Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 34 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 33 34
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sheister

The fact that Paul is questioning everything is exactly what I would want a good attorney to do. How else are you going to defend if you don't know and understand every last angle the prosecution will take

Oh my christ, someone gets it. Here's another component of my question. I think I could fairly easily explain to someone how someone who chased me down and pointed a gun at me was a threat. Same for someone who is beating me with a skateboard. But then as I thought about how I would articulate my use of force against the molester, it was much less clear. As crazy as this sounds, it might not be a bad idea for all of us badasses to think about how we would articulate our choice of deadly force in some of these situations we have seen playing out over the past few months.

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The child molester was a threat because the shooter wasnt 18....

Good enough now?

Anybody willing to engage an obviously armed person aint doing so to give em cookies.

Guy locally in ICU because anothrr guy w no weapon, beat him damn near to death.

Then figure these felons proly into the MMA stuff.......some bad mofos out there.

You dont let em get close and if they are close you shoot em.

That damn simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The second and third shoots were clearly justifiable. How was the child molester still an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury after he threw the incendiary device?

Seriously

A guy is chasing you, probably yelling I'll kill you ( or shoot me nig ga). Then the guy throws either a brick or MTC at you, you are running away from him in fear of your life, most likely. You stop and turn to stand your ground and guy is still running at you.

You don't think shorty is a threat to kid? How does kid know shorty doesn't have a knife or handgun? Do you just stand there and wait for shorty to escalate and poke a hole in you before you can defend yourself?

You apparently haven't been in a fight other than with your cat, or you would realize things can go south fast. A guy chasing you is always a threat until he stops chasing you, and walks away. Let your guard down,and you might not see tomorrow.

I see lots of stupid folks on twitter posts, what handle do you go by?

The funniest I just read from the above posting link: It's all Trumps fault that he allowed the Corona to get here from China and the UK! Fug gin brain dead folks who hopefully can't figure out how to vote.

To add to this. Guy is attacking you/running at you to attack you and you have a weapon.

I read that as:

1 - crazy as hell = imminent danger to me
2 - attacking me when he knows I am armed to take my weapon and use it on me
3 - attacking me when he knows I am armed because he too is armed
4 - attacking me when he knows I am armed because he intends to harm me before I can stop him with my weapon

Each and or any combination of those equates to a very serious situation and makes for a situation where the armed person is in fear for his safety, well-being/life and is absolutely in the right to shoot to defend himself.

Would you ever try to disarm someone you thought was a threat?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hookeye
Anybody willing to engage an obviously armed person aint doing so to give em cookies.

Seems pretty clear.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I'd like to see a half dozen MG-42's mow down a mob of BLM/Antifa scum.

Why that slow-firing stuff? Think M134 in an enfilade situation.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I’ve tried a case of two. On the one hand you have a 17 year old who was at a school earlier that day cleaning graffiti. A solid future citizen with a literal baby face. On the other you’ve got three felons who were part of a mob destroying the city where the jury lives.

I’d take my chances with that regardless of the rest of the facts.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You have a habit of entirely ignoring context. Just moments earlier, Rosenbaum was acting violently insane by any reasonable standard, expressing an urgent desire to provoke an armed person into shooting him. Context! Context! Context! crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

After some usual foolishness on your part, you finally provided something of substance (the twitter link) that helped answer the question. Somebody else posted a video that helped answer the question. Amazing how many people can't or won't substantiate their beliefs or take offense to someone asking in a very neutral way. You'd think a forum full of guys who should know the value of being able to articulate reasons for using deadly force in self-defense could do better.

I question the authenticity of your curiosity if you hadn't already seen those videos when you asked your questions.

As you should.

Over here in LA we have had a little bit of a distraction over the past few days, so no, I haven't spent my every waking hour pouring over the social media landscape looking for video.

If you were aware of a video that would help answer the question, why wouldn't you respond to my question by posting it?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Follow up to that, guy is exhibiting signs of being hyped up on meth. Definitely danger signs as he is charging at you.

Montana MOFO
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Sheister

The fact that Paul is questioning everything is exactly what I would want a good attorney to do. How else are you going to defend if you don't know and understand every last angle the prosecution will take

Oh my christ, someone gets it. Here's another component of my question. I think I could fairly easily explain to someone how someone who chased me down and pointed a gun at me was a threat. Same for someone who is beating me with a skateboard. But then as I thought about how I would articulate my use of force against the molester, it was much less clear. As crazy as this sounds, it might not be a bad idea for all of us badasses to think about how we would articulate our choice of deadly force in some of these situations we have seen playing out over the past few months.

Are you taking into consideration that the defendant is a minor and not a full grown man? And the environment in which the defensive action was taken? It was a full blown riot going on in his environment ; basically a war zone. Totality of the circumstances.

Should an armed 17 year old boy be in that situation? Of course not, but he was and was attacked by 3 armed violent criminals committing violent acts before they encountered him.

What would a frightened young boy do in this situation when attacked by violent armed felons?

Last edited by ribka; 08/27/20.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Over here in LA we have had a little bit of a distraction over the past few days, so no, I haven't spent my every waking hour pouring over the social media landscape looking for video.

If you were aware of a video that would help answer the question, why wouldn't you respond to my question by posting it?

These videos have been all over the Campfire for a long time now. If you were actually curious, you would have seen them. If you're not actually curious, that means you're just a pot stirrer.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Storm?

What storm?

Do you have a link?

Can you cite a dangerous storm from the past?

Why would somebody be preoccupied by a storm?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

To add to this. Guy is attacking you/running at you to attack you and you have a weapon.

I read that as:

4 - attacking me when he knows I am armed because he intends to harm me before I can stop him with my weapon

Each and or any combination of those equates to a very serious situation and makes for a situation where the armed person is in fear for his safety, well-being/life and is absolutely in the right to shoot to defend himself.

The legal jargon is "totality of circumstances."

Trying to keep it simple and palatable in small bites.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
The child molester was a threat because the shooter wasnt 18....

Good enough now?

Guy locally in ICU because anothrr guy w no weapon, beat him damn near to death.

Then figure these felons proly into the MMA stuff.......some bad mofos out there.

You dont let em get close and if they are close you shoot em.

That damn simple.

So, what you're saying is this 17 year old was in fear of being molested by said pedophile? I wonder if they would have gotten that on video if he was successful?

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You have a habit of entirely ignoring context. Just moments earlier, Rosenbaum was acting violently insane by any reasonable standard, expressing an urgent desire to provoke an armed person into shooting him. Context! Context! Context! crazy

Ignoring context, or asking for it?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I read that as:

The legal jargon is "totality of circumstances."

Trying to keep it simple and palatable in small bites.

I know you know but I was just posting it for those not familiar with the phrase.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Storm?

What storm?

Do you have a link?

Those questions must all be thoughtfully responded to before we can conclude anything about the validity of his questions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Storm?

What storm?

Do you have a link?

Clark, are you being contrarian?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Ignoring context, or asking for it?

sounds serious according to the news
]

Last edited by ribka; 08/27/20.
Page 22 of 34 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

185 members (1badf350, 338reddog, 2ndwind, 117LBS, 204guy, 1lessdog, 27 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,791
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.