Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
in july my back was so bad, i could not get off the floor.
the surgeon said he had never seen a spinal cord so inflamed. I f he hadn't caught it, another coupld of days i would have been dead or paralized from the neck down.
so a week in the hospital, a month in rehab, and i am home using a walker and a chair. I can walk with the walker, and legs and arms work, just week.
i have been told i am moving really well given the surgery.
One of the things it prompted me to do is q uite working. I really stopped needing the money a long time ago, b ut working since i was about 9, hard to pull the plug.
but my job now is the rehab,and i don't want to miss the start of another dove season like i am doing now.
still haven't shot your revolver yet, dang it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Best decision you could have made. All the best from here. May God be kind to Etta.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mart
I turned in my resignation today and will enter the ranks of the retired on September 11. I hadn't planned on retiring this early but I came to the conclusion I cannot buy these years back. My wife was diagnosed with early onset dementia last year. Not real noticeable yet to most, but I see the progression. I want to spend time with Etta while she is in reasonably good physical health and before this insidious disease takes it toll and we cannot do and enjoy the things we've always loved.

There will come a point when I have to care for her daily. Maybe in a year, maybe in ten years. That's the reality of dementia. I didn't want to work up until that point and then regret missing these good years when we could enjoy being together. It will be a big change but we are in a pretty good place financially. I'll still do some fill in work for the company and still have my credentials as a firearms instructor and wildlife intervention instructor and will do classes from time to time for the company.

And I have the sawmill. I'm looking forward to the freedom to run it without the demands of a full time plus job. It has turned a pretty good bit of business for me already this year. The beauty of the mill is it doesn't call me on my off time. It doesn't text me with the latest emergency as I'm walking in the church doors Sunday morning. And it doesn't mind if I want to take a day off to spend it with Etta.

So retirement here I come. I wasn't sure I'd actually get to this day.

Congrats and wishing you all the best.... and may the Good Lord be kind to Etta...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Marty, I just saw this. Best to you both. Many years to go before that time comes for me. I am happy for you my friend. Tell Etta that you are both in our prayers.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,034 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,196
Posts18,503,582
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.