely on God for divine wisdom on setting up our nation and those that sailed over on the Mayflower were not honest to goodness Bible believing people?

The Greeks believed in the Gods of Olympus, they also built cities, developed a culture, philosophy, rational inquiry, etc. Does that mean the Gods of Olympus were real?

I'm very familiar with Greek Mythology, we were exposed to it allot in school. Much of it was very interesting too. I also find the Bible interesting. I see your point. I would like to make a point too. No other faith seems to have been more maligned than the Christian one. I wonder why too since in my own mind I feel I've never been a threat to anyone and how they want to believe so it brings me to other reasons.

Here's one that has entered my mind in watching the post on this thread. We that believe in the God of Creation and the one that sent his Son to die on the cross and for me, I won't say for everyone, my faith doesn't come by God proving anything to me. I made a choice to do so. I also made a choice to trust that all I read in the Bible is true. Yes it was written by men but according to the Bible they were inspired by God. So for me to not doubt that I have to accept the entire written word. It's not so much of an acceptance by intellect either but by trusting with my heart. If your heart is not in something none of the rest of you will be either. So if you can't or won't believe in God and His word I doubt anything I can say will change that. I'm just not that smart of a guy to know how to say things. But, I would hope if you knew me in real life you'd see things in my actions that might cause you to wonder why I am the way I am. I would wonder the same about you.

I have often wondered why God just doesn't do away with Satan and end all that's bad. There is no answer for me to in reading the Bible. No doubt others have wondered the same. My only conclusion is that I'm not meant to understand everything in life. It even says so much in the Bible. So I live with it and move on.

One other thing, for now. It amazes me that there are hundreds of things predicted in the Bible years ago that have come to pass. Jesus birth was written about many years before it ever took place. Something I can't get out of my mind is as I watch all that's going on in our nation, which I dearly love, and I look back in our own nations history all that I see that has been good and the wonderful things that we have done seemed to be when we put God first. I've watched as God has been banned from things and see a decline. So for me even if you don't believe in God why would you not want the good that we have had back when we weren't so hateful towards Him? I think that's the way it was viewed by some many years ago too. Maybe they didn't care to go to church or even read the Bible but they found themselves living in a way that mirrored many of the ways God's people lived. It made them better citizens.

One final note. I'm 59 years old. I was saved at 31. My faith is way different than is was back in the beginning. Back then I had the idea allot hinged off of me being able to have the right answer for many of the questions I see here. I thought surely I would be believed. I found out that way of thinking was wrong, on my own too. Now I truly believe that prayer and just staying out of God's way will get more done that anything else. You don't want me shoving anything down your throat and I don't want it from you. You won't get it from me either, Grandpa taught me different.

So I'm going to answer my own question, about the Founders. They were led by God to write what they did. Some were not what we might call Christians but God used them and helped them anyway. These men saw that for people to live and be governed was best if there was a foundation in place and I believe the foundation they chose was the Bible, like Unalienable Rights. They saw these came from God and wrote to enforce them in our Constitution, Bill or Rights and our laws. They did this for our own good. Now it's under attack. Whether you believe in God or not I'd think you'd have to admit we're not heading in the right direction by kicking God out of everything.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jim1611, I understood that the US constitution had basis on belief in god and was not religion specific, so how does that work? Which version of god gave them their guidance?

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 08/21/20.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Jim1611, I understood that the US constitution had basis on belief in god and was not religion specific, so how does that work? Which version of god gave them their guidance?

Uh, maybe the one that didnt require we cut throats of those who werent believers, or that we became a cow after we died? Duuuuh!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
So God does not exist and the founders didn't rely on God for divine wisdom on setting up our nation and those that sailed over on the Mayflower were not honest to goodness Bible believing people?

The Greeks believed in the Gods of Olympus, they also built cities, developed a culture, philosophy, rational inquiry, etc. Does that mean the Gods of Olympus were real?

I'm very familiar with Greek Mythology, we were exposed to it allot in school. Much of it was very interesting too. I also find the Bible interesting. I see your point. I would like to make a point too. No other faith seems to have been more maligned than the Christian one. I wonder why too since in my own mind I feel I've never been a threat to anyone and how they want to believe so it brings me to other reasons.

Here's one that has entered my mind in watching the post on this thread. We that believe in the God of Creation and the one that sent his Son to die on the cross and for me, I won't say for everyone, my faith doesn't come by God proving anything to me. I made a choice to do so. I also made a choice to trust that all I read in the Bible is true. Yes it was written by men but according to the Bible they were inspired by God. So for me to not doubt that I have to accept the entire written word. It's not so much of an acceptance by intellect either but by trusting with my heart. If your heart is not in something none of the rest of you will be either. So if you can't or won't believe in God and His word I doubt anything I can say will change that. I'm just not that smart of a guy to know how to say things. But, I would hope if you knew me in real life you'd see things in my actions that might cause you to wonder why I am the way I am. I would wonder the same about you.

I have often wondered why God just doesn't do away with Satan and end all that's bad. There is no answer for me to in reading the Bible. No doubt others have wondered the same. My only conclusion is that I'm not meant to understand everything in life. It even says so much in the Bible. So I live with it and move on.

One other thing, for now. It amazes me that there are hundreds of things predicted in the Bible years ago that have come to pass. Jesus birth was written about many years before it ever took place. Something I can't get out of my mind is as I watch all that's going on in our nation, which I dearly love, and I look back in our own nations history all that I see that has been good and the wonderful things that we have done seemed to be when we put God first. I've watched as God has been banned from things and see a decline. So for me even if you don't believe in God why would you not want the good that we have had back when we weren't so hateful towards Him? I think that's the way it was viewed by some many years ago too. Maybe they didn't care to go to church or even read the Bible but they found themselves living in a way that mirrored many of the ways God's people lived. It made them better citizens.

