Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by SargeMO
police recruits are generally 20 to 35 years old oh, don't have arthritis yet and our suffering the long-term effects of carpal tunnel syndrome Etc. They are generally plenty strong enough to work the slide of an automatic without pointing at toward their elbow or side or someone standing alongside them. and of course you have them for 6 to 8 months were you can correct them or send their ass down the road.

Some of us were actually around training those recruits with revolvers and through the transition to semi-automatic pistols. That group will generally do fine with whatever you train them on and yes, much of the new generation have never held a pistol before the academy.

Training private CCW folks is another matter. Lots of them are well into their golden years and they're not going to put in the time or effort to become class a action shooters with a semi-auto. many of them have already purchased a revolver before the training begins Many of those folks are in fact better served by the Simplicity and ease of operation of a double action revolver.

I realize a lot of what goes on here is Hive think and trying to aggravate people out of your tree house. and right here is the only place where it changes anything and most of that in people's imagination.

Can't rack a slide but have no trouble with the heavy double action trigger pull with their arthritis?

Miracles never cease

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Both have simple manual of arms, just different. People aren't as stupid as some seem to think (some are, though).

It's just like all the women who come into the store and their husbands have them convinced they're the weaker sex and can't rack a slide. In 2 minutes, 95% of them are doing it just fine with the overhand push-pull method.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Best sleep product on the Fire.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Oh how I have missed the pistol section of the fire. I would throw my .02 in but I looks like I'm out since I don't hold the coveted NRA certificates. I do appreciate how the OP has answered all of his own questions and decided who is allowed to contribute in a worthwhile manner. Lol

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
Oh how I have missed the pistol section of the fire. I would throw my .02 in but I looks like I'm out since I don't hold the coveted NRA certificates. I do appreciate how the OP has answered all of his own questions and decided who is allowed to contribute in a worthwhile manner. Lol

ZING! Couldn't have said it better myself.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jwp475

Can't rack a slide but have no trouble with the heavy double action trigger pull with their arthritis?

Miracles never cease

Exactly! Also, racking a slide is an occasional occurrence. That heavy DA pull is an every shot event.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by jwp475

Miracles never cease

Exactly! Also, racking a slide is an occasional occurrence. That heavy DA pull is an every shot event.

My wife was/is unable to shoot a revolver because of her small hands a severe arthritis. So she selected a semi auto that she us comfortable with and shoots well enough to take out snakes

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jmd025
Revolver :
Press cylinder latch
Press cylinder open
Insert rounds
Close cylinder
Pull trigger till done
Press cylinder latch
Press cylinder open
Slap ejector rod
Close cylinder

Auto (striker fired / no safety to be most revolver-esque)
Load mag
Insert mag
Rack slide
Pull trigger till done
Drop mag
Rack slide to make your self feel better that it’s empty

What did I miss ? (Big fuggin difference :sarcasm )

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There is a reason thr Glock dominates the Police market.
BTW, if the slide stays open on the last semi auto shot, the gun is empty. No need for the last step. The slide should be normally left open unless there is a desire to immediately fire or store the pistol.

Last edited by mrmarklin; 09/11/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This has certainly turned into one of the dumber pissing matches I've seen on this forum. I mean....it lacks all the humor of a Hardin/Gunkid thread, but still going nowhere.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Trigger pull poundage on revolvers and semi's are a deal killer.

In IDPA, we see a lot of kids and newly divorced women learn to shoot, change mags, clear Fail To Fire, etc. Trigger pull is their main obstacle to over come

Children(young adults) and small women have a hard time with very heavy trigger pull.

One thing for sure, 17-20 round 9mm gives them a lot of confidence, especially the women fearful of their agressive X.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
13 brand new women shooters in a 4 hour class today. I'd estimate ages to be from 25-67 and the average somewhere around 40. All of them very new and very weak.

2 S&W .22s (Victory?) and a Glock .22, everything else was striker fired.

With minimal instruction they were all loading, unloading, firing, and clearing basic and double-feed malfunctions with aplomb. I'd guess the average A-Zone hit percentage at 15 yards was 80%, C-Zone 95%.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When you find yourself under attack by a mob of ANTIFA or BLM thugs the semi-auto Glock with a backup 33 round mag is much better than a revolver.

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by FreeMe
This has certainly turned into one of the dumber pissing matches I've seen on this forum. I mean....it lacks all the humor of a Hardin/Gunkid thread, but still going nowhere.

Originally Posted by Savuti
Originally Posted by varmintsinc

ZING! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ConradCA
When you find yourself under attack by a mob of ANTIFA or BLM thugs the semi-auto Glock with a backup 33 round mag is much better than a revolver.

Certainly. That's been my choice for a lot of years now. Love revolvers, but I choose a Glock (26, 19, or 17, and sometimes 43), and have dedicated myself to learning them.

That, of course, has nothing to do with the question of which has a simpler manual of arms between, say, a Glock 19 and a Model 10 S&W. It's not a huge difference on that scale, but it does go to the S&W Model 10. Whether you think that's a particularly important distinction is yet another matter. Even a little training and experience nullifies it almost entirely. But for the gun that going to be bought by a novice, who learns only its basic function, loads it, and sticks it in a sock drawer, the Model 10 is the choice less likely to result in an unintentional discharge due to the simplicity (and inherent safety) of its manual of arms, assuming the hammer is never manually cocked (which it doesn't need to be, to operate it).

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
13 brand new women shooters in a 4 hour class today. I'd estimate ages to be from 25-67 and the average somewhere around 40. All of them very new and very weak.

With minimal instruction they were all loading, unloading, firing, and clearing basic and double-feed malfunctions with aplomb. I'd guess the average A-Zone hit percentage at 15 yards was 80%, C-Zone 95%.

The semi proved to not be that complicated i see

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You're gonna have a hard time fitting in if you travel back to 1986.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by deflave

Just don't ride in a DeLorean

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by deflave

All that is necessary is to get a red hat and yell a lot.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,188
Posts18,484,884
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.