Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bummer.

No experience with saltwater but I've seen plenty of guys introduced to wing dams on the river up here - usually a bad day.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Slightly OT, but we winter with our 5th wheel in Port A, Mustang island specifically.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Man, I bet that hurt. My sister-in-law's brother put their 35' boat on a sandbar one time. Everyone on board hit something, but no bad injuries. Hope the hull ain't cracked.

Since he's OK, there will come the day when you guys won't let him live it down. Mix him up a drink with 1 whiskey, 1 scotch, & 1 beer over ice. When you hand it to him, tell him that it's called a "Brian on the Rocks". grin

haven't asked him what happened, figured he tell when he's ready.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Kidding aside, I'm sorry your friend ran aground. I did years ago in Putrid Sound onto a mud flat in my 25' Thompson CC. TG it was at low tide, and a few hours later we were free and backing away.

I hope his boat was insured and is repairable, and I'm glad he's OK.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just trying to figure out is that looking toward CCNAS from the island?

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Is the Barbra Mandrell tour bus OK?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can only imagine the sickening feeling your friend got when he hit those rocks. That sucks bigtime.

A buddy of mine years ago got too close to the rocky shoreline and hit a submerged rock ripping the bottom out of his Dad's fancy ski boat. Sunk it in about 40 feet of water.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DCR48
Just trying to figure out is that looking toward CCNAS from the island?

The two long rock jetties flank the shipping channel through the barrier islands, said channel linking the Gulf to Corpus Christi Bay, used constantly by oil tankers headed to and from the refineries. The channel runs northwest as you're coming in.

The boat is pointed like the it hit the outside of the jetty on the south side of the channel while it was heading in from the Gulf, said photo taken from the other side of that channel, looking WSW towards the Port Aransas shoreline.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
The inlet where my brother lives in Panama City is treacherous. The one at Port Everglades where I live is, too.

They can hurt you quick.

Whats the name of that bad sucker up in Wa where the river hits the Pacific. Haulover aint squat.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think he was trying to set up a boating accident for his guns and it went array grin

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The inlet where my brother lives in Panama City is treacherous. The one at Port Everglades where I live is, too.

They can hurt you quick.

Whats the name of that bad sucker up in Wa where the river hits the Pacific. Haulover aint squat.

The Bar on the Columbia is said to be one of the worst. Never been over that one personally, know a lot who have.

The Columbia bar is a step above the Humboldt Bay Bar, probably the second nastiest around in many conditions. I've been across it more than a couple of times. It's interesting when a captain with unlimited papers, taking ships around the world and such, gets outside and says he's a bit butt puckered coming out of a little harbor. Coming back in can get even sketchier.

Another experienced skipper got us outside, turned the 85' vessel around, and said it's going to get worse and we've got students on board, don't want to risk it. I was having a fun time and was bummed our cruise was cancelled. Fisheries schools in Kansas (and Iowa) don't have many of those kind of opportunities. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a bird's eye view of the area:
https://www.instantstreetview.com/@27.83417,-97.112847,13z,0t

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry it happened, but glad he's okay.

Roger, was this the same boat and guy that ran aground awhile back when it was choppy out there?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

They can hurt you quick.

Haulover pumps out some nice fish, though.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

They can hurt you quick.

Cape Disappointment.

Westport can be nasty too if you don’t watch the WX and tide.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad

They can hurt you quick.

The Bar on the Columbia is said to be one of the worst. Never been over that one personally, know a lot who have.

The Columbia bar is a step above the Humboldt Bay Bar, probably the second nastiest around in many conditions. I've been across it more than a couple of times. It's interesting when a captain with unlimited papers, taking ships around the world and such, gets outside and says he's a bit butt puckered coming out of a little harbor. Coming back in can get even sketchier.

Another experienced skipper got us outside, turned the 85' vessel around, and said it's going to get worse and we've got students on board, don't want to risk it. I was having a fun time and was bummed our cruise was cancelled. Fisheries schools in Kansas (and Iowa) don't have many of those kind of opportunities. wink

That's a great Caption, you should thank him for his wisdom. Its a lot like old bold pilots, there are not many of them alive !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
just got home, we got it off, sea-tow was amazed at how little damage the boat sustained, said it was one of the best-built boats they've seen. got video I'll upload to youtube in a while.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Roger that's great news, there is not much good news to come from boat wrecks ! Get back to fishin !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
just got home, we got it off, sea-tow was amazed at how little damage the boat sustained, said it was one of the best-built boats they've seen. got video I'll upload to youtube in a while.

Good deal. I figured ya'll would have to do a lot of boat work to get it fixed.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
when Bre and I got there.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (3333vl, 44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 12 invisible), 1,507 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,749
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.