Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RayF
Did their gods predict the rise and fall of Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome?

Did their gods predict the unlikely dispersal and reconstitution of Israel?

Did their gods predict the end days being Saudi and Israel against Russia and Iran?

Like these?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfulfilled_Christian_religious_predictions

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 08/22/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
The bible is a mixed bag of vague prophesies, revelation, etc, after the fact and failed prophesies, Tyre, Egypt, the return of Jesus in power and glory within the lifetime of those standing there listening to the words and their promise, etc.

Vague to you and not after the fact. The dating of the Dead Sea Scrolls verifies this. God not only gave Daniel the the description of kingdoms that will follow Babylon, but the detailed way Babylon will be defeated and the name of the conqueror. The scroll upon which it is written is 150 years older than the event.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
The bible is a mixed bag of vague prophesies, revelation, etc, after the fact and failed prophesies, Tyre, Egypt, the return of Jesus in power and glory within the lifetime of those standing there listening to the words and their promise, etc.

Vague to you and not after the fact. The dating of the Dead Sea Scrolls verifies this. God not only gave Daniel the the description of kingdoms that will follow Babylon, but the detailed way Babylon will be defeated and the name of the conqueror. The scroll upon which it is written is 150 years older than the event.

There is no mention of the modern day state of Saudi state, Russia, America, Australia, etc, in the bible.....we have current christian projection and interpretation of symbolic language that actually referred to biblical times and places. Some of it wrong at that, Tyre, Egypt, etc.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I asked if their gods predicted specific events that have come true. You replied with wikipedia results of Jesus’ claim of future false prophets (which has occurred ever since) and, ironically, the predictions of false prophets. Neither are relevant to my questions.

- Socrates
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
There is no mention of the modern day state of Saudi state, Russia, America, Australia, etc, in the bible.....we have current christian projection and interpretation of symbolic language that actually referred to biblical times and places. Some of it wrong at that, Tyre, Egypt, etc.

I gave you events of historical evidence. You’re stuck on Tyre and Egypt....which I did not mention.

You are correct in saying it does not mention America, Australia, etc. Notice how I didn’t either? That’s because they are not of significant consequence in the end days. Gog, Magog, Persia and Israel. Dismissing the events I mentioned as symbolic ignores a lot of facts, but thats par for the atheistic side of these debates. Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations on irrelevant points.

How Israel has defeated all of its modern adversaries is a miracle in itself. They were attacked on 3 sides almost immediately after becoming the new state. No command & control. No organization. No armor. No air force. They’ve been winning ever since. That should compel any truly inquiring mind, regardless of religious affiliation.

I’ll give you last word, as I only write to inform. Not argue.

- Socrates
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is an unsettling solution for just about everything, and it can be summed up in one word. Grace. It’s the undeserved, unearned, unearnable favor that Jesus came to offer us. So why wouldn’t all of us want the original version of Christianity to be true...?
There’s a big difference between ‘I don’t believe it’s true’ and ‘I don’t want it to be true’.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Jim1611, I understood that the US constitution had basis on belief in god and was not religion specific, so how does that work? Which version of god gave them their guidance?

There are several reasons to know the Founders were influenced by the same God that we as Christians worship. I read the journal entries, or as close to the original ones I could find, of William Bradford. As you know he was the first governor of the newly founded settlements that the Pilgrims established. Those people left England over not being able to worship freely. They were compelled to be Catholics and chose not to. So I think it's very plain they were not Muslim, Buddhist or Hindu. Over the years they grew in number and for the most part they were what settled here. We also had some real honest to goodness slime that came too and they worshiped nothing but themselves.

Also remember the problems we had with the Muslim pirates during Thomas Jefferson's presidency? He considered them an enemy and dealt with them as such. My point is that there is more than enough evidence to see that we were founded as a Christian nation. Nowhere will you find they made it mandatory that it was to be the only faith allowed. They left that part alone. They told us that all men were created equal. Our Constitution never made it so that anyone of any faith could not live here. It still doesn't.

For years our schools were filled with prayer and the Bible. Now it's not allowed. If you want to read the Koran and teach it that's fine though. When our kids grew up with a foundation based on Christianity we had fewer problems. They were not compelled to follow the faith and some never did but as long as they lived according to the basic principals taught in the Bible they did pretty good. So if we want to know what has went wrong we have plenty to lead us to the conclusion that our allowing God to be forsaken as a nation was the cause. My God never forced his way on anyone but the same can't be said of any other.

