-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Jewish leaders didn’t like Jesus. They didn’t like His interpretation of the Law, and they didn’t like His rebuking of them. He was like, ‘Hey, you guy’s are into all of the rituals and all of the rules, but you’re leaving out some of the weightier things like love and compassion and grace. Who gives a flip if you have clean cups and clean hands...? What about having a clean heart...? THAT needs to be clean...!’ They didn’t like being told these things. They didn’t like these things being pointed out to them.
ALL of Jesus’ Apostles were Jews. They were raised on the Hebrew Bible, the Mosaic Laws, and the Messianic prophecies. Their lives revolved around these things. They spent 3 years with Jesus. They lived with Him, they learned from Him, they heard the things He said and they saw the things He did, and they saw how He treated others...and they felt His love for them, and they saw His love for others. THEY, to the man, ALL of them Jews, accepted Jesus as the Messiah. And Paul was a Jew, “chief among Pharisees”; he was a scholar of the Hebrew Bible, the Mosaic Laws, and the Messianic prophesies. He was expert at all of it. He even persecuted Christians. Then, he met the risen Jesus. And he, unequivocally, accepted Jesus as the Messiah. ALL of these Jewish men ‘experienced’ Jesus, and then ALL of them accepted Jesus as the Messiah...their consciences were no longer obligated to the Jewish religious authorities and their dictates, or to the legalistic descriptions, and expectations of, the Messiah in the Hebrew Bible.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://youtu.be/dZgLMnRqJfQ

This topic keeps coming up so here's a link to a documentary called,
Matching to Zion.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
The Jewish leaders didn’t like Jesus. They didn’t like His interpretation of the Law, and they didn’t like His rebuking of them. He was like, ‘Hey, you guy’s are into all of the rituals and all of the rules, but you’re leaving out some of the weightier things like love and compassion and grace. Who gives a flip if you have clean cups and clean hands...? What about having a clean heart...? THAT needs to be clean...!’ They didn’t like being told these things. They didn’t like these things being pointed out to them.
ALL of Jesus’ Apostles were Jews. They were raised on the Hebrew Bible, the Mosaic Laws, and the Messianic prophecies. Their lives revolved around these things. They spent 3 years with Jesus. They lived with Him, they learned from Him, they heard the things He said and they saw the things He did, and they saw how He treated others...and they felt His love for them, and they saw His love for others. THEY, to the man, ALL of them Jews, accepted Jesus as the Messiah. And Paul was a Jew, “chief among Pharisees”; he was a scholar of the Hebrew Bible, the Mosaic Laws, and the Messianic prophesies. He was expert at all of it. He even persecuted Christians. Then, he met the risen Jesus. And he, unequivocally, accepted Jesus as the Messiah. ALL of these Jewish men ‘experienced’ Jesus, and then ALL of them accepted Jesus as the Messiah...their consciences were no longer obligated to the Jewish religious authorities and their dictates, or to the legalistic descriptions, and expectations of, the Messiah in the Hebrew Bible.

It has nothing to do what anyone likes or dislikes, believes or disbelieves. The OT itself sets the criteria for the prophesied Messiah....criteria that Jesus does not meet. You can check this for yourself.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I like Jesus!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Jesus I know is NOT bound by the covers of a book. Many people attack the Christian faith ‘by’ attacking the Bible (using Old Covenant Messianic prophecies, for example). The Bible is NOT the foundation of the Christian faith, and the Hebrew Bible especially is NOT the foundation of the Christian faith. The faith of Christianity is tethered to the event of Jesus’ resurrection rather than to anything in the Hebrew Bible, for example. The Bible did not create Christianity. The Bible did not birth Jesus’ Church. The Christian faith is anchored to the event (the Resurrection) that sparked the movement (the Church) that brought us the Bible. Christianity began on Easter morning with an empty tomb and a risen Jesus. Those first century Jewish Christians didn’t have their lives changed by something that they read. The Apostles didn’t become emboldened and stand up to the very power structure that had Jesus crucified because of something that they read. And Saul, who was the Pharisee of Pharisees, who was expert at the Law and the Prophets, and the Messianic prophecies...such that his entire life was centered on it...didn’t become the Apostle Paul due to something that he read. All of these people’s lives were changed because of something that they saw.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Jesus Himself said that He WAS the Messiah. I believe HIM. The Samaritan woman said, “I know that Messiah (called Christ) is coming. When He comes, He will explain everything to us.” Jesus responded to her, “I who speak to you am He.”
Jesus predicted His own death and resurrection, and pulled it off...! I’m gonna go with what HE says.

Me too.

PTL I'm glad I'm not dumb as Dumb Butt T.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
JESUS CHRIST, THE SON, THE SUPERSTAR.

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Over, and Over, the solution to All troubles, is Jesus Christ The LORD!

"I believe, help my unbelief:

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Jesus I know is NOT bound by the covers of a book. Many people attack the Christian faith ‘by’ attacking the Bible (using Old Covenant Messianic prophecies, for example). The Bible is NOT the foundation of the Christian faith, and the Hebrew Bible especially is NOT the foundation of the Christian faith. The faith of Christianity is tethered to the event of Jesus’ resurrection rather than to anything in the Hebrew Bible, for example. The Bible did not create Christianity. The Bible did not birth Jesus’ Church. The Christian faith is anchored to the event (the Resurrection) that sparked the movement (the Church) that brought us the Bible. Christianity began on Easter morning with an empty tomb and a risen Jesus. Those first century Jewish Christians didn’t have their lives changed by something that they read. The Apostles didn’t become emboldened and stand up to the very power structure that had Jesus crucified because of something that they read. And Saul, who was the Pharisee of Pharisees, who was expert at the Law and the Prophets, and the Messianic prophecies...such that his entire life was centered on it...didn’t become the Apostle Paul due to something that he read. All of these people’s lives were changed because of something that they saw.

