Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

The STARTING pay in my area for a cop is about 10% above median income plus full benefits. I work with police frequently and I don't know a single one that thought it was going to be an easy job.

This. And the usual trolls attacked me for it when I had this opinion recently, but this is also my experience.

Having grown up around LEO my entire life, I have not run across many career LEO that had their head screwed on right that were not retired by 60 or 65, with a pension, health bennies for life, a house or two, some toys, and living a good life.

And I have never met an LEO who told me it was tougher than they thought it would be.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
And Brown said she's going after Patriot Prayer. ANTIFA and BLM have been on a rampage in Portland for 93-days, now Patriot Prayer is the problem.

Conservative groups need to stay back, defend their homes, towns and families and let the radical left be exposed for what it is in the cities.
Segregation by political ideology makes a helluva lot more sense than division along the lines of skin color.

^^^This^^^

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
The Cops are making plenty. Most still wont stick around with zero support from the city.
Even at $250k a year, it apparently is hard to justify staying on the job.

Especially when the politicians will indict your ass in the media before you even get back to the barn after a shift.

šŸ˜Ž

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
ā€œMolon Labeā€
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In my area they make mid $30,000's I have guys swinging hammers getting paid $50,000. LEO's are going to see wages and benefits go down along with the amount of support they get from their local politicians with the defund movement. Most would be better served switching to the fire department.

The cops in Portland probably average $80k. Regardless, you couldn't pay me enough to put my life on the line for POS liberal officials that serve me up as red meat tofu to a bunch of hate America man bun losers.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
I donā€™t get adding LEOs when they donā€™t let them do they job.

I can't justify paying them if they're going to let the very people they're supposed to apprehend get away with their nonsense. The People can stop the BS a lot quicker and a lot cheaper and The People will gladly volunteer their time for the task for FREE.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kingston
And Brown said she's going after Patriot Prayer. ANTIFA and BLM have been on a rampage in Portland for 93-days, now Patriot Prayer is the problem.

Conservative groups need to stay back, defend their homes, towns and families and let the radical left be exposed for what it is in the cities.
Segregation by political ideology makes a helluva lot more sense than division along the lines of skin color.

^^^This^^^

Agreed. This is not about black or white. Thereā€™s plenty of black people who lean right.

FUGK CCP

Itā€™s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Those cops took an oath, they need to stand up for what's right and quit being part of the problem.

It's a job. They're making, normally, less than the median income for their areas. They're looking for a paycheck, some benefits, and what they thought would be an easy job. This isn't what 90% of the cops signed up for.
They're not getting any support from their local govt.,they know damn well they'll be thrown under the bus of anything goes south. They need to lay back, stay away from tje trouble and let lawlessness bite the libs on the ass.

This plus from the sound of things , the ā€œpeaceful protestersā€ are not being charged with their crimes and simply let go without bail . That is virtually no punishment for their obvious , repetitive crimes.
I know one thing if this was in my back yard , I wouldnā€™t be bitching about it on the Internet. Iā€™d be trying to take action in some shape or form .

Happy Trails

Bob

The ā€œCatch and Releaseā€ by the new DA for Portland was addressed in the letters of rebuke by outside LE Agencies.

ā€œWhy do you need additional resources, when you kick the arrested loose and refuse to charge?ā€

šŸ˜Ž

That is my source

FUGK CCP

Itā€™s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
In my area they make mid $30,000's I have guys swinging hammers getting paid $50,000. LEO's are going to see wages and benefits go down along with the amount of support they get from their local politicians with the defund movement. Most would be better served switching to the fire department.

The cops in Portland probably average $80k. Regardless, you couldn't pay me enough to put my life on the line for POS liberal officials that serve me up as red meat tofu to a bunch of hate America man bun losers.

Portland PD average income $58,000
Portland median income is $53,500
According to Portland live, you need an income of $62,500 to live comfortably in Portland.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

^^^This^^^

Agreed. This is not about black or white. Thereā€™s plenty of black people who lean right.

And more than plenty white people that lean HARD left.
White people are a bigger problem than black, brown, yellow, red etc..

Last edited by jackmountain; 08/31/20.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

^^^This^^^

And more than plenty white people that lean HARD left.
White people are a bigger problem than black, brown, yellow, red etc..

Right. They can get that wig split too šŸ˜‚

FUGK CCP

Itā€™s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Those cops took an oath, they need to stand up for what's right and quit being part of the problem.

It's a job. They're making, normally, less than the median income for their areas. They're looking for a paycheck, some benefits, and what they thought would be an easy job. This isn't what 90% of the cops signed up for.
They're not getting any support from their local govt.,they know damn well they'll be thrown under the bus of anything goes south. They need to lay back, stay away from tje trouble and let lawlessness bite the libs on the ass.

This plus from the sound of things , the ā€œpeaceful protestersā€ are not being charged with their crimes and simply let go without bail . That is virtually no punishment for their obvious , repetitive crimes.
I know one thing if this was in my back yard , I wouldnā€™t be bitching about it on the Internet. Iā€™d be trying to take action in some shape or form .

Happy Trails

Bob

The ā€œCatch and Releaseā€ by the new DA for Portland was addressed in the letters of rebuke by outside LE Agencies.

ā€œWhy do you need additional resources, when you kick the arrested loose and refuse to charge?ā€

šŸ˜Ž

DING DING DING!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From the actual Portland PD recruiting web site:

Entry Wage $66,934
Lateral Range $79,995 - $98,134

Still not enough to work for azzholes that don't have your back.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

They've had presence there for years, Seattle too.

ā€œSome ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.ā€
ā€• G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

The STARTING pay in my area for a cop is about 10% above median income plus full benefits. I work with police frequently and I don't know a single one that thought it was going to be an easy job.
What cop ? I'm sick of hearing this shyt about the low pay for cops. State troopers START at 102K here, regardless of where they're stationed. The town cops in the biggest town { 10K pop.} in the next County from me start at 60K per year. The median income in that County was 36K as of last year. My brother makes just over 60K as a high school teacher in that same County with a Masters degree after 20 years teaching at the same school. In short, cops make damn good money around here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cut back on teachers, hire more cops.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart

What cop ? I'm sick of hearing this shyt about the low pay for cops. State troopers START at 102K here, regardless of where they're stationed. The town cops in the biggest town { 10K pop.} in the next County from me start at 60K per year. The median income in that County was 36K as of last year. My brother makes just over 60K as a high school teacher in that same County with a Masters degree after 20 years teaching at the same school. In short, cops make damn good money around here.

Quit yer bytch in

FUGK CCP

Itā€™s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A buddy of mine was a cop for 6 months, had to kill a guy and that was the last straw. Even in a city like Colorado Springs, the level of humanity that he had to deal with day in and day out was mentally exhausting. You couldnā€™t pay me enough to do it, in the day and age of cell phones taking 5 sec clips that make you look like the devil and especially in a city that doesnā€™t have your back.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Trump got 17% of the Portland vote.

That 17% needs to leave. The rest of them need to learn to live with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Pretty sure you misread the point of my post:

The STARTING pay in my area for a cop is about 10% ABOVE median income PLUS full benefits.

That isn't saying their pay is low. They start above most people and go up from there. The benefits package alone is probably worth about $20k a year. But again, you still couldn't pay me enough to work for that douche bag mayor and city council.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Trump got 17% of the Portland vote.

That 17% needs to leave. The rest of them need to learn to live with it.

Wonder what he'll get this year?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (257robertsimp, 01Foreman400, 35, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 823 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,396
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.