Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

It can not be stopped, right now. There is no easy answer. Best we can do right now is follow Dr. Fauci advice.

Wear a mask, stay 6 feet away from people. Get tested if you feel sick. Contact Tracing is very important. Taiwan

and Germany were able to cut there deaths with it. Good masks do work, get a KN95 mask.

This is the first thing you've posted on this I agree with. See, we can agree on logic. Once the virus got out of Wuhan, we were screwed.

It cannot be stopped now, and there is is no easy answer.

All the measures put forward now are simply to slow the rate of transmission. The next challenge to answer will be "is that the best answer for every country?

Taiwan is an island. Easy to isolate and tiny compared to the US. German is the size of Oregon and Arkansas put together. Smaller area to control. No porous southern border with all of Latin America. Germany's neighbors are far more sophisticated and have far better healthcare and they don't have people swimming the river to get in. (Once Merkel slowed down the Muslim invasion). Taiwan and Germany are not accurate models for the US because of these factors. Not that we can't share and learn with them, you just can't point and say "They have the answer for us."

So you and I can agree that this cannot be stopped, only slowed. We can debate whether in the long run it is better to let it go its natural course or to cover up. We don't know that answer. We won't know that answer until everything is factored in and the studies come up 5 years from now. Was Sweden just as effective? We will find out.

My thing for you and all the others on here that hate Trump and want him out is I want you to read what you wrote again.

It can not be stopped, right now. There is no easy answer.

That was what Trump was faced with last January. You can believe he got plenty of advice from MANY experts. Epidemiologists, disease experts, as well as economists and politicians. The bottom line is, once it was out of Wuhan, it was not going to be stopped. People were going to get it. Trump didn't put COVID patients into nursing homes, Andrew Cuomo did. Pretty much every country saw a devastating effect on the elderly in the early months. Hey! Why didn't Europe shut down first? Why didn't they prevent it from coming here?

See, you can play Monday Morning Quarterback all you want. You can use your hindsight and say "Trump should have done this or that." We are dealing with an unknown. The world did not shut down during the 2009-10 H1N1 pandemic, but wasn't that the same strain that killed 50 million in 1918-1919? Didn't Obama know how dangerous that virus is? Why didn't he have us all wearing masks? Early on was he sure that this version wasn't even more deadly? Why isn't what Obama did good enough for Trump? Early on, everything was conjecture, just like 2009. When things proved to be more serious, Trump shut things down. Now we all wear masks. All you can bitch about is that it didn't happen fast enough. Hey, this is America buddy, if you needed a mask, you coulda worn one. oh, wait, there was this CRITICAL SHORTAGE of N95 masks! Did you forget about the shortage of PPE? I didn't. Caused me to shut down my practice for 5 weeks while my supplies were diverted to hospitals. Remember Trump ramping up ventilator manufacturing and had 3M start pumping out masks? I do. How about some love for that?

If you don't like Trump, then find something substantive to beat him on, not Monday Morning Qb stuff. Biden says he'll expand testing at the same time the CDC is telling people that are asymptomatic NOT to get tested because it is unnecessary.
C.D.C. Now Says People Without Covid-19 Symptoms Do Not ...www.nytimes.com › 2020/08/25 › health › covid-19-testing-cdc
Aug 25, 2020 - C.D.C. Now Says People Without Covid-19 Symptoms Do Not Need Testing.

I don't care if you like Trump or not. This is America, you get a vote, so use it. I object to nonsense. "Trump should've done this or that" is nonsense. There are no measures that would have substantially changed the ultimate universal spread of COVID 19 to every county in the US. The only argument left is whether it is better to slow the rate of transmission down and pray that a vaccine will spare a big number but also making this a 24-36 month ordeal or is it better to let it burn itself out like the last three pandemics? Healthcare is ready to treat and handle patients. The number of cases is rising, but the mortality rate is declining. These aren't the same conditions we had in March-April. Healthcare has caught up. We have better treatments.

See, if you come with a straight answer and not BS, I can be reasonable and we can have a discussion. Play the Democrat Talking Point game, and it's open season.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting unproven theory about viral loads and the severity of illness from Covid-19.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...ng-people-covid-19-immunity-researchers/

Face masks may be inadvertently giving people Covid-19 immunity and making them get less sick from the virus, academics have suggested in one of the most respected medical journals in the world.

The commentary, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, advances the unproven but promising theory that universal face mask wearing might be helping to reduce the severity of the virus and ensuring that a greater proportion of new infections are asymptomatic.

While this hypothesis needs to be backed up with more clinical study, experiments in hamsters have hinted at a connection between dose and disease. Earlier this year, a team of researchers in China found that hamsters housed behind a barrier made of surgical masks were less likely to get infected by the coronavirus. And those who did contract the virus became less sick than other animals without masks to protect them.

