Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Might this be a reason the "authorities" are downplaying arson reports?

https://katu.com/news/local/armed-n...asking-for-id-multnomah-co-deputies-said

Roadblocks will not be tolerated in Oregon?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Mmmn? British Columbia:

yep, they stop at the border

Provincial Current Year Fires
▲ 24 in the last 7 days

▲ 3 in the last 2 days

https://governmentofbc.maps.arcgis....x.html#/f0ac328d88c74d07aa2ee385abe2a41b

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I live in one of the biggest counties with I-5 running thru it, and we still only have 7 people per square mile, Valsdad's county is 2.25 people per sq mile.
I don't think a lot of you folks from the eastern states really understand what "remote" means as it applies to the mountain West. 4 of the biggest fires in mountain northern Calif. and Southern Oregon are in areas that have no roads...none. An arsonist would need physical training, backpack, food....basically he'd need to be a Army Ranger candidate, to access the country where these fires appear to have started. Lightning caused fires can be "sleepers" for up to 2 weeks after a lightning event...and this is common. And we had a lightning storm less than 2 weeks ago. Remote radio and telephone repeater sites are on mountain tops, some have no electricity and generate power by burning propane heating thermal generators, some of the ones closer to civilization have power lines running up heavily forested ridgelines. All are frequently exposed to wind and weather events that you folks back east call hurricanes and tropical storms. This is not conjecture..this is fact.
Arson, hell yes, nearer to populated areas, but after the dust settles I think we will discover that even the arson is primarily caused by homeless druggies and meth heads, great way to wipe out a drug debt, great way to put a competing marijuana grower out of business. It is harvest time in the Emerald Triangle.
And yes, there is a political element out there plotting to disrupt the system. I think we will find that these idiots operate in or very near urban centers and universities. But, I will publicly apologize to you guys if it turns out more than a quarter of the fires were arson/sabotage.

I will join in your apology too, should events turn out that way.

And lightning fires, or slash burning, can cause a fire "month" later when a punky stump burns down and ignites the roots, which smolder until it reaches a root exposed to air, on a windy day.

I've run across smoldering stumps and logs in cuts a couple of months after the burn. Fortunately on the wet side after the rains were on the way.

But, on occasion the timber companies get their timing wrong and have to go back in and put out a bigger fire than the clearcut they burned off.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One time the forest service did a "controlled burn" on Green Ridge, out of Camp Sherman, Oregon in August. Of course it got away from them, duh. They investigated themselves and found that no forest service internal policies were violated.

Gee, that's re-assuring.

LOL
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Im waiting to find out what started the 2-4-2 fire! I will look when they let us in, but I don't believe any powerlines are close to the start! My guess is human caused, by some illegal campfire! It is close to hwy 97! It started less than a mile east of the hwy! I am holding judgement on that fire. I do be!ieve some are purposely started! I just dont know what ones! I do believe the portland pukes will and do start fires, as part of their agenda! They have also said they were going all over the state, to perpetuate their agenda! Thats factual and had been on the news daily, until the fires started! I know that since the Clinton administration, proper forest management has been non-existent, in many parts of the west! Since the alleged pandemic, the number of out of state autos, has increased significantly. I'll leave it at that!

Last edited by Heym06; 09/14/20.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Who was it that posted the map showing all the fires stopping at the Canadian line?

This map?

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/

Well, it's a US Federal Fire map, so it makes sense they stop at the border.
I'm just going from memory, but the map looks different. The map I'm talking about was posted bolstering somebody's argument that many fires were set.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I live in one of the biggest counties with I-5 running thru it, and we still only have 7 people per square mile, Valsdad's county is 2.25 people per sq mile.
I don't think a lot of you folks from the eastern states really understand what "remote" means as it applies to the mountain West. 4 of the biggest fires in mountain northern Calif. and Southern Oregon are in areas that have no roads...none. An arsonist would need physical training, backpack, food....basically he'd need to be a Army Ranger candidate, to access the country where these fires appear to have started. Lightning caused fires can be "sleepers" for up to 2 weeks after a lightning event...and this is common. And we had a lightning storm less than 2 weeks ago. Remote radio and telephone repeater sites are on mountain tops, some have no electricity and generate power by burning propane heating thermal generators, some of the ones closer to civilization have power lines running up heavily forested ridgelines. All are frequently exposed to wind and weather events that you folks back east call hurricanes and tropical storms. This is not conjecture..this is fact.
Arson, hell yes, nearer to populated areas, but after the dust settles I think we will discover that even the arson is primarily caused by homeless druggies and meth heads, great way to wipe out a drug debt, great way to put a competing marijuana grower out of business. It is harvest time in the Emerald Triangle.
And yes, there is a political element out there plotting to disrupt the system. I think we will find that these idiots operate in or very near urban centers and universities. But, I will publicly apologize to you guys if it turns out more than a quarter of the fires were arson/sabotage.

