Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gregintenn
With the increasing popularity of electric cars coupled with the ever increasing number of dumbass people, do you reckon a guy could build a large battery charger mounted on a flatbed truck and go around charging dead electric cars on the side of the road?

I like the way you think.

Technically, an electric vehicle probably takes quite some time to charge. It might be logical to have a tow and charge and delivery service. Basically a low profile lightweight trailer that the electric vehicle could be loaded onto then plugged in to charge while the vehicle is being towed to the owners desired location.

Of course this Deluxe accommodation service would have a price of $200 an hour or somewhere there about.

I am not sure how you would Market the service, but I'm sure some of these Millennials with plenty of plastic would be willing to pay.

Call the business "Green Love"... and make them think you are one of them. Of course we all know Green Love would actually stand for your love of green money.

Good luck and I will take 1% of your business for my brilliant input.

Last edited by CashisKing; 09/15/20. Reason: Damn phone typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Both of my sons have Teslas. Neither are retarded and have no problems. There is a E Car charging station at the Wolf and Bear Park in W. Yellowstone W 10 chargers. Such a business would probably confine you to customers that are not smart, ergo less than affluent, not a good market to enter.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
The catch22 is that you'd have to live where there's a ton of electric cars. Know what I'm saying?

I’m thinking ahead. I expect them to be common everywhere in the next 10-20 years. I do understand what you are getting at though.

When elec gets to be the norm, and it will, batteries will be standardized and interchangeable between maker lines, at the least.

There will be charging stations, along the lines of gas stations now, where you can pull your elec in, pay for the refill, and the batteries will be exchanged with charged ones.

Then, you drive off, and at some point, it will be faster than pumping gas and you won't have ta get outta your car.

Ha. They can't even standardize which side of the car the gas filler hole's on.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Couple years ago there was a Volt pulled over on the side of the road. Later that day I drove by it and they had an orange extension cord across the road to a house across the street. Not sure how that worked out, but it was gone the next day.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't think I can drive more than three miles without seeing at least one Tesla in this area.

I've yet to see one stranded on the side of the road or in a parking lot.

And if there are a good number of electrics in your area there will be a good number of SuperCharge stations. Any tow truck can drop a Tesla off at one.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
The catch22 is that you'd have to live where there's a ton of electric cars. Know what I'm saying?

I’m thinking ahead. I expect them to be common everywhere in the next 10-20 years. I do understand what you are getting at though.

When elec gets to be the norm, and it will, batteries will be standardized and interchangeable between maker lines, at the least.

There will be charging stations, along the lines of gas stations now, where you can pull your elec in, pay for the refill, and the batteries will be exchanged with charged ones.

Then, you drive off, and at some point, it will be faster than pumping gas and you won't have ta get outta your car.

Yes, just like car engines are interchangeable today.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A truck rigged with USB ports through a “peaceful protest” would make millions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dont understand why you would have to charge them all the way up. Wouldnt you just charge them enough to get to a charging station or home? If someone runs out of gas you wouldn't bring them 22 gallons of gas to fill the tank. You bring a few gallons to get them to a gas station.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 16bore
A truck rigged with USB ports through a “peaceful protest” would make millions.

By golly, that is genius!

Last edited by gregintenn; 09/16/20.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I dont understand why you would have to charge them all the way up. Wouldnt you just charge them enough to get to a charging station or home? If someone runs out of gas you wouldn't bring them 22 gallons of gas to fill the tank. You bring a few gallons to get them to a gas station.

That was my thought as well.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Morewood
A pair of heavy-duty jumper cables walk into a bar and order a beer. The bartender says "I'll serve you but don't try to start anything".

Two batteries and a 3-cell flashlite walk into a bar. A Leupold scope fails.

LOL
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing
With the increasing popularity of electric cars coupled with the ever increasing number of dumbass people, do you reckon a guy could build a large battery charger mounted on a flatbed truck and go around charging dead electric cars on the side of the road?

I like the way you think.

Technically, an electric vehicle probably takes quite some time to charge. It might be logical to have a tow and charge and delivery service. Basically a low profile lightweight trailer that the electric vehicle could be loaded onto then plugged in to charge while the vehicle is being towed to the owners desired location.

Of course this Deluxe accommodation service would have a price of $200 an hour or somewhere there about.

I am not sure how you would Market the service, but I'm sure some of these Millennials with plenty of plastic would be willing to pay.

Call the business "Green Love"... and make them think you are one of them. Of course we all know Green Love would actually stand for your love of green money.

Good luck and I will take 1% of your business for my brilliant input.

That's a good idea!

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 80 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,593
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.