Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Electric cars are for people who like small kitchen appliances and K cup coffee makers.

Homos in other words.

Our coffee maker has a drip pot and a "K cup" deal. Wife uses the pot, I use the re-usable filter individual cup deal.

If they were cheap enough, an electric car would make sense for out trips to town. Probably need to charge it once a week. And I could rig up a solar deal to keep it charged on the days we don't even go to town. 300+ days of sun a year and few trees in the way can make a lot of electrons.

Oh, I like girls...........

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Val: I have no issues with anyone owning Tesla (or Tesla-like" cars. I just don't want people telling me what I can or can't own or even than their way is better based on theory and not proven science.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
unfortunately jorge, there's always someone in some capacity telling us what we can or can't own. It's just different in some jurisdictions than it is in others.........

and yes, it sucks.

As for science, coming from a science background I figure science is never settled, and there are always so many questions they'll never answer them all.

And that kind of sucks too. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I prefer 427/454s with dual four barrel Webbers myself. I stopped using electric cars when I was six or when I went to the fair to play bumper cars.

Classic Boomer.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Valsdad
unfortunately jorge, there's always someone in some capacity telling us what we can or can't own. It's just different in some jurisdictions than it is in others.........

and yes, it sucks.

As for science, coming from a science background I figure science is never settled, and there are always so many questions they'll never answer them all.

I swear some of you mongos watched the Space Shuttle and thought how much you prefer a rotary engined propeller.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Lucas1
Is it possible to drive from California to Mississippi in a Tesla?

No, totally impossible electric cars are stupid they just run out of charge and you have to stop on the side of the road.

Absolutely. The EV record for the cannonball run (Redondo beach, CA to NYC) is slower than the pony express, took them 46 HOURS to cross the continent. Can’t imagine ANYONE taking almost two whole DAYS to drive across the US.

I suggest getting nervous about battery status anytIme you lose sight of your house....

https://techau.com.au/tesla-model-3-sets-new-ev-cannonball-run-record-20hrs-slower-than-ice/

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
An acquaintance of mine bought a new Model S Tesla last year. I had heard of them but never really looked one over. They're very upscale cars. 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. 160+ top speed. He told me he paid $40K for it.

If they can get batteries to produce a 900 mile range I think they could sell them faster than they could make them for $40K.

It's all about battery technology at this point,...and they're getting better all the time.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Gayer than giving Liberace a BJ under his piano.

I am MAGA.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Electric cars are for people who like small kitchen appliances and K cup coffee makers.

Homos in other words.

Hey take it easy on yourself buddy

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Valsdad

and yes, it sucks.

I swear some of you mongos watched the Space Shuttle and thought how much you prefer a rotary engined propeller.

Not me, I'm all aboard on E-vehicles.

As soon as there's an affordable one with a maintenance free flux capacitor on board, I'll sell the 17 year old Matrix and rush down to the dealership for one.

I already posted on how suitable an e car would be for our trips to town.

In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

A car powered by your references to homosexual sex would have more cruising range than any technology yet discovered.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Liberace was gay?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah.....nobody saw that coming.

Women LOVED him!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fossil fuel pollution to build the car and fossil fuel burned to charge the car. Nice clean environment, NOT.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The supercharging stations use 440 volts to fast charge (40-45 minutes) a Tesla. Charging stations are all over the country along the interstate highway system. Tesla has a map on their website. So yea, you can drive 4 hours, charge while you eat, (most are supposed to be near restaurants also). This allows you to go cross country. Hotels now have charging stations. I've read the newer Teslas can charge in 8 hours with 120v, 3 hours with 220v, and 45 minutes with 440 supercharging stations. Charging at their charging stations are supposed to be free for the first 50,000 miles or so. Also, you can get additional extended range batteries in their model S to go 400 miles. Their pickup truck coming out next year is supposed to go 500 miles on a charge as well as their semi truck 500 miles.

Just like gasoline cars and trucks, mileage will depend on using air conditioning, how much load you are carrying, acceleration speeds, and top speed. Mileage was figured with driver only and slow accelerating, and no ac at 70 mph. I am supposed to get about 18-20mpg on my Ford Expediton. Best I ever got was about 16mpg with 93 octaine premium gas. I drive about 78 on the interstate, sometimes accelerate fast, and long trips are with luggage.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by EdM
Hey if he is happy I am happy. Never understood why folks are concerned with how one chooses to spend their money.

Funny aint it? crazy the T's not for me, but idgas if someone else wants one.

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
An acquaintance of mine bought a new Model S Tesla last year. I had heard of them but never really looked one over. They're very upscale cars. 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. 160+ top speed. He told me he paid $40K for it.

If they can get batteries to produce a 900 mile range I think they could sell them faster than they could make them for $40K.

It's all about battery technology at this point,...and they're getting better all the time.

The Model S starts at $75K and goes up from there if you want more range and performance. I think you can get a stripped down Model 3 in the 40K range but the prices goes up quickly if you add desirable features (AWD, Autopilot, bigger battery). I drove one for a day and it is fast off the line and has some cool features. For my needs, I'll stick with my 12 year old Tacoma and leave the $40K in the bank. If they come out with something with a no kidding real 400 mile range for $30K, I would be interested.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I was in the market I would want to try out a battery powered "chicks car".....8.27 @ 168

Edit, and the Tesla's are sweet!

Dave

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
" So yea, you can drive 4 hours, charge while you eat, (most are supposed to be near restaurants also]"

Well, you can't drive 4 hours in my brother's car. On our trip yesterday we drove 202 miles and there was 8 percent battery left, which is about 20 more miles.
So if you are going 70 miles an hour, you can't even drive 3 hours and you have to stop for a 40 minute recharge.

As I showed in the map above, here in North Carolina the charging stations are about 70 miles apart.

I have done quite a bit of long distance travelling, I put about 980,000 miles on the 18 wheeler alone, in the past 10 years. What a pain in the ass it would be to have to stop maybe every 2 1/2 hours for a recharge.

Now, Tesla claims that these vehicles have a 300 mile range but that is way, way off.

If they could get it up to a 400 mile range that would be great. Also, they are installing new charging stations and as those get to be more common that would make long trips more feasible.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Ever seen one Jim?

A Tesla that is, not Liberace with his pants unzipped.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,112
Posts18,502,295
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.