M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yah, we don't all love each other.

What's the word in Clackamas County?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
This must have ceased being about fires?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not yet wabi,

Boomer wants to know how his home country is doing today.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Nope...back on track and my apologies for the detour.

I went to grab my coffee this morning while my wife was at the gym and when I walked outside I was stunned at how thick the smoke has become around here. There were a couple of DNR guys filling their brush truck with fuel and I wanted to firstly thank them for their service but also ask them a couple questions about the fires. They were pretty busy talking up the girl at the coffee stand so I didn’t interrupt their diversion. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Oregon Governor is trying to set blame on the Republican legislators who walked out and stayed out on a sessions funding package bill last year, iirc.

One part of the massive democratic bill included a wildfire funding package that would have provided cash to agencies to remove dense underbrush from Oregon Forests.

Yep, this twice in a lifetime event is the fault of Republicans.

Politics never stops.

😎

Laughable... who would have guessed?

Liberals never quit pointing the finger at others for their failures...if they can't blame the Republicans.. there is always the Russians readily available to blame...

and then how many local idiots will mark their ballots for democRATS once again in 60 days...

therein lies the rub as some Englishman once said.

"We" try to vote in fiscally conservative folks, "They" try to put together massive spending packages, "our folks" don't play, the whole package gets cancelled and nothing gets done.

Anyone who has followed my posts here every fire season knows my feelings on the issue. Many, if not most, of these major fires start in areas that are not commercially important. Chaparral, scrublands, Oak grasslands, sagebrush/juniper grasslands, roadside brush (Carr fire and apparently one of the Ashland fires). Because there's no financial value to these lands (maybe some grazing and firewood permitting) there is no push to spend money on REAL fire prevention in these areas.

No commercial company is going into these areas without being compensated with taxpayer monies. No Govt agency (Fed,State, Local) is going into these areas without raising taxes or cutting other necessary programs (roads, police, fire). There's NO money in thinning or controlled burning in chaparral or scrublands.

In areas with productive forests it's sometimes possible to get a commercial operation in there to take some of the small stuff down................if they can get a BIG harvest of merchantable timber. As in enough to cover them losing money on cutting down pecker poles. (dog hair thickets to some of y'all) . But, they'd just as soon go in and harvest good trees and leave the rest.

Someone mentioned "clear cuts" as being part of the answer? Ever seen a clearcut a couple of years into recovery go up in flames, especially on private land where they've nuked the brush with weed killer to release the conifers? That might be worse than a chaparral fire sometimes.

Lots of solutions...............................NONE of them cheap............and we don't get to pick and choose where our tax dollars go unfortunately. Really sticky for Fed stuff. Folks in the Midwest and back East don't want billions of $$$ going to clear brush and chaparral on our Western Public Lands. It's "our Western problem" after all, right? Well, I get a bit miffed every decade or two when the Mississippi or Missouri floods a good chunk of cities along their banks and folks are allowed to rebuild in the flood zone and "my" money is used to fund the rebuild.

Most of us here on the 'fire are fiscal conservatives and don't want to pay more in taxes for most anything. So we get to live with wildfires out here in the West, floods in the midwest, hurricanes on the Gulf Coast (people build back again as soon as the wind stops blowing, right?), Blizzards and Nor'easters on the Atlantic coasts.

And then there's.............................The Corona.........................which we're all going to pay for for a long long time.

The “Cliff Notes” said...Politicians Bad!

LOL

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I didn't start anything with you a s s hole, you came on a thread about the fires in Oregon and tried to make a point about me. Totally classless as usual.

This is serious, peoples lives are being destroyed, lots of them. You and Dead-Weight Dave offer nothing.

If it makes you feel better, I truly feel for everyone in Oregon and hope the very best in outcomes for every one of them.

Except you.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by callnum

Take away the rumors what will ol tin foil hat fireballz post?

