Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 40 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 39 40
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Burns, I'm trying to figure out what you proved, other than you're easy?

Other than Blackheart, would you get another vote?

Better than 16,000 views so far on this thread and you think 1/2 dozen LDS suffers whining wins the day?

I guess that's one view. grin

Good Luck?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Burns, 16000 views yet you can't get even one vote. I thought at least Blackheart was in your corner. Here's your sign!

Am I the only one that feels like its weird that you keep posting pictures of dudes?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
16000 views yet you can't get even one vote. I thought at least Blackheart was in your corner. Here's your sign!

If we are voting for the most Karen like respondent to the thread, put me in his corner. For the love of haysoos he has a sandy vajayjay.

Seriously, who gets wound up over the fact that some shooters don't like Leupold. Big deal. Who gets worked up over the fact that Leupold is rarely found in certain shooting competition disciplines?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
$$$$$$$$$$$$

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have no dog in this fight but trying to get someone band from a website because of differing opinions or you don’t like them is juvenile.

That being said I appreciate the knowledge some of you possess. I am trying to learn more about long range shooting and scope options. Thanks for all the positive info.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Only riser designed to bridge the upper/handguard joint and lock it together.

Keeps the optic and the barrel pointed in the same place.

Optic Lok Riser

If a barrel is not "pointing" the same as the upper, there are MUCH bigger problems an optics mount can not fix.
In my experience....

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Springcove
I have no dog in this fight but trying to get someone band from a website because of differing opinions or you don’t like them is juvenile.

Its in jest my friend. But what is not in jest is defending a member JG Raider that we all want around (he has also been a mighty Leupold advocate in the past). Also, Burns rant several years ago about forcing Rick to ban some members or lose Burn's sponsorship was not in jest. He was dead serious. The digital voice video someone posted earlier is a direct quote from Burns.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Only riser designed to bridge the upper/handguard joint and lock it together.

Keeps the optic and the barrel pointed in the same place.

Optic Lok Riser

If a barrel is not "pointing" the same as the upper, there are MUCH bigger problems an optics mount can not fix.
In my experience....

Looks like a pretty solid idea.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Its in jest my friend. But what is not in jest is defending a member JG Raider that we all want around (he has also been a mighty Leupold advocate in the past). Also, Burns rant several years ago about forcing Rick to ban some members or lose Burn's sponsorship was not in jest. He was dead serious. The digital voice video someone posted earlier is a direct quote from Burns.

CT I meant no one in particular and hope you didn’t take it personally if so I apologize that was not my intent. Guys try that crap on the campfire forum and it just irritates me. I’m just trying to learn more about long range shooting as I have no experience with it.

If John did something like that then that’s pretty bush league. As I said trying to get someone banned for differing opinions or personal dislike is juvenile...

Last edited by Springcove; 09/16/20.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Can’t we all just get along and educate us long range newbies...🤔

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can’t we all just get along 🤔

No.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Leupold is probably built by a bunch of antifas at their day jobs. LOL!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seems to me that the only thing Burns stomped on is his own reputation.

The strength of his argument seems to consist of name dropping, passive aggression, and an old picture of him shooting at, and missing, a target at 1 mile.

A handful of pictures of Leups and dead critters are nothing but a straw man argument. Most of us have killed game with Leups, but that doesn’t change the fact that they seem to fail more often than some other scopes on the market. Most of us that have experienced Leup failures probably didn’t stop to take a picture of the ‘failure experience’ (not often possible), but I can assure you that my experiences really happened. Do I hate Leupold? No, but until they acknowledge and make changes to rectify the cause of the failures/mechanical unreliability that I’ve experienced, I certainly can’t recommend them. Especially when I’ve experienced a night-and-day difference between Leup and a handful of other scope models that have proven to be totally mechanically reliable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Seems to me that the only thing Burns stomped on is his own reputation.

The strength of his argument seems to consist of name dropping, passive aggression, and an old picture of him shooting at, and missing, a target at 1 mile.

A handful of pictures of Leups and dead critters are nothing but a straw man argument. Most of us have killed game with Leups, but that doesn’t change the fact that they seem to fail more often than some other scopes on the market. Most of us that have experienced Leup failures probably didn’t stop to take a picture of the ‘failure experience’ (not often possible), but I can assure you that my experiences really happened. Do I hate Leupold? No, but until they acknowledge and make changes to rectify the cause of the failures/mechanical unreliability that I’ve experienced, I certainly can’t recommend them. Especially when I’ve experienced a night-and-day difference between Leup and a handful of other scope models that have proven to be totally mechanically reliable.

+1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Right now I have two M8 6x42 scopes needing de-rattling. My favorite basic hunting scope too damnit.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mathman
Right now I have two M8 6x42 scopes needing de-rattling. My favorite basic hunting scope too damnit.

I still use a few of the 6x36's with dotz. For some reason, I can't kill them, but I may shed a tear when they croak.

Semper Fi
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by WAM
Leupold is probably built by a bunch of antifas at their day jobs. LOL!

Not at all likely to be the case. Bunch of good decent folks. One of the things about Leupold succeeding would be the hundreds (700+) of good folks they'd bring with them. Maybe a handful of closet heathens. Cumbaya.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by beretzs

I still use a few of the 6x36's with dotz. For some reason, I can't kill them, but I may shed a tear when they croak.

My old 6x36 is still going.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Have a couple old M-8 long tube 4 X's like that, don't twist em, but damn they're solid.

As to the rest of this thread...............we know the pig is going to shlt, we don't care, just wish he'd quit shltting in the trail, very bothersome to have to walk around it ; ]

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

My old 6x36 is still going.

For some reason, those suckers actually move the way they're supposed to and stay put. Only Leupold I have ever seen work like that and they're the older coin clicker turrets.

Semper Fi
Page 17 of 40 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,273
Posts18,486,635
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.