Some observations found in humans seem to support this as well. In a coronavirus outbreak on a closed Argentinian cruise ship, for example, where passengers were provided with surgical masks and staff with N95 masks, the rate of asymptomatic infection was 81 per cent. This is compared with 20 per cent in earlier cruise ship outbreaks without universal masking.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Hey man this works. I shot a load into the wife through a sock and she only got a little pregnant. Proof positive. Edk

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I wish all the believers would kill themselves.

That would really help stop the spread.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ERK
Hey man this works. I shot a load into the wife through a sock and she only got a little pregnant. Proof positive. Edk

laugh laugh laugh laugh

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by hatari
I have a challenge for Northman, Gunphouc, Ginter (That includes rginther and RobertJordanFunk) and all the Lefties.

I will concede defeat IF you can tell us what your plan (or the Dem plan) was to STOP the transmission of the virus starting February 1.

I dont have definite answer... But there was/is no way to stop the Covid spreading once it first hit US shores, it was destined to spread.
Trump though had the full force of the US Government behind him to put in nearly any measures needed. With the knowledge of hundreds of epidemiologists and scientists advising his government.

Considering most other developed countries has a MUCH higher population density then most US states, those other countries did a hell of a lot better job to get things under control, when citizens where told the truth.

Right wing republicans have enough problems trusting a government... and when Trump goes around pubblicly telling his most devoted followers for months that this is a flat out hoax, it really does not help anybody!!!

Especially not when he privatly talked about how deadly he knew Covid would be.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
NorthGal,

Be sure and remind us after November.

It might help plug your flow.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Northman
I have a challenge for Northman, Gunphouc, Ginter (That includes rginther and RobertJordanFunk) and all the Lefties.

I will concede defeat IF you can tell us what your plan (or the Dem plan) was to STOP the transmission of the virus starting February 1.

I dont have definite answer... But there was/is no way to stop the Covid spreading once it first hit US shores, it was destined to spread.

OK, even you and I can agree on this.

The rest is Monday Morning QB stuff. "Maybe/if we had run more on first down we could have scored more".

You say yourself that " there was/is no way to stop the Covid spreading once it first hit US shores, it was destined to spread."

Just because you hate Trump, don't ignore that ChiComs let it out, and from there it was all catch up.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hat,
The ChiComs not only let it out, they knowingly sent it out into the world while restricting domestic travel.
Something the left has conveniently forgotten.

But hey Northman, Ginther, GunTruck etc, etc, etc have decided to place blame on Trump.

It's that forest for trees and lack of vision deal with them.
Everything ALL the time is on Trump.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

First things first, Governor just announced that no Antifa has been arrested for setting fires. Totally false story.

We should have followed Taiwans example on how to fight the COVID-19. First they did very aggressive contact tracing.

If you tested positive you were quarantined for 14 days. But they also gave you a phone that showed the government

your location. If you were where you were not supposed to be or failed to answer the phone they came and arrested you.

Everyone was required to wear a mask outdoors. No businesses were closed and no schools were closed.

Taiwan has a population of 23 million. They had less than 10 deaths. Bottom line Masks and contact tracing are the key,

Please tell me you never had children.

Unfortunately he does..And uses dope freely around them. Just look up JeffO which is his original handle here and you will see a long littany of stupidity like no other.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Trump though had the full force of the US Government behind him to put in nearly any measures needed. With the knowledge of hundreds of epidemiologists and scientists advising

Apparently you forget that the CCP/Wuhan Virology Laboratory is the origin of COVID 19. What did China do to stop the spread worldwide, how about nothing. Virologists, Epidemiologists and Pathologist have had to medically reverse engineer an understanding of the virus and use probabilities of treatment and at the same time create from whole cloth a vaccine to combat it. It could have been a much different outcome if China would have opened the books early on on the virus as requested by the USA (Trump). Having the ability to look at the Lab data and medical science would have been beneficial beyond belief in the ability to fight the virus. Your condemnation should be directed at the CCP, in fact the world’s condemnation should be directed there as well. Also complicit in the virus coverup is the WHO. Just read all the news coming out of Taiwan in Nov 2019. Trump does travel ban, Trump does daily briefings on mitigation as best anyone can with no real understanding of what we’re up against, Trump initiates DoD materials priority for mask production, medicine production, ventilator production; Trump has Army Corps of Engineers retrofit vacant buildings as make shift hospitals and portable medical facilities, Trump sends naval hospital ships, Trump initiates operation Warp Speed for vaccine generation and production with entire support system to initiate vaccine (distribution, syringes, etc). Lastly I’ll add that Trump’s biggest obstacles were his predecessors who farmed out all of these critical PPE elements and pharmaceuticals to where? That be China. Your assessment of Trump and his task force is foolish and without merit. Try to be objective, for if you were you would turn your anger and criticism on where it belongs, the CCP.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sometimes I wonder about Trump. why in Gods name did he talk to this jerk. He should have known it wouldn't end well!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

You say yourself that " there was/is no way to stop the Covid spreading once it first hit US shores, it was destined to spread."

