Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Tactical masturbation.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475

I fail to see the si called "advantage" of revolvers infact I see the disadvantage. In my experience revolvers aren't easier to shoot or operate and they aren't more reliable.
I'll take a semi auto over a revolver every time. The Sig P365 is small, easy to shoot well and has plenty of magazine capavity

NDs with autos often occur because folks think they've unloaded the gun when they haven't.

DA revolvers are much simpler. If you can push the cylinder latch and swing the cylinder out, you can tell if it's loaded or unload it and make it safe. It also requires less manipulation to go from Safe to Ready. Poke the damn thing full of bullets and close the cylinder.

There are lots of people out there who are never going to be 4th degree black belt martial artists with a handgun. In the end it's about familiarity with the gun you have, attaining basic marksmanship skills and having the wherewithal to shoot a SOB to the ground right now when the situation warrants it.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by deflave

I fail to see the si called "advantage" of revolvers infact I see the disadvantage. In my experience revolvers aren't easier to shoot or operate and they aren't more reliable.
I'll take a semi auto over a revolver every time. The Sig P365 is small, easy to shoot well and has plenty of magazine capavity

I don't understand it either.
I also agree. New carriers are also very self conscious about "printing", so a K-frame is out of the question. Most don't practice often enough, and a semi generally has a better trigger than a revolver and is easier to shoot. Working in a gunshop/range, the whole slide manipulation thing is overblown. Most have never been taught the push-pull technique.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by SargeMO

NDs with autos often occur because folks think they've unloaded the gun when they haven't.

DA revolvers are much simpler. If you can push the cylinder latch and swing the cylinder out, you can tell if it's loaded or unload it and make it safe. It also requires less manipulation to go from Safe to Ready. Poke the damn thing full of bullets and close the cylinder.

There are lots of people out there who are never going to be 4th degree black belt martial artists with a handgun. In the end it's about familiarity with the gun you have, attaining basic marksmanship skills and having the wherewithal to shoot a SOB to the ground right now when the situation warrants it.

Hit the magazine release and then rack the slide, not rocket science

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Small rebolvers such as the J-Frame S&W are much more difficult to shoot accurately in my experience than a small semi auto such as the Sig P365

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Much simpler manual of arms, and much safer to use for those who will not become shooting enthusiasts.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SargeMO

Well said.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Unless, while distracted, you do that routine in the reverse order. None of us would do that, but a non-enthusiast might.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Unless, while distracted, you do that routine in the reverse order. None of us would do that, but a non-enthusiast might.

A non enthusiastic can screw up an unload with a revolver, I've seen it.

Learn your weapon, simple as that. No tesson to waste time with a second rate defensive weapon

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Small rebolvers such as the J-Frame S&W are much more difficult to shoot accurately in my experience than a small semi auto such as the Sig P365

Not as accurate at what distance? 1-3 yards under stressful conditions, I don't think there's much of a difference, if any.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

Not as accurate at what distance? 1-3 yards under stressful conditions, I don't think there's much of a difference, if any.

1 to 3 yards may not be your huckleberry, then what? I think they are more difficult to shhot accurately at any distance especially fast

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I would not steer anyone to a revolver over a semi auto for self defense use

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I would not steer anyone to a revolver over a semi auto for self defense use

There’s a reason Glocks became the go to gun for the cops. Simple and reliable. I agree with your assessment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you can operate a revolver, work a TV remote, or follow a cake recipe you can operate a striker fired pistol.

If you’re still justifying your carry gun with shootings at 6’, you’ve been living under a rock.

The notion that the overwhelming majority of women can’t rack a slide is absurd and parroted by ineffective instructors who don’t know what or how to teach.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And if people are carrying Shields and LCPs, they’ve already accepted only having 5-6 rounds. There’s gotta be another reason for choosing a revolver.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Much simpler manual of arms, and much safer to use for those who will not become shooting enthusiasts.

I don't agree with that at all.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Most importantly...never bring a skateboard to a gunfight!

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Since we have quite a few proponents of semi-autos here, let's throw some specifics into the mix: Single action w/ safety, DA/SA, or shoot-a-hole-in-your-thigh striker-fired without safety (except for that silly trigger lever safety)?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Since we have quite a few proponents of semi-autos here, let's throw some specifics into the mix: Single action w/ safety, DA/SA, or shoot-a-hole-in-your-thigh striker-fired without safety (except for that silly trigger lever safety)?

Striker fire semi is just pull the trigger same as a double action revolver. Your shoot "your self in the thigh" arguement doesn't hold water

I have no problem with 1911 style semi's, can shoot double actiln semi's but don't care for them as much as a striker fire semi

Striker fire semi autos dominate police and military use, there is a reason for the dominance

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

For semi-autos, I'll stick with hammers on SIG P225s, P226s, P227s and Beretta 92s for "multi-use" applications.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,406 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,050
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.