Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
steve99 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Picked up a Model 1907 in rough shape, it needed to be completely broken down and cleaned out., including the plug. I've watched I don't know how many U-Tube vids, read patents, checked the NRA assembly book for pistols and revolvers. No one wants to talk about taking these apart or pitting them back together. I am particularly troubled by cylindrical plug that tensions the firing pin spring on top of the bolt, not sure where on the spring it goes to tension the spring and allow the lever that runs in the frame to retract up and stay there.

If someone knows a resource that provides some detail on reassembly of this sub-assembly or even detailed pictures of assembled breech plugs top, bottom and sides. I do well taking things apart and with the resources we have now I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to put it back together.,

See how that worked out? TIA for any assistance. grin

Serial number is 34269.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Work hard ... play hard
steve99 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks kdog, I've printed that out and have it on file. With some off line help from GeneB I managed to wrestle the 1907 back together just now as a matter of fact. Lunch break.

There aren't that many parts involved as the sketch shows. The key for me was taking out the firing pin and cocking piece before re-installing the sear spring and sear. Also the firing pin retainer needs to capture all the coils on the spring and can be a little tricky to get back in to do that. The only thing left to do now is to get to the range and see if it will empty a magazine with stalling.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Ten shots, Steve, quick as you can. If the boudoir lady in the old ads could do it, so should you!😎

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
steve99 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'll report back on the results gnoahhh, good or bad. The bore is pretty frosty so I don't hold out much hope on the accuracy of it, just hoping it goes bang at each pull.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sometime ago I posted the complete assembly of a Model 1915 pistol, unfortunately all the pictures & videos are in photobucket so the pictures are 'watermarked' and the video's do not play. There were also pictures and a couple video's on the breech block, which is the same as other models except for the covered cocking arm. I got copies of them downloaded from photobucket and emailed them to Steve, if anyone else is interested just PM me your email & I will forward copies. The videos actually show a late 1907 breech block and not the 1915.

PS - I could not get signed on through the links in photobucket's main page, before when doing that before you had to login twice & bypass a question about your account & several mentions of upgrading to a paid subscription now I could not even get to my account. After some experimenting & a GOOGLE search I found the direct link to the old login which they still have out there active ... but that could end to, so I suggest anyone who may have something still on photobucket that they want to retrieve a copy of to do it soon.

link is - https://photobucket.com/login Just tried it again and it didn't work with my user name this time, I had to use my email and then I got on, maybe once you use it they block you? This link takes you right to your photobucket without any further BS other than one small ad box that can easily be closed... if they will leave it working.

Last edited by GeneB; 08/28/20.

Gene
steve99 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Got to the range this morning and ran 20 rounds through the 1907 in between the rain drops. Would love to say it ran flawlessly but it didn't, 2 light primer strikes/faulty primers. Mostly hit what I was aiming at but the sights aren't capable of much. More range time is needed to better define what this is but satisfied for now. Can't say definitively that the frosted barrel is a problem. If it can keep 10 shots in an 8 inch dinner plate at 10 yards or so, good enough for this gun.

Thank you Gene for sending your pictures and the video. Taking these down isn't difficult, plenty of U-tube videos to show you how. None on the breech plug except Gene's.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ive heard putting the breech plug back together is a bear .......with the springs and lever ........Havent found anything on disassembly of the plug ,,,,,,Pretty simple design overall on the pistol ......I have 5 or so ,,,kinda found of them

Work hard ... play hard

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,191 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,928
Posts18,479,870
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.