Questioning is not attacking. Something that is true and factual should stand any sort of questioning.

We only have the gospels as a source for information about Jesus.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
God does whatever He wants to.

Not if he doesn't exist.

Then there is not god to do anything.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe some atheists are not as devoted to their beliefs...or their lack of beliefs...as they’d like to think they are, since they spend ‘so’ much time and effort and emotional energy “questioning” something that they don’t even believe in...!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from events.rhema.org]

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
The word of God for the people of God.

Thanks be to God!

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
God does whatever He wants to.

Not if he doesn't exist.

Then there is not god to do anything.

Yep, but HE does exist. He didnt always, but after i asked, HE lives in my heart.

Im sorry to say, I know who lives in yours.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/24/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Happy trails good folks, "Pastor Wabigoon" needs to sleep.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
JESUS CHRIST, THE SON, THE SUPERSTAR.

You aren't dumb. You have read the Bible and made a valid decision IMHO. Some have come to different conclusions. They have choices that we disagree with. It seems like because of that, we have automatically become their enemies. That's not a big deal if they insist on seeing us that way.

What is a big deal is when they say no to Him so much that eventually He says NO to them. That's when they become unable to be convinced.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/24/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I like Jesus!
Me also. But there are things in "mainstream" Christianity that I believe went off down a swamp road and can't find its way back to Jesus. Jesus among other things was a prophet and a rabbi. If his birth was virgin why do we trace his lineage through Joseph? If he and John the Baptist taught salvation through repentance and good works and clearly endorsed the law and the old testament how can Paul come along and say "Jesus sent me to straighten things out that he forgot to say" If there were 27 or 28 generations between King David and Yeshua (Jesus) he would have 60 + million grand fathers in David's generation. Of course we know the population was small and lots of inbreeding took place. So everyone in Israel was of the seed of David and every other fertile child producing man of David's generation. I don't see any definite endorsement of the rapture in scripture without the odious Paul/Saul. And I don't see any reason to worship a trinity or to believe that Yeshau-Jesus is God. Heck, he was always speaking of God and praying to him. But I believe Yeshua/Jesus was exactly who he claimed to be and since my heart is in A-fib tonight maybe I can ask him myself.

Last edited by Hastings; 08/24/20.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Great post Don.
I've spent most of my life in the bible belt and you couldn't hit the head on this one more squarely.
Originally Posted by DonFischer
And when push came to shove, they were no where to be found or were sitting home babbling about how bad it was and did nothing to stop it except pray to a God that never did it in the first place, he had you do it!
Even now, I have great friends who are believers that do nothing other than complain about the state of affairs. Talking about it to your church family or posting on Facebook does nothing to further a cause. You can't bitch and moan your way out of a problem. Now it seems it seems to be pointing the finger everywhere but at the real problem. I think there's a saying about actions speaking louder than words.
God does not come down and fix anything, rather if he is there he leaves it for you to decide what course to take and sit back and do nothing is not one of them That get's you killed!

After losing the faith, it all makes sense why christians are on their own and he always seems to be a no show.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Slim_Jenkins
Great post Don.
I've spent most of my life in the bible belt and you couldn't hit the head on this one more squarely.
And when push came to shove, they were no where to be found or were sitting home babbling about how bad it was and did nothing to stop it except pray to a God that never did it in the first place, he had you do it!
Even now, I have great friends who are believers that do nothing other than complain about the state of affairs. Talking about it to your church family or posting on Facebook does nothing to further a cause. You can't bitch and moan your way out of a problem. Now it seems it seems to be pointing the finger everywhere but at the real problem. I think there's a saying about actions speaking louder than words.
God does not come down and fix anything, rather if he is there he leaves it for you to decide what course to take and sit back and do nothing is not one of them That get's you killed!

After losing the faith, it all makes sense why christians are on their own and he always seems to be a no show.

And they think everyone converting to their belief is going to make the world a better place. There's thousands of years of evidence to the contrary. And that's being mild giving them some slack that they may be naïve but it's really a case of bigotry and deceit - persisting with a lie to achieve the control that they want.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 08/24/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Yep, but HE does exist. He didnt always, but after i asked, HE lives in my heart. Im sorry to say, I know who lives in yours.
Judge not lest ye be judged. A kind answer from you along with friendly encouragement might cause a person to look at you and say I want to look into what he's got. A non believer is easier to bring on board than a self righteous self satisfied hypocrite. Sir: I do believe you seek the truth and think you've found it, but I have many "Christian" friends and acquaintances that are very sincere but hold differing beliefs on some pretty important points. I have adopted a policy of paying close attention to Jesus' teachings and look hard for evidence that somebody twisted his words or inserted their own. Anyone paying the least attention to church history should realize Jesus' teachings have been badly perverted. His message managed to survive despite all this. When you find something incongruous with Jesus just ditch it and move on. That culling out the chaff had to start early shortly after Jesus was murdered. Paul himself laments that all in Asia turned against him. Jesus commended Ephesus (Asia) for outing the false apostles (Paul?)spreading lies. James had to write and straighten out the faith vs works issue. I don't have any idea when the Lord will put an end to this evil society but the plagues and wars and genocides have been going on for centuries. I will say that man has now come up with some really super weapons and never has a weapon system not been used. And the Jewish miracle of the return to Israel comes to mind. Think about it. Some of our most cherished notions learned and believed and our lives invested in may ought be scrutinized a bit. God bless

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1941USMC, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 47 invisible), 1,799 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,000
Posts18,520,449
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.