OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

Last edited by g5m; 08/27/20.

Retired cat herder.

GB4

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The liberal mindset seems to be that you can only shoot if shot at first. That's assuming you're still healthy enough to shoot back. Self defense means shooting first before your attacker does. If the kid had a gun pointing at him, he was well justified whether that gun fired or not.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Shoot back first. Works for me.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Sure would help the defense, though, in an emotionally charged trial if it ever gets to that.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The liberal mindset seems to be that you can only shoot if shot at first. That's assuming you're still healthy enough to shoot back. Self defense means shooting first before your attacker does. If the kid had a gun pointing at him, he was well justified whether that gun fired or not.

The only rule in a gunfight is win!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I heard today that it was unlawful for a 17yo to possess the weapon he had. If that's the case, I believe he's fighting an uphill battle and put himself in a bad situation that he shouldn't have been in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That’s what Im trying to lead happy camper to in his thread.

You can hear multiple shots, not necessarily from the from the same sounding firearm. To me at least.

Seems like other shots were fired that provoked him to shoot.

And btw, for reason some cannot grasp the car lot shooting head shot was before he got chases to a different geographic location and had the skateboarder attack him.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by g5m
Sure would help the defense, though, in an emotionally charged trial if it ever gets to that.

No way they get an entire jury to convict him.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shoot back better!

I like the sound of that, its catchy.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Somebody fired in the air, at an angle, as Rittenhouse is getting chased across the parking lot. That's obvious from the video. Kyle seems to have had his back turned to the shooter, as he was fleeing, but I'm sure he would have heard the gunfire, and may have considered that he was being shot at. Things happened pretty fast when Rittenhouse and Rosenbaum entered the parking lot, but there were several shots fired, with one obvious in the video footage before Rittenhouse turned and confronted Rosenbaum. There were obviously other shots fired after Rosenbaum went down that seemed pretty close to the scene of the first shooting.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I heard today that it was unlawful for a 17yo to possess the weapon he had. If that's the case, I believe he's fighting an uphill battle and put himself in a bad situation that he shouldn't have been in.

Such laws are considered suspended during emergency conditions (e.g., an earthquake), and riots would arguably qualify. Declarations of emergency aren't required for this legal exception to apply, only that a jury agrees that an emergency situation existed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One thing working in Kyle's favor is the statement that he made prior to him being forced to defend himself.

His purpose for being armed was for self defense as he tends to possible injuries as an EMT. I'm paraphrasing. He also mentioned that he was there to protect a business, which they will use against him if possible. The EMT/EMS service might save his bacon.
I'm surprised that he's already an EMT at 17. It shows where his heart's at.

I'd hate to see him put into a cage , or even paying off legal fees from here on out.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Such laws are considered suspended during emergency conditions (e.g., an earthquake), and riots would arguably qualify. Declarations of emergency aren't required for this legal exception to apply, only that a jury agrees that an emergency situation existed.

Hopefully that's the case. Can't blame him for helping to defend property, but probably not the best action for a 17yo and/or his parents. This will be an interesting case to follow. I don't have a good feeling though and think they'll make him a pariah.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He was not a resident of Kenosha. He resides in Illinois. He traveled to Kenosha looking for trouble and he found it.

I have no trouble with the moment of the shooting and him defending himself. But I'd predict that because he sought trouble by arming himself and going to a known trouble spot, prosecutors will try to imprison him for life. And I'd predict that prison for life is in his future.

He didn't live very far away. Just across the state line, and maybe 30 miles from Kenosha, I believe. If it turns out that he had close family in Kenosha it may make a difference for him. Or maybe not...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Hopefully that's the case. Can't blame him for helping to defend property, but probably not the best action for a 17yo and/or his parents. This will be an interesting case to follow. I don't have a good feeling though and think they'll make him a pariah.

Or worse. He could get the James Fields treatment. He was sentenced on a trumped up murder charge to life in prison because, after taking a wrong turn, he was mobbed and chased by Antifa rioters trying to smash his car windows in so as to drag him out. In an effort to escape them, he accelerated his car, and struck a bunch of the rioters, one of which died. Life in prison for being mobbed by Antifa rioters and trying to escape their attacks.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by johnw
He was not a resident of Kenosha. He resides in Illinois. He traveled to Kenosha looking for trouble and he found it.

I have no trouble with the moment of the shooting and him defending himself. But I'd predict that because he sought trouble by arming himself and going to a known trouble spot, prosecutors will try to imprison him for life. And I'd predict that prison for life is in his future.

He didn't live very far away. Just across the state line, and maybe 30 miles from Kenosha, I believe. If it turns out that he had close family in Kenosha it may make a difference for him. Or maybe not...

He wasn't seeking trouble. His purpose was to be part of the solution rather than the problem, as is evidenced by his recent volunteer work to remove Antifa graffiti from the walls of public buildings. That's just his nature, it seems. Must have been raised right.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

The "looking for trouble" aspect of it might be a hard point to make to a jury when you have video prior to the shooting of police in an APC giving him water and saying "we appreciate you guys being here."

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He wasn't seeking trouble. His purpose was to be part of the solution rather than the problem, as is evidenced by his recent volunteer work to remove Antifa graffiti from the walls of public buildings. That's just his nature, it seems. Must have been raised right.

Bullshit...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

STFU

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,953
Posts18,480,406
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.