Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=steve99]Joe,

If you happen to find a Canon point & shoot camera in a black case on one of the outside dining tables or somewhere else, keep ahold of it for me please. Thanks,

My brother and i had a great time again. A fine time meeting new Savage nuts and being with the old ones too. Thanks for hosting![/quote
Thanks Steve. Im glad you and Gary had a good time. I have your camera and i will get it to you. Hope to see you guys next year again!!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Joe,

Thanks great, thanks! Ted had an idea for its return. If you could get that to Jay, Jay is doing some work for Ted next week and Ted said he'd meet me at the Saylorsburg Flea. If that works for you and Jay, it works for me. Otherwise, I could come and get it, don't mind a drive.

Next year for sure Joe.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve99
Joe,

Thanks great, thanks! Ted had an idea for its return. If you could get that to Jay, Jay is doing some work for Ted next week and Ted said he'd meet me at the Saylorsburg Flea. If that works for you and Jay, it works for me. Otherwise, I could come and get it, don't mind a drive.

Next year for sure Joe.

Ok. I will give it to Jay.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Arrived home at 7AM. Hope everyone else made it to their destinations safe.

Had a blast again this year, as expected. A huge thank you to Joe, Jay and Gary for all they do to make this such a huge success. It was nice seeing the faces I met last year again, along with some new ones. Sorry for the guys who couldn't make it, but there's always next year...God willin' and the river don't rise.

Can't wait till the pics are posted.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 08/24/20.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ROMAC
So close.... but alas, not in the cards for me. I hope everybody has a great, safe time.

Roger

Sure missed you Roger. I had my center console stuffed with crispy C notes hoping you had that 22 with ya. Is that a Walther model 2? Joe.

Last edited by JoeMartin; 08/24/20.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hey Joe,

Yeah I still have it. I think it is a Model 2 presentation grade off of the top of my head,

I was fondling it just the other day. I was giving everything in the safes a wipe down and spent a little extra time admiring it.

I read one time that something like 20 of them were supposedly made by Walther as gifts for bigwigs between the wars but who knows. Information is scarce and sketchy at best.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
G
gnoahhh Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Like the Maltese Falcon, 'tis the stuff dreams are made of.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I was asked about the action.

It is essentially a semi-auto with a bolt action feature.

If you fire it with the bolt up the recoil cycles the action, if the bolt is closed(down) it operates like a bolt gun with a magazine clip feed.

Roger

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW!

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Talk about the stuff of dreams, Gary brought his Ballard Pope single shot 22. What a sweet shooting rifle with a very nice trigger. Thank you for letting me put a few down range Gary.

IC B3

G
gnoahhh Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
That 5/8" group you fired with it at 100 yards was pretty nice, Steve! Never underestimate us old guys armed with old rifles, eh?!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Looks like a good time was had. Liked the pictures.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
That 5/8" group you fired with it at 100 yards was pretty nice, Steve! Never underestimate us old guys armed with old rifles, eh?!

That’s one of my greatest joys shooting with the 30ish young guys. Let them shoot their best group, then put a group inside theirs with a 100 plus year old rifle.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,840
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.