Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Got to thinking, we have a seeming increase in lethal violence at riots now, which is likely to increase as both sides see a reason to arm up. After November, we have a term limited President, and a lot of folks seem to be expecting him to remove the gloves at that point. Got me wondering, how many folks on both sides are looking at that situation as the time to ditch their own gloves? As clear as the divisions are becoming, and as irreconcilable as the differences are, are we at increased risk of civil war during Trump’s second term? Or do you think we have a long way to go yet? Personally, I neither wish for nor expect a civil war, but it seems more likely lately than it has in a long time. Four more years of Trump will explode liberal heads, and I wonder how much of the “hell with it, go for broke” attitude Trump and the whole right might develop.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only question is when the RIGHT takes the gloves off.

Last edited by Fireball2; 08/30/20.

LOL
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Given the relatively inept tactical skills of liberals in general, and the way they whine when the schidt hits the fan for real, it's going to be a short war, with one side losing most, if not all of the battles. There's no reset button on the video game in the real world of combat, only winners who survive and losers who push up the flowers for the young girls to pick and put on the next bunch of graves.

"Where Have All The Flowers Gone?"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
We may not make it till November. Violence is ramping up and people are getting damned sick and tired of being bullied by the punks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the vote is anywhere close, the Left has set up a multilevel strategy to create massive civil unrest. They claim fraud and Trump is a dictator. They throw every legal and procedural obstacle in the way to delay until January 20th. At which time, Pelosi will try to claim the White House as Speaker of the house. We'll claim they are stealing the White House and the election. Etc etc.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have had shots fired here in nowheresville between BLM and a home/business owner.
They threatened to return.
Tuesday is an arraignment for the local, looking for charges to be dropped.
And chit to start.

If so, you will see it on the news. There were threats to the business and our
courthouse. Hundreds turned out to both places, plus watchers were stationed
on approaches. BLM didn't show.

The business is still being staked out.

Folks here are ready.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What we are seeing now is the the most radical Progressives are joining in the ANTFA/BLM demonstrations to vent their anger/frustration that they are not getting their way. Trump has and continues to push back and defeat the progressive agenda. they are depressed and frustrated. They are showing that they can join these growingly passive-aggressive "peaceful protests" and attack and lash out against conservatives. More and more will do that as long as there is no punishment. Mob rule. They like because they are the mob. Same with the French Revolution. The People's guillotine chopped off many an innocent harmless noble head as the Left took control.

How does this end? With Kent State II.

I don't see a wide spread "Civil War", but as these Progressives become emboldened, especially in Blue cities that tolerate this stuff with zero consequences for the demonstrators, it ends with a serious of shootings and a body count. 20-30 people die in "self defense" shootings and things will hit the fan.

Kent State basically ended the campus demonstrations that lasted 5 years. No fun to have sit-ins and march with the SDS when you might get shot and killed. Kids said "screw that" and went back to class.

Same here. Billy and Tommy (or Reuben and Liam as radicals often are) are going back to the basement and play Call of Duty and smoke weed. The movement might be cool, but it ain't worth their arm or life. Big skateboard ain't enough for that fight.

Feds move in and jail ANTFA leaders on Fed charges, give a few a trip to Guantanamo. BLM will burn out quick like if they take their crap to white suburbs. Out there, won't be any "defund the police". White juries aren't gonna play SJW warrior when the mob comes to burn some subdivisions. Hank and Jr, and Billy Ray are gonna get the 6.5 Creedmore or the .300 WSM on their asses. That will cool things off in a hurry.

I figure we have about 12-18 months of this madness between Covid and civil disobedience left. Things will come to a peak before then and burn out.

Even if Biden wins, the Left/Progressive Dems cannot allow the cities to remain ungovernable. They will have to put a stop it. It will be tough to "peacefully" put the genie back in the bottle. They will need to crack down, but they will use force and then pass some meaningless "feel good laws" to appease the masses. Probably restrict our rights. they will go after guns after people defend themselves, but that will be tougher.

Stay tuned!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What will "Bastille Day 2020" be called in the history books? I wonder if the French would loan us a guillotine or three? Make the reflecting pool in Washington run red with traitors' blood, and let the buzzards go bobbing for heads!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Not a damned thing will happen bigly either way.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
What is going on today is a very small amount of people compared to the population.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
First off, I don't think we're anywhere near a civil war.

I do think that there are elements of this society that would like us killing each other, and they're doing everything they can to get us there. I, like a lot of others, am ready to defend myself. However, that's as far as it goes.

Something I noticed a while back and mentioned here: My sons are in their 20's. They are constantly bombarded with emails and targetted facebook posts and such announcing that civil war is nearly at hand. I'm in my 60's. I'm getting no such marketing tripe. Someone is doing this selectively and purposely.

No. I don't think we're going to civil war. Furthermore, I've become skeptical of folks that have only had accounts on here for less than 18 months telling me that we are.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2

lol the so called right talked n talked all tru Obama's reign yet did squat, seems to me the left have the bigger kahuna's atm moment

Laws change, people die and the land remains the same
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
One or two 'protests' where the cops are allowed to go 'clubbing' will end all of that crap.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Portland seems to be the epicenter, when ARE you going yo take your gloves off.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Ginther

lol the so called right talked n talked all tru Obama's reign yet did squat, seems to me the left have the bigger kahuna's atm moment

The right is busy going to work, paying taxes, raising families etc... The only thing the left has is more time on their hands and and a sense of entitlement.
If they had big kahunas they wouldn't allow another person to provide for them. If they had big kahunas they would take responsibility for raising their children.
Systematic racism is a myth, generational welfare is real.

Trump will win the electoral college and the popular vote, and when he does, your bitch ass is gonna be bleeding for another 4 years.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
+1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There wont be any civil war unless the gas and food run out and the power get shut off.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Portland seems to be the epicenter, when ARE you going yo take your gloves off.

Right after he finish up those rose bushes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
What will "Bastille Day 2020" be called in the history books? I wonder if the French would loan us a guillotine or three? Make the reflecting pool in Washington run red with traitors' blood, and let the buzzards go bobbing for heads!

Man.

This guy seem like a major bad ass.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Let’s look at Portland.

600,000 people living inside the city limits, WAG at least another 200,000 around the city, 800,000 total.

Even small samples of Antifa show them to be criminal losers, dregs of society, and how many in Portland are actually from Portland.

Criminal riots allowed to go on for far too long, by a tiny fraction of society who couldn’t run a country even if they won.

Hardly an incipient revolution.

JMHO

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (44mc, 1100mag, 10Glocks, 35, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,335 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,256
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.