Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#15211291 09/10/20
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Twice in the past week that USPS has contacted me by email... about using improper labels on packages that I have shipped.

In both cases they were absolutely incorrect in their accusation.

The first was a refund claiming I used a small Regional Rate A shipping box instead of the Large Flat Rate box that I actually used to ship 30 desiccant packs across country. They refunded me 12 or so dollars.

The second instance was that they claimed I used a large non USPS box to ship 500 - 6 mm bullets. The label I print it was for a small padded envelope which was more than sufficient for the tiny amount of item shipped. They claim I owe an additional $18.

In the second case the gentleman that received the six mmmm bullets sent me a photograph of the actual label on top of the actual padded envelope as proof that I did not make an error.

Why is any of this important?

Having shipped hundreds of items over many years I have never seen such errors occur before. Something seems very amiss. And it is my conspiracy theory opinion it has everything to do with the upcoming election.

Anyone else experiencing the same type of fiascos.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Break out the tinfoil.

Or it could be they are shipping a gazillion packages and making a % of mistakes.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Clearly, a $12 refund and an $18 surcharge are attempts to throw the presidential election. crazy

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Received a message from USPS.

"Due to the coronavirus we are unable to address this matter."

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Break out the tinfoil.

Or it could be they are shipping a gazillion packages and making a % of mistakes.

No tinfoil needed.

Something's up.

I have had huge differences in service in the past month.

Now... Think about having the most important election in our lifetime hinging on USPS now.

No way, man. No way atall.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My bills are Never late! laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
USPS is a long ways from perfect but I'll still trust them over FedEx.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
rain nor sleet nor snow nor dark of night

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not long ago my mom sent a birthday card to my granddaughter with $20 inside. The apartment number was wrong and it was returned to sender, but not before someone had opened it and removed the $20 mad

Ya I'm sure a mail in ballot will be sacrosanct.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Break out the tinfoil.

Something's up.

I have had huge differences in service in the past month.

I’ve definitely noticed the same. Never had an issue with USPS priority - now in the last two months I’ve had three major issues.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

It's been my experience that the USPS is every bit as unreliable and down right careless as UPS and FedEx. It's fairly common anymore for mail and packages sent via USPS to wind up in someone else's mail box. Was in our local P.O. just last week and watched a customer returning a monthly water bill belonging to someone else that was in delivered to his mail box. We usually get other peoples mail delivered to our mail box several times a year. Waiting on a letter myself now that was supposed to be delivered via USPS 10 days ago.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've been using them for several years in my business and have had more problems in the past year than the previous 10. I don't trust them nearly as much as I used to and it bothers me that they are going to participate in this election.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ultimately, it depends on the local offices. In NC, UPS was (hands down) the best. That changed (last year) when I moved to PA. Roll reversal. Fedex and the Post Office have been pretty good....until a week ago.

The Post Office lost a scope that is being shipped to me. No email. It only says “Alert” when I attempt to track it and goes on to say my package was “Forwarded” because the address or zip was wrong. Forwarded where? I wrote the shipper and he gave me the address to which it was sent. Its wasn’t wrong.

I called and there automated phone process and it did nothing but confirm it being “Forwarded.” I then used their online customer service form. No email was returned. No phone was made. I went to the local office and they looked it up. They confirmed it was forwarded and said they saw my written submission.

Its been 6 days since that visit. I received 2 generic commentary emails requesting my satisfaction level with the situation. Still waiting.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I've been using them for several years in my business and have had more problems in the past year than the previous 10. I don't trust them nearly as much as I used to and it bothers me that they are going to participate in this election.

Hey Jim!

Dave

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Received a message from USPS.

"Due to the coronavirus we are unable to address this matter."

Hahaha!

It even affects internets I guess.

Computer bug?

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I know and trust my local USPS carriers implicitly. The new people (not from around here) I see every time I go to the local PO, not so much. I asked the woman at the counter about USPS Flat Rate prices going up. "OH, when did that happen?" Ummm... You work here. You might have noticed that before I mentioned it ????

In the past month, three packages (two outbound, one inbound) delayed 1 to 3 days each. One inbound letter with payment still AWOL after nearly three weeks. Buyer agreed to send another check...

Do I think there is a conspiracy going on? Not yet... Is their service level quickly degrading? Definitely...

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I despise the USPS and that should be no surprise, intentionally damaged boxes of bullets and brass both inbound and outbound, smartass liberal fk's at the counter, delivery drivers too lazy to get out of the truck and smash packages into the box, counter pukes that tell me I can't ship a long gun, postmaster that can't discern the difference between a Birch 10-22 stock and a "guuuunnnn"

The last shipment of bullets started out headed to USPS but ultimately went UPS to Canada, but I just got sick of the s H ! t...and had fun.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Dave

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I bought some brass from crod1972 off the classifieds. This is the third batch I have bought from him. This last bunch was bought a couple weeks ago and I am still waiting for USPMO to get to him. Usually it would be a four day trip at best, going on two weeks now. Not sure how long before I should pull the plug on this and start what ever process to try and get my money back from USPS. Think I'm going to lay off USPS money orders and mail service to deliver PMO till after the election settles one way or the other. I too believe there may be a work slow down with the Post Office to try and make a point. Just my thoughts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My ex co-workers at USPS tell me that the president is trying to derail the voting by mail thing, by ordering the post office to start delaying the mail, and by screwing things up. Looks like it's starting to work..........lol.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Break out the tinfoil.

I ordered a nail gun repair kit Aug 19 that was shipped Aug 20. I didn't get any shipping info until Sep 3 and found out that my small bubble wrap envelope had spent 2 days in S Carolina (shipper location), 5 days in Tennessee, 2 days in Dallas, a day in Austin and 2 days in Cedar Park, Tx (where I live). It was shown out for delivery Sep 4 (didn't arrive) then out for delivery Sep 5 (didn't arrive). The shipper then notified me that if it didn't arrive by Sep 10 I could get a refund. It showed in my mailbox Sept 1.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.