"Washington State Patrol (WSP) District 1 Public Information Officer Trooper Ryan Burke announced in a tweet on Wednesday that officers from multiple jurisdictions apprehended a 36-year-old man for setting a fire in the median of SR-167 in Puyallup.

The Gateway Pundit identified the suspect as Jeffrey Accord, a local Black Lives Matter activist."

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/police...in-connection-with-west-coast-wildfires/

Was that burning grass hard to control between four lanes of asphalt?

So he was a dumbass... most of them are....which also brings you into the subject....since you are a leftist moron
like Metro Puget Sound doesn't have enough of those types...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire
Oregon Governor is trying to set blame on the Republican legislators who walked out and stayed out on a sessions funding package bill last year, iirc.

One part of the massive democratic bill included a wildfire funding package that would have provided cash to agencies to remove dense underbrush from Oregon Forests.

Yep, this twice in a lifetime event is the fault of Republicans.

Politics never stops.

😎

Laughable... who would have guessed?

Liberals never quit pointing the finger at others for their failures...if they can't blame the Republicans.. there is always the Russians readily available to blame...

and then how many local idiots will mark their ballots for democRATS once again in 60 days...

therein lies the rub as some Englishman once said.

"We" try to vote in fiscally conservative folks, "They" try to put together massive spending packages, "our folks" don't play, the whole package gets cancelled and nothing gets done.

Anyone who has followed my posts here every fire season knows my feelings on the issue. Many, if not most, of these major fires start in areas that are not commercially important. Chaparral, scrublands, Oak grasslands, sagebrush/juniper grasslands, roadside brush (Carr fire and apparently one of the Ashland fires). Because there's no financial value to these lands (maybe some grazing and firewood permitting) there is no push to spend money on REAL fire prevention in these areas.

No commercial company is going into these areas without being compensated with taxpayer monies. No Govt agency (Fed,State, Local) is going into these areas without raising taxes or cutting other necessary programs (roads, police, fire). There's NO money in thinning or controlled burning in chaparral or scrublands.

In areas with productive forests it's sometimes possible to get a commercial operation in there to take some of the small stuff down................if they can get a BIG harvest of merchantable timber. As in enough to cover them losing money on cutting down pecker poles. (dog hair thickets to some of y'all) . But, they'd just as soon go in and harvest good trees and leave the rest.

Someone mentioned "clear cuts" as being part of the answer? Ever seen a clearcut a couple of years into recovery go up in flames, especially on private land where they've nuked the brush with weed killer to release the conifers? That might be worse than a chaparral fire sometimes.

Lots of solutions...............................NONE of them cheap............and we don't get to pick and choose where our tax dollars go unfortunately. Really sticky for Fed stuff. Folks in the Midwest and back East don't want billions of $$$ going to clear brush and chaparral on our Western Public Lands. It's "our Western problem" after all, right? Well, I get a bit miffed every decade or two when the Mississippi or Missouri floods a good chunk of cities along their banks and folks are allowed to rebuild in the flood zone and "my" money is used to fund the rebuild.

Most of us here on the 'fire are fiscal conservatives and don't want to pay more in taxes for most anything. So we get to live with wildfires out here in the West, floods in the midwest, hurricanes on the Gulf Coast (people build back again as soon as the wind stops blowing, right?), Blizzards and Nor'easters on the Atlantic coasts.

And then there's.............................The Corona.........................which we're all going to pay for for a long long time.

The “Cliff Notes” said...Politicians Bad!

LOL

😎

Yes,

and taxpayers want everyone else to pay for scheidt they want done, but don't raise "MY" taxes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I didn't start anything with you a s s hole, you came on a thread about the fires in Oregon and tried to make a point about me. Totally classless as usual.

This is serious, peoples lives are being destroyed, lots of them. You and Dead-Weight Dave offer nothing.

If it makes you feel better, I truly feel for everyone in Oregon and hope the very best in outcomes for every one of them.

Except you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Except you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Shouldn't you put your obsession with me on hold and put your (very) limited mental resources to work dealing with the destruction going on all around you? I know I would.... But like I said before, carry on you stupid chunt.

