Hop To
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

Hatari, your argument is full of holes, The thing is young adults 18 or younger and Children also did not get Spanish flu

So to say older people had some kind of herd immunity is incorrect. I,m guessing the Spanish flu virus

Over activated there response systems in the body, and that cause there lungs to fill up and they passed.

the 20 year olds had the best response system and so they were the ones that died.

Jesus Christ read what you just posted Dumb Fugg.

And yes children did die of Spanish Flu, babies too. Damn you're stupid.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Hatari, your argument is full of holes, The thing is young adults 18 or younger and Children also did not get Spanish flu

So to say older people had some kind of herd immunity is incorrect. I,m guessing the Spanish flu virus

Over activated there response systems in the body, and that cause there lungs to fill up and they passed.

the 20 year olds had the best response system and so they were the ones that died.

DickTuck your brain is full of sh!!t...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by troublesome82
Covid is a big nothing burger unless you are old and sick! This bullshit about it is becoming exhausting. Get busy living or get busy dying!

Sounds like you are pretty easily exhausted. Are you old and sick?

You will be some day.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
When did he ban travel from China?
...Late January

Exactly. 28th or 29th

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JackRyan
Originally Posted by troublesome82
Covid is a big nothing burger unless you are old and sick! This bullshit about it is becoming exhausting. Get busy living or get busy dying!

Sounds like you are pretty easily exhausted. Are you old and sick?

You will be some day.

If it wasn't for covid, people could easily live to 130.

Last edited by ribka; 09/11/20.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Flu figures show 125 child deaths, record-high hospitalizations in young children

Alyson Sulaski Wyckoff, Associate Editor
February 28, 2020

Editor's note: For the latest flu coverage, visit https://www.aappublications.org/collection/influenza.

Another 20 children have died of flu, with the total number up to 125 so far this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC).

The death toll at this point in the season is higher than the same time period in every season since reporting began in 2004-’05, except for the H1N1 pandemic in 2009.

In a report released Friday, the CDC noted that while overall hospitalization rates are similar to this period in recent seasons, rates among school-age children and young adults are higher. Children ages 4 and younger have been hospitalized at a rate of 80.1 per 100,000 children, the highest rate the CDC has on record, even surpassing rates during the 2009 pandemic.

So far this season, there have been at least 32 million flu illnesses, 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths from the flu. This season’s flu vaccines are reducing children’s doctor visits for the illness by 55%, according to CDC estimates.

Lab data show the number of illnesses due to influenza A and B viruses are about equal for the season overall, although there has been a continued increase in influenza A in recent weeks. Most pediatric deaths (87 of 125) have been associated with influenza B viruses.

On Thursday, the World Health Organization made its recommendations for composition of influenza virus vaccines for the 2020-’21 northern hemisphere influenza season (https://www.who.int/influenza/vaccines/virus/recommendations/2020-21_north/en/). A U.S. committee will take up the issue on March 4 (https://www.fda.gov/advisory-commit...mittee-march-4-2020-meeting-announcement).

The CDC continues to recommend everyone 6 months and older get vaccinated. Physicians with high-risk patients who have contracted the virus should treat them promptly with antivirals.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Oh schist!! Close down the schools and toy stores!!

Originally Posted by joken2

Flu figures show 125 child deaths, record-high hospitalizations in young children

Alyson Sulaski Wyckoff, Associate Editor
February 28, 2020

Editor's note: For the latest flu coverage, visit https://www.aappublications.org/collection/influenza.

Another 20 children have died of flu, with the total number up to 125 so far this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC).

The death toll at this point in the season is higher than the same time period in every season since reporting began in 2004-’05, except for the H1N1 pandemic in 2009.

In a report released Friday, the CDC noted that while overall hospitalization rates are similar to this period in recent seasons, rates among school-age children and young adults are higher. Children ages 4 and younger have been hospitalized at a rate of 80.1 per 100,000 children, the highest rate the CDC has on record, even surpassing rates during the 2009 pandemic.

So far this season, there have been at least 32 million flu illnesses, 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths from the flu. This season’s flu vaccines are reducing children’s doctor visits for the illness by 55%, according to CDC estimates.