Last edited by Jim1611; 08/22/20.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Jim1611

For years our schools were filled with prayer and the Bible.

I don't recall those years. Best keep prayer where it belongs, out of school. If that bothers you so much, send your kids to a private, religious school.
There is a reason for separation of church and state. While many here would love to install a Christian caliphate, you are ignoring and reinventing the Constitution, as many here are wont to do.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
There is a reason for separation of church and state. While many here would love to install a Christian caliphate, you are ignoring and reinventing the Constitution, as many here are wont to do.

You are mistaken. When the founding fathers established this government, it was “installed” in a “Christian caliphate”. God is mentioned 4 times in the Declaration of Independence. He’s mentioned in the Constitution, as well (“...endowed by their Creator.”). They were christians. Any reference to the one true God was reflected by a capitalization of the pronoun.

As far as the separation of church and state, it wasn’t an effort to disregard God or Jesus. It was an establishment of tolerance of the manner in which a person wanted to worship God and to a lesser degree, other religions. This was done to avoid the extent in which the monarchs of England were forcing religion on their subjects. It was not done to promote atheism or denounce christianity in government. They prayed daily in their official capacity.

- Socrates
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I don't recall those years. Best keep prayer where it belongs, out of school. If that bothers you so much, send your kids to a private, religious school.

I do recall them. I grew up in a rural area though. We are sending 2 grandkids to just the type school you suggest. It's working real nice too.

Let me ask you a question. If you prefer "separation of church and state" then what do you think of the Koran being taught in schools? Or allowing Muslim prayer time in schools? And is it wrong for me as an ardent Christian so hold a public office and use my beliefs to form policy?

Also how am I ignoring/reinventing the Constitution?

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
'The hand that rocks the cradle guides the nation". Over, and over, bring children up in "The Way. They may stray when they are young, but most will come to Christ.

John Newton was as hard hearted and blastphamous. He found Christ during a storm at sea.

Remember this?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I asked if their gods predicted specific events that have come true.. .

Pagan Constantines victory at Milvian Bridge
and consequent rule for 30 yrs was predicted
by the pagan God Apollo.
Constantine honored Sol Invictus the God of
soldiers, so clearly that deity had a hand in
matters.

Prior to this in 272 AD, Aurelian and his soldiers
were inspired by a "divine form" at the Battle of Emesa
against Zenobia... after victory , Aurelian entered the
city and went to the Temple of Elagabalus, where the
apparition again appeared to him....

.. and naturally , more divinely inspired success
followed...

Aurelian triumphantly returned to Rome two
years later, after recovering the Gallic Empire!!
A magnificent temple to Sol was erected, to
which great quantities of gold and jewels
were dedicated, and a new college of pontiffs
established to serve the God.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Starman
Pagan Constantines victory at Milvian Bridge
and consequent rule for 30 yrs was predicted by the pagan God Apollo.

I don’t know if you are intentionally misleading or just misguided, but only 2 authors write of Constantine’s victory and neither claim Apollo predicted anything. One suggested that Constantine claimed to have seen a burning cross in the sky on the previous day. The other doesn’t mention it. These are written after the battle.

That’s the equivalent of me saying I knew you were going to mention Apollo. I just waited for you to say it first.

A Dead Sea Scroll mentioning Cyrus’ (by his name) attack of Babylon through the river gates on documents that are dated 150 years older than the event is more than a little more substantial.

Start at Isaiah 42:26. It’s not so....how you say.....cryptic as the Apollo claim.

- Socrates
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

I gave you events of historical evidence. You’re stuck on Tyre and Egypt....which I did not mention.

You are correct in saying it does not mention America, Australia, etc. Notice how I didn’t either? That’s because they are not of significant consequence in the end days. Gog, Magog, Persia and Israel. Dismissing the events I mentioned as symbolic ignores a lot of facts, but thats par for the atheistic side of these debates. Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations on irrelevant points.

How Israel has defeated all of its modern adversaries is a miracle in itself. They were attacked on 3 sides almost immediately after becoming the new state. No command & control. No organization. No armor. No air force. They’ve been winning ever since. That should compel any truly inquiring mind, regardless of religious affiliation.

