W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by Blackheart
[quote=Blackheart]Obviously there is a way to get closer then. Seems pretty basic but obviously not everybody gets it.

If you draw a sheep tag around Cody WY there are good places to try your sneaking skills.

Why not just fly over the area and shoot them from a chopper ? You could remove all the hard work and hunting skill then.
Frowned upon by the WG&F.
I rode 10 miles on horseback to that area. 5000 ft gain in elevation.100% do it yourself hunt. Big time grizzly country that complicates things.
No hard work was removed.

If that's your ram in your avatar well done.

It ain't easy to pull those horns from the wilderness.

Yup that's him.
Got him on the 4th trip in.
570 yard shot.
If that bothers anybody, tough schit.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=Blackheart]Obviously there is a way to get closer then. Seems pretty basic but obviously not everybody gets it.

If you draw a sheep tag around Cody WY there are good places to try your sneaking skills.

Why not just fly over the area and shoot them from a chopper ? You could remove all the hard work and hunting skill then.
I rode 10 miles on horseback to that area. 5000 ft gain in elevation.100% do it yourself hunt. Big time grizzly country that complicates things.

Yup that's him.
570 yard shot.

570 yard...Pffft...Chip Shot

Grins 😎

PS

Nice Ram!

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have rarely hunted private ground in my whole life and have taken over 200 whitetails. With 1.4 million licensed hunters in this State back when I started hunting and 750,000 now, the hunting pressure is probably about as great as it gets anywhere. So great in fact that only 10-15% of our bucks ever made it past 1.5 years of age back then and today even with the big push for QDM and antler restrictions only 20% make it past 2.5 years old. Despite that I have managed to take several 3,5 years and older. Tell me some more about hunting pressured game.

You're the goofy feller yip yapin about driving your ATV around while mowing the lawn and the game does not take notice.

It's your story.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I live on top of a mountain here. There is a field on the mountain across the valley from me. The near edge of that field is over 700 yards distant.

I'm having a difficult time imagining a field on a mountain and a "valley" that is less than 700 yards wide.

Yes, I know you said the field is "over 700 yards distant", but the notion is there.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I have rarely hunted private ground in my whole life and have taken over 200 whitetails. With 1.4 million licensed hunters in this State back when I started hunting and 750,000 now, the hunting pressure is probably about as great as it gets anywhere. So great in fact that only 10-15% of our bucks ever made it past 1.5 years of age back then and today even with the big push for QDM and antler restrictions only 20% make it past 2.5 years old. Despite that I have managed to take several 3,5 years and older. Tell me some more about hunting pressured game.

You're the goofy feller yip yapin about driving your ATV around while mowing the lawn and the game does not take notice.

It's your story.
From a half mile away they don't perceive a threat.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Yup that's him.
570 yard shot.

570 yard...Pffft...Chip Shot

Grins 😎

PS

Nice Ram!

Even used a Leupold.

So I got that going for me.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I live on top of a mountain here. There is a field on the mountain across the valley from me. The near edge of that field is over 700 yards distant.

I'm having a difficult time imagining a field on a mountain and a "valley" that is less than 700 yards wide.

Yes, I know you said the field is "over 700 yards distant", but the notion is there.
You get to the bottom of one and almost immediately start up the next. There is a road between and thats it. You go downhill to the road from here, cross the road and you are going back up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's your story.

And that is Low Pressure.

A 6 year old Ram or bull or buck will spook at a mile plus from some chuckle head zipping around on an ATV or mowing a lawn.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

It's your story.

How bout a “yip yappin” kelpbed booger hawg??? All ya gotta do is over tighten your rings, throw your rifles in the water and biitch!!! Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Ted, were talkin Adirondacks here! 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Even used a Leupold.

So I got that going for me.

Well Played.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

It's your story.

And that is Low Pressure.

A 6 year old Ram or bull or buck will spook at a mile plus from some chuckle head zipping around on an ATV or mowing a lawn.

We've got more fuggin licensed hunters than you've got people. The more popular hunting spots close to the road you are not getting out of sight of another hunter all day and that's in the woods where you can't see over 100 yards. Tell me more about pressure dick head.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You fuuckers think this “out west” stuff is tough, head to pow, cruise beaches in a boat, shoot kelp drunk beach bears fresh outta hibernation, then, shoot diminutive deer, from July to December 31st!!! That’s tough shiit!!! Serious shiit!! I mean tough boolits for 70lb deer, limited time, this stuff is tough!!! Then having to drive to a range??? Really??? This stuff is “hunting”.. 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Judman

Vermont would blow your fuggin minds. Up, down, up ,down, up, down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[/quote
We've got more fuggin licensed hunters than you've got people. The more popular hunting spots close to the road you are not getting out of sight of another hunter all day and that's in the woods where you can't see over 100 yards. Tell me more about pressure dick head.

I did.

If you are zipping around in an ATV at 1/2 mile with game not giving you a second glance your living the Low Pressure Life.

It's kewl but you probably should understand it's super easy hunting.

Rifles would be unsportsmanlike and slingshots are really the only thing a good hunter would use.

But I don't judge, you do you. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

God damn man.... 😂😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[/quote

I did.

If you are zipping around in an ATV at 1/2 mile with game not giving you a second glance your living the Low Pressure Life.

Rifles would be unsportsmanlike and slingshots are really the only thing a good hunter would use.

These fuuckers are dumb as Alaskans.... 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sounds amazingly difficult. grin

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 09/16/20.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Vermont would blow your fuggin minds. Up, down, up ,down up, down.
[/quote

I did.

That mountain across from me gets hunted hard during seer season. I know because I've hunted it plenty and taken several bucks off of it. That field is surrounded by thick woods. In fact the whole rest of the mountain is woods other than that one field. That's where most of the hunters are and most of the deer are killed. Despite that, deer will still come out in that field sometimes close to dark. If somebody isn't watching it from the edge of the woods and shooting at them immediately I can ride my ATV around the yard or drive my Jeep down the driveway and they won't even look this way. Folks around here don't shoot at deer a half mile away across valleys.

Page 25 of 40 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,379
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.