Lab data show the number of illnesses due to influenza A and B viruses are about equal for the season overall, although there has been a continued increase in influenza A in recent weeks. Most pediatric deaths (87 of 125) have been associated with influenza B viruses.

On Thursday, the World Health Organization made its recommendations for composition of influenza virus vaccines for the 2020-’21 northern hemisphere influenza season (https://www.who.int/influenza/vaccines/virus/recommendations/2020-21_north/en/). A U.S. committee will take up the issue on March 4 (https://www.fda.gov/advisory-commit...mittee-march-4-2020-meeting-announcement).

The CDC continues to recommend everyone 6 months and older get vaccinated. Physicians with high-risk patients who have contracted the virus should treat them promptly with antivirals.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bob Woodward disclosed tapes of Trump admitting the DNI told him Feb 7 th that the COVID-19 was 5 times more deadly than the

Flue. The DNI Robert Obrien told him it would be the biggest thing to happen during his presidency and that it would be worse than the Spanish Flue that

Killed 600,000 plus thousand in the USA in 1918/1919. He also told him is was mostly air born. Yet Trump went out and said it did not matter

if people gathered in large groups, like his six rallies. He discouraged people from wearing masks. 20 days after he was briefed he went on TV and stated the virus

would be gone in a fee weeks. Later he was briefed that anyone could get the virus, but he keep saying young people could not get it, knowing he

was lying. More to come

I knew it when I heard some Chinese guy had died from it. So did anyone else that has a brain.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

A leisurely stroll through older sections of cemeteries can be quite sobering reading the names and ages on grave marker after grave marker of young children and infants that died during those Spanish flu years.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G

Not in the town I was speaking of. Probably did else where.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Swine flu, SARS, H1N1, Wuhan virus .... every few years a new flu. Over 60 MILLION Americans infected with H1N1 a few years ago in Obumble's failed regime and gun truck didn't mention one word. What does that tell you?

Originally Posted by Pappy348

Bob Woodward disclosed tapes of Trump admitting the DNI told him Feb 7 th that the COVID-19 was 5 times more deadly than the

Flue. The DNI Robert Obrien told him it would be the biggest thing to happen during his presidency and that it would be worse than the Spanish Flue that

Killed 600,000 plus thousand in the USA in 1918/1919. He also told him is was mostly air born. Yet Trump went out and said it did not matter

if people gathered in large groups, like his six rallies. He discouraged people from wearing masks. 20 days after he was briefed he went on TV and stated the virus

would be gone in a fee weeks. Later he was briefed that anyone could get the virus, but he keep saying young people could not get it, knowing he

was lying. More to come

I knew it when I heard some Chinese guy had died from it. So did anyone else that has a brain.

Last edited by ribka; 09/11/20.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

A leisurely stroll through older sections of cemeteries can be quite sobering reading the names and ages on grave marker after grave marker of young children and infants that died during those Spanish flu years.

Exactly! I remember years ago walking around the cemetery where my father's grave is. A whole lot of young (very young) children died in the early 1900's here. At the time I wondered why so many children died at that time, had forgot about the Spanish Flu.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by Northman
Originally Posted by hatari

People want to go to a Trump rally? This is America, go! People don't want to go, then stay home. People want to ride motorcycles without helmets? This is America, do what you want, just remember what happened to Gary Busey. If you want to wear a mask and stay home, go for it! Why should I if I don't want to? Why is it my obligation to look after you? That's what you don't get and don't want. Freedom.

Ok.. so if somebody can trace their virus from you, can we then charge you for manslaughter when you knowingly and willfully didn't use a mask?

Since your freedom are not more worth then anybody you might have infected?

