Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by johnw
He was not a resident of Kenosha. He resides in Illinois. He traveled to Kenosha looking for trouble and he found it.

I have no trouble with the moment of the shooting and him defending himself. But I'd predict that because he sought trouble by arming himself and going to a known trouble spot, prosecutors will try to imprison him for life. And I'd predict that prison for life is in his future.

He didn't live very far away. Just across the state line, and maybe 30 miles from Kenosha, I believe. If it turns out that he had close family in Kenosha it may make a difference for him. Or maybe not...

The "looking for trouble" aspect of it might be a hard point to make to a jury when you have video prior to the shooting of police in an APC giving him water and saying "we appreciate you guys being here."

Seems to me the standard for justifying use of deadly force is, you legitimately thought your life or someone else's life was in danger.

No matter how or why he was there, I can't understand anyone watching that video and coming away thinking the kid wasn't justified in believing his life was in danger. The murder charge is politicall horsesh*t.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I heard today that it was unlawful for a 17yo to possess the weapon he had. If that's the case, I believe he's fighting an uphill battle and put himself in a bad situation that he shouldn't have been in.

Only a pistol in Wi.You have to be 21 to buy one.Of course that does not mean you cannot have one.There are no "Assault Weapons"outlawed in Wi.Thanks to Gov.Scott Walker.

I thought WI law establishes that a person must be 18 YOA to possess a long gun.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/wisconsin-gun-laws-what-you-need-to-know/

I know some states make exceptions for hunting and such.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

WTF!! That's not even his State, let alone his town!! He's obviously there looking for trouble! Book 'im, Dano!

Bwahahahaha! Clearly a bad seed. grin

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Oddly he could legally possess a handgun in Wisconsin, if he had carried a pistol this at least would not be an issue.

Can Someone Under 21 Own a Handgun in Wisconsin?

Yes. Federal law prohibits handgun sales by licensed dealers to persons under 21. Unlicensed dealers are prohibited only from selling handguns to persons under 18. Although Wisconsin state law imposes a minimum age of 18 for possessing long guns, there is no minimum age for handgun possession.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
He was not a resident of Kenosha. He resides in Illinois. He traveled to Kenosha looking for trouble and he found it.

I have no trouble with the moment of the shooting and him defending himself. But I'd predict that because he sought trouble by arming himself and going to a known trouble spot, prosecutors will try to imprison him for life. And I'd predict that prison for life is in his future.

He didn't live very far away. Just across the state line, and maybe 30 miles from Kenosha, I believe. If it turns out that he had close family in Kenosha it may make a difference for him. Or maybe not...

He wasn't seeking trouble. His purpose was to be part of the solution rather than the problem, as is evidenced by his recent volunteer work to remove Antifa graffiti from the walls of public buildings. That's just his nature, it seems. Must have been raised right.

Bullshit...

And I'd love to be shown that I'm wrong.

All the currently available video indicated you are wrong.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Heym06

How many doing the rioting were from Kenosha? I don't have numbers but most seem to be from somewhere other than Kenosha! Same thing is happening in other towns! Rioters bank rolled and shipped to any place their puppet masters send them! Where were the criminals he shot from?

Was Grosskreutz authorized to be carrying that Glock 43 he was pointing at Rittenhouser when his arm got shot half off?

You mean the convicted felon?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Just like those "colored folks" that wanted to eat at a different restaurant or sit in a different seat on the bus. They shoulda stayed in their own neighborhoods and ate at their own restaurants. Nobody ever said they shouldn't eat. Right?

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Charges have been filed.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...rotest-shootings-17-year-old/5650698002/

Rittenhouse was charged with first-degree intentional homicide in connection to the fatal shooting of Huber, the second victim who prosecutors say was shot in the chest while trying to pull Rittenhouse's gun from him.

In the first shooting, which occurred a minute-and-a-half earlier, he faces a first-degree reckless homicide charge. Rosenbaum was shot multiple times in the Car Source car lot at 63rd Street and Sheridan Road.

Rittenhouse also faces two counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety and one count of possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Squidge
Charges have been filed.

Rittenhouse was charged with first-degree intentional homicide in connection to the fatal shooting of Huber, the second victim who prosecutors say was shot in the chest while trying to pull Rittenhouse's gun from him.

In the first shooting, which occurred a minute-and-a-half earlier, he faces a first-degree reckless homicide charge. Rosenbaum was shot multiple times in the Car Source car lot at 63rd Street and Sheridan Road.

Rittenhouse also faces two counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety and one count of possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

And when he's acquitted, more stuff will burn.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rittenhouse comes from a single mom household,
dropped out of school and failed to qualify for the
armed forces... He was breaking the 8pm cerfew,
whilst carrying from out of state
His fakebook page is all about putting LE
on a pedestal, with 'blue lives matter'..
.the Trump campaign has released statement
distancing itself from supporting his actions
and applauded LE in their swift action to arrest
him.
So far it seems he was not legally permitted
to open carry outside his state of residence.
and Wisconsin law does not permit shooting
someone to protect property.

His heart may be in the right place, but he certainly
ain't the brightest, so probably a great candidate
for a Gov job somewhere.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Squidge
Charges have been filed.

And when he's acquitted, more stuff will burn.

He didn’t shoot any blacks, no one will care

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hope his new Lawyer tears them a new ass.

He was protecting himself.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

So, no.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reports are coming in that his mom drove him and was there with him.
That blows the minor crossing state line with a gun charge.

Wendy Rittenhouse

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This gal is saying that an autopsy shows 5 bullet wounds on the first guy. Not sure if its a legit source or not.

https://twitter.com/MollyBeck/status/1299118771534213121

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

So, no.

I'm still waiting for him to be charged with felon in possession.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
So he is probably guilty of a misdemeanor.
He might have been dead without it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dodgefan
This gal is saying that an autopsy shows 5 bullet wounds on the first guy. Not sure if its a legit source or not.

https://twitter.com/MollyBeck/status/1299118771534213121

Looks to be true.

The complaint says Rosenbaum suffered gunshot wounds to the groin, back, and hand. He had a graze wound on the right side of his forehead and a superficial wound on his left thigh, the complaint says.

Law enforcement had earlier said he was shot in the head.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Ginther

Kinda hard not to agree with your statement, he may have been filled with good intentions but getting caught isolated by himself has brought his plan quickly undone.

Sounds like a good kid and hopefully his defense team can get a short term for him.

If this idiot agrees with you then you probably are a fugking idiot...

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Starman
Rittenhouse comes from a single mom household,
dropped out of school and failed to qualify for the
armed forces... He was breaking the 8pm cerfew,
whilst carrying from out of state
His fakebook page is all about putting LE
on a pedestal, with 'blue lives matter'..
.the Trump campaign has released statement
distancing itself from supporting his actions
and applauded LE in their swift action to arrest
him.
So far it seems he was not legally permitted
to open carry outside his state of residence.
and Wisconsin law does not permit shooting
someone to protect property

His heart may be in the right place, but he certainly
ain't the brightest, so probably a great candidate
for a Gov job somewhere.

Who shot someone to protect property Dumfugg.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 58 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,944
Posts18,480,168
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.