Last edited by jackmountain; 09/10/20.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon

You think this thread was about fires?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by wabigoon

You think this thread was about fires?

It was all about fire....... ballz

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Come on guys, we can all get along.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
CLACKAMAS CO., Ore. – Firefighters are being told to disengage with a wildfire burning in Clackamas County on Thursday, and instead help evacuate citizens on their way out.

The news comes just hours after Clackamas County Sheriff's Office expanded Level 3 "GO" orders to include Molalla, and put the nearby towns of Canby and Oregon City under Level 2 "Be Set" notices.

Clackamas Fire said they are changing the way they are fighting the fire. For now, crews are being told to stop engaging the fires and instead focus on helping with evacuation orders.

Officials added the change is due to an increase in fire behavior. According to Clackamas Fire, the fires in the county are growing and there is a chance they could burn together.

Fire officials said their priority is to make sure firefighters are safe. Crews are being told to go to safety zones near the fire.

First responders in Clackamas County are holding a press conference at about 3 p.m.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Prayers for all involved.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Best friend is a firefighter in the middle of this with Clackamas County. Last I heard he was being sent to Estacada.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Boomer

hope your friend makes it through OK , along with any friends and family.

Big fires are a scheidty occurrence anywhere, especially so when loved ones and friends are in the way of them.

In it is contentment

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Day old info here, but, the Riverside Fire is the fire over the ridge from dad's place. The discussion here is the opposite side of the fire from what concerns me.

CLACKAMAS CO., Ore. — Emergency officials issued a new round of Level 3 "GO" evacuations for people in the City of Estacada on Wednesday afternoon as a fast-moving wildfire continues to grow in the area.

The Riverside Fire burning seven miles southeast of Estacada has burned 112,000 acres and there has been no containment, according to fire officials.

Deputies are going door-to-door evacuating people in Estacada, the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office said.

The Level evacuations were expanded in Estacada area along Hwy 224, through Eagle Creek to Barton, according to officials.

Officials said a second day of high-winds and low humidity Wednesday could continue to drive active fire growth on the Clackamas River corridor of the Mt. Hood National Forest and surrounding private lands.

Throughout the day, ground crews worked to protect critical infrastructure, homes, and property ahead of the rapidly expanding fire. However, heavy smoke and low visibility prevented air tanker pilots from safety dropping retardant to slow fire growth

“This weather is extremely hazardous to our firefighters and first responders,” said Richard Periman, Mt. Hood National Forest Supervisor. “We responded immediately when the fire was first reported, and we’ll keep all of the firefighting resources we have available on the Riverside Fire as we keep life and human safety as our top priority.”

There are 100 total personnel working on the fire, according to fire officials.

Crews and available air resources will continue to look for opportunities to stop forward growth on the fire and protect life and property.

More than 20 engines and crews are currently working to address immediate human life concerns, including working with county emergency management to assess any buildings burned on Tuesday.

The Mt. Hood National Forest is currently under a full Forest closure including all campgrounds, roads, trails, and other areas.

Other road and areas closures will be updated as that information becomes available.

Tuesday night, all of Clackamas County was under some sort of evacuation notice.

Officials say the fire is believed to be human caused.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/10/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Boomer

hope your friend makes it through OK , along with any friends and family.

Big fires are a scheidty occurrence anywhere, especially so when loved ones and friends are in the way of them.

Yeppers. It's all in the winds. Exacting details, or the lack thereof is frustrating from here but also for those nearby.

That Riverside deal is what is/was threatening Beav's peoples too.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/10/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The order in Clackamas County to no longer fight the fire is bad. Locally they are saying that it is to help evacuate Mollala which is in process now. That would be from the fire coming from the Wilhoit area. The Santuam chit, wilhoit and riverside fires could be coming together. I don't know.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 20 of 34 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (338reddog, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 308xray, 25 invisible), 1,654 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,280
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.