Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 40 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 39 40
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Seems to me that the only thing Burns stomped on is his own reputation.

The strength of his argument seems to consist of name dropping, passive aggression, and an old picture of him shooting at, and missing, a target at 1 mile.

A handful of pictures of Leups and dead critters are nothing but a straw man argument. Most of us have killed game with Leups, but that doesn’t change the fact that they seem to fail more often than some other scopes on the market. Most of us that have experienced Leup failures probably didn’t stop to take a picture of the ‘failure experience’ (not often possible), but I can assure you that my experiences really happened. Do I hate Leupold? No, but until they acknowledge and make changes to rectify the cause of the failures/mechanical unreliability that I’ve experienced, I certainly can’t recommend them. Especially when I’ve experienced a night-and-day difference between Leup and a handful of other scope models that have proven to be totally mechanically reliable.

Don't forget I also posted some dope memes. grin

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I am old enough to remember when Jordan begged me for a job. shocked

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Fifteenish years ago when I knew there was a problem a 6x42 went on a light weight 30-06. The word on the street was these fixed powers were more robust. The scope broke on the first shot, literally. That was not the straw that broke the camels back, but it came not long after.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
[quote=Jordan Smith]

A job from an employer who doesn’t pay their bills? Lol
Where I come from they call that volunteering.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Some folks don't get the value of a sharp brand ambassador.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Fifteenish years ago when I knew there was a problem a 6x42 went on a light weight 30-06. The word on the street was these fixed powers were more robust. The scope broke on the first shot, literally. That was not the straw that broke the camels back, but it came not long after.

I’ve not had very much luck with the 6x42’s myself. I wanted to like em, but the x36’s have replaced all but one of them.

Semper Fi
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

So now Jordan is older, wiser and informed.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

We’ve all made mistakes.

Some learn from them.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

That’s funny Clint, by far my last choice of any leupold, had/has a cult like following. Boy the 6x42 was the campfire darling for alotta years...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Judman

That’s funny Clint, by far my last choice of any leupold, had/has a cult like following. Boy the 6x42 was the campfire darling for alotta years...

They worked great for me for many years.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Seems to me that the only thing Burns stomped on is his own reputation.

The strength of his argument seems to consist of name dropping, passive aggression, and an old picture of him shooting at, and missing, a target at 1 mile.

A handful of pictures of Leups and dead critters are nothing but a straw man argument. Most of us have killed game with Leups, but that doesn’t change the fact that they seem to fail more often than some other scopes on the market. Most of us that have experienced Leup failures probably didn’t stop to take a picture of the ‘failure experience’ (not often possible), but I can assure you that my experiences really happened. Do I hate Leupold? No, but until they acknowledge and make changes to rectify the cause of the failures/mechanical unreliability that I’ve experienced, I certainly can’t recommend them. Especially when I’ve experienced a night-and-day difference between Leup and a handful of other scope models that have proven to be totally mechanically reliable.

Don't forget I also posted some dope memes. grin

Hah, fair enough!

LOL, "begged" might be a mischaracterization. Just slightly. Multiple companies, and a pile of passive aggression and narcissism ago, back when Burns conducted himself on here with a bit of dignity, I thought it might be fun to work with him. But as mathman pointed out, I've observed and learned a few things since then.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mathman

So what happened? They just mysteriously quit working all the sudden? We’re folks lying then or they lying now? Just curious

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

So what happened? They just mysteriously quit working all the sudden? We’re folks lying then or they lying now? Just curious

I think probably what happened was a few bought and used them, had good results and spread the word so more piled on. Then once M1 dials and such started getting added they started giving up a bit sooner. I had a M1 and plain jane with dotz that started acting weird and wouldn’t group. Replaced them with the X36 variant and the weird shooting guns went back to normal. Leupold rebuilt them, back in the day, quickly and I’ve sold them. I still have an older FX3 that seems fine, but I’m just gun shy with them now.

Just my honest opinion of that model.

Semper Fi
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
They both developed a rattle like I mentioned earlier. Something is loose inside. One was on an accurate 243 that rather quickly quit shooting well. I noticed the rattle in that one at home when I had no earplugs in.

I'll get them fixed and give them another run.

Last edited by mathman; 09/16/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ohhhhhh the angst of them trying to ride coat tails,as they lament being unable to critique ANYTHING and how others connect dots soooooooo very fhuqking easily. Hint. LAUGHING!

I personally never had any 6x36 Reupold luck,nor has anyone that I know who's flogged upon same(we all have). The 6x42's of course,were THE benchmark for many moons,until Reupold cut corners and turned 'em into Dog Schit. Funnier yet,is they never had the savvy to offer a MK4 M1 6x,though I of course have the M3 versions of same,but largely retired 'em for Retrostalgia. Hint.

Hit the range the other day and bumped into an Old Boy cussing up a storm,as he was trying to get a 50yd zero on a 22LR,with a Reupold 3-9x. It was hotter than fhuqk and he was traipsin' to/from the bench and backer and I mentioned that I had a Spotting Scope in my crummy,which cheered him up. He shot,I called corrections in Reupold "clicks" and he was Re-MAD. I asked him if I could look at things and he said "please". Gave 'er a shake and said "your scope puked",then he was Re-Re-MAD. I told him,"well...at least you KNOW it ain't you" and I mighta' mentioned a wagonload of similar Reupold Pukes. Hint.

