Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Just talked to MOM and she said so far just some rain and wind.

This time tomorrow will tell the story for the Biloxi area.

Hancock County is under mandatory evacuation orders.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Well the 10 pm is in now,still 100 mph going west north west at 3. New eye land fall 7 am Wed in Mobile then a very slow hook east north east. 20 plus inches of rain plus the wind is going to make for a few long days.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by slumlord
Food plots will get rain.

Dang I am glad we did not plant ours this past weekend. If we get near the rain they say it would have been a total waist of money and time.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
Gonna get a bit sporty here. I just left Fort Morgan peninsula on the south side of Mobile Bay. Seas 8 -10' on the gulf side and 4 - 6' on the bay side. Some coastal flooding underway. Latest forecast calling for 15 - 20" of rain and 4 - 7' storm surge.

I spent the past month building a boathouse out there and finished it yesterday. I was driving thru saltwater getting the last of my stuff out a little bit ago. Gonna be an interesting few days for sure.

Just finished the boat house yesterday. Bama Rick I think you are going to have to build a new boat house.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm planting food plots hoping for a rain I won't put any fertilizer on for a couple of weeks though. My guess is the rain is going to be bad in places but the wind shouldn't be much of a factor.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Gonna get a bit sporty here. I just left Fort Morgan peninsula on the south side of Mobile Bay. Seas 8 -10' on the gulf side and 4 - 6' on the bay side. Some coastal flooding underway. Latest forecast calling for 15 - 20" of rain and 4 - 7' storm surge.

I spent the past month building a boathouse out there and finished it yesterday. I was driving thru saltwater getting the last of my stuff out a little bit ago. Gonna be an interesting few days for sure.

Just finished the boat house yesterday. Bama Rick I think you are going to have to build a new boat house.

The Boathouse will be fine, but the piers not so much.
We lost power about an hour ago. Probably going to be a few days.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The deck boards get torn loose pretty easily. The rest of the structure can withstand quite a bit. Here's wishing you luck.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The deck boards get torn loose pretty easily. The rest of the structure can withstand quite a bit. Here's wishing you luck.

Job security... grin

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Job security... grin

Keep us posted, Rick.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
It's hurricane season in the South. SO far, here in North Central FL, we have dodged the bullet.

Well, at least there's no conjecture as to them being arsonist caused.

Laughing at “conjecture “

Sam......

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Our buddies in Venice have their boats back at the dock and are hoping they'll open the levy up so they can get back home. The water only got 3' over normal which is just a really high tide.

Life is good live it while you can.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Taz himself couldn’t spin one of those small ones up!! Got friends in BSL, Mississippi. Looks like they’re gonna get hit right in the teeth.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck to you guys!

Carpe' Scrotum
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Bay St Louis is looking better than it did a few hours ago, the storm's shifting east. They're calling for 3-5' storm surges all along the MS gulf coast (Katrina was 30' just outside Bay St Louis).

It looks like Dauphin Island and Mobile AL are in the crosshairs.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
[Linked Image from nhc.noaa.gov]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck the to Bama folks.

Keeps shifting. Now saying 2-4” for east central MS.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Damn thing is moving along at 2 mph.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Looks like we're gonna take a direct hit, give or take a few miles. Latest track has it coming in about 20 mi. west of here early in the morning. NOAA is forecasting 20 - 25" of rain here. All good so far...

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Looks like we're gonna take a direct hit, give or take a few miles. Latest track has it coming in about 20 mi. west of here early in the morning. NOAA is forecasting 20 - 25" of rain here. All good so far...

Yep, wife and I are here chilling and watching the weather nerds. Looks like the eye is skirting just east of our place so we are relatively relieved about that.

Bout ready to claw my eyeballs out given the pace its moving. Tired of hearing the words "historic rain / flooding".

Power is flickering pretty regularly. Don't think it will make it through the night.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
God bless all you Coastal folks. Our home is praying for you.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,837
Posts18,478,100
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.