J
Originally Posted by Toddly
Originally Posted by MadMooner
What are you driving, Toddly?

Not many cars can pace a Tesla.

My GT2 will do the trick.

Was just looking at the GT2 specs. That thing is a beast!

It’s a keeper. Wonder how the electric cars do in the turns? I’m to old to take the Porsche in them at full capacity.

Too old.....? why did you buy Porsche if you cant drive it?....., some peoples dumbfuggery never ceases to amaze.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
https://youtu.be/ARzujfRiQ3c

Street racing with a Tesla

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The trip my brother and I took yesterday was from the Asheville area, in the top left of the map, down towards Gastonia in the lower center, it was 101 miles.
The main east-west road in this photo is I 40.
Tesla has "Supercharger" stations set up along the roads, they are at motels or at gas stations. You can see in the left part of the photo there are 2 Superchargers, in the Asheville area, and the one in the top center of the photo is in Hickory NC, about 70 miles away. So, one supercharger every 70 miles or so on the Interstates.

To get a good charge at a Supercharger takes 40 minutes and costs about $20.

Obviously it would be ridiculous to attempt a long distance trip in this vehicle.

My brother didn't buy it for that, you might say he just bought this car for the hell of it. As I said we are not greenies and we think that "climate change" is a bunch of BS.
My brother has a shiny new Nissan 4WD pickup for his main vehicle and for long trips. Plus he uses it to haul firewood to his log cabin, he burns his wood stove all winter just like I do.

We are up here in the NC mountains. It is 43 miles, along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to drive to the top of Mt. Mitchell, the highest peak this side of the Mississippi.
One month from now during leaf season, this will be the perfect vehicle to make that trip, twisty roads all the way.
Drive it around for a hundred ten miles in a day, take it back to your carport and plug it in. Great car for a day trip like that.

I'm sure there are guys on this forum who have bought expensive motorcycles on the same deal, just to have some fun on a sunny weekend drive, not for a main means of transportation.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The trip my brother and I took yesterday was from the Asheville area, in the top left of the map, down towards Gastonia in the lower center, it was 101 miles.
The main east-west road in this photo is I 40.
Tesla has "Supercharger" stations set up along the roads, they are at motels or at gas stations. You can see in the left part of the photo there are 2 Superchargers, in the Asheville area, and the one in the top center of the photo is in Hickory NC, about 70 miles away. So, one supercharger every 70 miles or so on the Interstates.

To get a good charge at a Supercharger takes 40 minutes and costs about $20.

Obviously it would be ridiculous to attempt a long distance trip in this vehicle.

My brother didn't buy it for that, you might say he just bought this car for the hell of it. As I said we are not greenies and we think that "climate change" is a bunch of BS.
My brother has a shiny new Nissan 4WD pickup for his main vehicle and for long trips. Plus he uses it to haul firewood to his log cabin, he burns his wood stove all winter just like I do.

We are up here in the NC mountains. It is 43 miles, along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to drive to the top of Mt. Mitchell, the highest peak this side of the Mississippi.
One month from now during leaf season, this will be the perfect vehicle to make that trip, twisty roads all the way.
Drive it around for a hundred ten miles in a day, take it back to your carport and plug it in. Great car for a day trip like that.

I'm sure there are guys on this forum who have bought expensive motorcycles on the same deal, just to have some fun on a sunny weekend drive, not for a main means of transportation.

I live in Mississippi. I saw a Tesla with California plates the other day. Is it possible to drive from California to Mississippi in a Tesla?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good until the power grid burns down.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Traveler52
Good until the power grid burns down.

If the power grid burns down, you're not pumping gas, either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I prefer 427/454s with dual four barrel Webbers myself. I stopped using electric cars when I was six or when I went to the fair to play bumper cars.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by cooper57m

How about that toady, the Porsche is pretty fast.... but not fast enough, cant even blame the results on a old guy.. laffin

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I understand initial reluctance of electric cars but I'm somewhat dumbfounded by the ignorance displayed in threads like this.

Some of you fugkers need to read more.

As in... a LOT more.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of the guys in our birding club down south has one of those X versions and he touts the charging stations all over too. He did say that the a/c and the heater pull down the range some, but he and the wife did try a cross country trip in the thing a couple years back. I would get impatient waiting 40 minutes for my car to charge on a trip. I've not been in a Model 3, but his X was sure no prize to ride in when we went birding. Hard low seats, limited visibility and rough ride with those big wheels and performance tires. With as fast as these things are, I'll bet that they are kind of hard on tires. Tesla does have an interesting battery system though. As I understand it, there is a whole big bank of very small flash light size batteries that you can replace individually. Their dealer network is like nonexistent and you need to deal with the factory or that is how it was two years ago. For that X car and maybe some of the others, you can order a performance upgrade over the phone and they program your car remotely. Too Buck Rogers for me. A buddy of mine is an EMT and they are cautioned about using the jaws of life to get someone out of an electric car. Think cutting through a high voltage wire.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
I understand initial reluctance of electric cars but I'm somewhat dumbfounded by the ignorance displayed in threads like this.

As in... a LOT more.

LOL

Don't you know it!

link

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Roadsters, if they ever get released, are supposed sub 2 sec 0-60 cars. Under 9 in the 1/4.

Not long after the “2020” roadster was announced, my wife decided she wanted one. Rather than put a down payment on it, the cooler head prevailed and we put 10% of the purchase price into TSLA in “her” brokerage account that has been sitting.

We agreed that if it grew to the purchase price of the Roadster, and she still wanted it, we’d buy one. Seems she is still interested because she regularly checks to see if it has hit $600.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lucas1
Is it possible to drive from California to Mississippi in a Tesla?

No, totally impossible electric cars are stupid they just run out of charge and you have to stop on the side of the road.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
For now, hybrid is the way to go, I am convinced. For passenger and medium SUV use, anyway. Not so much for towing yet. Hybrid gives you the best of both worlds, IMO: electric control, torque and assist, but with the convenience of gasoline refueling.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI

As in... a LOT more.

LOL

Don't you know it!

link

Classic Boomer.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

As in... a LOT more.

LOL

Don't you know it!

link

Classic Boomer.

Thank you for the compliment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

As in... a LOT more.

LOL

Read more......................bwahahahaha...............that's a good one around these part.............

When do you take the comedy show on the road?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Electric cars are for people who like small kitchen appliances and K cup coffee makers.

Homos in other words.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

As in... a LOT more.

LOL

Don't you know it!

link

Interesting read jorge,

leaves a lot of unanswered questions still.

As in, did the calculations take into account the amount of CO2 produced in the production, transportation and refining of the gasoline they were comparing the battery production to?

There's a very big caveat here too,

The calculation is based on the assumption that the electricity mix used in the battery factory consists of more than half of the fossil fuels.

considering that the majority of US electrical generation is now in nuclear, renewables, and natural gas (which releases about 30% less CO2 than oil and 45% less than coal). And the percentage of fossil fuel generation continues to drop yearly.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.