Just because you hate Trump, don't ignore that ChiComs let it out, and from there it was all catch up.

But why can't anybody accept that Trump spent months telling his hardcore fanbase (and the American people) that its a hoax and not any worse then the flu... when he knew he was wrong?

People even on this forum, dont even belive its real NOW, even after recordings of Trump on Feb 7 told a writer that "this is deadly stuff".. "at least 5 times more deadly then the most strenuous flu".
While people in his subsequent rallies and twitter feed got the message that this is just a hoax.

He was misleading the American people... while tens of thousands of Americans died.

If he wasn't missleaidng the American people, then his followers should RIGHT NOW take this as serious as President Trump said it was, in private and on record to a writer.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G

What is wrong with what Trump did was lie to the American people for months knowing COVID-19 was going to

be much worse than he was saying. Plus he never came out with a national plan to combat the virus, he continuely

put it off on the governors. The Governors could not implement a national plan. He never used the Defense Production

Act to the fullest extent possible. He lie and said children were almost immune to COVID-19. He said testing for the virus

and contact tracing were a waste of time. He also came out with all these unproven cures that wasted time.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It’s BS dumbass!!! Fatality rate of less than 1% worldwide. You’re a fugking idiot!!!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Springcove
It’s BS dumbass!!! Fatality rate of less than 1% worldwide. You’re a fugking idiot!!!

And here we have one that believed the Lies Trump told the American people.

Trump didn't try to calm people... he lied to them, calling it a hoax for months.
And, as we see, this supporter believed it.

But.. Trump on Feb 7, knew this was deadly serious stuff, with a fatality rate much higher then the flu.

So.. either you belive what he says privately or publicly?
You really still want to belive its just a hoax... but, Trump has said its not.

Well.. he has said both. One is a lie.. the other the truth.
But you can't see which is which any longer..

198.000 dead Americans as a result to now.
Tens and tens of thousands Americans could have lived now, had he warned the American people with the TRUTH on Feb 7, like he did to the writer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Trump didn't try to calm people... he lied to them, calling it a hoax for months.

But.. Trump on Feb 7, knew this was deadly serious stuff, with a fatality rate much higher then flue.

You really still want to belive its just a hoax... but, Trump has said its not.

Well.. he has said both. One is a lie.. the other the truth.
But you can't see which is which any longer..

I see Northman's dumbassery hasn't changed. FDR withheld to the public about how bad was the depression, then he misled the public on how bad it was after Pearl Harbor. JFK witheld about Cuba, LBJ LIED about Vietnam, Bush 43 about the market crash and let's not go into obama (the marxist's panoply of lies).. Trump PLAYED DOWN the virus to keep hand wringing pussies like you and JeffO (aka GunTruck) from scarfing up all the toilet paper and tampons and of course masks. The record speaks for itself. He st up a task force at the end of January, instituted a travel ban from China that all you democraps labeled "racist" and jingoistic. he gave and manufactured more supplies to replenish what obama didn't in record time including two hospital ships and a hospital to NYC that the idiot governor and mudshark mayor didn't even use. So please, spare us the democrat lies and talking points about the President LYING about the virus.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

But.. Trump on Feb 7, knew this was deadly serious stuff, with a fatality rate 5 times higher then flue.

So, either you believe the lies Trump has said publicly for months?
Or the TRUTH he spoke about privately?

You still want to belive its a hoax... Trump said its not.

..............Hey SOUTH-JERK!!.....You are grasping at straws like the idiots in the media and just like the Trump haters have been doing for 4 plus years. Trying to hang Trump on his every word. He did not say this or did not say that, or he said this the wrong way or that the wrong way or whatever. So let us all assume that Trump had come out and said EXACTLY what you had wanted him to say back in early Feb. Would that have saved more lives? NOOOOOOO! And you cannot produce one damned thing that could prove it scientifically or medically.....You are a JOKE!.......When confronted, you cowardly Trump haters dive for cover.

Let me remind you AGAIN southJOKE, that all thru Jan, Feb and up until mid-March, that it was PIGlosi and most of demCRAP party (ALL CAUGHT ON VIDEO TAPE) who downplayed the seriousness of the virus and bashed Trump for being zeneee-phobic, an alarmist and a racist for initiating the travel bans on China and Europe.....IT WAS THE demCRAPS who down played the seriousness of the virus you damned LYING and HYPOCRITICAL FOOL!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

.........Nice try southJOKE. Tell ya what CLOWN.......Why don't you take the above graph and show your buddy Cuomo, the pathetic and disasterous governor of NY. HIS ORDERS directing infected covid19 patients to be housed into dozens and dozens of nursing homes was directly responsible for the killing of 11,000 plus nursing home residents. Not only that BONEHEAD, most of the covid19 deaths in the USA occurred where?? IN BLUE RUN DEMCRAP STATES!!

So you can take your above graph and shove it you hypocrite.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 55 invisible), 1,872 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,279
Posts18,525,570
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.