Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Maybe some atheists are not as devoted to their beliefs...or their lack of beliefs...as they’d like to think they are, since they spend ‘so’ much time and effort and emotional energy “questioning” something that they don’t even believe in...!

Rather than beliefs, the name of the game is sorting fact from fiction....that which can stand all questioning and remain true regardless of our beliefs.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe some atheists are not as devoted to their beliefs...or their lack of beliefs...as they’d like to think they are, since they spend ‘so’ much time and effort and emotional energy “questioning” something that they don’t even believe in...!
Then again, since they ‘do’ spend so much time and effort and emotional energy on a subject that they don’t even believe in (God in this case), maybe they ‘are’ just attacks...under the false pretenses of “questioning” and “sorting fact from fiction.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It's human nature to try and understand how things work - that's why people invented religion, but it's nothing more than what people have collectively made up. It's weird to see people still believe and religion and is dangerous because of the bigotry, violence, misappropriation of blame and hatred that it creates. It's astounding that believers can't answer simple logical questions that they should not otherwise be afraid of answering and become so threatened by it.

But like they say, science doesn't know everything, religion doesn't know anything.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Then again, since they ‘do’ spend so much time and effort and emotional energy on a subject that they don’t even believe in (God in this case), maybe they ‘are’ just attacks...under the false pretenses of “questioning” and “sorting fact from fiction.”

Uhhm...no. It's just a matter of questioning beliefs. Everyone should do it, Muslims, Christians, Jews, Politicians.....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Uhhm...no. It's just a matter of questioning beliefs. Everyone should do it, Muslims, Christians, Jews, Politicians.....
Good point DBT, God surely wouldn't mind, and the world would have been spared a lot of misery if folks would have just said "wait a minute, Jesus would never support this".

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"I believe, help my unbelief".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Huh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think that’s a pretty poignant verse there Wabi. A lotta believers share that sentiment. Submitting what faith we ‘do’ have, to God, alongside our doubts. He wants all of what we ‘do’ have. And He’ll help strengthen what we don’t have.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
It's human nature to try and understand how things work - that's why people invented religion, but it's nothing more than what people have collectively made up. It's weird to see people still believe and religion and is dangerous because of the bigotry, violence, misappropriation of blame and hatred that it creates. It's astounding that believers can't answer simple logical questions that they should not otherwise be afraid of answering and become so threatened by it.

But like they say, science doesn't know everything, religion doesn't know anything.

Who is this THEY you refer to? Its not the they I listen to, but you have your fun.

It just strikes me that those made in His image may have a reason for contemplating things like where we are from and where we are going and going go the moon and whay is our reason for being which creatures like dogs and cats dont do.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I believe. In the old book and in John the Baptist and Jesus. My unbelief only applies when there seems to be an obvious omission or an editing in favor of the powers that held title to "Christianity" for a thousand years. Also when an assumed apostle writes things that do not jive with Jesus' teachings and advises slaves to obey their masters and also stated that the secular government was to be obeyed as an agent of God. Religion has always been used to preserve the social strata so it is not surprising that Jesus was hijacked for that very purpose. But praise the Lord, enough of his teaching survived that will allow an open mind to weed out the BS that was inserted.

Last edited by Hastings; 08/25/20. Reason: spelling correction

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The "unbelief", comes in when one has doubts about any part of Faith. That's how I understand it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey, at least we get to have Bibles, and read em’ for ourselves, and interpret what they say for ourselves. Before the Protestant Reformation, the Church didn’t allow the common man to have Bibles, and having one was punishable by death. The Bible was ‘interpreted to’ the common man by those in power. There are lots of different opinions among all believers. There are different theological beliefs, and different interpretations of what the Bible says among all believers. We have the personal freedom to have varying interpretations on theological issues. When ya’ get right down to it, we are all individual denominations unto ourselves. But the Spirit of God dwells in ‘all’ believers.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep. Some churches now days dont remotely follow what the Bible HE gave as our book of instruction says.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from paulrobinsonis.files.wordpress.com]

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The "unbelief", comes in when one has doubts about any part of Faith. That's how I understand it.

Conviction or lack of conviction is a process that begins with the presentation of a body of information, in this case the bible....but it can be anything, science, Politics, ideology....

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
i do not read music well. I was not good playing piano, nor trumpet. I fiddled with a fiddle when I was 37.

I do not have anywhere perfect pitch. I do however know when a bell rings true. The Message of Lord God Jesus ring so true.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT

Politicians....especially the Marxist one's.....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Any part?

Young earth?

A literal Garden of Eden?

How about a literal The Firmament?

The Modern Flat Earth movement is motivated by such Christians who subscribe to the above statement.

Wabi, have you decided to become a Flat Earther because it's supported by scripture?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[Linked Image from paulrobinsonis.files.wordpress.com]

Nice picture, but it's not evidence for the truth of the proposition.

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1941USMC, 44 invisible), 1,810 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,002
Posts18,520,503
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.