Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Anyone buying the dip laugh

The wife sold enough stock for us to live on for the year on Monday.....good timing compared to selling today.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scary thing about these stocks that do the 3 standard deviation moves, just a simple mean reversion to a channel center, moving average or trendline can be a 30-50% move.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Greed got me buying today......instead of selling last Thursday!

Education......is expensive!

Last edited by Angus1895; 09/04/20.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Today had to sting a bit. TSLA down 21%. For me, I tried fishing for some QQQ call options 3 times and got stop out all three times as the damn market couldn't hold a gain. Luckily, net zero loss for me since one of my stops trailed up slightly. Very frustrating day though if looking for a bottom.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Today had to sting a bit. Down 21%.For me, I tried fishing for some QQQ call options 3 times and got stop out all three times as the damn market couldn't hold a gain. Luckily, net zero for me since one of my stops trailed up slightly. Very frustrating day though if looking for a bottom.

I told my Buddy to cash out on tech and Tesla beginning of last week, but he got greedy. We all make mistakes and the market is a bitch to predict. Been there before

A bit of a claw back in after hours trading. I did a little bargain hunting. I bought some more PayPal, FTSI, ESTE on lows today.

Last edited by ribka; 09/08/20.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TSLA down another 4% after hours.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
TSLA down another 4% after hours.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NKL...oNBwKbORkNjyhIJmcFVW-x_HtYgCmvxDo13AiEG_

Tesla competitor did ok today. I wish I bought last week. d'ohhh

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Anyone buying the dip laugh

The wife sold enough stock for us to live on for the year on Monday.....good timing compared to selling today.

Good trade, that stock is still scary high.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Today had to sting a bit. Down 21%.For me, I tried fishing for some QQQ call options 3 times and got stop out all three times as the damn market couldn't hold a gain. Luckily, net zero for me since one of my stops trailed up slightly. Very frustrating day though if looking for a bottom.

I told my Buddy to cash out on tech and Tesla beginning of last week, but he got greedy. We all make mistakes and the market is a bitch to predict. Been there before

A bit of a claw back in after hours trading. I did a little bargain hunting. I bought some more PayPal, FTSI, ESTE on lows today.

I‘m still being a pansy, mid oct might be a better entry point. I bid on the only bank owned fixer in town along with 25 of my closest friends. Lots of spec homes popping up by unknown builders, that’s never a good sign. Something feels like it’s going to pop biggley soon. Maybe I should sell and move to Dillon MT and raise sheep, getting crowded here all of a sudden.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I slept in this morning and wondered what happened to push GM. If people think this is going to put them into position to compete with Tesla, I think they'll be disappointed.

In any case lots EV did well today. Buying daily dips of WKHS for the last 2 months offset my TSLA losses.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

I‘m still being a pansy, mid oct might be a better entry point. I bid on the only bank owned fixer in town along with 25 of my closest friends. Lots of spec homes popping up by unknown builders, that’s never a good sign. Something feels like it’s going to pop biggley soon. Maybe I should sell and move to Dillon MT and raise sheep, getting crowded here all of a sudden.

that's not a bad strategy to wait

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stickfight

I slept in this morning and wondered what happened to push GM. If people think this is going to put them into position to compete with Tesla, I think they'll be disappointed.

In any case lots EV did well today. Buying daily dips of WKHS for the last 2 months offset my TSLA losses.

think you're right. They lack the insight or Musk.

Glad I picked SHLL last week. One of the few stocks, besides some airlines I held, in the green today

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
When should I buy some Tesla? Have an itch to buy some.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Tue, Jun 18, 2013, 12:14 PM I got 100 shares of TSLA at $103.25

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Clarkm

Tue, Jun 18, 2013, 12:14 PM I got 100 shares of TSLA at $103.25

You made a fortune if you're still holding it.

I sold 10 shares recently and bought some NIO. NIO hasn't made me quite as much, but I feel it will go over $100 early next year. I made 125% on my Tesla since I jumped in this summer.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stocks are a lot like slot machines.
Everybody wants to tell you how much they made/won.
Nobody ever tells you how much they lost.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Bought TSLA just before they split along with some AAPL. Sold NIO for a tidy profit because of its chart. Also sold ATVI and MSFT because of flat performance and bought XOM, CVX and BP because oil looked like it had a double bottom.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought in back when I was making posts about electric cars here on the fire, it was 235 or 245 at the time.

I think I was trying to convince myself to buy in by posting my Tesla Tesla research here in the forums.

Almost sold when it hit 1K just because the novilty of my profits puting me in a new Tesla for free the way it penciled out at the time.
I just decided I really didn't need the car so I kept the stock.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I never understood you yanks falling in love with Musk. He sells himself as the great scientist whilst actually just being a corporatist, major achievement was the invention of paypal. Most of the rest has been running smoke and mirrors to attract venture capital in future tech that doesnt have to make a profit now( because it only works in the future lol) . He has the whole millenial population hailing him as the planteray saviour of their generation( when the guy is almost 50 lol) while his main target is the real money of DOD, airforce and missile contracts.

The government loves him too, as instead of paying actual trillions for space programs anymore they can give this clown a few billion to run his smoke and mirrors for the population and call it a day.

The funniest thing is the US a country who once produced actual geniuses like Thomas Edison, Morse, Wright brothers, Henry Ford, now pins its hopes on this South African tech-playboy who is still cant duplicate the systems that got you to the moon 50 years ago. Good heavens, its yet another example of the craziness of today. You guys really fell from the perch and settled for 10th best.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With Trump the electric car is failing behind.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 19rabbit52, 55 invisible), 2,866 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,734
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.