Your "freedom" ends when you hurt and endanger others lives willfully.
..........SOUTHJOKE! (northman)..... You are the gift that just keeps on giving......MASKS DO NOT WORK!!.... LOL>>>LOL...Cuz the Covid particles are too small to be properly filtered....LOL

Keep a goin. I enjoy blowing yer house of cards down. So your last post above is??? LOL>>>LOL

This is what I know. We have a half way house in my town. One of the inmates showed up with COVID and infected 6 staff members. Now those staff have to wear masks all the time while at work. Did they all violate that order or do mask really not work that well? I think there is far too much faith in masks.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Our COVID-19 "expert" Anthony Fauci is the one who told the world that COVID-19 is 10 times more deadly than the regular flu and caused the whole world to panic. He used the wrong death type to make that prediction. He used the CFR rate of .01 (1 out of 100) instead of the IFR rate of .001 (1 out of 1000). The CFR (case fatality rate of .01) is for the people who are seriously ill and probably in a hospital. The IFR (infection fatality rate of .001) is for the people are infected but have mild or no symptoms. Fauci used the CFR death for his death predictions and hasn't corrected his mistake to this day. When you take into account the large number of people who wont' get infected (which Fauci hasn't done) COVID-19 isn't may not turn out to be more dangerous than the regular flu.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Northman
Originally Posted by ERK
If the mask wearers reasoning is correct then they are totally safe from us non wearing people. Their air is filtered so they have no reason to make me wear one. Fear not oh Democrat’s ole joe will save ya. LOL edk

Yes.. so all the people that took this serious and tried to make themselves, their families and other strangers safe by wearing masks.
While you believed Trump (who we now know lied to the American people again) that this is not dangerous, refuse to wear something that might help others and reducing spreading it.

Trump said its not dangerous. You believed him above all else.
Trump caught lying about how dangerous it is.. you can't accept you got lied to and now manufacture reasons to still refuse wearing a mask that might help.

So did the dems take it seriously when they let riots and protests happen. I think not.

I do look at charts and those from Europe too. Sweden had initially a bad time because they didn't adequately protect their older population in nursing homes. Once they did thing calmed down. 15% of Swedes wear masks. As of yet they are one of the few countries over there I haven't heard getting a second wave. One of our towns masks wearers tried to compare Germany to Montana. Saying how much better Germany was doing. So I looked at Germany from the European charts. By population MT had a few more cases, but Germany had 100x more deaths.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My big question in all this: If Bob Woodward actually had a revelation like this and he'd been sitting on it since. . .what?. . .Feb? Mar? Why did it take so long for it to come out? Bob could have made this onto the front page of the WashPO with a byline?

My other questions:

If this really was a big revelation, why is it that Donald Trump repeatedly said it was serious business in is news conferences, and that he didn't want to cause panic?

Why did he close the airports to Chinese traffic in January?

Why doesn't trollfood like this bounce off the front page of 24hourcampfire in the first hour with zero responses?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Hey just read Trump got Bahrain to normalize relations with Israel. I know it isn't part of the conversation, but it is quit obvious the ant-Trumpers need more to cry about.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many died because leftist Bob Woodward sat on information for 7 months so that he could sell a book? Crimes against humanity! The left must really be pissed at him! Oh wait... They trot him out as a hero.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

WOW! The stupid is strong in you!

The Spanish flu didn’t affect children 18 or younger?.....LMFAO.

I never had any respect for you or your opinions but you just entered into a whole other realm of dumbfuckery. I can’t believe how ignorant you leftists are, dangerously so!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

WOW! The stupid is strong in you!

The Spanish flu didn’t affect children 18 or younger?.....LMFAO.

I never had any respect for you or your opinions but you just entered into a whole other realm of dumbfuckery. I can’t believe how ignorant you leftists are, dangerously so!

Problem is with these non medical trolls, I can't have a coherent conversation with them because they they don't understand the subject they are talking about in any meaningful way. Funny how I can sit with my MD and DMD buddies and discuss this and group will agree on almost all points, but throw in someone educated on Google and they want to argue how we're all wrong.

I hate that our professors in medical school lied but CNN tells the truth. Glad those lies turned up as right answers on the National Boards. wink

GunTruck is another walking Dunning-Kruger. A dude who stacked cans of .50 cal on vehicles wants to argue epidemiology with me? Well, ok, this is still America. Go for it!

Aces- have you noticed almost all of the usual trolls and sockpuppets have shown up on this thread? This is been like doing a deer drive. Chase all of the targets into one area. wink

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (204guy, 222ND, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 59 invisible), 1,872 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,249
Posts18,525,116
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.