Sorry, I didn't see historical evidence. I did see you refer to things written in the bible...which is not evidence for the truth of the things written in the bible...some of which is demonstrably false, e.g, Tyre, Egypt, etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I don’t know if you are intentionally misleading or just misguided, but only 2 authors write of Constantine’s victory and neither claim Apollo predicted anything. One suggested that Constantine claimed to have seen a
burning cross in the sky on the previous day. The other doesn’t mention it.
These are written after the battle.

LOL.. 😂, evidently you don't know the subject very well.

The two christian narrative versions of Constantines
experience are dated later than the other pagan or
non-Christian recorded accounts ( that you in your
ignorance be unaware of.)

Belated Christian versions >

~ 337 AD Eusebius a christian bishop and polemicist
in Roman Caesarea. and self appointed biographer stated
Re: 'Caesarea’s De vita Constantini' (1.26-32),

"... whereupon Christ appeared in a dream and instructed
him to fashion himself a copy of the holy sign, which
would protect him against his enemies"

~ Lactantius a christian author, (some 20 yrs prior to Eusebius)
stated Re: 'De mortibus persecutorum' : (44.1-11)

"Constantine was directed in a dream to cause the heavenly
sign to be delineated on the shields of his soldiers, and so to
proceed to battle. He did as he had been commanded, and he
marked on their shields the letter Χ,"

Earlier dated Pagan versions. >

~ Panegyrici Latini VI - 'Vision of Constantius'
An oration concerning Constantines visit to
the Temple of Apollo - delivered before the
Emperor Constantine in Trier, ca. AD 310.
(prior to the battle)

.." Fortune herself so ordered this matter that the happy outcome
of your affairs prompted you to convey to the immortal gods
what you had vowed at the very spot where you had turned
aside toward the most beautiful temple in the whole world,
or rather, to the deity made manifest, as you saw. For you saw,
I believe, O Constantine, your Apollo, accompanied by Victory,
offering you laurel wreaths, each one of which carries a
portent of thirty years. For this is the number of human ages
which are owed to you without fail—beyond the old age of a Nestor.
And—now why do I say “I believe”?—you saw, and recognized
yourself in the likeness of him to whom the divine songs of
the bards had prophesied that rule over the whole world was due.
And this I think has now happened, since you are, O Emperor,
like he, youthful, joyful, a bringer of health and very handsome.
Rightly, therefore, have you honored those most venerable shrines
with such great treasures that they do not miss their old ones,
any longer. Now may all the temples be seen to beckon you to them,
and particularly our Apollo, whose boiling waters punish perjuries—
which ought to be especially hateful to you."

~ Panegyrici Latini IV, oration delivered in Rome
in 321 AD .by Nazarius:

".. a heavenly army bearing flaming arms and led by
none other than the deified Constantius I descended
from the sky to provide divine assistance."

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by DBT

Trying to rewrite History there buddy, Australian Light Horseman took control of Beersheba back in 1917 when they took back control of Palestine, nuthin to do with divine intervention or the chosen people. Im sure any inquiring mind would already be aware of these fact......

https://www.awm.gov.au/articles/blog/the-charge-of-the-4th-light-horse-brigade-at-beersheba

https://independentaustralia.net/australia/australia-display/remembering-the-battle-of-beersheba,13832

Laws change, people die and the land remains the same
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think that the filter of faith sees miracles wherever extraordinary, but not supernatural, events happen.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

I do recall them. I grew up in a rural area though. We are sending 2 grandkids to just the type school you suggest. It's working real nice too.

Let me ask you a question. If you prefer "separation of church and state" then what do you think of the Koran being taught in schools? Or allowing Muslim prayer time in schools? And is it wrong for me as an ardent Christian so hold a public office and use my beliefs to form policy?

Also how am I ignoring/reinventing the Constitution?

This.

Leroy cant remember zero saying he would bend us over for Putin or that we could keep our dr or save 2500 a year.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antlers
Antlers is going into his cut and paste subterfuge meltdown mode again
”Meltdown”...? The last time you tried to step up to the plate, YOU ended up callin’ me names...! lol

Truth.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by DBT
I made it clear what the issue is.
You made it clear that you get pissed off and bothered because believers ‘are’ believers.

Truth. It gets his hemorrhoids flared up for sure. He and mouser cant drop this thread.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (3040Krag, 300_savage, 2500HD, 270wsmnutt, 1badf350, 2ndwind, 48 invisible), 1,918 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,028
Posts18,520,872
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.