One final note. I'm 59 years old. I was saved at 31. My faith is way different than is was back in the beginning. Back then I had the idea allot hinged off of me being able to have the right answer for many of the questions I see here. I thought surely I would be believed. I found out that way of thinking was wrong, on my own too. Now I truly believe that prayer and just staying out of God's way will get more done that anything else. You don't want me shoving anything down your throat and I don't want it from you. You won't get it from me either, Grandpa taught me different.

So I'm going to answer my own question, about the Founders. They were led by God to write what they did. Some were not what we might call Christians but God used them and helped them anyway. These men saw that for people to live and be governed was best if there was a foundation in place and I believe the foundation they chose was the Bible, like Unalienable Rights. They saw these came from God and wrote to enforce them in our Constitution, Bill or Rights and our laws. They did this for our own good. Now it's under attack. Whether you believe in God or not I'd think you'd have to admit we're not heading in the right direction by kicking God out of everything.

Great post. Thanks. Even though you misspelled something, dont worry about it too much, because i think HE forgives you, even if some of our Fire buds dont.

Thanks, take care and GOD bless.
Jag.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
It has *everything* to do with the clear fact that you can’t stand it that believers choose to believe in something that ‘you’ don’t want them to believe in. You show ‘that’ clearly in every single thread along these lines

You are making excuses. I made it clear what issue is. Which is not about what I want or believe, or what you want to believe, but what is true regardless of what anyone wants or believes.

Is that too hard to grasp?

Being at a loss when it comes to rational argument, you try to make it personal. Which means you haven't offered a rational argument, you haven't made a case, you have lost the argument.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
”Meltdown”...? The last time you tried to step up to the plate, YOU ended up callin’ me names...! lol

No, it's clear that you do go into meltdown mode, complaining about your opponent or laffin, laffin, laffin, when you should be addressing the points being raised.

Last edited by DBT; 08/21/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

So ALL other gods are real, lest one
subscribes to christian bias and bigotry.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

If what you believe brings you comfort and joy, it's nobody's business but your own. It's just that posting beliefs on a discussion forum opens them to questioning.

As to the founders of Judaism and Christianity, both religions involved a long process of development, Judaism borrowed and adapted ideas and stories from surrounding cultures, Christianity and the bible formed through a series of councils. And of course splintered into different groups right from the beginning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
I made it clear what the issue is.
You made it clear that you get pissed off and bothered because believers ‘are’ believers.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
No, it's clear that you do go into meltdown mode, complaining about your opponent or laffin, laffin, laffin, when you should be addressing the points being raised.
So you also get pissed off and bothered because I laugh at what you say, and because I don’t do what ‘you’ think I “should be” doing...? lol

And I certainly don’t consider ‘you’ an “opponent”.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
If what you believe brings you comfort and joy, it's nobody's business but your own. It's just that posting beliefs on a discussion forum opens them to questioning.
What makes you think that Jim1611 has to be open to ‘your’ questioning...? The man can discuss his beliefs on this matter without being obligated to being open to ‘your’ questioning...!

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
I made it clear what the issue is.
You made it clear that you get pissed off and bothered because believers ‘are’ believers.

Where did I do that? You need to back your claim with evidence.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
What makes you think that Jim1611 has to be open to ‘your’ questioning...? The man can discuss his beliefs on this matter without being obligated to being open to ‘your’ questioning...!

He chose to respond. He was not forced. Nobody is being compelled to respond.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
He chose to respond.
So what...? Doesn’t mean that he has to be open to ‘your’ questioning just because he’s discussing his beliefs...!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What exempts anyone's beliefs from being
Questioned?

Christians have questioned other Christians
for two millennia and counting.
.. even going to war with each other
over mere differences of opinion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I don’t know about google Siri but I DO KNOW that God answers my prayers.....or at least has answered my prayers. I’m not interested in arguing or debating the things that I know to be true in my life and in my experiences. As a firefighter/EMT for many years I witnessed some awful things, things that you never forget, things that still wake me up in the middle of the night but I also witnessed miracles that could not have been possible without divine intervention. I’ve been the recipient of answered prayers and I’ve been a witness to other’s whose prayers have been answered.

I don’t pretend to believe that I can change hardened hearts or minds that have been made up. I also know you can make fun of me and laugh at my experiences because it matters not to me. I’ll go to my grave thanking God for the blessings he’s bestowed upon me and mine.

Pagans of various variety over millenia have made
the same claim- crediting their gods for showing
them favor and ensuring success in challenging
circumstances.

We can take that to mean their deities are just
as real, valid and effective as anothers... yet
Christians disparage such deities as being false.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
He chose to respond.
So what...? Doesn’t mean that he has to be open to ‘your’ questioning just because he’s discussing his beliefs...!

He was discussing his beliefs with me. His choice. Why are you so sad about it? Why is it a problem for you?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did their gods predict the rise and fall of Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome?

Did their gods predict the unlikely dispersal and reconstitution of Israel?

Did their gods predict the end days being Saudi and Israel against Russia and Iran?

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The bible is a mixed bag of vague prophesies, revelation, etc, after the fact and failed prophesies, Tyre, Egypt, the return of Jesus in power and glory within the lifetime of those standing there listening to the words and their promise, etc.

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1941USMC, 45 invisible), 1,815 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,002
Posts18,520,503
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.