Page 24 of 40 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 39 40
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
And if you are telling me there is no way to get closer, then how the hell do you get your game after you've shot it ?

Well they stop that running schit when you kill them where they stand.

This seems basic hunting knowledge but maybe not everyone knows it? smile
Obviously there is a way to get closer then. Seems pretty basic but obviously not everybody gets it.

If you draw a sheep tag around Cody WY there are good places to try your sneaking skills.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

#Trackshoesrequired

😜😎

Naw, you just need a cloaking device & a couple of hours to get from A to B. wink

MM

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by Judman
One thing the suckass crew needs to know, I’m not here for pm’s, follows, friends or hunts, might be a poster on this thread that can elaborate... grin

Which only leaves the "Likes" just like Burns.

We got it bro.....

Rent FREE.

You simply can't post without me.

It's Kewl and you do have good taste in Men. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And if you are telling me there is no way to get closer, then how the hell do you get your game after you've shot it ?

Obviously there is a way to get closer then. Seems pretty basic but obviously not everybody gets it.

Well yeah, you shoot them dead and then get a lot closer.

It ain't rocket surgery if you have decent equipment and a smidgen of skillz.
There is a point where it becomes target shooting at live targets. I live on top of a mountain here. There is a field on the mountain across the valley from me. The near edge of that field is over 700 yards distant. There are deer out in that field nearly every evening. you could set up a bench on my front porch and shoot them from here. The thing is, I can go out and mow the lawn, cut firewood, or ride my ATV around the yard and they don't pay any attention. I would not consider shooting one of them "hunting" when they are so far away that they don't even perceive a threat. Nor would I be proud of the accomplishment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does walking in 4 miles to hunt count as getting close? Or, is there a deduct for having to make a 616 yard shot?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

If you draw a sheep tag around Cody WY there are good places to try your sneaking skills.

Why not just fly over the area and shoot them from a chopper ? You could remove all the hard work and hunting/stalking skill then. Fifty years from now If there were some sort of lazer gun that shot perfectly flat for miles and allowed sure kills in the next zip code, would you still consider it hunting or sporting to do so ? Would an animal shot from 2 miles away still be a trophy to be proud of ? Where do you draw the line or isn't there one ?

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by Judman
One thing the suckass crew needs to know, I’m not here for pm’s, follows, friends or hunts, might be a poster on this thread that can elaborate... grin

Which only leaves the "Likes" just like Burns.

We got it bro.....

Jeff, if that’s how it is, I’m not bro.... but you can suck lotsa ass via araig, but don’t fuuckin call me bro.... matter of fact, you’ve got my phone number and addy.... I’ll be killin bulls first week of October, killin everything in November, “whole month off” and Arizona first week of December.... you wanna see me, say it, as with your homey liar Larry, and the truck driver... hint

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Does walking in 4 miles to hunt count as getting close? Or, is there a deduct for having to make a 616 yard shot?

😎
If you've already walked 4 miles a few hundred yards of staking is unlikely to kill you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There is a point where it becomes target shooting at live targets. I live on top of a mountain here. There is a field on the mountain across the valley from me. The near edge of that field is over 700 yards distant. There are deer out in that field nearly every evening. you could set up a bench on my front porch and shoot them from here. The thing is, I can go out and mow the lawn, cut firewood, or ride my ATV around the yard and they don't pay any attention. I would not consider shooting one of them "hunting" when they are so far away that they don't even perceive a threat. Nor would I be proud of the accomplishment

LOL.

Try riding a ATV around 700yds from a 6 year old bull elk on public ground.

The hunting world is much more than private ground 1 1/2 year old whitetails that don't get hunted much.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey burns, but, but, but Larry is soooo nice if you pm him!!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My quad told me to get the fug off...Guess it couldn’t make it down this little slope.

LOL
😎

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I would not consider shooting one of them "hunting" when they are so far away that they don't even perceive a threat. Nor would I be proud of the accomplishment

That's telling.................

In many cases, they are aware of a threat & they know exactly where you are & that is exactly part of why you will not get closer, in addition to whatever the terrain limitations are.

MM

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Do your deer hunts in NY require stalking a few hundred yards? Or what's it like, jump shooting? Sneaking around "still" hunting? Elevated blinds?
These aren't the guys lobbing bullets at 550 that have no idea what happens past 200.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I will say, per one of my best pards, Larry is a very nice suckass in person, but that’s why I like “me”, I’m who I am, I’m not gonna be someone else via www, or in person...

PS, any used “boots” for sale “??? Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
But as beaver10 can attest, he is a big mean lookin [bleep]!!... haha

Headed over for a week of campin/drinkin real soon... 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Good lord black heart shut the fuuck up

Ain’t easy havin pals.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Why not just fly over the area and shoot them from a chopper ? You could remove all the hard work and hunting skill then.

Frowned upon by the WG&F.
I rode 10 miles on horseback to that area. 5000 ft gain in elevation. 100% do it yourself hunt. Packed in a camp. Big time grizzly country that complicates things.
No hard work was removed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=Blackheart]Obviously there is a way to get closer then. Seems pretty basic but obviously not everybody gets it.

Why not just fly over the area and shoot them from a chopper ? You could remove all the hard work and hunting skill then.
I rode 10 miles on horseback to that area. 5000 ft gain in elevation.100% do it yourself hunt. Big time grizzly country that complicates things.

If that's your ram in your avatar well done.

It ain't easy to pull those horns from the wilderness.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=Blackheart]Obviously there is a way to get closer then. Seems pretty basic but obviously not everybody gets it.

I rode 10 miles on horseback to that area. 5000 ft gain in elevation.100% do it yourself hunt. Big time grizzly country that complicates things.

If that's your ram in your avatar well done.

It ain't easy to pull those horns from the wilderness.

I just assumed it was a new RAM Truck emblem.

😎

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

LOL.

Try riding a ATV around 700yds from a 6 year old bull elk on public ground.

The hunting world is much more than private ground 1 1/2 year old whitetails that don't get hunted much.
I have rarely hunted private ground in my whole life and have taken over 200 whitetails. With 1.4 million licensed hunters in this State back when I started hunting and 750,000 now, the hunting pressure is probably about as great as it gets anywhere. So great in fact that only 10-15% of our bucks ever made it past 1.5 years of age back then and today even with the big push for QDM and antler restrictions only 20% make it past 2.5 years. Despite that I have managed to take several 3.5 years and older. Oh, and everybody gets a buck tag here, we don't draw for them. Tell me some more about pressured game.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
This thread has taken on a new life - I am predicting a hundred pages.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Page 24 of 40 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 270cowboy, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,332
Posts18,487,602
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.