I will join in your apology too, should events turn out that way.

And lightning fires, or slash burning, can cause a fire "month" later when a punky stump burns down and ignites the roots, which smolder until it reaches a root exposed to air, on a windy day.

I've run across smoldering stumps and logs in cuts a couple of months after the burn. Fortunately on the wet side after the rains were on the way.

But, on occasion the timber companies get their timing wrong and have to go back in and put out a bigger fire than the clearcut they burned off.
I've seen the local fire dept's put fires out only to have the same ones blow back up as soon as the wind picks up a little. I'd think they'd know what they were doing enough to get them out completely before leaving so I assume it's very difficult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
VALSDAD - " ... I've lived in enough places to know response times of rural agencies. It's why, even in Cali, many rural county Sheriffs have no problem issuing carry permits. They know when something happens their deputy might be on the other side of the county. ..."

Yep. Tulare County, Kern County, Shasta County, Inyo County, and some other rural Calif. counties used to issue CCWs without any trouble, to their residents. Used to be, I'll say, but as we moved to Idaho in Nov., 1997, can't say if the Sheriffs there still do so.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Heym06
Im waiting to find out what started the 2-4-2 fire! I will look when they let us in, but I don't believe any powerlines are close to the start! My guess is human caused, by some illegal campfire! It is close to hwy 97! It started less than a mile east of the hwy! I am holding judgement on that fire. I do be!ieve some are purposely started! I just dont know what ones! I do believe the portland pukes will and do start fires, as part of their agenda! They have also said they were going all over the state, to perpetuate their agenda! Thats factual and had been on the news daily, until the fires started! I know that since the Clinton administration, proper forest management has been non-existent, in many parts of the west! Since the alleged pandemic, the number of out of state autos, has increased significantly. I'll leave it at that!

The original incident report, on the day it started, said Williamson River Campground. Is that the USFS campground about a 1/4 mi north of Collier Logging Museum?
Update, Klamath Herald and News reporting it started in the campground Monday night.

Last edited by flintlocke; 09/14/20.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'd cap him just for wearing his stupid ball cap backwards and the straight/flat bill...

Now now, you don't want the younger members calling you a boomer or an old fugg grin

ok boomer

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
*Not responding to rengade, just the thread. No, I don't have "links".

This is my friend of 35 years telling me his son in law was involved in one of these arrests. I have no reason to doubt him. I don't know anything beyond that.

Look, here's how it works.

Oregons governor and Portlands mayor protect antifa while they burn and loot for months in Portland.

Antifa threatens to take it outside Portland.

There are no repurcussions for their criminal acts.

One day Oregon catches on fire.

Lots of Oregon.

Peoples lives are lost, homes are lost, businesses are lost.

New fires contnue to pop up.

People are caught lighting fires, attempting to light fires, walking around with blowtorches and gasonline. Empty gas cans are found in areas where fires started. Suspicious people are reported all over the place.

The media ignores it.

The State Fire Marshal is put on administrative leave and is replaced (thrown under the bus)

The governor of Oregon along with Newsome and one other blame climate change and Donald Trump.

Social media sites reporting individuals caught and arrested for setting fires are scrubbed.

Look, I could go on and on, but really, how fucquing stupid do you have to be to not see what's happening here?

So do something worthwhile with your life .

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Heym06

The original incident report, on the day it started, said Williamson River Campground. Is that the USFS campground about a 1/4 mi north of Collier Logging Museum?
Update, Klamath Herald and News reporting it started in the campground Monday night.

I read that in the alleged news paper! The first pictures of the fire, I seen show it north of the campground! Near the big area that gravel was stored, when rebuilding 97 up Spring creek hill! My friends filmed it while coming back from the coast! As they passed the campground road you could see no smoke or fire! I figured it might be a campfire, but illegal, and 1/2 mile from the campground! People camp at the gravel area, because they can stay a long time, and no pay!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's a common occurrence, camping outside the established area so one does not have to pay the fee or abide by the stay limit.

In it is contentment

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Portland cops caught this guy...i'm wondering the motive

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sse
Portland cops caught this guy...i'm wondering the motive

Whack Job! crazy crazy

Starts fires a day or so after being released from jail for starting fires.

Ever know a drunk or addict that was drunk or stoned the day after being released from jail or a hospital for being drunk or stoned? No doubt Domingo is a firebug, loves to see scheidt burn. Even bushes along the freeway.

In it is contentment

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1badf350, 1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 007FJ, 51 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,039
Posts18,500,735
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.