I had him gawk my Spotter (Reupold MK4 Gen2 FFP),so he could savvy WTF with a reticle that'd tell you sumptin' useful. Dots connected,the light went on and he asked "WHY aren't ALL fhuqking scopes like that?!?",the MAD waning,as there was a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. I then grabbed a certain Vudoo that ain't little,removed mag and bolt,removed turrets from splines,indexed them wayyyyyyyy off their correct index and then asked him to whirl/twirl elevation and windage up/down ALL around,until I got back from hanging fresh 50yd paper. His heart was in it,which is of course how dots connect. Hint.

Once back at the bench,I skinned zoom to 5x,for greatest FOV and let him boresight on the center of 50yd paper. I crammed bolt back in receiver,so he could taste the 2-Ounce Shilen,prior to live fire. After a few of them,he said he was ready for the real thing,so I inserted the magazine and went to the Spotter. He shot the center dot at 12x,with parallax confirmed by him doing a Stevie Wonder,through said splendor. He shot and from there,I said "now simply measure the height and windage required to zero,where you aimed". 3.7 Mil's left and 2.3 Mil's up,which correlated to what I saw in the Spotter. Next shot was correlated to POA/POI and he blew his own [bleep] mind,with only (2) [bleep] shots,aboard a rifle he'd never even fhuqking heard of,let alone seen and same went the optic. Hint.

Later that day,with said platform,if only so Boobscan say they've "seen" one. Hint. LAUGHING!

I had him shoot from 20yds,to 200yds,gunning both erector and subtension,as that was the limits of this particular bench. "[bleep] Leupold he said" and I mentioned,that I've felt that similar pain and farrrrrrr too fhuqking many times. Also mighta' stated how many of the non-Reupolds I had and have as of yet to suffer a single Puke,despite obscene roundcounts and what is nearing 100 of said Brand's optics. Hint.

From there,I let him gun some other wares of the ilk,all of which shared like erector/reticle language. Then he was WAY pissed,that there's no 6x MQ's to procure,which I couldn't help him with cutting a check IMMEDIATELY.(grin) Hint.

Coming full circle,my MK4 Spotter has "only" PUKED it's guts once and the Bushie Baby Bitches DESTROY it optically and mechanically(better reticle),for 25% the jingle. Hint. LAUGHING!

Not that I don't enjoy a GREAT Reupold Ruse,as THE Most Clueless Of Fhuqks do their Melting Snowflake Routine(s),which are assuredly NO fhuqking "Act"...the "lucky" kchunts. Though in fairness,I've never seen more than (3) NIB Reupolds PUKE,on any single day. Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon the round count.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Such a lovely “story” liar Larry. Could the “old boy” get a word in edgewise listenin to you flap your cockholster and beat your gums?

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oppppsie
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by beretzs
Right now I have two M8 6x42 scopes needing de-rattling. My favorite basic hunting scope too damnit.

I still use a few of the 6x36's with dotz. For some reason, I can't kill them, but I may shed a tear when they croak.

My old 6x36 is still going.

For some reason, those suckers actually move the way they're supposed to and stay put. Only Leupold I have ever seen work like that and they're the older coin clicker turrets.

I’ve never had a 6x36 shift zero. Ever. I’ve used them for years. Some of them have ridden 100’s of miles in a saddle scabbard as well. I do try not to throw them around though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh my,Crying Karen is ALL about waxing eloquent via Vagina Monologue,upon her Countless yet very WELL founded Insecurities...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",in that which is blasse' for me mid fhuqking morning,is IMPOSSIBLE for Window Lickers and that never ain't not fhuqking funnier than fhuqk. Hint. LAUGHING!

Some purty High Zoot wares there! Pardon my having more GOOD Riggin' in my crummy on a slooowwwwwww day,than you've seen in your "Life". Hint. LAUGHING!

1000 Words. Hint.

Pardon my being a fan of colors and of course,now you can say you've "seen" an OEM S/S spouted 'Schutz wearing a Custom Bob 75MO/MO rail from a run I requested and what just might be a 6x MQ? The sticker affixed the MacaMillion Sillywet handle,just might be a misnomer. Google it. Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon even more colors,as you type with your mask on,while madly trying to Google it all. Now you can say you've seen a Mike Garrow Hummer wearing a S/S spout,with an Optika6 aboard. The scope Puked and is at their repair facility. Hint. LAUGHING!.

Pardon even more colors,as you nod your head like you "understand". Babiest 270 and Illuminatti. Google it. Hint. LAUGHING!

Swapped scopes the other day,after the Old Boy left the range. Illuminatti has never boobled(I've a "few" of 'em),but the '6x HD's reticle and illumination are better. Post Sport Limit this mornin'. Contemplatin' a Personal Use Limit,here in a bit,which is only 20 Silvers a day...but I regress. Google it. hint. LAUGHING!

1000 words on an erector and reticle talkin' the same language. Google it. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless her heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Now as the Reupold 6x36 goes,I've only Puked 'em on a RWS Springer,10/22 and a Wylde Krunchenticker,offa' the top of my head. All stagnant set and forget bitches. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Pardon actual USE.

LAUGHING!....................

I reckon I should bolt NorthernLite up,just so you Google gals,can flaunt your masks. Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Now as the Reupold 6x36 goes,I've only Puked 'em on a RWS Springer,10/22 and a Wylde Krunchenticker,offa' the top of my head. All stagnant set and forget bitches. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Pardon actual USE.

LAUGHING!....................

I reckon I should bolt NorthernLite up,just so you Google gals,can flaunt your masks. Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

What took a dump on em? Wouldn’t retain zero?

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Merica.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 18 of 40 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,934
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.